The Rib Room at the Omni Royal Orleans
621 Saint Louis Street
New Orleans, LA 70140Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
The Rib Room at the Omni Royal Orleans
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ribroomneworleans.com/
- Phone: (504) 529-7045
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily, 6:30am - 10:30am. Brunch: Sunday, 11:30am - 2:30pm. Lunch: Monday - Thursday and Saturday, 11:30am - 2:00pm; Friday, 11:30am - 2:30pm. Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 6:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday, 6:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for information about our catering services.
- Private Party Facilities: We have four separate private areas in the Rib Room, from wine cellars to a balcony view overlooking the main dining room. Please call us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Food and Beverage Office 5045297045
- Entertainment: Fri - Sat 6:00pm - 9:00pm - Jazz Pianist and Vocalist Sunday 11:30am - 2:30pm - Jazz Brunch (trio w/ classic New Orleans Jazz)
A word from The Rib Room at the Omni Royal Orleans
For 50 years The Rib Room has enjoyed its reputation for outstanding food and service. Patrons have found the massive windows facing Royal Street the perfect backdrop for Crescent City dining. The woody, Old English atmosphere and high ceiling invite guests to sit back and stay awhile. The softly lit and equally comfortable Rib Room bar offers the ideal setting for sophisticated beverages and extensive wine cellar selections. In the restaurant's wine cellar, diners requiring privacy may choose from the "Pipkin", "Wine Cellar", or "Roundtable" rooms, perfect for small gatherings; each discreetly removed from the main dining floor. On the upper level of the Rib Room we feature a private room for groups up to 40 guests. Winner of the prestigious Zagat Award, The Rib Room offers classics such as slow roasted prime rib of beef, aged steaks, fresh Louisiana seafood, and champagne brunch on Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Rib Room at the Omni Royal Orleans - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
The Rib Room at the Omni Royal Orleans reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)romantic (31)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (21)notable wine list (18)scenic view (16)great for brunch (14)vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (9)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Deeelish!!!!doxiemommaVIPDined on 11/19/2014Wow, hadn't been to The Rib Room in awhile. Happy that we returned though. French onion soup was fantastic as was a new menu item......charred quail with roasted veggies for appetizers. Unbelievably good!! Main course King cut prime rib and filet mignon with a side of brussel sprouts and pork belly and a loaded baked potato. Topped it off with banana pudding........sinful!!! A super recipe just like my mom used to make. Gotta try that for sure. Happy eating at The Rib Room!!!! :)Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceSteakFoodieVIPDined on 11/8/2014The French Onion soup was amazing. Oh the cheese! The lamb in whiskey sauce was melt in your mouth meat. We ate three loafs of bread with probably a whole stick of butter. It was that good. The grouper was amazing. The sauce made the dish. The king cut prime rib was probably the best prime rib in the south. And then there was the bone in ribeye. The steak was cooked perfectly. We ended dinner with banana pudding and a little chocolate cake with "happy anniversary" on it. Nice touch Rib Room. We'll definitely be back. Oh, and don't forget the cookies when you exit.Special Features:
- Not for a late Saturday breakfastCaitVIPDined on 11/8/2014This restaurant is I'm sure normally lovely but I booked a reservation for 10:30 and arrived to find that they close then. It seems like whoever runs the reservation book should have known there was an issue but we were all surprised. The host was accommodating and seated us anyway but our food was not hot and fresh- I think it actually came from what was left on the buffet- and the waitress was clearly miffed to be serving us. The restaurant itself is beautiful though and I'd love to give the menu a fair try. When they're actually open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nolarevisitedDined on 11/5/2014great service. excellent food. great atmosphere. convenient location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 hour lunch!!HomeMadeCajunDined on 11/2/2014We love dining at this place!!! Grits & grillades were AMAZING!! Roaming jazz trio was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospherenumber1diningDined on 11/1/2014This is a special occasion place. The food is fantastic and service is number 1. I would recommend this to anyone. Atmosphere is awesomeSpecial Features:
- Nice to people watchVickieaDined on 10/31/2014Still love the rib room, but I think the food is not quite what it used to be. Hopeful they will come up to their standards soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HALLOWEEN HAPPENINGFLYNNDined on 10/31/2014Our Halloween group had a wonderful time. Rib Room let us decorate our table with Halloween nonsense and made sure we were well attended. Best of all the noise level is great and you can hear what others are saying to you. Parades go by as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteaksLuv2dineDined on 10/18/2014Great place with great food. We ordered steaks and they were perfectly cooked and and side of grits and mushrooms were outstanding. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Perfect for special occasionmmellowDined on 10/14/2014The restaurant made us feel special knowing we were celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary and ended with a special triple chocolate cake on the house. The prime ribs were perfectly done. We enjoyed the view of the French Quarter out our window. The service couldn't be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great JAZZ Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014This place had a wonderful Jazz Brunch and had a three piece Jazz group who came around to each table taking requests. The food was pretty tasty, but a little expensive. I had a the moss salad, which is sort of like a Chicken Cesar. It was really good, and a nice break from all the fried foods NOLA has to offer. The bread is AMAAAAZING. The service is excellent. They also have a nice little bar in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had two very good steaksFunLunchtimeVisitDined on 10/11/2014We had a Rib Eye and Petite Filet mingon. The steaks were very good. Enjoyed a chocolate cake afterward. Waitress was ok, but seemed like she was just trying to sell us portions. Other than that - would go back there if I was in the mood for a good steak!
- Great DinnerDiner1Dined on 10/10/2014Had a very nice time. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant.DavidDined on 10/8/2014The prime rib was some of the best that I have had. The roasted bone marrow appetizer was unusual and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superb!Luv2dineDined on 10/6/2014Aa always Rib Room and staff made my family dinner memorable. Food was outstanding and our server went above and beyond to exceed or expectations. This place is getting consistently better. We'll return here again.Special Features:
- Outstanding acorss the boardHeavenonaplateDined on 10/3/2014I love the Rib Room! Amazing that a "hotel" restaurant could be so consistently good! Sitting by the window, you can watch the spontaneous French Quarter second line folks having a ball...The "short" rib is far from short...Fabulous, fork tender...Service is unobtrusive and impeccable...Rib Room is especially beautiful at Christmas-time! Go see it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost very good.JerryVIPDined on 9/27/2014There was 6 of us. Creativity and quality was there however 2 prime Ribs and 2 Steaks over cooked and 2 steaks under cooked. Server must have been new. We had to pour our own wine for most of service, thats difficult with a decanter and we had 3 bottles.
- Not what I would call greatrtoddmDined on 9/27/2014I have to explain how I rate a restaurant. First I look at what I am expecting based on past reviews, location, look and feel of the place and of course the price. So for example if I was going to Applebee's and I paid that price and got the food that we received at the Rib Room, well I think the best I would give them is a 4 star. Yep - I felt that the food could have been much better, it wasn't just me it was all of my colleagues. Our server was great, and we were seated promptly. That is about the best I can rank this.
- Steaks& Prime RibJonTDined on 9/16/2014Best prime rib I gave had in a long time. The bone-in filet was outstanding as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterLyndaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Our water Richard was wonderful, very funny and very informative. It was my daughters 30th birthday and they made it very memorable.Special Features:
- 5 star!coleworld504Dined on 9/13/2014This restraunt truly does deserve a 5 star rating. I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and we were well taken care of. Fantastic accommodations by 2 of the managers, Myles & Allan. The staff was wonderful. Food was delicious (hence I waited all day to eat a meal because I knew I was coming here.) Want a pleasent dining experience? This is the route to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply perfectIndydinerVIPDined on 9/12/2014We had perfect service. The food was excellent and the wine was great. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014A great choice for our last evening in NOLA. A classy and elegant place for a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50 years of good foodGuidoBrunettiVIPDined on 9/11/2014Ever since the waiter ran down the street to buy peanut butter for my 4 year old sister's sandwich, the Rib Room has been a family favourite. It continues to serve high quality American food with a dash of New Orleans panache in a restful setting, suitable for graduation lunches, romantic dinners or a break on a work day. We made a brunch reservation so we could make sure to get some eggs sardou, but the luncheon menu prime rib always pleases. Ask for a window seat on Royal Street.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperiencedavidVIPDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I simply enjoyed this restaurant immensely. The food and ambience were a welcome relief compared to other supposed "elegant" restaurants in New Orleans. Located in the Hotel Monteleone, this restaurant is a great find and just off the French Quarter. The food is great and the service is exceptional. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent mealKsa55Dined on 8/16/2014All I can say was the food was great and so was the service! Our prime rib was cooked to perfection. The Asian Pear Salad was delicious and so were the Brussels Sprouts. We will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Prime ribGreatlittlespotVIPDined on 8/16/2014Been wanting to visit this place for a while and I must say it was very good. We both got the prime rib and it didn't dissapoint. Brussels sprouts were delicious and the amuse Bouche ( red bean humus) was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining ExperienceCJTravelerDined on 8/1/2014The Rib Room provides a wonderful dining experience. It has great ambiance, friendly and attentive service, and a menu that can satisfy any taste. My prime rib was great as was my wife's shrimp. This is the second time in two years that I have visited this restaurant, and it will continue to be on my list of preferred places to dine should I return to New Orleans. This is a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 431 reviews are from the The Rib Room at the Omni Royal Orleans reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/23/2014We come to NOLA often and despite all of the fine restaurants, we always make sure we come to the Rib Room. The dining room is quiet, service top notch with a very professional and friendly staff. As the name implies, it is a beef restaurant and I usually go for the prime rib which is tender, juicy and flavorful. Very good wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Great serviceRMB1258Dined on 7/12/2014My wife and I went there for our anniversary. The staff is great, they took very good care of us. The steaks (Prime Ribs) were ok nothing to write home about… The only thing that stuck out is the bread is served in a paper bag…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hubby's FAVORITE resturant!kackielovesfinediningDined on 7/11/2014Forty years ago, we shared a fabulous "special" dinner here, the second evening of our married life. It was FABULOUS then and still is our "go to special occasion" place. Prime Rib and onion soup the BEST!!!Special Features:
- ClaireDined on 7/11/2014Lovely room - nice basic food in a city where spicy reigns. Nice dinner, not great.Special Features:
- FantasticLuv2dineDined on 7/11/2014I came with my daughter to celebrate her bday. We ordered smoked salmon with caviar for appetizer and it was delicious. For entree we got fish and steak. Each dish was great presented and flavorful. Service through entire night was implacable. It's place to go in NOLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th anniTerrazzoDogDined on 6/28/201430th Wedding Anniversary dinner. Everything was wonderful. Started with cocktails in Touche then moved into the dining room. We could not have asked for better ambiance, service or food.Special Features:
- Always specialdocs2Dined on 6/28/2014We love coming here. This restaurant has been a wonderful place for great cuts of prime rib for years and it did not fail us. We celebrated our sons birthday a couple of nights ago. Excellent service, decent though not spectacular bar, perfect food. Most of us had the prime rib with lashings of creme fraiche,horseradish and the sauce au jus. Good appetizers, salads and sides. One typically orders the baked potato with the meat but I've found that their roasted cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and asparagus are very good tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodFoodie123Dined on 6/19/2014Every course was excellent. Tartar, bone marrow, excellent steak and sides. Dessert was also well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in New OrleansNOLAFOODIEDined on 6/19/2014For someone who is a real steak lover living in New Orleans I've struggled to find a truly great Steak in the city. Thats was, until I ate the Rib Room. The ribeye I ordered was cooked to perfection and was truly a special steak, unlike anything else I've tried in New Orleans. Every side dish and appetizer we ordered was fun, exciting, unique and absolutely delicious. This is not your typical boring steak house menu with the standard sides and apps, every dish had real character and tasted absolutely amazing. The appetizers used amazingly fresh local ingredients to make dishes that were new and exciting. There isn't one single thing on the whole menu I wouldn't recommend ordering. Best steak in New Orleans, period!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousFoodieDined on 6/13/2014The Rib Room was lovely - food fabulous - wait staff and entire staff very friendly and courteous. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The rib roomchefbenDined on 5/26/2014the rib room was awesome, the food was delicious, service was amazing and the dining room was stunning. I recommend the Rib Room to anyone who is in the New Orleans area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monica garnerMonicaDined on 5/23/2014The food was great and so was the waiter! I love the prime rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.