The Roof at Hotel Vancouver
900 West Georgia St
Vancouver, BC V6C 2W6Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Roof at Hotel Vancouver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fairmont.com/hotelvancouver/GuestServices/Restaurants/TeaattheCastle.htm
- Phone: (604) 662-1900x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Buffet (Mon to Fri): 06:30 to 10:30
Breakfast Buffet (Sat & Sun): 07:00 to 10:30
Breakfast A La Carte (Daily): Opening to 11:30
Lunch A La Carte (Daily): 11:30 to 14:30
Dinner A La Carte (Daily): 17:30 to 21:30
Afternoon Tea (Mon to Fri): 14:30 to 16:00
Afternoon Tea (Sat & Sun): 13:00 to 16:00
Bar Bites (Daily): 11:30 to 23:00
Bar Beverage Service (Sun to Thu): 11:30 to 24:00
Bar Beverage Service (Fri & Sat): 11:30 to 01:00
Live Entertainment – featured Thursday to Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Afternoon Tea, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cameron Ballendine
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment – featured Thursday to Saturday
A word from The Roof at Hotel Vancouver
Simple + Fresh + Classic … located at the heart of The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, its dramatic setting with lofted ceilings, glass art sconces and high arched windows place each diner at the center of the city’s favourite gathering place. Chef Cameron Ballendine and his brigade have created new a menu that brings the freshness of the fields, mountains, and waters to the plate. Food that is uncomplicated and understandable with attentive service … serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and afternoon tea daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Roof at Hotel Vancouver reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)scenic view (72)romantic (45)great for lunch (36)great for brunch (32)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (23)notable wine list (13)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- A memory lane reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014In the fifties The Roof was the chic place to go on special occasions - and if you were still in college, very very special occasions! And when the bill came the girls went to powder their noses and the guys hoped they had enough cash in their wallets to be able to include a tip! We enjoyed our trip down memory lane - minus Dal Richards and Lorraine who were really a part of The Roof in the 50's and 60's. The service was impeccable, the staff friendly but not intrusive; the meal was well presented; and overall a pleasant ambieance. And oh yes, whiskey sours may be out of fashion but the bartender actually knew how to mix one! Thanks.Special Features:
- ImpressivefoodempressDined on 9/4/2014When I read the menu, the idea of paying $11 for a bowl of soup made my stomach turn. It was an absolutely divine French onion soup though, and after trying it, my mind is already on going back to have it again! I had Foraged Mushrooms on Toast with a poached egg on top. It was delicious. I was really very impressed with the food.Special Features:
- exceeded expectationbeproudVIPDined on 9/3/2014The customer service alone would have me come back, excellent customer service from the front desk all the way to the chef. Live the view of the city and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast before V.A.G.IrememberCaliforniaDined on 8/31/2014We started our day at the Roof and had an outstanding breakfast. It was convenient for us as we were going to the Vancouver Art Gallery across the street afterwards. The service was excellent and the food very professionally presented and served. Flawless. Not my normal breakfast routine in Vancouver, but definitely worth a visit if you're looking for something excellent before seeing some great art.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappintedojaiDined on 8/30/2014There was no surprises. Everything is just average. I was very disappointed given it is the Fairmount.
- Wow!SamandDeanDined on 8/30/2014We had the best service. It was my sister's birthday and we went for breakfast. Everyone from the hostess to the server made us feel special. The chef made my sister a special birthday starter and it was delicious. He brought it out himself and after breakfast came back to our table to make sure everything was perfect. It was great. Our server was very friendly and we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- We won't be back...HNLGALDined on 8/28/2014And I t used to be so good. First you could tell that it was used exclusively for banquets now as the feel of the room is so sterile now. We went specifically for the memories of how wonderful it used to be when it was the Panorama Roof and to hear a favourite entertainer. Our 4th guest was running late so at first we didn't mind waiting, but! We waited amost an hour for a menu, 1.15 hrs for bread and when the food arrived, it was flavourful but cold. I had to ask for every single thing but the initial water. We saw many other tables come and go while we waited. What was supposed to be a special night on the town turned into the worst. Even the $18 valet lost my car! I was so very embarrassed. Shame on you Hotel Vancouver! Very $$$$ too!
- sooo amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014i love the ambience, the food, service, everything!Special Features:
- Disappointing ServiceaverydogDined on 8/26/2014We have relatives who come every year from overseas and we always have high tea at the Fairmont. This year I booked our reservation for 8 people for 12:30pm (as allowed on Open Table) 2 weeks in advance. At 8:00 pm the night before we received a call from the hotel saying that high tea is not available until 2:30. We had to call our guests at that hour to try and rearrange our plans. If high tea is not available at 12:30 - the option to book reservations at that time should not be available. Also, if a mistake has been made someone should have called during the two week period to advise. I have been going here for years and this was truely a disappointment. The service during high tea was very good.Special Features:
- Exceeds ExpectationsNanciDined on 8/24/2014Initially, when booking, I thought this "afternoon tea" was a bit pricey at $50.00. We were all so impressed with the service, the food, the old and beautiful sterling silver tea pots, fine china, silverware and spectacular view. I quickly realized this afternoon tea experience was worth every cent and the best I have experienced in Vancouver. I was so delighted to see the Roof at the hotel open again and beautifully renovated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING EXPERIENCEwe4luvtoeatoutDined on 8/22/2014Impecable service with excellent cuisine ,great presentation ,nice touch with live musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014Always outstanding food, service and atmosphere! My favorite place.Special Features:
- FouroclockteaDined on 8/19/2014Nous sommes allé pour le thé de l'après midi et nous avons adoré. L'ambiance est très agréable et le personnel est très avenant. Nous avons adoré notre expérience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my experienceAlexCanuckDined on 8/17/2014it was great to chiose the roof. great experience, great service, great food. like heaven. my fiance, ( before girlfriend, cause dinner was start to mine proposal night ) she was amazed from this place. i got 10/10 from her for dinner . lol. thank you. im pretty sure, me and my fiance, we found one of our favorite place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billDined on 8/16/2014outstanding food , service, ambiance !! fitting for the Hotel Vancouver traditionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely birthday celebrationJupiteringDined on 8/16/2014We went to The Roof for my mother's birthday, and I couldn't have picked a better location. Food was wonderful and the staff was fantastic. Will visit again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Shrimp cocktail and onion soup very well received. Butter chicken was awesome and the three prime rib sandwiches were filled (I mean filled) with meat ordered to our liking....medium rare exactly. Absolutely no room to try out any desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- afternoon teaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014afternoon tea was delicious and memorable. service was top notch!Special Features:
- Afternoon teaTeatimeDined on 8/14/2014Great experience. The variety of food on the tray was good. We were not hurried and waitress was attentive.Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Don't go there. Everything is outdated. Online menu not updated to what can be provided.
