The Rib Room at the Omni Royal Orleans
621 Saint Louis Street
New Orleans, LA 70140Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
The Rib Room at the Omni Royal Orleans
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ribroomneworleans.com/
- Phone: 5045297045
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily, 6:30am - 10:30am. Brunch: Sunday, 11:30am - 2:30pm. Lunch: Monday - Thursday and Saturday, 11:30am - 2:00pm; Friday, 11:30am - 2:30pm. Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 6:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday, 6:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for information about our catering services.
- Private Party Facilities: We have four separate private areas in the Rib Room, from wine cellars to a balcony view overlooking the main dining room. Please call us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Food and Beverage Office 5045297045
- Entertainment: Fri - Sat 6:00pm - 9:00pm - Jazz Pianist and Vocalist Sunday 11:30am - 2:30pm - Jazz Brunch (trio w/ classic New Orleans Jazz)
A word from The Rib Room at the Omni Royal Orleans
For 50 years The Rib Room has enjoyed its reputation for outstanding food and service. Patrons have found the massive windows facing Royal Street the perfect backdrop for Crescent City dining. The woody, Old English atmosphere and high ceiling invite guests to sit back and stay awhile. The softly lit and equally comfortable Rib Room bar offers the ideal setting for sophisticated beverages and extensive wine cellar selections. In the restaurant's wine cellar, diners requiring privacy may choose from the "Pipkin", "Wine Cellar", or "Roundtable" rooms, perfect for small gatherings; each discreetly removed from the main dining floor. On the upper level of the Rib Room we feature a private room for groups up to 40 guests. Winner of the prestigious Zagat Award, The Rib Room offers classics such as slow roasted prime rib of beef, aged steaks, fresh Louisiana seafood, and champagne brunch on Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Rib Room at the Omni Royal Orleans - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
The Rib Room at the Omni Royal Orleans reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)romantic (32)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (15)scenic view (14)great for brunch (12)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent ExperiencedavidVIPDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I simply enjoyed this restaurant immensely. The food and ambience were a welcome relief compared to other supposed "elegant" restaurants in New Orleans. Located in the Hotel Monteleone, this restaurant is a great find and just off the French Quarter. The food is great and the service is exceptional. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent mealKsa55Dined on 8/16/2014All I can say was the food was great and so was the service! Our prime rib was cooked to perfection. The Asian Pear Salad was delicious and so were the Brussels Sprouts. We will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Prime ribGreatlittlespotDined on 8/16/2014Been wanting to visit this place for a while and I must say it was very good. We both got the prime rib and it didn't dissapoint. Brussels sprouts were delicious and the amuse Bouche ( red bean humus) was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining ExperienceCJTravelerDined on 8/1/2014The Rib Room provides a wonderful dining experience. It has great ambiance, friendly and attentive service, and a menu that can satisfy any taste. My prime rib was great as was my wife's shrimp. This is the second time in two years that I have visited this restaurant, and it will continue to be on my list of preferred places to dine should I return to New Orleans. This is a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/23/2014We come to NOLA often and despite all of the fine restaurants, we always make sure we come to the Rib Room. The dining room is quiet, service top notch with a very professional and friendly staff. As the name implies, it is a beef restaurant and I usually go for the prime rib which is tender, juicy and flavorful. Very good wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Great serviceRMB1258Dined on 7/12/2014My wife and I went there for our anniversary. The staff is great, they took very good care of us. The steaks (Prime Ribs) were ok nothing to write home about… The only thing that stuck out is the bread is served in a paper bag…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hubby's FAVORITE resturant!kackielovesfinediningDined on 7/11/2014Forty years ago, we shared a fabulous "special" dinner here, the second evening of our married life. It was FABULOUS then and still is our "go to special occasion" place. Prime Rib and onion soup the BEST!!!Special Features:
- ClaireDined on 7/11/2014Lovely room - nice basic food in a city where spicy reigns. Nice dinner, not great.Special Features:
- FantasticLuv2dineDined on 7/11/2014I came with my daughter to celebrate her bday. We ordered smoked salmon with caviar for appetizer and it was delicious. For entree we got fish and steak. Each dish was great presented and flavorful. Service through entire night was implacable. It's place to go in NOLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th anniTerrazzoDogDined on 6/28/201430th Wedding Anniversary dinner. Everything was wonderful. Started with cocktails in Touche then moved into the dining room. We could not have asked for better ambiance, service or food.Special Features:
- Always specialdocs2Dined on 6/28/2014We love coming here. This restaurant has been a wonderful place for great cuts of prime rib for years and it did not fail us. We celebrated our sons birthday a couple of nights ago. Excellent service, decent though not spectacular bar, perfect food. Most of us had the prime rib with lashings of creme fraiche,horseradish and the sauce au jus. Good appetizers, salads and sides. One typically orders the baked potato with the meat but I've found that their roasted cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and asparagus are very good tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodFoodie123Dined on 6/19/2014Every course was excellent. Tartar, bone marrow, excellent steak and sides. Dessert was also well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in New OrleansNOLAFOODIEDined on 6/19/2014For someone who is a real steak lover living in New Orleans I've struggled to find a truly great Steak in the city. Thats was, until I ate the Rib Room. The ribeye I ordered was cooked to perfection and was truly a special steak, unlike anything else I've tried in New Orleans. Every side dish and appetizer we ordered was fun, exciting, unique and absolutely delicious. This is not your typical boring steak house menu with the standard sides and apps, every dish had real character and tasted absolutely amazing. The appetizers used amazingly fresh local ingredients to make dishes that were new and exciting. There isn't one single thing on the whole menu I wouldn't recommend ordering. Best steak in New Orleans, period!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousFoodieDined on 6/13/2014The Rib Room was lovely - food fabulous - wait staff and entire staff very friendly and courteous. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The rib roomchefbenDined on 5/26/2014the rib room was awesome, the food was delicious, service was amazing and the dining room was stunning. I recommend the Rib Room to anyone who is in the New Orleans area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monica garnerMonicaDined on 5/23/2014The food was great and so was the waiter! I love the prime rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad dinner and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2014I worked at this hotel 38 years ago. Planned a Nostalgic trip back to New Orleans, celebrating our 32 wedding anniversary with a dinner at the Rib Room. In short, this was a devastating experience to say the least. My lovely wife could not eat the duck, the chicken liver appetizer was a joke. Service was non existing . On a positive note, the wine was perfect and the Asst. manager took of my wife's meal from the check. Last night's dinner at R'evolution at the Sonesta hotel made up for the shortcoming of the Royal Orleans Omni Hotel.Special Features:
- FantasticPgunnDined on 5/17/2014Went for a special occasion. Everything was perfect. Staff was great.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchBigDandtheRockDined on 5/11/2014We had a WONDERFUL dining experience for Mother's Day Brunch! It was our first time dining there, & our server Kenneth was AWESOME! He made absolute sure we had a good experience. The food was good, service was impeccable & Ronnie Lamarque even treated us to a snappy rendition of "When You Smile, the Whole World Smiles With You!" It was one of our most enjoyable Mother's Day & we will DEFINITELY return to the Rib Room for a regular dinner and or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rib Room is a MUST!Boxill112198Dined on 5/9/2014There isn't one thing negative we could say about our experience at the Rib room. It is by far one of the most beautiful restaurants we have dined at in New Orleans! The ambiance was outstanding, the service wonderful, and the food amazing!! We could not have picked a better place to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday dinner! We absolutely will be back!! Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Fine French Quarter DiningRobsreviewDined on 5/9/2014Enjoyed superb food surroundings, supported by excellent service in a classic French Quarter restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysLuv2dineDined on 5/8/2014Good experience as always. Food was great and very friendly service . Place to go in FQ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Dinnerluv2eatVIPDined on 5/5/2014We found ourselves in the rib room for the second time this month. On this occasion we enjoyed the tuna, what a great piece of fish along with the bone-in filet which was cooked beautifully. For an appetizer we shared the bone marrow and steak tartare both were executed beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 412 reviews are from the The Rib Room at the Omni Royal Orleans reviews archive.
- Great jazz brunchLocalsDined on 5/4/2014My husband & I can for brunch & got jazz music, great service, & fabulous food. What else could you ask for? Even with the strolling jazz musicians we could have a conversation and enjoy ourselves. The service was wonderful, you never go without. The prime rib is a known favorite, but the BBQ shrimp appetizer is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dinner ExperiencenoladinerDined on 5/1/2014Dinner in the Rib Room was a great experience. Service was attentive, but not overbearing; and the food was superb all around. We will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSnasticusDined on 4/26/2014Great service and ambience. I ordered the New York strip, it was the best steak I have ever had. Great experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service!PappysFanDined on 4/25/2014Came here on the Friday night of Jazzfest. Service and food were phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Lunch - Rib Room is the besttuffcluckDined on 4/25/2014Friday Lunch at the Rib Room is always a New Orleans tradition. They have $2 martinis that are doubles and are always delish. This time, we all forewent the prime rib (their specialty) and had the debris po' boys. They were fantastic. The service was great and the martinis, well, didn't disappoint. You should do this once if you haven't before.Special Features:
- great steak and seafoodluv2eatVIPDined on 4/19/20141/2 the table had steaks and 1/2 had the grouper. The ravioli appetizer was out of this world. Everything was great. We will definetly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/14/2014You are only as good as the service provide today. Very disappointed in the service, which has been great in the past. Will be a long time before The Rib room has another chance.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014The service was lacking. A gentleman sitting behind us who actually was seated after we were was complaining loudly about not being acknowledge. The manager came over to appease him. After his appetizer, his main course actually came out before ours did. My husband and I were not please but decided not to complain. We had to flag a helper to get the check. The Prime rib was ok. The only thing I enjoyed was the grilled liver appetizer. I will not recommend this place. There are much better places to eat with excellent service and taste in New Orleans. So Disappointed!!!Special Features:
- Superb, classical diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014The food was excellent. The service very friendly in a good way,somewhat formal but not overly so. Very old world. Atmosphere is restrained but not stuffy. Everyone from the receptionist to the manager were welcoming . This is a wonderful oasis in what has become a very brash city. Our meals were well presented and delicious. Would definitely return to this restaurant. Pricing is very reasonable considering the quality of both food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedJohnQCustomerDined on 3/28/2014Nice looking place. Food tasted good, but it was just warm not hot. Service was good.Special Features:
- Disappointed in this LunchheaddocsVIPDined on 3/21/2014I have been to the Rib Room several times and this was the worst experience that I have had there. I have had good service here, but this time it was bad. The server was slow and her assistants were just standing near the bar rather than refilling water, bread, and & as one would expect. She asked if I wanted anchovies on my salad and I said no. However, it still came with them. When she saw them sitting on the plate, there was no acknowledgement of the incorrect order. However the worse service came from the cocktail waitress who seems to focus on talking/flirting/networking with 2 older gentleman than serve drinks to other customers. I might give the Rib Room another shot, because it has been good before, but this was a bad meal!
- Dinner and LunchPhilDined on 3/18/2014Used the Rib Room on a number of occasions for business entertaining. Overall very good, friendly service. Suitable for the more formal and special occasions. Food very good. At times service was a little slow. Great location in French QuarterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatthreeormoreDined on 3/14/2014great food and time there......very satisfied........... a repeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding beefBonedoc56Dined on 3/14/2014Good but not great service...the baked potatoes were not very warm and had to be returned. Very nice atmosphere and great Prime Rib. I had a Short rib which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best lunch in N'AwlinsDrewDined on 3/14/2014I travel to the city occasionally on business, the Friday lunch here is not to be beat if you can host the $2 Martini special. Food and service are p with the best I have had around the world, not stuffy but not too familiar eitherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great service!PhilDined on 3/12/2014We had a very nice dinner for four. They had a little trouble timing the meal, the various steaks and Prime Rib were inconsistent in how we ordered them and how we got them. Lamb ordered medium rare was medium well, Prime Rib ordered more on the done side was too rare. Seemed like it was going to be a hassle to send it back. Service was great and what saved the meal was the quality of the meat. Will definitely go back, will be more insistent on doneness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The RIB Room is a Family FAVE!DallasLunchLadyDined on 3/11/2014All I can say is the MEAT, The MEAT, The MEAT - it is one of the best values on the high end in the Quarter for the delicious Filet, Porkchop and Prime Rib. We got three entrees and some sides and split it between the four of us. Our kids, 10 and 12, loved the Rib Room so much, we went twice.Special Features: