The Riverside Grille House & Veranda
10 W. Dodecanese Blvd
Tarpon Springs, FL 34689Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Riverside Grille House & Veranda
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.riversidegrillehouse.com/
- Phone: 7279372000
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday:11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Greek
- Executive Chef: Mark Thomas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private interior dining space that will accommodate up to 35 people. Larger event space available.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Laine 7279372000
- Entertainment: We have live music under the stars on the Veranda on Friday and Saturday nights from 7p-11p. Look for the Grand Opening of our new Nightclub coming soon! Check our entertainment schedule for our upcoming Dinner Shows!
A word from The Riverside Grille House & Veranda
Located where the world-famous Pappas Restaurant used to be on the sponge docks, this establishment has been a landmark in historic Tarpon Springs for the past 36 years, providing the community with an elegant, sophisticated, fun place to enjoy great company and phenomenal food. This is exactly what Riverside Grille House Veranda continues to do, giving the neighborhood the same beautiful atmosphere and delicious food we have grown to know and love over the decades. Our Veranda- the only waterfront rooftop restaurant offering inside and outside dining in Tarpon Springs, also enjoy our cozy sitting area around our popular Fire Pit Fountain....second to none!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Riverside Grille House & Veranda reviews from OpenTable diners
- DinnerOutlawRacersDined on 7/27/2013The table was amazing, the food was good as was the service. The over all look of the restaurant seemed somewhat dated. Our waiter was sweating like crazy and wiping down with a towel. This seemed to turn the people in our group off.Special Features:
- Tourist Point of ViewFiddlestyxDined on 7/14/2013Great View! Nice staff! Food was excellent and plentiful. Pricing was good. I would enjoy a return visit!Special Features:
- Rosemary bread!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2013The chef here makes the best rosemary bread I have ever had. The chef usually comes out to your table to introduce himself which makes the dining experience very personable. Food is excellent and they usually have specials once a week. The chef is amazing .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with ambianceFoodieDined on 6/15/2013The place is easy to locate in beautiful settings. The food suggested was good.Special Features:
- Don't waste your time...AvidDinerDined on 6/2/2013This was the worst dining experience my wife and I have had since using Open Table 4 years ago. The service was mediocre at best, but the young lady was pleasant. We were eating at sunset and the sun was beaming in the place. No shades for comfort. The food was slow. The vegetable they served (broccoli and carrots) was something out of the publix freezer and was definitely not a name brand. They through some butter on it and loaded with garlic. We couldn't even eat it. The fish was mushy and the chicken rubbery. The bread was good and so was the salad dressing. Seriously. We eat out often and we have not had such a bad dining experience in years. You have been advised.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchGailBDined on 5/12/2013This was our first visit to Riverside Grill & certainly won't be out last! The view of the water was so romantic.The quality & variety of food was excellent. We loved the fresh turkey & carved roast beef. We enjoyed the included mimosa. Our waiter was so attentive but never intrusive. Looking forward to trying the rooftop dining and dinner shows in the future! Would definitely take out of town guests here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceWillieDined on 5/10/2013Linsey was our server. She did an excellent job and was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special eveningAPASDined on 5/4/2013Had a great time. Food and service was great. The entertainment, the SPF 40 group played music that was one of the best we have listen and danced to in while. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration ~AngNapDined on 5/3/2013We were a large party of 20 - (I had made a reservation originally for 16, however more family members showed up unexpectedly for my mom's birthday celebration). At first, the hostess was rude, telling me "Sorry, you made a reservation for 16!" - when I had asked for an extra table. I told her, if she can't accommodate 'all' of us, I'm sure another restaurant (in Tarpon) would! After that initial confrontation - the rest of the evening was perfect. Mikey was our waiter, and he was both friendly, efficient, and attentive - just awesome! The food was fabulous, not to mention the view and ambience. The band was both entertaining and interacted with my family and mother (for her birthday). The night was just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the view and the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Enjoyed the view and the restaurant is beautiful. The outdoor veranda is gorgeous with fire pits, full bar and live bands. Great for adults and weekends. Food was delicious, the spinach dip was great and I loved the pita triangles that came with it. My server was Tony who was very nice and quick to refill drinks and answer all the questions we had. The kitchen staff was nice enough to add spinach to the alfredo pasta with no extra charge.Special Features:
- scenic view,very nice mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/9/2013We had a very nice time. We ate on a rooftop verrandah overlooking the water which was lovely. The food was very good and we each enjoyed our meals. The service was excellent. We look forward to returning, perhaps for a later meal so that we may enjoy the sunsetSpecial Features:
- As I have eaten at the RiversideOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013As I have eaten at the Riverside Grill before, I thought it would be a great place to take my parents while they were visiting from up north along with my future in-laws. The staff could not have been more accomodating-we asked to sit outside, but my father was cold, so they moved us in. Our server Jill was quite busy with us as well as her tables outside, but still gave great service. The problem was the food-my father and I had chicken with rice-the rice was way under done-my dad couldn't eat it, my fiance's steak was way over done-I had asked for both of them to send their food back, but they refused-as we know this was not Jill's fault, we didn't get upset. Overall, we had a good time.Special Features:
- When I pay $21.00 for GrouperOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013When I pay $21.00 for Grouper I expect to get some. I got the smallest piece ever!!!!! Seriously please give people what they pay for. I have had Grouper sandwiches that where far bigger then this. I may come back but will never order Grouper here again.Special Features:
- The VerandaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/1/2013The ambience and reputation of this restaurant have been commendable over the years. We actually did not dine at the restaurant this time but had drinks @ The Veranda upstairs. Very scenic & a good spot to take out of town guests.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed our EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013I really enjoyed our Easter Brunch at the Riverside Grille. This is our second Easter Brunch and will probably be there again next year. Our only complaint was that our waitress responsible for filling our drinks was never around. I noticed the other servers were friendly and attentitive to their tables, but ours just must have been having a bad day. Even when we asked for water, (3 of us wanted water) she only brought one to the table and seemed annoyed when we said we needed two more. Overall, we loved our Brunch and will be returning next year.Special Features:
- Overall eveerything was fine.JohnBVIPDined on 3/2/2013Overall eveerything was fine. The martinis and on-the-rocks drinks were good but tiny. On the other hand the vodka "pitcher" drinks were huge....but thankfully quite weak. The food was great except for the prime rib (certainly not "prime") which was cooked perfectly but tough as shoe leather. I took my left overs and pounded it to death at home and still it remained tough....old cow????? Will go back....want to try the bar on the first floor.
- We were seated by the windowOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013We were seated by the window with two views and were delighted to watch an Osprey bring a fish to its partner. The Bloody Mary table was unusual and delightful!Special Features:
- YOUR BARMAIDS SHOUD DRESSOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/19/2013YOUR BARMAIDS SHOUD DRESS A LITTLE MORE UPSCAL THEN JEANES OR SHORTS BLACK SLACKS AND WHITE BLOUSE OR SHIRT WOULD BRING YOUR VERRANDA A BIT MORE CLASSY, I WAS TURNED OFF BY THE WAY THE BAR MAIDS WERE DRESSED. THANK YOUSpecial Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)anniversaryspecialDined on 2/16/2013We had hoped to sit on the veranda but it was too windy and chilly. The hostess seated us near the window, gave us a choice, and pointed out why she chose that table for us. The service was great, attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- A great first Valentine's Day!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I was looking for a place to make Valentine's Day special for my girlfriend as it was our first together. Riverside made this happen for us. The service was outstanding, the food was really good, I had Lobster Tail and my girlfriend had Filet. Got plenty to eat as we had to take dessert home with us and eat later. Everyone on the restaurant was friendly and nice, even people that were waiting on tables near us and not actually us. The entertainment was appropriate for the occasion. The musician played love songs and slow romantic music all night. Definitely a night we will always remember.Special Features:
- Was an excellent dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Was an excellent dinner with the best service. So happy to have such a wonderful place to experience a night out. Music nice and sound and dancing. Made clients fell so special. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Our visit to The RiversideOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/21/2013Our visit to The Riverside Grill was wonderful. The atmosphire was comfortable, service was just right. The food was outstanding, I highly reccomend the Coconut Almond crusted Grouper. We visit again, and take visitors as well. price was reasonable you did get your monies worth.Special Features:
- dining outside on th diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/15/2013dining outside on th dining outside on the veranda in th in the evening a a group of 5 of us we're there for happy hour and dinner and food was als and food was also quite goodSpecial Features:
- The service was bad and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013The service was bad and the food was terrible!! We have been there several times and loved it so we brought our out of state guests and it was a big disappointment needless to say we will never be back.Special Features:
- I hope with new managementOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013I hope with new management the service will inprove. Not a very busy evening and no one knows how to pre bus a table, check back with the customers,Food was very tastey.Special Features:
- We typically dine here inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012We typically dine here in the summer as we LOVE the outdoor setting with the bar and water view. Our last trip was not as good as we had to dine inside as the outdoor area was closed I'm assuming due to lack of volume as there were only 2 tables in the entire restaurant. The food is always great, although the clam chowder is not very good, but I would strongly recommend the carpet be replaced as well as the outdated table and chairs for your indoor dining patrons. Also it would have been great to go by the firepit and enjoy a drink as I had my family in for the holidays and thought that would have been a nice setting. Service was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Utterly Brutal. No stuffing,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Utterly Brutal. No stuffing, no veggies, everything was old (we had a 6pm reservation), will never come again
- The veranda is the best thingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012The veranda is the best thing about this restaurant. I can say I experienced the riverside but I am afraid I will not return for food. I may partake in a beverage and the rooftop atmosphere with entertainment.
- Food not so good.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2012The food at thanksgiving was bad. Suggest that you go for a burger or drink at sunset.
- A New Tradition!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012I never thought I'd have Thanksgiving at a restaurant! I'm descended from several Mayflower Pilgrims, and I'm way too traditional when it comes to celebrating Thanksgiving! But my husband and I would be be eating alone, so we chose to go to Riverside. It was our best Thanksgiving ever!We enjoyed delicious, traditional Thanksgiving fare atop the roof, in perfect weather with a peaceful river view! Our kind and thoughtful server completed our wonderful experience. Would I have Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant again? Only if it's at Riverside Grille--on the roof!Special Features:
- Modern vibe, old syle diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/13/2012Nice facility. Good rooms. Our party of 4 had good food: oysters, calimari, escargot, chilean sea bass, lobster ravioli, salmon, scallops & shrimp. It was all well prepared and well presented. Our waitress was overworked. In our dining area there were 30 people with 1 waitress and (I assume) 1 junior waitress. They were trying very hard and were very pleasant, but this is too big a crowd for 2 waitstaff to cover. Service was sometimes a little slow. Imagine taking orders for 30 appetizers, 30 salads, 30 entrees, and having all that delivered by 2 servers. Out on the Veranda (loud music, dozens of people having drinks) there were several waitstaff hanging around with not a lot to do.Special Features:
- I will never go back. ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012I will never go back. There were too many very young people running the restaurant in short shorts and the food was cold and mediocre at best. Very noisy.Special Features: