The Roof at Hotel Vancouver
900 West Georgia St
Vancouver, BC V6C 2W6Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Roof at Hotel Vancouver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fairmont.com/hotelvancouver/GuestServices/Restaurants/TeaattheCastle.htm
- Phone: (604) 662-1900x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Buffet (Mon to Fri): 06:30 to 10:30
Breakfast Buffet (Sat & Sun): 07:00 to 10:30
Breakfast A La Carte (Daily): Opening to 11:30
Lunch A La Carte (Daily): 11:30 to 14:30
Dinner A La Carte (Daily): 17:30 to 21:30
Afternoon Tea (Mon to Fri): 14:30 to 16:00
Afternoon Tea (Sat & Sun): 13:00 to 16:00
Bar Bites (Daily): 11:30 to 23:00
Bar Beverage Service (Sun to Thu): 11:30 to 24:00
Bar Beverage Service (Fri & Sat): 11:30 to 01:00
Live Entertainment – featured Thursday to Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Afternoon Tea, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cameron Ballendine
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment – featured Thursday to Saturday
A word from The Roof at Hotel Vancouver
Simple + Fresh + Classic … located at the heart of The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, its dramatic setting with lofted ceilings, glass art sconces and high arched windows place each diner at the center of the city’s favourite gathering place. Chef Cameron Ballendine and his brigade have created new a menu that brings the freshness of the fields, mountains, and waters to the plate. Food that is uncomplicated and understandable with attentive service … serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and afternoon tea daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Roof at Hotel Vancouver reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (75)scenic view (74)romantic (40)great for lunch (39)great for brunch (30)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A place to talkLizCDined on 10/21/2014Such a pleasure to be in a restaurant where conversation can be heard. This is how restaurants used to be! It is a bit of a time warp but very gentile. A delightful complimentary desert plate to recognize the birthday being celebrated.Special Features:
- A perfect Birthday surpriseNomadRyderDined on 10/17/2014I used to work at the Hotel when it was owned by CP Hotels. It was nice to share some of my past places and events with my fiancé. I always bragged about how nice the hotel was to work at and the level of service we provided there. Tonight was no exception. Great service ( thank you Eros). Staff were interested that I worked there, a nice little birthday dessert for Karen and the meals were exceptional. Karen and I had a chance to dine at Gord Ramsey Steak in Las Vegas. The Roof easily out did them,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib the starFoodygoodyDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I were celebrating and decided to go to the roof to eat. I had the lobster bisque followed by the duck confit special while she had oysters and the prime rib. All the food was delicious but the 12oz prime rib was melt in your mouth. Overall a very nice nightSpecial Features:
- My pleasureAgram80Dined on 10/17/2014I have taken friends to a lunch at The Roof twice in the last two weeks. Guess that it says it all regarding the experience, doesn't it?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VanceJojieDined on 10/12/2014it was a wonderful experienced. Me and my wife really love the healthy foods we order. She also enjoyed the Mango colada cocktail which she says " its a heavenly drink" lol. I thought our bills will be a lot but it was actually reasonable. We will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Lunch at The RoofchoosyeaterDined on 10/10/2014We made our reservations for 11.30, so it was quiet and not too busy. It became busier about an hour later, but we had a table with a view and the food was good and it was quiet enough to have a conversation without loud music or too much noise. I would recommend this spot to have a good lunch with a unique view...there are not too many places in Vancouver to give you a downtown panorama.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularbobsanVIPDined on 10/5/2014It is rare that a restaurant is superb and delivers an exceptional total experience. Tonight we had one. The test of true greatness is when something goes wrong and all departments pitch in to make everything spectacular. Our Kudos to a restaurant that Vancouver should be proud of. bobsanI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, wonderful serviceluveatingDined on 10/1/2014We went to The Roof to celebrate our birthdays. What a wonderful place to do this. I thought that there would be more of a view being so high up...15 floors..but you still get the in the clouds feel. The food was superb and the service quick. It has a nice european ambiance. Quietly chic. We used to go to the 900 West years ago and never returned after they closed. Now that we have tried out The Roof we shall, most definitely, be back. The service was excellent, the wine delicious and the food superb. Good selection and reasonable pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old timer restaurantote2Dined on 9/30/2014Just like years ago with good hotel restaurants the Roof is quiet.There is white table cloth unlike some of the other restaurant( like the one across the street). The service is excellent our server knows the food he is serving us. The food is not exceptional but the price is reasonable. I was aware by mid- Nov. the restaurant will move back to the ground floor. There won't be any white table cloth and likely the tables will be cramped close to each other and of course noisy.The passing of an era.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast BuffetKenHDined on 9/28/2014The breakfast buffet offered a variety of breakfast items, one of them being eggs benedict, which is a favorite of mine. The chef even offered to cook me eggs benny with lox, but I preferred the traditional with ham. The egg yolks were cooked to perfection just the way I like them. I found the food to be good, but not outstanding. I tried the lox, which I usually enjoy, but could not eat it because it did not taste fresh and was very fishy tasting. The asparagus spears tasted slightly burned.Special Features:
- Strolling down memory laneFoodyVIPDined on 9/27/2014I think it's been 30 years since I was last at the Roof. The food was fine. Not spectacular but solid. The space was a little tired. The Hotel didn't really do much to update the décor but it was still so nice to have had the experience. I miss Dal Richards and his band!
- Highly recommendedabdanceDined on 9/26/2014We took our out of town visitors to a trip down memory lane as we used to dance at the panorama roof, many years ago. All of us enjoyed the experience very much, the service and food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as expected.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014The view was very nice. The service seemed weak compared to other good dining experiences I have had. The menu was weak as well as there was very little variety. I had the tuna... and the best part of my tuna dish were the mushrooms. Rather than seared, the tuna was cooked "grey" almost entirely through?! Dessert was nice, ambiance was nice, overall: disappointed.Special Features:
- BeautifulMomsnightoutVIPDined on 9/24/2014The view was gorgeous. Prime Rib was served traditional and filling, very good. Lobster Bisque was fantastic. A true find for a romantic date night.Special Features:
- Superb in every respectKenMDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant is a notable oldie that returned to its old location at the top of the Vancouver Hotel while they relocate their main restaurant. It is a magnificent location and it is in keeping with the Vancouver Hotel Excellence. Truly great in every respect. We hope to return before it closes again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DinnerGKXMILDined on 9/18/2014Nice ambience with beautiful live music. The food was excellent as well as the service. View of the city from the top floor is great. We had a wonderful dining experience and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romatic diningholeinone1Dined on 9/18/2014We loved our table. I had asked for a quiet table because of partial deafness and they accommodated us by giving the best table for us to be able to communicate with each other. The food and delivery was superb. It will be a shame for it to change location in the hotel, but when you do move consider having a few tables set aside for quiet conversations, both for special personal and business reasons. You will find that your dinning business will improve as the word gets out that your is the place to meet. Thank you for listening and we'll see you again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialFoodnmoreDined on 9/17/2014For a special occasion the Roof offers everything - ambiance, service, good food and presentation. Our party enquired about returning for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulDinerDined on 9/14/2014Enjoyed lunch here, as always. Great food and stunning views.Special Features:
- A memory lane reviewgr8occasionsDined on 9/10/2014In the fifties The Roof was the chic place to go on special occasions - and if you were still in college, very very special occasions! And when the bill came the girls went to powder their noses and the guys hoped they had enough cash in their wallets to be able to include a tip! We enjoyed our trip down memory lane - minus Dal Richards and Lorraine who were really a part of The Roof in the 50's and 60's. The service was impeccable, the staff friendly but not intrusive; the meal was well presented; and overall a pleasant ambieance. And oh yes, whiskey sours may be out of fashion but the bartender actually knew how to mix one! Thanks.Special Features:
- ImpressivefoodempressDined on 9/4/2014When I read the menu, the idea of paying $11 for a bowl of soup made my stomach turn. It was an absolutely divine French onion soup though, and after trying it, my mind is already on going back to have it again! I had Foraged Mushrooms on Toast with a poached egg on top. It was delicious. I was really very impressed with the food.Special Features:
- exceeded expectationbeproudVIPDined on 9/3/2014The customer service alone would have me come back, excellent customer service from the front desk all the way to the chef. Live the view of the city and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast before V.A.G.IrememberCaliforniaDined on 8/31/2014We started our day at the Roof and had an outstanding breakfast. It was convenient for us as we were going to the Vancouver Art Gallery across the street afterwards. The service was excellent and the food very professionally presented and served. Flawless. Not my normal breakfast routine in Vancouver, but definitely worth a visit if you're looking for something excellent before seeing some great art.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappintedojaiDined on 8/30/2014There was no surprises. Everything is just average. I was very disappointed given it is the Fairmount.
- Wow!SamandDeanDined on 8/30/2014We had the best service. It was my sister's birthday and we went for breakfast. Everyone from the hostess to the server made us feel special. The chef made my sister a special birthday starter and it was delicious. He brought it out himself and after breakfast came back to our table to make sure everything was perfect. It was great. Our server was very friendly and we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- We won't be back...HNLGALDined on 8/28/2014And I t used to be so good. First you could tell that it was used exclusively for banquets now as the feel of the room is so sterile now. We went specifically for the memories of how wonderful it used to be when it was the Panorama Roof and to hear a favourite entertainer. Our 4th guest was running late so at first we didn't mind waiting, but! We waited amost an hour for a menu, 1.15 hrs for bread and when the food arrived, it was flavourful but cold. I had to ask for every single thing but the initial water. We saw many other tables come and go while we waited. What was supposed to be a special night on the town turned into the worst. Even the $18 valet lost my car! I was so very embarrassed. Shame on you Hotel Vancouver! Very $$$$ too!
- sooo amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014i love the ambience, the food, service, everything!Special Features:
- Disappointing ServiceaverydogDined on 8/26/2014We have relatives who come every year from overseas and we always have high tea at the Fairmont. This year I booked our reservation for 8 people for 12:30pm (as allowed on Open Table) 2 weeks in advance. At 8:00 pm the night before we received a call from the hotel saying that high tea is not available until 2:30. We had to call our guests at that hour to try and rearrange our plans. If high tea is not available at 12:30 - the option to book reservations at that time should not be available. Also, if a mistake has been made someone should have called during the two week period to advise. I have been going here for years and this was truely a disappointment. The service during high tea was very good.Special Features:
- Exceeds ExpectationsNanciDined on 8/24/2014Initially, when booking, I thought this "afternoon tea" was a bit pricey at $50.00. We were all so impressed with the service, the food, the old and beautiful sterling silver tea pots, fine china, silverware and spectacular view. I quickly realized this afternoon tea experience was worth every cent and the best I have experienced in Vancouver. I was so delighted to see the Roof at the hotel open again and beautifully renovated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING EXPERIENCEwe4luvtoeatoutDined on 8/22/2014Impecable service with excellent cuisine ,great presentation ,nice touch with live musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014Always outstanding food, service and atmosphere! My favorite place.Special Features:
- FouroclockteaDined on 8/19/2014Nous sommes allé pour le thé de l'après midi et nous avons adoré. L'ambiance est très agréable et le personnel est très avenant. Nous avons adoré notre expérience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my experienceAlexCanuckDined on 8/17/2014it was great to chiose the roof. great experience, great service, great food. like heaven. my fiance, ( before girlfriend, cause dinner was start to mine proposal night ) she was amazed from this place. i got 10/10 from her for dinner . lol. thank you. im pretty sure, me and my fiance, we found one of our favorite place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billDined on 8/16/2014outstanding food , service, ambiance !! fitting for the Hotel Vancouver traditionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely birthday celebrationJupiteringDined on 8/16/2014We went to The Roof for my mother's birthday, and I couldn't have picked a better location. Food was wonderful and the staff was fantastic. Will visit again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Shrimp cocktail and onion soup very well received. Butter chicken was awesome and the three prime rib sandwiches were filled (I mean filled) with meat ordered to our liking....medium rare exactly. Absolutely no room to try out any desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- afternoon teaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014afternoon tea was delicious and memorable. service was top notch!Special Features:
- Afternoon teaTeatimeDined on 8/14/2014Great experience. The variety of food on the tray was good. We were not hurried and waitress was attentive.Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Don't go there. Everything is outdated. Online menu not updated to what can be provided.
- Great Afternoon TeadisappointeddinerDined on 8/9/2014Took my Mom here for her birthday and it was terrific. A bit pricey for tea but the food and the wonderful service made up for it. I had notified the restaurant that it was her birthday and when we were greeted upon arrival the staff wished her a happy birthday which was very nice, they also brought a lovely piece of chocolate cake over which was unexpected and very nice. Will definitely be coming back here for the afternoon tea again very soon and would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.