The Riverhead Project
300 East Main Street
Riverhead, NY 11901Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Riverhead Project
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theriverheadproject.com/
- Phone: 6312849300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm (Bar menu available later); Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call for information.
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room and adjoining Vault Bar are available for groups, rehearsal dinners and conferences of up to 28 people. Internet, phone, and data connectivity is included for all business needs. Cocktail events for up to 40 people can also be accommodated.
- Private Party Contact: Keith Kraus 6312849300
- Entertainment: Dennis' Fashion Sense.
- Special Events: Please email email@example.com or call for information.
A word from The Riverhead Project
Located in the District Neighborhood, The Riverhead Project offers American food with ethnic influences in a contemporary setting. TRP is open for lunch, Sunday brunch, and dinner daily, while offering smaller plates in the Lounge & Bar. During warmer months, the patio is open for outdoor dining and casual seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Riverhead Project reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)special occasion (31)neighborhood gem (31)romantic (21)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (13)hot spot (12)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (6)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Apparently it's closedKarenVIPDined on 9/13/2014We arrived for our reservation to find that the restaurant was closed. It would have great if Riverhead project had notified us prior to our trip. Obviously Opentable knows nothing about this closing. Most inconvenient!!!!!
- RDEJRDined on 9/12/2014Place is closed. Closed over a week ago yet we still got reservation confirmation thurs night for fri dinner.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Made a reservation using your service. Showed up at restaurant to find restaurant closed.
- I dont know what happened?rtspgl12Dined on 9/9/2014I wanted to treat a friend, who is a real foodie, to dinner for a special occasion. Although I didn't think it was entirely necessary for the night we were going to attend, I did make a reservation through Open Table. I received confirmation From tRP several days before. We arrived, found the parking lot empty, and a note on the door indicating the restaurant was closed. Something fairly serious must have happened, but I never received a call from the restaurant to cancel/explain. I have been here before, and have had a very good experience. We were disappointed to be left standing in a parking lot, considering our options at the last minute. I cannot accurately complete the ratings above, as we never made it inside the building!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a shock!PearlStreetDined on 9/6/2014It was my first time using Open Table. We were very excited and had plans to meet friends there. ( we all drove distances to get there). Unfortunately for us, when we arrived, there was a note telling us that they were closed for tax reasons. Just like that! Open table.....I was stunned that you would not have notified us about this and allowed the reservation to confirm. We were not the only disappointed diners! Please have your customer service department contact me.
- nonoVIPDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant was closed! What's more Open Table didn't allow me to make an alternative reservation!
- Big DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/4/2014We have been to TRP several times in the past and enjoyed the food and service. On this recent visit, Thursday, September 4, the food was totally off. The beet salad was overly plied with vinegar and the entrees were just, simply terrible. The entrees were stripped bass and duck breast.
- Riverheadtntusa4014Dined on 9/1/2014Good very nice place but very quite on the night service was very rushed we were done in 58 mins we wanted to enjoy the evening as we are on holidays The service orders overlap and u end up with cocktail unfinished wine an appetizer on the table within 5 minutes of ordering to fast for us we are from AustraliaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stanleybrowntVIPDined on 8/31/2014Within the blocky and rather ugly former bank building is an attractive and sophisticated room. There is also a small, attractive, area to eat outside in good weather. The new chef, Arielle Ferrara, is off to a very good start: We enjoyed delicious curry-flavored mussels, very good striped bass, and a truly amazing tandoori chicken. A number of items remain from menus of previous chefs, notably the "chocolate mess." The service is attentive and friendly, and Dennis McDermott is as ever a charming host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't Deliver on Their Promise....fredDined on 8/30/2014TRP didn't live up to it's promise. It wasn't bad, but it's over hyped. Our table was ready upon our arrival, but the server was a bit pushy with trying to take our beverage and food orders. There is a line between attentive and pushing, and we felt a little rushed. Their specialty cocktails were very well done, but the guacamole had too much lemon - likely used as a preservative to accommodate an earlier preparation. As for the entrees; the ahi tuna was cooked appropriately, but the steak entree was cooked beyond the requested medium rare - more medium, and the meat flavor was masked by the Caesar butter. The deserts were spot on and the coffee tasty, although there was no decaf espresso.
- RiverheadDestinationVIPDined on 8/28/2014tRP has introduced a more moderately priced lunch menu. Smaller portions with all the flavour and style and wonderful presentation of dinner. Now tRP can be a destination for a leisurely lunch, not just a special dinner. Recommended any time of day.Special Features:
- perfectCLokDined on 8/22/2014I never write review, but this was so good I have to. My wife and I came out the the Hamptons on Friday and decided to go out for dinner and did not want to wait like we always do for a table somewhere so I checked out Open Table at the last minute and found TRP. I read the reviews and although it was a bit of a ride we decided to try it. About the reviews; they always make me laugh. It is not kid friendly; leave them home and enjoy an adult night out. The portions were fine size (this is not Burger King) and delicious. My wife and I shared our meals. We had oysters - great, crab cakes - delicious for appetizers and duck and scallops for the main meal. The help staff was very attentive and we will go back. (My wife loved her Cosmo.)Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experience.ItalianfoodieDined on 8/20/2014The food was beautifully presented and tasted wonderful. My trout was perfectly prepared. We particularly enjoyed a delicious desert appropriately called "Chocolate Mess". The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great find in RiverheadJHM1VIPDined on 8/16/2014When you first enter TRP you could mistake it for a Manhattan restaurant as it has an urban chic décor. However, the food (and the prices) also reflect what would be an excellent dinner in Manhattan or Riverhead. We had the pork tenderloin which was excellent, and there is a fine wine/cocktail menu as well. A few tables for two are a bit close together, but otherwise you should not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceStevebDined on 8/14/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at TRP . The staff were all very nice and attentive. The food was well prepared and nicely seasoned. We'll definitely be back and highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Delicious!HalfpintnyDined on 8/13/2014We went to The Riverhead Project because I had a Gift Card and it was my wedding anniversary. I work for a law office around the corner and many attorneys go for lunch. My husband and I were very impressed with our dinners. In fact my husband is still raving about how good his bass was! My scallops were cooked perfectly and were delicious. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- alyleeDined on 8/13/2014We went for lunch during the week, restaurant was on the empty side so we hoped the owner who was there would stop by our table to check in. They offer free popcorn at that table when you are seated. It was way over salted. So were the fries that came with my meal, I asked for a new order. Overall we had higher expectations and probably wouldn't make the trip again.Special Features:
- Still wonderfuljp13Dined on 8/9/2014We've loved this restaurant from the beginning, it's worth a 45 minute drive for us. We're happy that the new chef is maintaining the high level of quality and inventiveness that we came to expect from TRP.Special Features:
- lbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014no review today.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diner for oneMBDPDined on 8/5/2014They made me feel at home even though I dined alone early in the evening. Romaine salald with beets was really nice and so was the bass!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014Good food friendly staff. Just wish servers with long hair kept it up comfortably so they are not constantly swinging their head/hair to get it out of their eyes. Not a big deal just a little distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NANALEENDined on 8/3/2014Chicken was horrible. Rice and beans on plate were burned. Striped bass dry and unseasoned. Even worse was the fact that waitress never asked how everything was even after she saw plates barely touched. Only one to suggest we should have ordered steak or fried olives was the bus boy while clearing the plates. Explains why there were only two tables filled at 6 P.M. on a Sunday.Special Features:
- Exceptional Food & ServiceDandyAndyDined on 8/2/2014The food here is amazing. The fried olives are addicting, so is the Lobster Mac n Cheese. Leave room for dessert, which is hard to do. Apple-berry crisp and rice pudding make you wish you could order seconds. Service here is outstanding. Choice of background music was a bit odd- a mix of electronic/industrial/new age-maybe because it was a Saturday night. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 of 5edram01Dined on 8/2/2014Very good food, the staff was very pleased around and lastly the place was very clean in its entirety. Congratulations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TRPGiovanniPescatoreDined on 7/26/2014Great experience, as usual! Drinks were perfect, food was excellent, service was professional and the way it should be, personal, at reach, and not over bearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Unexpected hidden gem TRPBalancedDined on 7/25/2014What an unexpected beauty in old town Riverhead. Simply great decor, great food and great service. We will be back many times for sure.Special Features:
- Absolutely deliciousDBethVIPDined on 7/21/2014Lovely restaurant with inventive, imaginative and delicious food. Service was excellent. I'd highly suggest if you're in the area.Special Features:
- Great ootential...but size matters!JakeDined on 7/19/2014To be fair, the quality & service were very good & the decor modern and tasteful. Really liked the cocktails, crab cake & buffalo mozzarella appetizers, all plentiful and delicious. Also, my "rack" of lamb 2 pieces), while not large, was delicious and filling. BUT (size matters), my wife's entree, Lobster Risotto, was shockingly small, a saucer size portion, 1/8 inch in depth. While a small portion of lobster can be expected, this was beyond small. Clearly, adjacent tables were similiarly diappointed. The take away: RESIZE the Risotto portion and if not cost effective charge more $$’s. Don't serve a tiny portion that leaves you stunned and hungry...a real turn off to what otherwise had the potential for a pleasant dining experience.
- Great service, tiny portionsnanimarVIPDined on 7/19/2014I've been to Riverhead Project since they opened. It's a beautiful restaurant with outstanding service. The general manager is a gem. My girlfriends and I decided to order an appertizer each and share to main dishes. Steak and the fried chicken (a favorite in the past). We asked how many pieces of chicken their were and were told 3. We said perfect! Well, the pieces were so tiny. It was as if the chicken was cut in 16th's (rather than 8ths). The steak portion was okay. My husband split lamb chops and fried chicken with his friend. If we thought the chicken portion was small, it was HUGE compared to the lamb chops. It seemed that he got the chops but no lamb. Literally, 2 bites and gone. I really don't remember the portions being so tiny.Special Features:
- First time hereWoodmomVIPDined on 7/17/2014Came mid week and had prix fixe menu. Food was good but not memorable. Nice to see a good restaurant in downtown Riverhead.Special Features:
- stanleybrowntVIPDined on 7/6/2014Within the blocky and rather ugly former bank building is an attractive and sophisticated room. There is also a small, attractive, area to eat outside in good weather. The new chef, Arielle Ferrara, is off to a very good start: We enjoyed delicious curry-flavored mussels, very good striped bass, and a truly amazing tandoori chicken. A number of items remain from menus of previous chefs, notably the "chocolate mess." The service is attentive and friendly, and Dennis McDermott is as ever a charming hostSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, fun vibeTYSFVIPDined on 7/6/2014The Riverhead Project has been a winner since they opened. Neat renovated bank that works. Food is delicious, the service is gracious and spot on. Dinner is always a hit, brunch amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TRP ExperienceRiverheadLocalDined on 7/6/2014The service was excellent, the staff really went out of their way to accommodate us and ensure our visit met our expectations. The food was very good. However, the cost is quite a bit pricey, much higher than anticipated. Those prices may work during the tourist summer season but once the weather turns colder and tourists go home, I don't see locals frequenting this restaurant too often. Great place for a special occasion if you want to splurge but unless you are quite wealthy, even happy hour would be too expensive here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GooD food, Nice ambienceFloridaed1VIPDined on 7/5/2014Very nice meal, good service and a moderate pricepoint (for a restaurant of this quality). We would de4finitely go back.Special Features:
- Very nice and very goodLCsreviewDined on 7/4/2014Great food. Nice bar. Would go again when in river head. Try it out you will like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RiverheadDestinationVIPDined on 6/29/2014Wonderful food - as always. Well worth a visit. Recommended
- still greatjp13Dined on 6/28/2014The Riverhead Project has a new chef since the last time we were here; we were hoping that it was as good as we remembered, and we were gratified to find that it is. The food, service and ambience make it worth a 45 minute drive for us. this is one of the top restaurants on Long Island.Special Features:
- Good food, good atmosphereAramVIPDined on 6/28/2014Although the portions are a bit smaller than I would like TRP does a fantastic job with everyday ingredients to create a magical dish. I was truly surprised with both of my dishes.Special Features:
- BULLDOG1147BULLDOGDined on 6/27/2014ENJOYED THE RIVERHEAD PROJECT. I DIDN'T GET MY SIDE DISH WITH MY FOOD. HOWEVER, THE RACK OF LAMB WAS OUTSTANDING.Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Went for an early lunch on a Friday. Took our time were not rushed. Shrimp tostadas delicious. They gave us a wine tasting before we ordered our glasses to be sure we liked it. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.