The Ritz Restaurant
880 Newport Center Dr.
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
The Ritz Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ritzrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9497201800
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Friday Lunch: 11:30am-3pm Tuesday-Thursday Dinner: 5:30pm-10pm Friday Dinner: 5:30pm-11pm, Saturday Dinner: 5pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lupe Camarena
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Party Rooms are Available! The Wine Cellar seating up to 32. The Vintage Room seating up to 60. Escoffier Room accommodates 70-140. The Ritz Garden accommodates 30-80. Call Sharon for detailed information at (949) 720-1619.
- Private Party Facilities: We have five private dining rooms to accommodate any size group for any special occasion or business function for lunch or dinner. ESCOFFIER ROOM - The luxurious Pavilion-style dining room features classical Georgian accents and will seat up to 140. THE WINE CELLAR - "Welcome" to the Ritz Wine Cellar...An oval tunnel framed by gated wine bottle alcoves leading to a vaulted brick chamber. Seats 20-34. THE VINTAGE ROOM - Burnished oak wainscoting and beveled mirrors create a beautiful atmosphere. Seats 30-70. THE GALLERY - The whimsical culinary art of Guy Buffet overlooking our lush garden seating 30 - 60. THE GARDEN - Unparalleled outdoor dining with the natural beauty of seasonal landscaping accommodating groups of 40 - 80.
- Private Party Contact: Sharon Virtue 9497201619
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment nightly which varies throughout the Seasons. Jimmy Hopper - Wednesday/Thursday Nights 7-10pm The Baker Boys - Tuesday/Friday/Saturday Nights 6:30-10pm Jim Roberts - Cameos
- Special Events: Everyday Special! 2-Course Prix Fixe Lunch Menu $17.50 & 3-Course Prix Fixe Dinner Menu $35.00. Tuesdays/Wednesdays - 50% off Bottled Wines w/Dinner Entree. Starting May 8th - Happy Hour in The Ritz Bar Tuesday-Friday 4:30-7pm. $5.00 selected bar menu items, house wine & well cocktails. Starting June 5th - Tuesday Martini Tastings in The Garden. Special $5.00 Martinis 5-7pm, Arthur's Famous BBQ & Entertainment. Reservations recommended. Starting June 22nd - Friday Night Pardi Gras where The Ritz meets the French Quarter. Bourbon Street flavors, "Big Easy" Dixieland Music, Creole Flare BBQ & Mason Jar Veev Cocktails.
A word from The Ritz Restaurant
"Puttin' on the Ritz..." An award-winning tradition synonymous with elegance, gracious service and a blend of classic and contemporary cuisine creates the perfect atmosphere for any occasion. The signature black porte-cochere announces that something special awaits inside. Five unique dining rooms, which seat from 20 up to 140, each has its own personality and ambiance. The cuisine "mirrors" the decor in variation, elegance, tradition and quality. Established menu favorites and daily creations combined with our style of hospitality completes your dining experience. On the more casual side, The Ritz Garden offers unparalleled outdoor dining. You'll enjoy blue skies or starlit nights surrounded by the sound of evening music, fine wines, ala carte menu or simply enjoy cocktails with friends while watching your favorite sporting event on plasma TV's. Whether your mood ranges from prime steaks, chops, lamb, seafood or a more traditional faire, The Ritz has it all.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Ritz Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Thanks for so many great timesMjHReviewVIPDined on 2/15/2014Thanks for so many great times and memories. Goodbye & good luck!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although we had reservations,JerryDined on 2/14/2014Although we had reservations, we had to wait almost an hour to be seated. We found waiting in the bar to be very noisy and crowded. Food and service were good once we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oversold. Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2014Oversold. Very disappointed since i made rez for Valentine's Day in Dec. and ended up sitting in a tiny room. Had i known, I would certainly have gone somewhere else. Glad tis was not my only experience with the Ritz. It was good while it lasted.
- Valentines Day DinnerMissingtheRitzDined on 2/14/2014We went to the Ritz to celebrate Valentines Day, and also to enjoy our last dinner at this great restaurant. We will miss it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- End of an Era!!GD61Dined on 2/14/2014We always enjoyed the bar. Great ambiance!! Great food!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE LAST HURRAH!OCDINERVIPDined on 2/13/2014The Ritz closes this weekend at current location, my wife and I had to go one last time. Everything was outstanding as usual! I loved this location, we had our 25th wedding anniversary party here. I hope they find another location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodbye The RitzJNBNKNVDined on 2/13/2014Hate to see The Ritz leave. It will be hard to replace.Special Features:
- Memorable EveningOCblondesDined on 2/12/2014Since this is the last week it was an treasured experience. We have celebrated so many Happy Occasions and Just Fun times. It was a night to reflect and experience the joy that we have all had over the years. Looking forward to their new location and freedom in a new place. My Best to all and thank you for being a part of our lives. XOSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Last Meal at The RitzSadTomVIPDined on 2/12/2014We are sad to lose The Ritz, it is a classy place. We sincerely hope they find a new location. We celebrated our daughter's birthday and was her first time at The Ritz in over 20 years. She and her husband were impressed with the food and service, as we're we. We'll miss you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- farewellsummerDined on 2/12/2014This is a favorite and sad to see it closing on the 15th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalCoachGVIPDined on 2/11/2014So so sorry that this place will be closing on the 15th of this month. Have fond memories of this place when it was at the beach by the pier. Hope they are able to relocate. Will keep an eye peeled to see if and when that happensSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farewell visitpet4daisyVIPDined on 2/11/2014The Ritz is closing so this is our last visit. As always, EVERYTHING was great!! The lose of this restaurant is a lose to all of those who love fine dining. They are trying to find a place to relocate. Sure hope it happens.Special Features:
- Too Bad It's closingShuttinVIPDined on 2/11/2014This has been a great place to go for years to bad it is closing. Not because they have or want to it's the greedy landlordSpecial Features:
- Another fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2014We have always enjoyed our dining experience at the Ritz and this was no exception.Special Features:
- Great like always - we hopeLoveItalianFoodVIPDined on 2/10/2014Great like always - we hope it finds a new home soon.Special Features:
- AnniversaryRomeroDined on 2/10/2014We have enjoyed celebrating our Anniversary at the Ritz for 24 years. In 1991 we went for our 1st anniversary. We wanted to celebrate our 25th next year but due to the closing on February 15th 2014, we had to go one last time. We were able to get reservations quickly and easily. It made our Anniversary very special. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The End of An EraTrainmanDined on 2/10/2014There is no restaurant that provides the same ambiance as the Ritz. The food is exhilerating. The rack of lamb is tender, tasteful and satiating. I have dined there many times over the years and I can't find one thing that was unacceptable. The staff is most pleasant and always close by to cater to your every need. It is a very unique restaurant as demonstrated by the staff attire, the restaurant design and decor and mostly because it provides a dining experience that existed widespread decades ago. In Orange County, it is alone in providing that experience. Too bad the selfish Irvine Company will not renew the Ritz' lease.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurant closingDocAllenDined on 2/10/2014Shame on the irvine Company. Hopefully they will find another classy place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopefully not the last time....letseatVIPDined on 2/8/2014Our last Saturday night dinner at The Ritz..... Hoping to be at the grand reopening, whereever it might be...Special Features:
- Best place in town! SorryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/8/2014Best place in town! Sorry that the landlords have not renewed your lease. Hope you find something very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ritz for Romance and Rip-SnortersBonnyVivantDined on 2/8/2014The Ritz is a Newport Beach institution, and I'm sorry I only recently "discovered" it. Couldn't ask for better décor: gorgeous, with soft lighting. I specifically requested to be seated in the "Escoffier Room," in a booth, and my wish was carried out exactly. Champagne cocktail heavy on the bitters (delish), lemon drop perfectly sweet. Well-timed service. Very good food with a few blips: escargot on croute delicious but too salty; lobster cocktail well worth the price, scallops middle-of-the-road, Harlequin soufflé absolute bliss. Almost everyone dressed up, looking great, and super friendly. Lots of mini parties going on around us, a festive but not raucous atmosphere. Nice music. We felt very comfortable and stayed for four hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ as alwaysDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 2/7/2014This restaurant never disappoints, everything was absolutely perfect and delicious. So sad that they will be closing next week.Special Features:
- The RitzOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014I can't recommend The Ritz toa friend. They are closing for good February 15th 2014.
- Farewell to a Fabulous PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/6/2014This is a lovely restaurant. The food is excellent. The service is great. It has been in ton for years. It is sad it will be closing soon. It will be a loss to our community.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will miss the Ritz. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/5/2014We will miss the Ritz. Food not quite as terrific as the past but everything else fabulous. We had a wonderful lunch hope the ritz opens somewhere soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad Farewell to a Classic!FoodMusicFunVIPDined on 2/4/2014What a fantastic restaurants in Newport. Sad they are closing. Everything has always been prepared with the utmost care! A true loss for Newport Beach. Wherever they open, if they open, will again regain the faithful customers!Special Features:
- so sad The Ritz is closingPerfectDined on 2/3/2014A beautiful place with wonderful service and great food try to go before it closes Hope they find a new locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The End of an Erapet4daisyVIPDined on 2/1/2014Fantastic restaurant that is closing due to the Irvine Co. not renewing their lease. Always a wonderful meal with caring wait staff and wonderful ambience. It is sad to see it go. Hopefully they will find a new venue and reopen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourConnieVIPDined on 2/1/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and evening. The food was very good and the staff could not have been nicer. Sorry to see this icon leave. Very sad.Special Features:
- GoodbyeBeverleeDined on 1/30/2014Wonderful, as usual. Newport Center won't be the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch @ the RitzNoCookingGirlDined on 1/30/2014So sad to see the Ritz close, but so happy that it is closing with a bang. If you can make it before February 15th, go. Don't miss out on lunch or dinner at this landmark. Lunches in the bar area are lively, great people watching and the food is wonderful. Ritz cobb salad is a highlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJanzyeDined on 1/30/2014Three of us had a special lunch..........each of us raved about the food. We had a lovely booth, I had the vest veal chop I have ever eaten and my friends raved about their food. Excellent!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry to see The Ritz close.JonseyDined on 1/30/2014Sorry to see The Ritz close. Always fun for special occasions. Great place on a rainy day or wonderful garden for sunny day.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurantJaniceDined on 1/29/2014The interior of the restaurant is very striking with all of the wood on the walls and the ceilings. Nice décor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mints Could Not Save The RitzFoodie42Dined on 1/27/2014I see why they're closing.... Price-y, salty, forgettable food. Many elderly, rich folk without taste buds. Ambiance was neither relaxing nor beautiful (indoors and out). Service was pretty okay, however, the waiter who set up our table exuded an unforgettable attitude like he didn't want to be there and hated the customers. The only good thing about the Ritz are their mints you can find on the way out the exit. Recommendation: go to any restaurant on the Vegas strip and you'll understand my position.
- Newport Beach ClassicRWDSRDined on 1/25/2014Fantastic experience. Food was excellent, service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad to say goodbyeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014Sad to see a benchmark restaurant go after 37 years just to increase rental income!Special Features:
- Dining at the RitzKeithDined on 1/25/2014The shrimp scampi was excellent; and my date also like her pepper steak -- done perfectly medium rare! The service was good: friendly, but stretched a bit, due to a "full house." I thought my scotch was a bit overpriced, but a good pour, and my date's Gin was priced well. The wine was priced about right for a fine restaurant. Very nice ambiance. It is a special place to celebrate a special event or simply an upscale night out. Unfortunately, The Ritz is closing the end of Feb. They are looking for a new location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farewell, Ritz, You Will Be Missed!CherylDined on 1/25/2014It's a sin that the greedy landlord is making it so the Ritz will soon be no more. Everyone loves this restaurant and will miss it so much - there is no other restaurant in Newport Beach that comes close to the ambience and service of the Ritz. We're all hoping for a last minute miracle. But the landlord loves money more than Newport Beach so nothing can be done. So sad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RitzgeriDined on 1/24/2014Sadly The Ritz is closing after 37 years. I hadn't been in a long time, so wanted to be certain to get there prior to the close. Fabulous place and I hope that we'll see them at another location.Special Features: