The River Oyster Bar
650 S. Miami Ave.
Miami, FL 33130Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The River Oyster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.therivermiami.com/
- Phone: 3055301915
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - 6:00pm - 12:00am; Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am Sunday: 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Bracha
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private, 20 people maximum
- Private Party Contact: Christelle Collongette 3055301915
A word from The River Oyster Bar
David Bracha, Executive Chef and partner of The River, has been pleasing palates across South Florida for more than 15 years. Bold New American Cuisine inspired by native flavors, the comfort of an oversized mahogany bar and remember your name" service provides an alternative for low-key business lunches, power happy hours, relaxing dinners or late night bites. The River Oyster Bar is the perfect destination to meet or be met.Continued
Join us for our Happy Hour Monday - Sunday 4:30pm -7:00pm for Half Price Oysters and Nightly Drink Specials!
Join us for our Happy Hour Monday - Sunday 4:30pm -7:00pm for Half Price Oysters and Nightly Drink Specials!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The River Oyster Bar - Best Restaurants in Miami ›
The River Oyster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)neighborhood gem (28)vibrant bar scene (25)special occasion (19)hot spot (16)notable wine list (14)romantic (14)good for groups (12)great for lunch (9)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- The River? The Bomb.DamianDDined on 8/23/2014Try to get out to River Oyster once a month or so. With all the choices in SoFL, it's that good. Took some friends for their first time and it was amazing again. Had to have the fire roasted oysters (2 orders), tried the scallop tiradito, the mushroom flatbread, and a dozen Kumamoto oysters. There was king salmon, whole snapper, and crab gnocchi for entrees. Every dish was so flavorful and handled by skilled hands. Even the scallop tiradito that I thought might be boring was dressed so beautifully that held its own against the fire oysters. Only the flatbread was not memorable, though kinda like Kylie Kenner vs her sister Kim Kardashian, very nice but difficult comparison against the other dishes. Oh, and try the Lolita cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great happy hour; nice dinnerbekrierVIPDined on 8/15/2014We got to the restaurant before 7 and saved on great wine and oysters thanks to happy hour specials. Meal was tasty. Would recommend - was less expensive than our normal date nights and a very enjoyable meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not fundifferentdrummerDined on 8/6/2014Five of us went for a birthday dinner during the week and the bar was so loud we couldn't hear ourselves at our table! When the wait staff happened to come to the table they were very attentive, but when we needed them, no one was around and no one paid attention to us. We ran out of butter for the bread while waiting for our food and it took 15 minutes to get someone's attention to bring more. The food was excellent when it finally came but the service was atrocious. They added on a 20% tip to the bill (which I would have left anyway) but our group figured that that was why the wait staff was so indifferent to us--they were getting their 20% no matter how bad the service was, so why try harder?Special Features:
- BMacVIPDined on 8/5/2014The restaurant delivered in every way possible. Efficient service, great food, nice atmosphere and easy to have a discussion during lunch hour without the noise level being out of control. Great for a buisiness lunch without feeling like you are in a business envrionment. In fact, there did not appear to be many "business types" (other than me) at this restaurant. My group really enjoyed all the food---salmon was delcious as were the fish tacos! We have already made plans to come back again.Special Features:
- love the place...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014We always enjoy eating here. The seafood is very good. We live more North and consider it a special occasion. it is certainly not the cheapest place but worth it once in a while. We were both a little disappointed that our second glass of wine was not given to us at happy hour price. Our waiter failed to remind us of the change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014we have never been disappointed. always wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal We Had In MiamiJRoseVIPDined on 7/27/2014Was in Miami for a weekend and went to some of the highly touted nationally know chefs, and they did not close to the superb dining experience we had at River. The food was fantastic -- creative, perfectly cooked and presented. The crab gnocchi was better than the reviews and their software shell crab gnocchi was better than the reviews. The ambience was warm and friendly -- packed with people who actually live in Miami and know where to go. I can't wait to go back next month when I am back in town.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place for Oyster Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014I went to The River Oyster Bar for Brunch and I would definitely go back, but maybe for only what I liked. About 50% of what was served was amazing. I had the fish and grits which a mouthwatering dish that I could eat over and over again. The Oysters I had were from the west coat with a creamy and buttery taste. Just how I like them. I also tried the Fire Roasted Oysters which were good, but not a wowing experience. Their Crab Benedict was lacking in flavor. The poached egg was over done and didn't have the runny yolk I love so much. The cocktails, Aperol Spreetz and Lolita, were given a good three shakes by the bartender and did not impress. I've had better similar combinations. This was my first time, but I'll try it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for SeafoodBigPatchDined on 7/24/2014The gnocchi blue crab is to die for!!!! Worth every calorie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!!!MichaelD53VIPDined on 7/24/2014A great restaurant for any occasion. Food and Service were amazing. Highly recommend for anybody looking for a excellent dining experience!!!Special Features:
- DisappointingRobertVIPDined on 7/24/2014Order whole snapper grilled, finished boning it and ended up with whole snapper burnt and dry, returned it with a request that the Chef( if they have one) taste it, Tried the soft shelled crab as an alternate, dry also, but not burned AT LEAST, WAITRESS WAS VERY NICE, and did what she could, but she couldn't cook the food, a shame probably.
- Fresh food, great service.AsoutulloDined on 7/19/2014I reserved dining at this restaurant to celebrate my one year anniversary with my fiancé. We were immediately seated once we arrived. The server was very prompt to take our order. The seafood dishes were all fresh and tasted delicious. We definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my fave!tinabDined on 7/7/2014river oyster has been one of favorite restuarants in mismi since it opened.. It's always my first choice.. The cobia sashimi is beyond yumm & the whole snapper is a treat, but I always save a little room for their fantastic desserts too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealCG2013VIPDined on 7/7/2014Dined with a client and we both thought it was excellent. Really fresh fish and oysters. The food all was well-prepared and delicious. Good service, too. We will go back. Make sure you go before 7 for 1/2 price oysters and happy hour specials!I would recommend this to a friend.
- romanticrestaurantcriticDined on 7/5/2014No matter the occasion it seemed all the patrons were celebrating something different and they all were having a great time. The food was amazing and they accommodated my evening while I delivered a marriage proposal. I used to live in Miami and to come back and experience this was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oysters Gallore!tinman1970VIPDined on 7/5/2014River Oyster Bar has become a monthly staple for us. We LOVE the atmosphere, and the food is even better… and if you have the chance, get there for happy hour and enjoy $5 wines and 1/2 off the oyster selection. And don't be afraid of the house wine… my wife and I enjoy their house cabernet sauvignon (Dante). It's great for the price. Also, this is a great place for those of you who want to eat organic. The beef selections are grass fed, as well as some of the other red meats. This time we also tried the panna cotta for dessert… DELICIOUS! You can't go wrong here at the River Oyster House in Brickell!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chris-patChrispatDined on 6/15/2014My husband and I dined twice here because we loved the bar energy, great food, and Sarah's and Nicole's outstanding service. We had the croquettes and cocktails for starters. Entrees included the branzino and pan sauteed grouper. Good wine and bar selection. Would have liked to have seen more salads or greens, although the asparagus was delightful. It was clear that there is no fun or vibe if one doesn't get a bar seat or high top for dining in the bar! The less than enthusiastic hostesses, tried to shove us in a small back table the second time and we made our seating preferences know. High attention in the kitchen and to service, as well as high quality ingredients. Thank you, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodddd155Dined on 6/5/2014We were in Miami for a wedding and wanted to find a restaurant within walking distance of our hotel. The restaurant doesn't have much curb appeal, and the surrounding area isn't terribly attractive, but do not be discouraged, because what really matters is inside. I can't say enough about how great the food was. My wife & I both had a fish entree, and we ordered the chard & kale side dish...appetizer of grilled octopus. Fantastic......all of it. Definitely worth it. Also, if you enjoy wine they had a nice selection (my wife had wine and said it was quite good). We were there on a Thursday night and arrived at the tail end of happy hour - it appeared to be a pretty popular spot. The noise level, however, was not intrusive.Special Features:
- River OysterJJS21Dined on 5/28/2014The food is excepcionally delicious, fresh and the service is very good, nice pick to go with your friends and a night out with your couple. Its a place to always go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLex91Dined on 5/28/2014We had a great dining experience overall! No complaints. The crab cakes were the #1 of the evening. The tuna tartar was lacking flavor, but the mussels were great, chocolate mousse cake was excellent, good wine list, recommend the fried calamari...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok100realDined on 5/18/2014I went for my birthday and I got oysters from New Zealand and crab cake, which was amazing, I got their coleslaw and it was nasty. My mom got the mahi mahi which was ok and Brussels sprouts that was nasty. The food is expensive for dinner I think you'll be better off at a family restaurant. Btw when I said it was my birthday they didn't do anything special. I would of like a free dessert or drink.Special Features:
- OYSTERS GALORE!!!Scotts1020Dined on 5/17/2014My partner and I had two of each of the Oysters offered the night we were there. We enjoyed comparing the flavors and thought they were high quality. An appetizer of soft shell crab was delicious. Entrees were good, but a bit pricey. I'll go back, overall a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 547 reviews are from the The River Oyster Bar reviews archive.
- Old downtownTuyoDined on 5/2/2014Love this place. Feels like you are back in an old black and white movie from the 50s! Hope it nerver changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but not greatDine4FunDined on 5/2/2014The table was in the bar area near the service area in the bar- noisy and jammed next to a hightop such that the server for that table hit my chair everytime he passed. In general the fish was the highlight although my date enjoyed his chicken. Main issues: Rib entree was tender but lacked any "Thai" flavor advertised on the menu. Snapper dish was well cooked but over priced considering it was served over simple sliced avocado and tomato. The side of kale and chard was gritty with sand.Special Features:
- Dont ask for "Large" Stone Crab (1)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014I told my friends this is one of my favorites Miami places! place with great caratcter and not a tourist trap! it sitill is one of my Fav! but not for stone cabs.. Oysters are the best and I suggest you stick asking for them! but not for Stone crab... Surprise 1 "large" stone crab $20 USD... too expensive considering you can them all around miami strating $5- $10 USD each! one Pound $30 USD average price fresh in the market. They were not even LARGE. We return them and ask for a Shrimp Cocktail ... 3 Shrimps?? ... JUST ASK for OYSTERS!Special Features:
- sirby2013VIPDined on 4/30/2014I selected this restaurant for dinner despite the reviews on service and the noise. Our reservations were for 6pm so we were among the first diners to arrive on a Thursday evening. There is a bit of construction in the area but not too difficult to find. The noise level did not get loud until around 8pm when we were ready to leave. I had the snapper filet grilled which was a too dry for my taste. My friend had the swordfish grilled and raved about it. All in all - it was a okay dining experience As for the service, our waiter did seem a bit indifferent but did offer recommendations when asked.Special Features:
- Great place , one of the bestPanchusVIPDined on 4/29/2014I love this restaurant, the cobia, the fired oysters, great desserts, excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!ThegoodlifeVIPDined on 4/24/2014We were in town on business and found this gem on Open Table. Fantastic oysters, great dishes and the toffee pudding cake dessert is a must-try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner that nightpilateballDined on 4/23/2014The food was delicious, but it was really noisy - a great after work bar, apparently. The wait staff didn't have great knowledge of the wine list, describing a wine a "good" - what does that mean? He then sent someone over, who apparently was a manager, but didn't identify herself, and she was a little more helpful. The waiter then became friendlier, and we had a good meal. It was our anniversary, but not someplace I'd go back to for a romantic meal - too loud, as stated above. But the food was creative. We tried several different appetizers & small plates; it was quite a great variety of flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good fish.TravellerDined on 4/12/2014Very good restaurant. Only negative is the extreme reverberation that makes communicatiogn difficult.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Had a great time! I went for my birthday and a group of 5 and the food was great and so was the service. My only recommendation is that the lighting was too dark. Also I thought it was awkward for the waiter to place a slice of cake and light the candle to walk away without saying happybirthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "Shell" of a Timetinman1970VIPDined on 4/3/2014WHAT A GREAT FIND! Although area construction made parking a challenge, they do have valet on Thursday thru Saturday and parking behind the building. At a glance from the outside, the restaurant doesn't look like much; however, once inside you see the crowd and a great bar. We started with oysters of course. The raw bar menu had a selection of 10 different oysters. We had the Blue Points, a sample from Rhode Island and another from British Colombia… all were fresh and delicious. Then we had the fire-roasted oysters, which were also delicious. For dinner, Florida stone crab and a ribeye… GREAT! To finish it all off, blackberry and pear crumble… another winner. This one's a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great city findRicksterDined on 4/2/2014Very good restaurant with great seafood. Nice presentation of dishes. Dessert was also very good. Decor was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimesfoodieVIPDined on 3/28/2014Really good food and overall good time - vibrant scene.Special Features:
- OysterholicMoonshinerDined on 3/27/2014We love seafood and especially raw bar items and wine. A bit pricey, but very good if you don't mind being 3 feet from neighboring tables. Still, we enjoyed it and would return when, hopefully the surrounding construction and street closures subside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tTHE SERVICE WAS POOR. WATEROpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/18/2014tTHE SERVICE WAS POOR. WATER GLASSES WERE NOT REFILLED. THE WAITER AND BUS BOY WERE INDIFFRERENT. I BROUGHT SPECIAL GUESTS FROM OUT OF TOWN AND MY WIFE AND I WERE EMBARASSED BY THE DELAY AND SERVICE. THIIS WAS THE FIRST BAD EXPERIENCE AT THIS RESTAURANT
- What a treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2014Great food, ambiance, service and this place is in walking distance Good job River Oyster!!Special Features:
- Always a wait..KatherineVIPDined on 3/13/2014If you like waiting 45 minutes every time you're out for dinner, you will love this place. Last week was our third time in this restaurant and our table wasn't ready yeat again. Another 45 - 60 minute wait. I don't know why we keep giving this place the benefit of the doubt and go back, but this time was the last. Never again. Not only do you have to wait, but the bar is always packed, so you have to stand there at the door like you're in the new york subway on rush hour. This is not why I go out to have dinner. Always very stressful. And you would think that they would at least had given us desert on the house. But nope. So many better options in Brickell than this place.
- try it!liz45Dined on 3/11/2014Well worth the effort to find it in between construction sites. Great raw bar, stone crabs delicious. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lazy servicePaulaGarciaDined on 3/5/2014It took us toomuch time to get theservice done. The waiter was very nice, but lazy. The food was unsalted....