The Ritz-Carlton Restaurant
100 Carondelet Plaza
St. Louis, MO 63105Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Ritz-Carlton Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/
- Phone: 3148636300x433
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 10:30am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Chef Mohammad Azhar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Hotel provides these facilities, not within The Restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Catering Office 3148636300
- Entertainment: Pianist provided for Sunday Brunch
A word from The Ritz-Carlton Restaurant
A casual dining option which will enliven the senses with elegant surroundings. Guests can dine for breakfast or lunch, with offerings ranging from a wonderful buffet, to an extensive a la cart menu. The acclaimed Champagne Brunch, offered on Sunday, promises to delight. The vast offerings at Brunch include everything from sushi and caviar, to chef-prepared omelets and pastas. Please join The Restaurant for a true Ritz-Carlton experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Ritz-Carlton Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
great for brunch (3)special occasion (2)Show More
- Breakfast not brunchCbizzleDined on 8/3/2014Had a very good breakfast here but was a little disappointed that brunch is no longer and option. As always at the Ritz, the service was outstanding.
- Nice working breakfastDebinSTLVIPDined on 6/9/2014Went to the Ritz for a working breakfast and it was very nice. The servers made sure to give us plenty of time and space and didn't rush us at all. The buffet was very nice but we decided to order off the menu. Overall, a top quality meal.Special Features:
- The following 83 reviews are from the The Ritz-Carlton Restaurant reviews archive.
- Nothing Beats The Ritzlovemyfish55VIPDined on 4/13/2014The Ritz is just a classic, you can't go anywhere and receive the service, and dining experience that The Ritz provides. It was my Birthday and everyone from the hostess to the servers wished me a Happy Birthday, the chef sent out a special piece of cake on a small tray with Happy Birthday written in chocolate. I felt like a queen, and my husband and I were just blown away with everything. The buffet is presented so well, and the chef making the omelets was great, bringing it to the table, so you did not have to stand in line, with a pleasure to serve you sir". You must go once to experience this wonderful brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go somewhere elseAmberDined on 4/9/2014Service was slow and spotty. My colleague asked for a refill on coffee from 4 different people before it was actually done and then there were a bunch of coffee grounds in the coffee and no one around to help fix the problem. Food was not that good and overly expensive. I had a burger that had BBQ sauce that soaked through the bun and I couldn't pick up. Cooked well instead of medium as ordered.Took a long time to get our food and a long time for the server to check on us.
- VERY disappointedAmberDined on 4/7/2014Took an out of town client to the Ritz for lunch with the hopes of impressing them - this did not happen at all. It took over 35 minutes to get our food (sandwiches & salads for 5), which seemed unreasonably long for lunch & then my client's steak sandwich was partially raw. Not medium as ordered or even rare, but completely raw in the center. Someone in the kitchen had to have cut up the steak for the sandwich & after 35 minutes it was crazy to me that raw food was sent out. We had to make a meeting so there was no way we could wait for the food to be corrected so my client just ate the parts of the sandwich that were cooked. Other people at the table commented on the saltiness of everything (pasta, chicken on salad, grouper for sandwich)
- Exemplary Sunday BrunchMizzougirlDined on 2/23/2014The Sunday brunch at "The Restaurant" has incredible omelettes cooked in front of you per the ingredients you request! Special tables with the best fruit, biscuits, different meats, oatmeal, pancakes, plus an extensive breakfast menu make this the best Sunday brunch in St. Louis! Did I mention the wonderful coffee?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No expectationsScottDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I made last minute reservations for Valentines dinner at the Restaurant at the Ritz, and it turned out really nice. For starters, the White asparagus cappuccino soup was fabulous. It was duster with grilled priscuitto, hearty and tasty. The spinach salad followed, and was great. Sweet, salty, tart and a boiled egg, great combo, and fabulous. The main course was a small filet, well cooked. The blackberry infused sauce was nice, but I was glad to have it on the side, as it would have been overwhelming. The side of bernaise my wife had was excellent. The desserts were great, my wife had amaretto ice cream filled profiteroles and I had strawberry and white chocolate mousse. Both were great. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualLoireKDined on 2/6/2014My breakfast meeting at The Restaurant at the Ritz was excellent. The food was very good and it was a great place to have a morning business meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas lunchMERothDined on 12/16/2013I was so disappointed that the dining room in the restaurant had no decorations for Christmas, not one ounce of color. Yes the lobby was decorated and the hallways had some greenery, but absolutely nothing in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under ParDisappointedDined on 12/15/2013We have enjoyed dining at other Ritz-Carlton restaurants and must say that this one was not up to par. The holiday music was nice but entirely too loud for the space. The host and wait staff were pleasant but for the most part appeared to be inexperienced. There seemed to be more host than servers. We were constantly having to ask for beverages and had difficulty finding someone to ask. The food quality and selections were excellent. However, considering the exorbitant costs, this meal experience was totally over-valued. If you are going to include the tip don't forget to include the service. Not likely to recommend or return to this location with family and friends.Special Features:
- It was a very enjoyable brunch.MayaDined on 11/3/2013It was a very enjoyable brunch. The service was great and food was fantastic! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & service was superior.JimRDined on 10/24/2013Food & service was superior. Price point was a little exhorbitant for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a yearly traditionkimzDined on 9/22/2013my hubby and i come every year got our anniversary and are never gisappointed! our server zabeeb is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special treatLadyLoveDined on 9/22/2013This has been a speacial place for me for 10 yrs! My favorite server is Josie!! It is not as large as it once was but the food remains excellent and the staff is wonderful and live music is also a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special BirthdayAllyDined on 8/19/2013My daughter asked to go to the Ritz for a special 18th birthday lunch with her grandmother. The staff made her day very special and we had a wonderful experience. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone wanting a quiet lunch for business or for a special occasion. The food and staff were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/7/2013The staff was welcoming and the waitress was very attentive. The restaurant was beautiful. The cost was quite reasonable considering the ambience, level of service , and quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentVickieDined on 7/5/2013My friends and I were celebrating good news with lunch together. I made reservations for six. The hostess had called to tell me that lunch would be in the lobby and confirm the reservation. When we arrived, it was totally dead and our table was not set up. We were told to pick any table. The menu is extremely edited; not all that interesting. The choice to serve in the lobby, while I knew about it ahead of time, is an odd one. It offers zero ambiance. There is nothing that would bring me back to the Ritz for lunch. However I will say that the wait staff was very cordial.
- I go to the Ritz when I wantJimRDined on 6/18/2013I go to the Ritz when I want a perfect meal -- great service, delicicious food and beautiful atmosphere. Would highly recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013A typical hotel breakfast in the lobby. Nothing to write home about.
- Not the same champagne buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013Not the same champagne buffet I went to 10 years ago. Ambiance is gone. Hostess forgot that we were waiting for our table - we had to check when new arrivals were getting in ahead of us. Food is still great but not a 5-star buffet. Noticeable change in dress code - blue jeans welcome. No more crepes section. Our table was not properly set - missing napkin, lipstick-stained flute glass (new Ritz standard?). Good for very casual brunch. I was willing to pay the price or even more based on my past experience but now it seems overpriced. Wanted to impress my kids with a different and special buffet but failed. Should have stuck to my club.Special Features:
- Great for quiet business breakfast-OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/2/2013Great for quiet business breakfast- Love the buffet.
- The RITZ can never be bestedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013The RITZ can never be bested for a quiet lunch with friends or for business. The food is terrific and the service outstanding. The Chef came out after our meal and spoke with us about our experience and was most interesting in explaining what had gone into our meal: at our request. Fresh ingredients with a lovely presentation.Special Features:
- All 6 of us agreed this wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2013All 6 of us agreed this was the best brunch we had ever been to. Superb dining experience. If you want a special treat or have a celebration, you can't go wrong with the brunch at the Ritz.Special Features:
- Offering of food seemed toOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/13/2013Offering of food seemed to be much less than in past. What was there was very good and we had very enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- This review is written fromKimmyDined on 12/23/2012This review is written from the perspective of one herbivore and one omnivore: This is the second time I've enjoyed their Sunday brunch. It was great. The wait staff were attentive with the drinks. There are many things to choose from to keep my carnivorous husband happy (carving station, dim sum, breakfast meats, chicken, fish, charcuterie, shellfish, etc). There are plenty of side dishes which don't contain meat (salads, spring rolls, breads, fruits, cheeses and pastries). However the omelet station was the only "main dish" that didn't have meat. It would be nice to see a vegetarian pasta, soup or something else that's a warm dish, especially in the winter months.Special Features:
- The service was very slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/21/2012The service was very slow. The food was ok but not like it used to be. The price on the buffet was too high. It has really gone up.
- A yearly traditionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/16/2012Every December our family of 5 makes a reservation. It is the one time our family can sit for a bit and enjoy the holidays without being rushed and the Ritz brunch is the perfect place. The Lobby is decorated so beautifully and the entire feeling of the hotel brings you into a Holiday mood. We love our tradiion, we love the Ritz Sunday Brunch. The menu has something for everyone and good luck trying to eat dessert !!Special Features:
- Presentation was lovely andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2012Presentation was lovely and the food was very tasty. Good soup, excellent salads and dressings, entrees were each special and the desserts, particularly the creme brulee, was very good.Special Features:
- I'm afraid we caught the RitzOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2012I'm afraid we caught the Ritz Carlton on an off day. Their nicer dining room was off-limits for a private party and we were relegated to their windowless grill. The wait staff was overwhelmed with a couple of larger parties and after serving us water didn't speak to us for 20 minutes. We had hoped for a special experience since we were celebrating my mother's 99th birthday. Instead we spent a long time watching others having a wonderful time while we waited. When she eventually got around to us our server was very pleasant and the food was very good. It was a disappointing experience.
- Wonderful experience! HotelOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2012Wonderful experience! Hotel was beautifully decorated. The food and service was exceptional. Ambiance with piano was perfect.Special Features:
- Awesome Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/16/2012The brunch was unbelievably good, and the service was some of the best we've ever had at a restaurant. The list of food options included: pancakes, waffles and omelets made to order, bacon, sausage links and parties, pasta, chicken, Mahi-Mahi, smoked salmon, shrimp, caviar, dim sum, sushi, crab claws, and too many other items to name. The gourmet desserts were also extensive and quite tasty. We took our kids with us, and they were also made to feel welcome. We will definitely be visiting again as a special treat in the future.Special Features:
- Service was wonderful -- andServiceDined on 8/25/2012Service was wonderful -- and the food was amazing!!
- Poor service, inattentionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2012I was not happy with the restaurant because I chose them for their service. Had a reservation for three and there were no more than four other tables at the time I arrived. One of my other guests arrived and was shown to the table. When the third guest arrived, she was told there was no reservation and no party waiting. She sat in the lobby for about 15 minutes before I checked my phone and realized the SNAFU on the part of the Ritz staff. Thus our lunch started on a sour note - and no one on the staff seemed too concerned about their mistake.
- It didn't impress me at all.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012It didn't impress me at all. It was worth about $4 a person. The biscuits and gravy were not replenished and we arrived an hour or two before lunch. You'd think everything would be plentiful. Not the case.
- I decided to go to the RitzOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2012I decided to go to the Ritz Carlton for a fancy breakfast. It is my last big splurge for the year. I got the breakfast buffet. It was interesting to not see tables of over cooked food. i liked the different choices. the smoked salmon, various cheeses, and the vast fruit selection. The mini pastries were very good also. The stand outs for me were the cheese blintz's and the eggs benedict. i was not a fan of the coffee. the fresh squeezed oj was good. It is pulpy and i am not a fan of pulp but still very good. the bacon and sausage links were not what i am used to but how can you not like bacon, and sausage well it takes alot to mess up sausage also. The service and interior were what you would expect from a place like the Ritz. The sSpecial Features:
- if u enjoy fresh seafood fare,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2012if u enjoy fresh seafood fare, this is your place. it isnt just breakfast type foods,they didnt even have pancakes, but they had alot of other different food. rice,noodles,mixed. it was a bit too seafood for me.Special Features:
- Beast brunch in Saint Louis,lanaDined on 4/15/2012Beast brunch in Saint Louis, perfect for special occasions. Live music makes it even better!Special Features:
- Food is normally excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2012Food is normally excellent. On this visit there was no crab legs, the prime rib was gone and the bacon and sausage was cold. According to one of the staff, the didnt have a lot of reservations and so they didnt prepare more than one prime rib roast and didnt put crab legs out. Unfortunately, i still paid the same amount for the brunch.Special Features:
- Makes any meal special. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/9/2012Makes any meal special. Great ambience, service, food.Special Features:
- Ritz knows how to do Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/1/2012The Ritz Carlton knows how to do brunch. We enjoy the food and ambiance everytime we go. Had a little trouble with the reservation but after getting past that, it was fabulous as always.Special Features: