The Rib Room at the Omni Royal Orleans
621 Saint Louis Street
New Orleans, LA 70140Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
The Rib Room at the Omni Royal Orleans
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ribroomneworleans.com/
- Phone: 5045297045
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily, 6:30am - 10:30am. Brunch: Sunday, 11:30am - 2:30pm. Lunch: Monday - Thursday and Saturday, 11:30am - 2:00pm; Friday, 11:30am - 2:30pm. Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 6:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday, 6:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for information about our catering services.
- Private Party Facilities: We have four separate private areas in the Rib Room, from wine cellars to a balcony view overlooking the main dining room. Please call us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Food and Beverage Office 5045297045
- Entertainment: Fri - Sat 6:00pm - 9:00pm - Jazz Pianist and Vocalist Sunday 11:30am - 2:30pm - Jazz Brunch (trio w/ classic New Orleans Jazz)
A word from The Rib Room at the Omni Royal Orleans
For 50 years The Rib Room has enjoyed its reputation for outstanding food and service. Patrons have found the massive windows facing Royal Street the perfect backdrop for Crescent City dining. The woody, Old English atmosphere and high ceiling invite guests to sit back and stay awhile. The softly lit and equally comfortable Rib Room bar offers the ideal setting for sophisticated beverages and extensive wine cellar selections. In the restaurant's wine cellar, diners requiring privacy may choose from the "Pipkin", "Wine Cellar", or "Roundtable" rooms, perfect for small gatherings; each discreetly removed from the main dining floor. On the upper level of the Rib Room we feature a private room for groups up to 40 guests. Winner of the prestigious Zagat Award, The Rib Room offers classics such as slow roasted prime rib of beef, aged steaks, fresh Louisiana seafood, and champagne brunch on Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Rib Room at the Omni Royal Orleans - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
The Rib Room at the Omni Royal Orleans reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)romantic (34)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (20)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (15)scenic view (12)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Excellent SteaksLuv2dineDined on 10/18/2014Great place with great food. We ordered steaks and they were perfectly cooked and and side of grits and mushrooms were outstanding. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Perfect for special occasionmmellowDined on 10/14/2014The restaurant made us feel special knowing we were celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary and ended with a special triple chocolate cake on the house. The prime ribs were perfectly done. We enjoyed the view of the French Quarter out our window. The service couldn't be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great JAZZ Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014This place had a wonderful Jazz Brunch and had a three piece Jazz group who came around to each table taking requests. The food was pretty tasty, but a little expensive. I had a the moss salad, which is sort of like a Chicken Cesar. It was really good, and a nice break from all the fried foods NOLA has to offer. The bread is AMAAAAZING. The service is excellent. They also have a nice little bar in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had two very good steaksFunLunchtimeVisitDined on 10/11/2014We had a Rib Eye and Petite Filet mingon. The steaks were very good. Enjoyed a chocolate cake afterward. Waitress was ok, but seemed like she was just trying to sell us portions. Other than that - would go back there if I was in the mood for a good steak!
- Great DinnerDiner1Dined on 10/10/2014Had a very nice time. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant.DavidDined on 10/8/2014The prime rib was some of the best that I have had. The roasted bone marrow appetizer was unusual and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superb!Luv2dineDined on 10/6/2014Aa always Rib Room and staff made my family dinner memorable. Food was outstanding and our server went above and beyond to exceed or expectations. This place is getting consistently better. We'll return here again.Special Features:
- Outstanding acorss the boardHeavenonaplateDined on 10/3/2014I love the Rib Room! Amazing that a "hotel" restaurant could be so consistently good! Sitting by the window, you can watch the spontaneous French Quarter second line folks having a ball...The "short" rib is far from short...Fabulous, fork tender...Service is unobtrusive and impeccable...Rib Room is especially beautiful at Christmas-time! Go see it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost very good.JerryVIPDined on 9/27/2014There was 6 of us. Creativity and quality was there however 2 prime Ribs and 2 Steaks over cooked and 2 steaks under cooked. Server must have been new. We had to pour our own wine for most of service, thats difficult with a decanter and we had 3 bottles.
- Not what I would call greatrtoddmDined on 9/27/2014I have to explain how I rate a restaurant. First I look at what I am expecting based on past reviews, location, look and feel of the place and of course the price. So for example if I was going to Applebee's and I paid that price and got the food that we received at the Rib Room, well I think the best I would give them is a 4 star. Yep - I felt that the food could have been much better, it wasn't just me it was all of my colleagues. Our server was great, and we were seated promptly. That is about the best I can rank this.
- Steaks& Prime RibJonTDined on 9/16/2014Best prime rib I gave had in a long time. The bone-in filet was outstanding as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterLyndaVIPDined on 9/14/2014Our water Richard was wonderful, very funny and very informative. It was my daughters 30th birthday and they made it very memorable.Special Features:
- 5 star!coleworld504Dined on 9/13/2014This restraunt truly does deserve a 5 star rating. I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and we were well taken care of. Fantastic accommodations by 2 of the managers, Myles & Allan. The staff was wonderful. Food was delicious (hence I waited all day to eat a meal because I knew I was coming here.) Want a pleasent dining experience? This is the route to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply perfectIndydinerVIPDined on 9/12/2014We had perfect service. The food was excellent and the wine was great. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014A great choice for our last evening in NOLA. A classy and elegant place for a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50 years of good foodGuidoBrunettiVIPDined on 9/11/2014Ever since the waiter ran down the street to buy peanut butter for my 4 year old sister's sandwich, the Rib Room has been a family favourite. It continues to serve high quality American food with a dash of New Orleans panache in a restful setting, suitable for graduation lunches, romantic dinners or a break on a work day. We made a brunch reservation so we could make sure to get some eggs sardou, but the luncheon menu prime rib always pleases. Ask for a window seat on Royal Street.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperiencedavidVIPDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I simply enjoyed this restaurant immensely. The food and ambience were a welcome relief compared to other supposed "elegant" restaurants in New Orleans. Located in the Hotel Monteleone, this restaurant is a great find and just off the French Quarter. The food is great and the service is exceptional. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent mealKsa55Dined on 8/16/2014All I can say was the food was great and so was the service! Our prime rib was cooked to perfection. The Asian Pear Salad was delicious and so were the Brussels Sprouts. We will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Prime ribGreatlittlespotVIPDined on 8/16/2014Been wanting to visit this place for a while and I must say it was very good. We both got the prime rib and it didn't dissapoint. Brussels sprouts were delicious and the amuse Bouche ( red bean humus) was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining ExperienceCJTravelerDined on 8/1/2014The Rib Room provides a wonderful dining experience. It has great ambiance, friendly and attentive service, and a menu that can satisfy any taste. My prime rib was great as was my wife's shrimp. This is the second time in two years that I have visited this restaurant, and it will continue to be on my list of preferred places to dine should I return to New Orleans. This is a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/23/2014We come to NOLA often and despite all of the fine restaurants, we always make sure we come to the Rib Room. The dining room is quiet, service top notch with a very professional and friendly staff. As the name implies, it is a beef restaurant and I usually go for the prime rib which is tender, juicy and flavorful. Very good wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Great serviceRMB1258Dined on 7/12/2014My wife and I went there for our anniversary. The staff is great, they took very good care of us. The steaks (Prime Ribs) were ok nothing to write home about… The only thing that stuck out is the bread is served in a paper bag…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hubby's FAVORITE resturant!kackielovesfinediningDined on 7/11/2014Forty years ago, we shared a fabulous "special" dinner here, the second evening of our married life. It was FABULOUS then and still is our "go to special occasion" place. Prime Rib and onion soup the BEST!!!Special Features:
- ClaireDined on 7/11/2014Lovely room - nice basic food in a city where spicy reigns. Nice dinner, not great.Special Features:
- FantasticLuv2dineDined on 7/11/2014I came with my daughter to celebrate her bday. We ordered smoked salmon with caviar for appetizer and it was delicious. For entree we got fish and steak. Each dish was great presented and flavorful. Service through entire night was implacable. It's place to go in NOLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 426 reviews are from the The Rib Room at the Omni Royal Orleans reviews archive.
- 30th anniTerrazzoDogDined on 6/28/201430th Wedding Anniversary dinner. Everything was wonderful. Started with cocktails in Touche then moved into the dining room. We could not have asked for better ambiance, service or food.Special Features:
- Always specialdocs2Dined on 6/28/2014We love coming here. This restaurant has been a wonderful place for great cuts of prime rib for years and it did not fail us. We celebrated our sons birthday a couple of nights ago. Excellent service, decent though not spectacular bar, perfect food. Most of us had the prime rib with lashings of creme fraiche,horseradish and the sauce au jus. Good appetizers, salads and sides. One typically orders the baked potato with the meat but I've found that their roasted cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and asparagus are very good tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in New OrleansNOLAFOODIEDined on 6/19/2014For someone who is a real steak lover living in New Orleans I've struggled to find a truly great Steak in the city. Thats was, until I ate the Rib Room. The ribeye I ordered was cooked to perfection and was truly a special steak, unlike anything else I've tried in New Orleans. Every side dish and appetizer we ordered was fun, exciting, unique and absolutely delicious. This is not your typical boring steak house menu with the standard sides and apps, every dish had real character and tasted absolutely amazing. The appetizers used amazingly fresh local ingredients to make dishes that were new and exciting. There isn't one single thing on the whole menu I wouldn't recommend ordering. Best steak in New Orleans, period!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodFoodie123Dined on 6/19/2014Every course was excellent. Tartar, bone marrow, excellent steak and sides. Dessert was also well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousFoodieDined on 6/13/2014The Rib Room was lovely - food fabulous - wait staff and entire staff very friendly and courteous. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The rib roomchefbenDined on 5/26/2014the rib room was awesome, the food was delicious, service was amazing and the dining room was stunning. I recommend the Rib Room to anyone who is in the New Orleans area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monica garnerMonicaDined on 5/23/2014The food was great and so was the waiter! I love the prime rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad dinner and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2014I worked at this hotel 38 years ago. Planned a Nostalgic trip back to New Orleans, celebrating our 32 wedding anniversary with a dinner at the Rib Room. In short, this was a devastating experience to say the least. My lovely wife could not eat the duck, the chicken liver appetizer was a joke. Service was non existing . On a positive note, the wine was perfect and the Asst. manager took of my wife's meal from the check. Last night's dinner at R'evolution at the Sonesta hotel made up for the shortcoming of the Royal Orleans Omni Hotel.Special Features:
- FantasticPgunnDined on 5/17/2014Went for a special occasion. Everything was perfect. Staff was great.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchBigDandtheRockDined on 5/11/2014We had a WONDERFUL dining experience for Mother's Day Brunch! It was our first time dining there, & our server Kenneth was AWESOME! He made absolute sure we had a good experience. The food was good, service was impeccable & Ronnie Lamarque even treated us to a snappy rendition of "When You Smile, the Whole World Smiles With You!" It was one of our most enjoyable Mother's Day & we will DEFINITELY return to the Rib Room for a regular dinner and or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rib Room is a MUST!Boxill112198Dined on 5/9/2014There isn't one thing negative we could say about our experience at the Rib room. It is by far one of the most beautiful restaurants we have dined at in New Orleans! The ambiance was outstanding, the service wonderful, and the food amazing!! We could not have picked a better place to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday dinner! We absolutely will be back!! Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Fine French Quarter DiningRobsreviewDined on 5/9/2014Enjoyed superb food surroundings, supported by excellent service in a classic French Quarter restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysLuv2dineDined on 5/8/2014Good experience as always. Food was great and very friendly service . Place to go in FQ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Dinnerluv2eatVIPDined on 5/5/2014We found ourselves in the rib room for the second time this month. On this occasion we enjoyed the tuna, what a great piece of fish along with the bone-in filet which was cooked beautifully. For an appetizer we shared the bone marrow and steak tartare both were executed beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great jazz brunchLocalsDined on 5/4/2014My husband & I can for brunch & got jazz music, great service, & fabulous food. What else could you ask for? Even with the strolling jazz musicians we could have a conversation and enjoy ourselves. The service was wonderful, you never go without. The prime rib is a known favorite, but the BBQ shrimp appetizer is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.