- Great Afternoon TeadisappointeddinerDined on 8/9/2014Took my Mom here for her birthday and it was terrific. A bit pricey for tea but the food and the wonderful service made up for it. I had notified the restaurant that it was her birthday and when we were greeted upon arrival the staff wished her a happy birthday which was very nice, they also brought a lovely piece of chocolate cake over which was unexpected and very nice. Will definitely be coming back here for the afternoon tea again very soon and would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High TeaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We were a group of five ladies and had a round table near the window and it was very quiet and we could all talk together and catch up. The service was very attentive and prompt and the food was good. There is an extensive list of teas for the high tea.Special Features:
- It's not on "The Roof"FarooqVIPDined on 8/8/2014As the name suggests, I thought this was a roof top Patio type Resturant. Nope.... On the 15th floor, old furnature, out of date lounge, no energy, quiet and dead on a Friday night. The positive side is the view of Downtown Vancouver is nice, the service is good and the food is average.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceDelilahDined on 8/8/2014Went for my mother's birthday and had an outstanding evening. The service was prompt and friendly. Between the four of us we tried the lamb chops, pork chop and crab legs. All tasted amazing. Because we were celebrating a birthday we had a piece of chocolate cake that was to die for, moist and flavourful but very rich! perfect for sharing.Special Features:
- JasonKDined on 8/2/2014Dining at The Roof was one of the most unpleasant dining experiences my wife and I had. Service was extremely slow and was absolutely unapologetic until we said that we have been waiting over an hour for our main course while other tables who were seated before us, were already on their dessert. In addition to the extremely slow unapologetic service, the tables were set too close together. I had more than one server that kept bumping my shoulder with their behind to try and squeeze in-between tables. Aside from the slow service and cramped seating, the live band, while sounding pretty good playing, were much too loud for the space given. I was literally 6 inches from my wife and talking at a very loud volume for her to hear anything.
- Fairmont FailNVDinerDined on 8/2/2014The meal was insultingly bad, and the atmosphere reflected their lack of effort.
- Good place for quiet business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014The place is quiet and really nice. Internet menu says it serves a lunch buffet so we expect it to be like Griffins, but when we got there, they only had a small a la carte menu - limited choices. The food was okay. Would not go there for the food, but the atmosphere was nice - on the top floor of Hotel Vancouver. Our server was so-so only, but very polite.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rooftop DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014An interesting setting on the top floor of the old Hotel Vancouver. The space could be made more interesting by opening up the ceilings a bit but still a nice location with well spaced tables. Reservations for dining area are recommended during peak periods given the limited number of tables but there is an adjacent loung area that is set further back from the windows but has a similar view and does not seem to require reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pammy54VIPDined on 7/26/2014Lacking in ambiance. Food, service was exceptional but the crowd was very elderly.Special Features:
- Great find!BaspenDined on 7/25/2014Many entres to choice from. Beautifully served. And live music was a bonus! Very relaxed atmosphere with an attentive waitress who was friendly and informative.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceWiscguyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Nice bar with good view. Dining was very good with good food and service. Nice entertainment and it was not too loud as to detract from meal!Special Features:
- The ViewgreattasteseekersDined on 7/18/2014This was a great destination for a special birthday celebration. The service was excellent and the view spectacular. The food was good but we did not find it "outstanding". However, we would definitely return for another meal.Special Features:
- Go while it's thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014Was pleasantly surprised by the experience - and I think the limited time engagement will work in their favour. Lovely space, with some unique views of downtown (yes, no water, but still views you don't get elsewhere). Food was delicious (4 people in the party, all had different entrees and reported good things). Worth heading up there for a business lunch or after work cocktail to take in the views while you can!Special Features:
- The Carvery was excellentloquatDined on 7/14/2014I brought some customers to The Roof for a quiet business lunch. The service was outstanding and the food was very good. We all ended up having the carvery and we all left happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roof no RoofJMicha33VIPDined on 7/12/2014Was hoping it was actually outdoors based on the name!Special Features:
- Great atmospherediningqueenDined on 7/11/2014It was a great experience - had breakfast meeting here - was just awesome :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPunamVIPDined on 7/10/2014Fabulous service. Amazing cuisine. Great views. I would return again. Dessert was sinful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchit2Dined on 7/8/2014Old ambience, everything old..need to revamp. food tasted like it was frozen. staff was nice but not as polished.
- High tea for twoneneneDined on 7/8/2014Brought my mom here for afternoon tea for her birthday. We loved the extensive tea selection, sunny view from our window side table, and excellent friendly service! Had the most delicious warm scones with devonshire cream and lots of other tasty treats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a great place for lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014The food is outstanding ,the table server is professional but the reception is sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.