The Ridgeway Bar & Grille
4355 Route 1 at Ridge Road
Princeton, NJ 08540Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Ridgeway Bar & Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ontheboneprinceton.com/
- Phone: 609-514-2663
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tiffany Tooker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Ridgeway Bar & Grille
The Ridgeway Bar & Grille is a moderately priced, relaxed atmosphere steak-house featuring; Wet aged and naturally raised marbled beef, natural pork and poultry all free of antibiotics and hormones, cooked and served on the bone as well as the freshest fish and pastas. We have reinvented the art of cooking The Ridgeway Bar & Grille because it adds more flavor and juiciness to the meat. That's the same secret that great Chefs use to make the most flavorful sauces and gravy.Continued
The Ridgeway Bar & Grille is never formal, stuffy, pretentious, over-priced, boring or out of touch.
The Ridgeway Bar & Grille is never formal, stuffy, pretentious, over-priced, boring or out of touch.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Ridgeway Bar & Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great find for out of towners!Nanski622VIPDined on 6/18/2014We had no car and needed a place to eat within walking distance. It was perfect and everyone was very kind. Would definitely return here the next time we are in Princeton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 294 reviews are from the The Ridgeway Bar & Grille reviews archive.
- CoreyDined on 4/19/2014Service was great, food was overpriced and way too over seasoned. The chicken was as tough as leather and way over salted
- Not Our Best MealSoSadVIPDined on 4/12/2014Service was fair, however, our server didn't know what they had or were out of. Came back to our table twice to let us know that they were out of something we had ordered. I finally said - "well tell me what you do have"? He also took quite a bit of time between table checks. Please please tell the kitchen not to be so liberal with the salt!
- Good place to enjoy a meallizzyDined on 2/23/2014We went their for a Sunday dinner. It's quiet and the service is good. We both love the food presentation:) good job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over cookedGatorVIPDined on 2/15/2014Med rare is pink in the middle mine was shoe leather other people in the party okay or better but not what was asked for. Service was very friendly, the restaurant was empty, and the drinks were over priced.
- Always good!WingVIPDined on 1/13/2014We've been there many times. We never disappointed with either their service or food. We will continue going to gave dinner there.Special Features:
- Tough Fillet MignonDisneynjDined on 12/22/2013$32 for meat you can't eat!!!! Horrible service and terrible food. Do not waste your time going here.
- Depressing roomOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 12/21/2013This restaurant looks like what it is, a hotel dining room. It's obviously a place people stay one night while passing through. The décor is bland. The food however was acceptable if not inventive. We had burgers since the steaks were priced at $32 plus $6 for a potato. Way out of line for this type of establishment. The staff was friendly even thought the place was almost empty.
- Worth a tryNJFANSDined on 12/20/2013On the Bone is in the Doubletree on Rt. 1 and likely gets skipped over because of it. The menu has a broad choice from appetizers and burgers to steaks and seafood. We've eaten here several times, and except for one menu item, we've been pleased each time. On this trip, I had a strip steak with several garlic shrimp on top; it was very good. Steaks come with 3 sauces including bernaise. My wife wasn't very hungry, and had a chicken caesar salad—which turned out to be a large portion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet The ParentsJoMeDined on 12/13/2013We made a reservation for On The Bone as a meeting place for my parents to meet my now fiance's parents for the first time. The food and service were great. What I really liked was that the restaurant was very quiet, making for great conversation. The restaurant will always have great meaning for me as paving the way for two families to come together. I was proposed to by my fiance the evening after the dinner!Special Features:
- ExcellentWingVIPDined on 12/9/2013This is not the first time we've been dinning On the Bone. My husband and I like this restaurant of using fresh ingredients to make their food tasty. We had a special of the day of Shrimp and steak with dijon cream sauce. It is so delicious! The steak is filet mignon. They gave my husband a good size of the steak. Yumm...so tasty when I tried. The price is unbeatable, very reasonable. We definitely will go back there. Service is great! Thanks for all the effort!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for a reasonable priceScottDined on 11/15/2013Everything was excellent, including the bill at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is nice. IbinguoDined on 9/22/2013The restaurant is nice. I ordered filet with medium rare. It's good overall, but a little over-cooked.Special Features:
- Overpriced, especially forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2013Overpriced, especially for the atmosphere of a hotel dining room. Will not return
- Food is SO much better than expecteSiskoDined on 8/24/2013We pass by this restaurant frequently but only dined here for the first time after booking with Open Table. We went there a bit late so the restaurant was not busy and we were a little concerned how that might affect the food. Everything we ordered was hot, fresh and very very tasty. They hit all the marks and we'll be back for sure. I recommend the sliders, we had them and let me say, I could eat them as my entree! The Porterhouse was prepared perfectly and had plenty of flavor. I like that they have sweet potato as a side option given I don't much care for the russet variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2013I will not go back to "on the bone". The restaurant was not at all what I was expecting. Disappointed in the appearance of the restaurant which makes "on the Border" look good. My guess is that the restaurant is still in business because of the clients from the hotel next door Food was ok at best. I took the skirt steak and that was not worth $25. The steak was cooked ok but nothing special about it. Also "... accompanied by a colossal beer battered onion ring.." I copy pasted this from their menu on the website. The "colossal" onion ring was just an onion ring, period. nothing colossal about it Really disappointed. Longhorn steakhouse is much better in all aspects.
- Not At Their BestwineanddineVIPDined on 8/15/2013Upon enterering a few minutes before my booking at 1pm, I was told they would be closing at 1:30 because there were no customers. I had a good meal (a little heavy handed on the salt, though). The waiter promptly bought me the bill at 1:30 whilst still eating. It was obvious they had somewhere better to be.
- A "Prime" ExampleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2013The prime rib was featured the night a friend and I dined at On The Bone, and it was moderately priced and luscious. Every once in a while, a body craves red meat. When the urge strikes, this is the place to go!Special Features:
- This was my sixth visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2013This was my sixth visit to On The Bone and certainly not the last. High end steak house quality with a very complete wine list at affordable prices. Inclusive with the steaks are three sauces, vegetable, and potato usually extra at most steak houses. Our server, Lynn is always very attentive and hospitable. I am not sure why there are empty seats at this restaurant, but once you experience it, you will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service. AbsolutelynonicknameVIPDined on 7/30/2013Excellent service. Absolutely tasteless steak and lamb chops. Okay salad. A steak house in Princeton should be better. Very disappointed.
- Just okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2013Went on a Saturday evening. The restaurant was not packed or even full but the staff were overwhelmed with the number of customers they had to serve. The hostess recommended we sit at the bar for better service which we did. The place was not super fresh clean. The Skirt Steak Chimichurri was excellent. It’s their most popular steak and had a truly unique flavor. The chef got the temperature just right and this steak is the only reason I would consider going back. I had two different martinis. Both were overpriced and not very good.
- It's a shameOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/23/2013Unfortunately this location has had several restaurants over the years that for one reason or another were not successful. We decided to try On the Bone based on a recommendation and the best we can say is "ok". The food was ok but the service was abysmal. The waiter almost made it seem that all he wanted to do was end his shift and get out, and the reservation was 8:00pm, hardly the end of night. After the dinner plates were cleared we had to ask to see the dessert menu. With a Ruth's Chris Steak House 1 mile down the road this restaurant has to step up its' game or experience the fate of the previous occupants of the location.
- Excellent food!SusanDined on 6/16/2013We loved the chimichuri skirt steak! Would go back again just to get another taste! Adults and kids agreed that the Mac & Cheese was outstanding. The restaurant is connected to a DoubleTree Hotel and was almost empty on Father's Day because they get the most traffic from weekday business travelers. The ambiance is not quite as good as a Ruth Chris or other high-end steakhouse, but much better than you'd expect from a hotel restaurant. Respectable wine list. Pleasant and helpful wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left us flat for brunchHalRappaportDined on 6/16/2013I guess their dinner and lunch are better, but this was a typical business breakfast buffet with the minimal amenities. Complete with a vat of eggs, and limp french toast that has been sitting way too long. Syrup out of a coffee urn that is, well, coated in syrup. Eggs to order, that took 30 minutes! on a buffet??
- Wanted to like itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2013I will pay for a nice filet mignon, and I did pay. The meat was cooked properly and tasty enough but the Bernaise tasted like a jar sauce. The halibut was slightly overcooked. The prime rib special was the thinnest piece of prime rib I have ever seen. Not a bad meal but not noteworthy and definitely not worth the price. To me they are banking on hotel visitors on an expense account who won't be back anyway.
- First time,last timeWeeklyDinerDined on 5/25/2013Food was not cooked properly, undercooked or overcooked, 4 out of 4 entrees one being a Filet. Sauces were overbearing, salty, drowning entrée.
- Overpriced, over cooked, over ratedFamilygalDined on 5/12/2013Food portions were small. I had the skirt steak which was delicious but I left still hungry. My husband had the prime rib which was a special that day. It was clearly cooked ahead of time and reheated on a flat top. It was over cooked and leathery. The restaurant was definitely kid friendly but their kids menu while inexpensive was limited. My daughter had chicken fingers and fries. While the fries were delicious and fresh the chicken fingers were obviously frozen and reheated. Average restaurant at above average prices. Not my fav.Special Features:
- Very Good SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/5/2013This is the only place where my wife and I will eat steak. Most of the other "famous" steakhouses are very costly across the board - drinks, entrees, sides, etc. We are not snobs but do like good food that is well prepared and presented and do not consider chain steakhouses worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not as described on menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/24/2013The menu stated the chicken pasta had parpadelle pasta and bechemel sauce, yet when it can it was a thin brownish cream sauce that was tossed with egg noodles, when I complained they told me " they ran out" I should have been notified because I would have ordered something else had I known. My other guest had ordered the Macaroni and Cheese au gratin and it stated it had breadcrumbs and the au gratin meant it would have crunchy crust, when we complained they disregarded us, they took it off the bill, but we felt that the descriptions enticed us to order food that sounded more culinarily enticing than it actually was. It was an insult to our culinary intelligence to serve food other than the way it was described.
- The food was good to averageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013The food was good to average for a steak house, the service was very good
- the deco & setting is veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2013the deco & setting is very good; the table ware is noticeably in good quality. service is pleasant. we ordered a seafood soup of the day, a rack of rib, and a t-bone. the soup is great and price is reasonable. the rib is in great quality except the appearance which covered with too much bbq sauce and does not look attractive from first glance. the t-bone is a little disappointed. i do not see the right thickness of a typical t-bone; and seems it was not aged enough to tender the texture of the meat; plus the manager tries to promot the so called "new jersey grass fed steak" a little too aggresively - not sure if it was really grass-fed. the overall meat quality of the steak was below my expectation for a restaurant called on the bone.Special Features:
- Food was very good. A "specials"Petries56Dined on 4/20/2013Food was very good. A "specials" menu was misleading. There was a separate insert in the menu. It listed two specific pre-dinner items such as a soup, etc. with no prices or choices. Then it listed two entree choices with prices. We assumed that the pre-dinner items (no choice) were included, and were base don your choice of entree price - that was what you would pay. We then found out there were separate charges for each of the pre-dinner itemd. It was very confusing and misleading. When we brought it to the attention of our server, he just said "Sorry!"
- I was supposed to get 1000OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013I was supposed to get 1000 points for this and for another visit, but didn't.Special Features:
- My sandwich which the managerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2013My sandwich which the manager told me was the specialty and a favorite among the staff was not cooked to my specifications. Rather than medium rare it was more medium to well done. My husband's ribs were smothered in sauce. The vegetables on the side were ok, but why were cooked carrots hard? The shrimp cocktail had a very fishy taste. I don't think it was fresh. My husband ordered the cheesecake for dessert which had freezer burn. Although the staff was quite courteous and accommodating the food was subpar.
- What were we waiting for?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013For a steakhouse, On the Bone is very reasonably priced. Our steaks were prepared well. The salad wedge was very good. The vegetables were delicious. We live about a mile and a half from the restaurant and this was the first time we went. After going, we wondered why we waited so long. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- New favorite local steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013Very relaxed atmosphere and decor was very pleasant. The filet mignon was amazing and cooked perfectly. Comparable to Ruth Chris in quality but place is more friendly and less stuffy. The sweet potato fries were also perfectly crispy. And try the cinnamon butter - it was excellent! Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable. I will definitely return to try more dishes. I think some may turn their nose as this is a "hotel" restaurant but well worth a try and a nice surprise.Special Features:
- Steaks were perfectly cookedDinner42Dined on 2/14/2013Steaks were perfectly cooked and seasoned. Vegetables were excellent. Manager and staff provided very attentive service. I didn't know this restaurant existed until Valentine's Day!Special Features:
- The food was nirvana, atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The food was nirvana, atmosphere divine, and memories cemented!Special Features:
- DO NOT/DO NOT DINE HERE! TERRIBLE!SEXXYLYPPSVIPDined on 1/29/2013I had not been in this restaurant for a few years. I had seen some very good reviews for this restaurant and thought I would give it a try due to the fact that I had a Restaurant.com gift certificate for $25.00. The place has not ambiance whatsoever. It is bright! Service was OK, but the bartender Cat, looked somewhat sloppy. She was friendly enough, but I think that was only due to the fact that I was the only customer. I ordered the wedge salad which was very good; however, salads are not given with entrees, you need to pay for the salad. I ordered the filet mignon since it had been given such high reviews. It was HORRENDOUS; no taste whatsoever; I had to use the 3 sauces that came with it in order to get some taste.
- Sure it's a hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/14/2013Sure it's a hotel restaurant with not a lot of ambiance. However, the evening manager is a wonderful woman. She expects excellence from her staff and from her food. She'll stop by and inquiry how everything is, without question, every time you dine here. The food is quite good -- they deliver some of the best room service burgers I have ever tasted. The service both in the restaurant and for room service is timely and attentive. They do not rush you and they are pleased when you are pleased. If you are staying at the Doubletree and you charge it to your room that counts for HHonors points and you can double dip by scoring a coveted 1000 point Open Table reservations some evenings.Special Features: