Salt - Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island - Fernandina Beach
4750 Amelia Island Parkway
Amelia Island, FL 32034Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Salt - Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island - Fernandina Beach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/AmeliaIsland/Dining/SaltTheGrillattheRitz-Carlton/Default.htm
- Phone: 9042771100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rick Laughlin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Salt - Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island - Fernandina Beach
Salt, the the AAA Five Diamond award winning restaurant at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, features simple ingredients from the earth and the sea, properly seasoned and artfully prepared. With more than 400 available wines and an innovative menu showcasing the bounty of the season, Salt offers a dining experience that is a rare combination of the relaxed and refined. As a tribute to the contemporary coastal setting, more than 40 varieties of salt, harvested from every corner of the world, are available to enhance the flavor and appearance of each exquisite dish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Salt - Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island - Fernandina Beach - Best Restaurants in Amelia Island ›
Salt - Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island - Fernandina Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)romantic (72)scenic view (72)fit for foodies (54)notable wine list (41)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014More than outstanding service! Great food, the view and atmosphere - spectacular!!! Thank you Salt for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014When I made the reservation, I told them we were getting married earlier that evening. The whole staff at Salt made us feel very special and welcomed. The food and wine were outstanding, as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best meal everbhscaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Must try the chefs adventure...... Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good we went twice in a weekend!MoozerDined on 9/11/2014Fantastic meal, beautifully presented and everyone in our group was happy with their meal! The wait staff is wonderful and accommodating, wish we lived closer. Delicious and inventive from the soup & salads to dessert, can't recommend Salt enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so great serviceMissRDined on 9/6/2014We did the Chef's Adventure with some changes (due to my husband suffering from Crohn's). The chef's did provide us with sufficiant dietary meals though. Our server was awkward and slow. We sat without being served for at least 10 minutes before our waitress ventured our way. She was awkward and didn't hardly talk to us and didn't stop by to check on us. She would bring the wine pairings at odd times and not when the new courses were served. For a $300+ meal, I expect top notch service and we didn't receive that at all. Also, while most courses were delicious, the dessert (a Bailey's cake) was dry and bland (and also completely unoriginal as I've had Bailey's cakes and cupcakes several times before). Wouldn't return except for drinksSpecial Features:
- Returning customer10thanniversaryDined on 8/30/2014Excellent meal, wonderful atmosphere. Every detail was done with care. We were happy to share it with our family from out of town. Warm, comfortable and delicious. We especially liked the ahi watermelon appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarfoodieDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I eat fine dining at least once a week so I'd like to think I know fine food as well as service. The food was what I expected..amazing and the plating was just as amazing. The only down fall for us was that all our food was brought out in a rush. There was no down time to rest between courses and when my husband left the table right after our appetizers they brought out both of our main courses. I have never been fine dining where they bring out your food when you are not at the table! So his meal sat there until he returned. The food was great, but would of loved to enjoy everything a little slower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- andyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Crazy how good! Food , service , and view! Best meal of the yearSpecial Features:
- TennismanDined on 8/26/2014This was our third time and again found the food excellent, well prepared and appealing. It is a wonderful restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:
- Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island Salt,Jw14Dined on 8/26/2014The food is good and presented is excellent but small portions. The wine selection was good, great for romantic dinner. The chairs need to be replaced as well as the booths you sink too far into them. Nice view of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional FoodExceptionalFoodieDined on 8/24/2014Wonderful service, food and ambiance. We celebrated our 10th Anniversary and our server recommended great dishes and desserts. The prawn and tuna appetizers were amazing. My huband had the wagyu beef and I the seafpod parpardelle, both completely sensational! Expensive but food was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGDined on 8/23/2014Salt is by far the most outstanding restaurant on Amelia Island. Without a doubt the best food and service that we have ever had.Special Features:
- Fabulous EveningJhillVIPDined on 8/22/2014My dinner at Salt was one of the best meals I have ever had! Everything from the service, to the atmosphere (view of the ocean) and most importantly the delicious food was outstanding! The entire evening was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingrputDined on 8/22/2014always our favorite on the island, pricey but more than worth it. Food and service are superiorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnersecoastDined on 8/21/2014Great restaurant - especially for special occasions. Had beef tenderloin. Food was absolutely delicious. Great view of Atlantic ocean.Special Features:
- sky1Dined on 8/21/2014starters/salads excellent; main courses of red snapper and rib eye steak unexceptionalSpecial Features:
- Terrific Food with Prices to MatchGarlicVIPDined on 8/19/2014Salt is one of the better restaurants that we have had the pleasure of dining at in 2014. Because it is located in the Ritz Carlton Hotel much of its clientele are guests. The menu is very inviting with many options for all courses. The veal and lamb dishes are outstanding. The seafood pasta is also great. The chef was willing and able to eliminate certain ingredients to deal with food allergies. The soufflés for dessert were also worth doing. We would definitely go back to Salt again when we are in the hotel or the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great wedding anniversary meal!10thanniversaryDined on 8/14/2014Salt was an amazing experience. The decor, ocean views and great wait staff made for a sublime time. The food was incredible, right presentation and portions. Tuna tartare... highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy and DeliciousPatsyDined on 8/14/2014Creative menu, delightful entrees and impeccable, caring service! A joy to spend an evening at such a wonderful restaurant. We'll be back for more fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an experienceleahVIPDined on 8/10/2014Must go for a foodie experience. Always fantastic service and an unforgettable meal when doing the chef's adventure. Well worth it.Special Features:
- Lived up to the reputationFoodstalkerDined on 8/5/2014We ate at a couple of great restaurants while on AI, but overall, this was definitely the best dining experience---food, service, view, ambiance. We were celebrating our birthdays and they brought dessert with candles, etc. The heirloom salad --many kinds of tomatoes--was incredible and that would have been enough, but the steak and eggs with hot stone cooking station at the table was over the top. My wife's sea bass was also to die for. Though you are in a resort town, I agree that you should dress for a meal like this---while most men adhered to the collar, slacks, shoes code, a guy sitting next to us had on jeans and a bad hawaiian shirt---oh well. Overall--a great experience and we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-Notch Dining on Amelia IslandJohnDined on 8/3/2014Amazing food with terrific service. Best place to dine on Amelia Island. Creative dishes with amazing ingredients and unbeatable service make it worth the money. High-end oceanfront dining is hard to find, but they have it here.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!ScoopVIPDined on 8/2/2014My girlfriend and I had the chefs tasting menu with the wine pairing. It was one of the best meals I have ever had. Very romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above averagess2ueDined on 8/2/2014This was our 3rd year. The service is superb and truly a dining experience. Having a view of the water/beach is always a plus, if available. The requested dress code gives the restaurant an upscale experience. Enjoyable food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salt??Private2IVIPDined on 8/1/2014Salt opened our eyes to the variety of salt. The meal was very high quality. The 4 types of salt was an eye-opening experience about how various highly flavored salts can make bread explode with flavor! Wonderful!!. For service, our only criticism is that the Chef would not allow us to order without including our desert option with during the main course. Therefore, we declined. When i tried to order an appetizer (salad) while deciding on the main course, we were also told that the Chef only would allow one order that included the appetizer or salad. Honestly, it's a bit more Kitchen Patrol than is reasonable for the size of the bill at the end of the meal . . . come on, lighten up a bit, yet keep the fantastic salty edge.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014Just a great dining experience. Everything was well done and they'd made note of the reservation requests I'd made. Will be back.Special Features:
- Relaxing with Classss2ueDined on 7/31/2014This was our third visit to "The Rita-Carlton Amelia Island"-Salt, The Grill How nice to find a restaurant that will still require appropriate dress attire out of respect for all the patrons and the staff. You look around and know your patronage is going to be appreciated and service will be excellent. The view of the beach and water were both calming and enjoyable. Our server was always close by to see to our every need. We save a chance to enjoy a cold martini when dining out, they never seem to taste the same at home. Salt always exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationMandMDined on 7/29/2014This was our second dining experience at 'Salt' and again they went above and beyond with their attention to detail. It is truly a 'dining experience'!!! From the presentation to the service and the food - Fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Dinner For The PriceGeorgiaFoodieDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I have dined at Salt three times before and loved it. Was very excited to return with another couple to celebrate 2 birthdays the other night. Service and food were good, but definitely not 5 Diamond rating so we were rather disappointed. It took 45 minutes to get a bottle of wine and and hour after we sat, we finally received bread service, which is actually bread worth eating! While the entrees were good, there was nothing special about it, especially for the price. I have certainly had much more exciting dinners for a fraction of the price.... And the dessert was microscopic for $20 (signature souflees). It would have been nice to have a server who was more engaging and could elaborate on the menu too. Not great :-(Special Features:
- Another great evening at SaltSaltTheGrillExcelsAgainDined on 7/26/2014This was our 75th visit and Salt did not disappoint. Wonderful tasting menu, attentive but discreet service, and beautiful room with great ocean view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingbatzDined on 7/26/2014Salt is one of the things that brings me back to the RC at Amelia Island. I found out late in my schedule that I would have an opportunity to return to the island for vacation, and one of the first things on my "to-do" list was to book a reservation at Salt. Beautiful panoramic ocean view from our table, great food, excellent presentation, and terrific service. My wife and I (who rarely agree on anything dinning-wise) can both say that Salt compares with any of the best dining experiences we have had anywhere in the country! Would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2014Everything was wonderful. Fresh made pasta was delicious. Halibut and the gnocchi that came with it- yum! The tuna appetizer was huge. Don't skip dessert, worth every calorie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Anniversary DinnerRJOGDined on 7/20/2014My husband and I had dinner at Salt to help celebrate our 10 year anniversary. It was fantastic!!! The service was great and the food was even better. The salt pairings that were chosen by our server to compliment ou dinner selections were great. Its pricey but we had a few apps and shared a meal and it was plenty.Special Features:
- Special Service for CelebrationweluvRitzdiningDined on 7/17/2014We had such a fantastic dinner in celebration of our 50th wedding anniversary. There were some great surprises too--including complementary champagne to begin, "comped" desserts (outstanding souffles), and a personalized after-dessert plate of goodies. The wait staff was excellent, our main courses were amazing and perfectly prepared, and we felt very special and pampered! Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food except for dessertlovegoodfoodDined on 7/6/2014Ambiance, service and food were superb except for the dessert. Signature dessert - chocolate souffle - was virtually tasteless. The couple at adjacent table told us that, in the past, they and others have had the same criticism of the souffle and informed the serving staff. Yet, the souffle remains on the menu and the serving staff praises it highly.Special Features:
- Lives up to the hypeJnjhernDined on 7/5/2014Not a single disappointing minute. The pappardelle pasta is a dish made of dreams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentIheartfoodDined on 7/4/2014We did the tasting menu, but chose our desserts. Each dish was unique, very fresh ingredients with beautiful presentation. Soufflés were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic dining experience.TravelerDined on 7/4/2014I had the four course dining experience with wine parings. Every single dish was wonderful. The plates were beautifully prepared. I had been told that this is the best place to dine on Amelia Island so my expectations were high and I was not disappointed. This evening will rate in the top 5 dining experiences that I have had in my life.Special Features:
- A Great Adventure MenuRomanticDinerDined on 7/1/2014My wife and I decided on the Chef's Adventure Menu, a 4-course, blind tasting menu, with the wine pairings, and didn't regret a thing. The wine pours were quite generous, starting with a full flute of champagne, and each dish was exceptionally done. I expected more varieties of salts, but the three provided were delicious and fun to try. My wife's convinced they could read her mind (or bugged our table) to know what she was hoping for, especially the soufflés for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UPSCALE GEM!DevinAllmoDined on 6/27/2014Salt at The Ritz-Carlton was AMAZING! The food was great, the service was like no other and the place itself is just beautiful!! this is a must have place if around town. I can't wait to go back1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.