The Roof at Hotel Vancouver
900 West Georgia St
Vancouver, BC V6C 2W6Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Roof at Hotel Vancouver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fairmont.com/hotelvancouver/GuestServices/Restaurants/TeaattheCastle.htm
- Phone: (604) 662-1900
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Buffet (Mon to Fri): 06:30 to 10:30
Breakfast Buffet (Sat & Sun): 07:00 to 10:30
Breakfast A La Carte (Daily): Opening to 11:30
Lunch A La Carte (Daily): 11:30 to 14:30
Dinner A La Carte (Daily): 17:30 to 21:30
Afternoon Tea (Mon to Fri): 14:30 to 16:00
Afternoon Tea (Sat & Sun): 13:00 to 16:00
Bar Bites (Daily): 11:30 to 23:00
Bar Beverage Service (Sun to Thu): 11:30 to 24:00
Bar Beverage Service (Fri & Sat): 11:30 to 01:00
Live Entertainment – featured Thursday to Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Afternoon Tea, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cameron Ballendine
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment – featured Thursday to Saturday
A word from The Roof at Hotel Vancouver
Simple + Fresh + Classic … located at the heart of The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, its dramatic setting with lofted ceilings, glass art sconces and high arched windows place each diner at the center of the city’s favourite gathering place. Chef Cameron Ballendine and his brigade have created new a menu that brings the freshness of the fields, mountains, and waters to the plate. Food that is uncomplicated and understandable with attentive service … serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and afternoon tea daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Roof at Hotel Vancouver reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (76)special occasion (72)romantic (45)great for lunch (39)great for brunch (29)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (12)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- food is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/26/2014loved the service! city lights, no interruptions, Sad to see it goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Great service in a warm engaging atmosphere. Breakfast buffet was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all roundOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/18/2014We had the Prime Rib and half chicken, which was excellent, as was the French Onion soup and mussels for the appetizer. Awesome service, great view, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No options for VegansLuv2bVeganDined on 11/18/2014Most high end Restaurants offer some option for Vegans and Vegetarians......so it was hard for me to order. All veggies and potatoes were rolling in butter. Anyway.....the Ambiance and Service were wonderful......I just think nowadays not everyone is eating animals but still appreciate fine high end dining.......so there needs to be options.Special Features:
- YeltsilewetDined on 11/16/2014Excellent service and ambiance. We really enjoyed the selection of foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful live music, attentive hosts, but ...anonymousVIPDined on 11/15/2014Hosts at the front are lovely, groomed with the culture of the Delta, working to accommodate every need and special request, making it a point to get to know the client's preferences. In our experience of several occasions, the table service does not equal that - but for Wayne - with less-than-attentive service: errors in orders, inappropriate waits for the bill, table not cleared, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Touch For a Special DayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/13/2014Thanks to The Roof for adding a special touch to our engagement dinner. The service was amazing and the staff brought a lovely dessert plate and champagne. Every time we've been to The Roof has offered a seamless, top-notch experience. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceAmandaDined on 11/13/2014Right away I was impressed, the staff was very friendly and very considerate. They even offered a window side table with an incredible view! The view really made the experience, watching the sun reflect off the buildings as it began to set in the west. And when the sun was a bit too bright bouncing off the glass buildings they offered to pull the blinds down before we even thought to ask. The food was excellent and my friend was thoroughly impressed with the quality, which was exactly what I wanted; the day was about treating her to something exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014Awful - completely devoid of any ambiance. Food so so. No one other than a hotel guest is going to eat here.
- special treatmeantawayfromhomeDined on 11/2/2014We went for Sunday afternoon tea. One of our party had special food needs and they were very attentive and provided an attractive and palatable alternative. Our tea was delicious. I do miss having it in the lobby, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Looks like they took a big ballroom and made it into a restaurant during renovations. Wait, that's what they did! Don't go while the hotel is under construction! Not worth it!
- Lovely atmosphereDelightfulDinerDined on 11/1/2014Sorry that this 15th floor dining gem is closing, but looking forward to checking out the new venue on the main floor.Special Features:
- bob1Dined on 10/31/2014Loved the ellegant charm of this ironic landmark Great food,service and quiet so one can have a conversation while enjoying the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014An excellent lunch in a quiet atmosphere with nice spacing of the tables and great views. It was very nice to see some of the regular staff again.Special Features:
- Romantic, Special, DeliciousTheexperienceDined on 10/27/2014We had a very wonderful time at this resturaunt. The experience was top notch from the food, drinks, and service. We would highly recommend this resturaunt for any special occasion or just to have wonderful food and drinks. My wife had the Ahi, it was amazing and I had the 12oz signature prime rib. I can't remember the last time I had such a great steak! Ryan,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon Tea with MumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014This was a perfect setting to take my 75 year old mother for her special birthday gift. Food and service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everthing was perfect, thank youAnnieDined on 10/25/2014We were a party of 6 and everyone's meal was perfect and we asked for alot of - can you do this and can you do that - and every request was done and done well, excellent service as well as food. Ahi Tuna was perfectly cooked Rare, along with great side dishes. Three people had steak, done differently and everyone's was perfect and was served with 4 side sauces which everyone enjoyed. We even requested something not on the Menu and they were able to accommodate. Highly recommend it for a special occasion. Geat ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGomuiDined on 10/25/2014The Roof looks like a temporary area while 900 is on renovation. It basically is just a room with tables and chairs. Don't expect anything fancy. The server forgot out tea. It was afternoon tea... Scones were delicious as always tho :)Special Features:
- Blown AwayHard2PleaseDined on 10/24/2014We wanted to try The Roof before it closed down and the regular hotel restaurants opened back up. My wife's birthday provided the excuse we needed to make it happen. We expected a good experience (it is the Hotel Van, after all) but what we got was so much more. Our server was attentive without being overbearing (the result of being at the Hotel for 35 years I expect), the food was exceptional, the portions very generous and the ambiance was fantastic. Live jazz in the background and a tremendous view of the City. Way more value than we ever expected and a truly memorable evening. If you have been thinking about going to the Roof but just haven't gotten around to it yet, do yourself a favour and get down there before it is too late!Special Features:
- A place to talkLizCDined on 10/21/2014Such a pleasure to be in a restaurant where conversation can be heard. This is how restaurants used to be! It is a bit of a time warp but very gentile. A delightful complimentary desert plate to recognize the birthday being celebrated.Special Features:
- A perfect Birthday surpriseNomadRyderDined on 10/17/2014I used to work at the Hotel when it was owned by CP Hotels. It was nice to share some of my past places and events with my fiancé. I always bragged about how nice the hotel was to work at and the level of service we provided there. Tonight was no exception. Great service ( thank you Eros). Staff were interested that I worked there, a nice little birthday dessert for Karen and the meals were exceptional. Karen and I had a chance to dine at Gord Ramsey Steak in Las Vegas. The Roof easily out did them,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime rib the starFoodygoodyDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I were celebrating and decided to go to the roof to eat. I had the lobster bisque followed by the duck confit special while she had oysters and the prime rib. All the food was delicious but the 12oz prime rib was melt in your mouth. Overall a very nice nightSpecial Features:
- My pleasureAgram80Dined on 10/17/2014I have taken friends to a lunch at The Roof twice in the last two weeks. Guess that it says it all regarding the experience, doesn't it?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VanceJojieDined on 10/12/2014it was a wonderful experienced. Me and my wife really love the healthy foods we order. She also enjoyed the Mango colada cocktail which she says " its a heavenly drink" lol. I thought our bills will be a lot but it was actually reasonable. We will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Lunch at The RoofchoosyeaterDined on 10/10/2014We made our reservations for 11.30, so it was quiet and not too busy. It became busier about an hour later, but we had a table with a view and the food was good and it was quiet enough to have a conversation without loud music or too much noise. I would recommend this spot to have a good lunch with a unique view...there are not too many places in Vancouver to give you a downtown panorama.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularbobsanVIPDined on 10/5/2014It is rare that a restaurant is superb and delivers an exceptional total experience. Tonight we had one. The test of true greatness is when something goes wrong and all departments pitch in to make everything spectacular. Our Kudos to a restaurant that Vancouver should be proud of. bobsanI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, wonderful serviceluveatingDined on 10/1/2014We went to The Roof to celebrate our birthdays. What a wonderful place to do this. I thought that there would be more of a view being so high up...15 floors..but you still get the in the clouds feel. The food was superb and the service quick. It has a nice european ambiance. Quietly chic. We used to go to the 900 West years ago and never returned after they closed. Now that we have tried out The Roof we shall, most definitely, be back. The service was excellent, the wine delicious and the food superb. Good selection and reasonable pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old timer restaurantote2Dined on 9/30/2014Just like years ago with good hotel restaurants the Roof is quiet.There is white table cloth unlike some of the other restaurant( like the one across the street). The service is excellent our server knows the food he is serving us. The food is not exceptional but the price is reasonable. I was aware by mid- Nov. the restaurant will move back to the ground floor. There won't be any white table cloth and likely the tables will be cramped close to each other and of course noisy.The passing of an era.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast BuffetKenHDined on 9/28/2014The breakfast buffet offered a variety of breakfast items, one of them being eggs benedict, which is a favorite of mine. The chef even offered to cook me eggs benny with lox, but I preferred the traditional with ham. The egg yolks were cooked to perfection just the way I like them. I found the food to be good, but not outstanding. I tried the lox, which I usually enjoy, but could not eat it because it did not taste fresh and was very fishy tasting. The asparagus spears tasted slightly burned.Special Features:
- Strolling down memory laneFoodyVIPDined on 9/27/2014I think it's been 30 years since I was last at the Roof. The food was fine. Not spectacular but solid. The space was a little tired. The Hotel didn't really do much to update the décor but it was still so nice to have had the experience. I miss Dal Richards and his band!
- Highly recommendedabdanceDined on 9/26/2014We took our out of town visitors to a trip down memory lane as we used to dance at the panorama roof, many years ago. All of us enjoyed the experience very much, the service and food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as expected.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014The view was very nice. The service seemed weak compared to other good dining experiences I have had. The menu was weak as well as there was very little variety. I had the tuna... and the best part of my tuna dish were the mushrooms. Rather than seared, the tuna was cooked "grey" almost entirely through?! Dessert was nice, ambiance was nice, overall: disappointed.Special Features:
- BeautifulMomsnightoutVIPDined on 9/24/2014The view was gorgeous. Prime Rib was served traditional and filling, very good. Lobster Bisque was fantastic. A true find for a romantic date night.Special Features:
- Superb in every respectKenMDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant is a notable oldie that returned to its old location at the top of the Vancouver Hotel while they relocate their main restaurant. It is a magnificent location and it is in keeping with the Vancouver Hotel Excellence. Truly great in every respect. We hope to return before it closes again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DinnerGKXMILDined on 9/18/2014Nice ambience with beautiful live music. The food was excellent as well as the service. View of the city from the top floor is great. We had a wonderful dining experience and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romatic diningholeinone1Dined on 9/18/2014We loved our table. I had asked for a quiet table because of partial deafness and they accommodated us by giving the best table for us to be able to communicate with each other. The food and delivery was superb. It will be a shame for it to change location in the hotel, but when you do move consider having a few tables set aside for quiet conversations, both for special personal and business reasons. You will find that your dinning business will improve as the word gets out that your is the place to meet. Thank you for listening and we'll see you again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialFoodnmoreDined on 9/17/2014For a special occasion the Roof offers everything - ambiance, service, good food and presentation. Our party enquired about returning for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulDinerDined on 9/14/2014Enjoyed lunch here, as always. Great food and stunning views.Special Features:
- A memory lane reviewgr8occasionsDined on 9/10/2014In the fifties The Roof was the chic place to go on special occasions - and if you were still in college, very very special occasions! And when the bill came the girls went to powder their noses and the guys hoped they had enough cash in their wallets to be able to include a tip! We enjoyed our trip down memory lane - minus Dal Richards and Lorraine who were really a part of The Roof in the 50's and 60's. The service was impeccable, the staff friendly but not intrusive; the meal was well presented; and overall a pleasant ambieance. And oh yes, whiskey sours may be out of fashion but the bartender actually knew how to mix one! Thanks.Special Features:
- ImpressivefoodempressDined on 9/4/2014When I read the menu, the idea of paying $11 for a bowl of soup made my stomach turn. It was an absolutely divine French onion soup though, and after trying it, my mind is already on going back to have it again! I had Foraged Mushrooms on Toast with a poached egg on top. It was delicious. I was really very impressed with the food.Special Features: