1290 University Avenue Suite A
Rochester, NY 14607Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.therevelryroc.com/
- Phone: 5853406454
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: 11:30am-4:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am-3:00pm; Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Derrick DePorter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room will accommodate 14 seated or 24 standing. The 2nd floor of our restaurant will also accommodate 40 seated and 60 standing. We also have a private Chef"s table in our wine cellar that will seat 6.
- Private Party Contact: Josh Miles 5853406454
A word from The Revelry
The Revelry is a restaurant and bar in the Neighborhood of the Arts in Rochester, New York. We serve honest American cuisine that honors the Lowcountry of the South. Our beverage offerings will reflect our passion for artisan, high quality spirits, wine, and beer. Our service reflects that of a bygone era. We delight in the art of serving our fellow human beings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Revelry - Best Restaurants in Rochester ›
The Revelry reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (103)vibrant bar scene (88)special occasion (79)neighborhood gem (66)hot spot (62)great for outdoor dining (51)notable wine list (43)romantic (39)good for groups (38)late-night find (22)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (15)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Too much for bad bar food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Bartender made me an Old Fashioned when I ordered a Manhattan. My burger was ok, but I asked for the egg over hard and got it runny. My fries were burned. I did not complain, but they comped the burger when I didn't eat it, so they knew they should not have served it. I would have said something, but food took almost an hour and we did not want to wait.
- Lunch at RevelryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Great atmosphere and service. My only recommendation is to expand your lunch menu with two or three more offerings. Other than that, a great spot for lunch and even better for dinner or socializing.Special Features:
- Good service, good foodKoreandinerDined on 10/14/2014Our waiter was great. The food was pretty good. Mac & Cheese and cornbread was amazing. The pouisson (chicken) my fiance had but stated there was to many bones. The risotto felt like they just threw ingredients together put it was cooked perfectly. Apple crisp was the perfect end!Special Features:
- Not enough food for the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I had the duck-it was good. I didn't get a salad or a side because the entrees were so pricey that I didn't want to pay the extra money. I had 1 drink w/my meal, & w/tax & tip, it came to $52.00 & I left hungry. (And I am not a big eater.) HUGE negative: They don't give you FREE bread, which they SHOULD, because their portions are so small! If I had ordered enough food to make me feel satisfied, my meal would've been $65.00 or more. NOT WORTH THE MONEY! It was my 2nd time (I wasn't psyched the 1st time, either, but they had just opened.) The waitress knew a lot about he menu which was great.
- solid dinning experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Food was great. Service was also great. Will go again and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and fun drinksDisappointed2014VIPDined on 10/10/2014Our first time, drinks were good and food was good. Overpriced.Special Features:
- Very accomodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014I made a reservation for my anniversary and went pretty early (around 5:30). The Rev was great! Attentive waitress, she answered all of our questions and helped me figure out good choices for my gluten issues. We even got a glass of free champagne to celebrate! Overall, a great attention to detail and service. I'm so happy we decided to go here! The food itself was great- the pork belly..whoa! That alone was worth it. My entree, the duck, didn't blow me away, but it was quite good. I only wish the portions were a tad larger. But really, the pork belly.... mm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Nightariot22Dined on 10/9/2014Loved the atmosphere but most of all the food. There wasn't one thing out of our meal we didn't like. Definitely coming back asap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinksBucketheadDined on 10/3/2014The whiskey drinks are outstanding and can only be out shined by the food.Special Features:
- AmazingHairballDined on 9/27/2014The food was spectacular. Seriously. The pickled deviled eggs were better than u thought possible. Even the catfish was fancy and delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeHennyDined on 9/27/2014Overall, the Revelry provided for a good dining experience. The food was above par - the corn soup was good and comforting. The best part about the restaurant is the interior - three stories with a wine cellar base room room, the bar, and a third floor dining area. There is no scenic view from the windows, but the presentation on the food is enough to keep your eyes on your plate. My scallops were incredibly salty, so avoid those if you are not looking for that flavor profile. I would recommend the Relvery for a romantic right out or special occasion with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Fantastic!mamie27Dined on 9/25/2014We ordered the gnocchi appetizer special - best gnocchi I've ever had! The sauce was superb - rich and satisfying. Scallops (as main course) were great - and risotto extra creamy and comforting. Biscuits soft and flaky. Very good dining experience. We ate outside as it was a bit noisy inside. Outside much better for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect FittryharderDined on 9/25/2014My husband and I were looking for a place to enjoy the beautiful weather we've been having with an outdoor dinner, complete with sunset, before it gets too cold to do so. We decided to check out The Revelry. Our outdoor table was perfect, our meal was delicious and a visual delight and Ted, our server, well let's just say I wish we were friends! The golden tree, the retreating gulls flying high overhead, the cool jazzy music, we give you the highest rating possible. It was an exceptional dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaDined on 9/24/2014Excellent lunch!! Table was comfortable and bright, food and drinks were great, and service was perfect. Will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service - 2.5 hoursgoldeng8rDined on 9/19/2014Cordial server, but very slow kitchen. My coffee cup had food "caked" in it. I won't return.Special Features:
- Great Food but noiseyvenividiDined on 9/17/2014The food and service was outstanding. I am handicapped so I was forced to sit at a table on the first floor adjacent to the bar area. While I expected loud conversational noise from the bar area, the piped in music was so loud that when, accompanied by conversational noise from the bar are, it was almost impossible for the four of us at our table to carry on a conversation without shouting. The same was true for the tables adjacent to us. We asked our waiter to turn down the music a bit so that we could converse. Hr reluctantly did so for a while but mid way through dinner the volume resumed.We would have lingered after dinner to have a drink but the noise was so loud, we just left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceAshinthefallsDined on 9/14/2014My fiancée and I had enjoyed brunch at The Revelry in the late afternoon this past weekend and what an experience. The menu was unique yet could not do justice to the delicious food! Everything that came to us was full of flavor and seasoned perfectly. We opted to sit at the bar (we had heard REALLY great things about the cocktail list here) and it did not disappoint. The two bartenders that were on were AMAZING at their job and willing to answer all of the questions we had (Thank you Mack!). You see, liquors and mixes at The Revelry are all unique, they purchase very different concoctions and actually make everything else in house. We loved our experience and are hoping that we can find a reason to go back to Rochester to visit again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to pleaseMissingNewMexicoDined on 9/9/2014The Revelry continues to be one of our favorite spots in Rochester. The food is fantastic (red fish tacos - OMG!) and service is second to none.Special Features:
- The Revelry RulesBroadwayJVIPDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant provides a first-rate dining experience, combining tasty and unusual food selections with impeccable service. Every member of the staff made me and my guests feel welcome and appreciated. What a pleasure it was to introduce out of town friends to one of Rochester's newer dining locations. They rated it the best Rochester dining spot that they had sampled. Bravo!Special Features:
- Friendly and HipVeeStarDined on 9/6/2014Service and ambiance great but menu mediocre, not bad but not memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EXPERIENCEGunshotJoeDined on 9/6/2014First at the Revelry, enjoyed everything about it. Delicious food and service. The waiter made wonderful suggestions and hospitable. Everyone in my party enjoyed their food, it was just the right portion. The food was tasty and visually pleasant. Great over all experience, I can't wait to recommend this place to othersSpecial Features:
- The BEST place in townSciencebunnyDined on 9/2/2014I am a serious foodie and I DEFINITELY know food. This is the best place in town - hands down. They make the best cocktails in town. The waitstaff is educated in not only the menu and how things are made, but also in how to create a comfortable and inviting environment. I've had almost everything on the menu before and it is all good. I've never been disappointed. I always order a basket of biscuits, because again, it's the only place in town with a good biscuit - light, fluffy and flavorful. The waitstaff is well-trained to create a warm, inviting environment. They are also well-educated regarding how dishes are made as well as helping the customer select a meal that would suit what he/she is looking for. They do everything well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find!ginzodudeDined on 9/2/2014Loved this place! Found it via TripAdvisor and glad we did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Quiet Summer EveningDocbob1Dined on 8/30/2014We decided to eat outside at the Revelry and although there was a threat of rain it never showed. My wife uses a walker so dinning out was perfect. The service, food and everything were outstanding and we could not ask for more. My wife had the smoked pasta with shrimp and I had the Southern Fried Quail with Waffle and we shared a dessert. The only problem we had was that there were too many yellow jackets flying around our table. We highly recommend this place and it is now on our favorite list.Special Features:
- 5ate5Dined on 8/29/2014The food was good but nothing more spectacular then other places and yet the price was higher then other great places (especially in light of the portion sizes). Also the beer list was lacking so while I was happy with the cocktail selection, it's maybe not the best place for a group if you have friends who like a beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!AnnieADined on 8/29/2014Took a friend from DC here for dinner because the menu looked different an appealing. We had a 5:30 reservation. We ordered cocktails from the cocktail menu which had a creative variety, not the typical martini menu. We had one made with rye and another with gin and enjoyed both. Service was very helpful and attentive. We had fried green tomatoes and a special salad for the night that was beautiful - beets on homemade ricotta with fresh fruit. They were delicious. Our main courses were duck and quail. Both were excellent. For dessert we had goat cheese panna cotta with fruit and strawberry shortcake. The panna cotta was terrific, the shortcake was ok. My friend compared Revelry to a top DC restaurant. I look forward to returning soonSpecial Features:
- great foodeaterDined on 8/27/2014wait staff is outstanding. very knowledgeable and helpful. I don't drink alcohol so can't say if there is an extensive wine list or not. barmaid was not taken aback at all when I said I don't drink and made me a good not too sweet drink. only drawback and the reason for a 4 instead of five on the service is that after the restaurant got busy, our dessert was slow to come. since the place is a cool place, we didn't mind the waitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLuvgoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014We found a blog about manhattan style dining in other parts of NY. This blew us away. The food, the drinks, just everything was amazing. I would absolutely come back. The smoked duck tacos were so good! The Mac n cheese was a great surprise with how scrumptious if what's. Do yourself a favor, come here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedTypicalDinerDined on 8/22/2014Maybe my expectations were too high, but my wife and I were totally underwhelmed by the Revelry. The food was okay, but not to the quality that I was expecting and was higher priced then other trendy restaurants in Rochester. The drinks weren't served at the right temperatures (wine too cold and beer on the warm side). The food was well cooked (ex: good sear on the scallops) but was over priced given the smaller protein portions - we left hungry and grabbed a snack when we got home. Based on the meal experience, we didn't bother trying the desserts. Stark ambiance and wait staff seemed very new. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a horrible experience, but well below our expectations and left us wishing we had gone to another restaurant.
- Need to add a service bartenderDonTDined on 8/21/2014The menu, particularly the cocktail menu, is unique, with interesting combinations not found elsewhere. But even the best cocktail in the world isn't the best cocktail in the world if you can't get it to the table. Plenty of serving staff who are obviously well-trained, but not terribly experienced, so not so efficient. We were seated, no bread, snacks, etc. and ordered a drink. 20 minutes later, drinks came. Ordered a second drink halfway through the meal that didn't arrive until the meal had been finished. The food service, while relaxed, was not similarly slow, so I suspect the problem is no service bartender (didn't see one on the way in or out). I understand the cocktails are unique and take a bit more to mix; no excuse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!KitKatDined on 8/19/2014The atmosphere, decor, and of course the food made my evening. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern charm all around!ChinDined on 8/19/2014A pretty space with yummy and different luncheon fare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outdatenightDined on 8/16/2014The food was really good, especially the duck tacos! Our waiter was exceptional, very knowledgeable and friendly. The only downside was the wait for drinks at the bar before dinner. We arrived at the restaurant a 1/2 hr before the reservation so we could have a drink before dinner. We waited 15 minutes for our drinks to be made / served to us. 15 minutes for a gin and tonic is way too long, especially for the amount of people they had working behind the bar vs. the amount of people @ the bar.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencePatrickDined on 8/13/2014My girlfriend and I has a great time for dinner. The grouper was excellent as were the fried green tomatoes. I also love their wine list which has a great selection of Italian wines at reasonable prices. We'll be back to try the fried chicken for two.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014Service: we received nice attention from the restaurant owner. He also willingly gave us a complimentary vegetarian version of a dish after some confusion. The waiter had to double check one order and forgot another order. Food: brunch was delicious, everyone liked the dishes. The shrimp and grits was excellent, although it had some extras we weren't expecting (pearl onions). The grilled watermelon salad, collards, and huevos rancheros were excellent. The brunch portions were too small. Noise: the music was too loud and it was difficult to carry on conversation. Ambience: Beautiful.Special Features:
- The whole packageSciencebunnyDined on 8/9/2014I've tried a lot of restaurants in Rochester and this is the place that really stands out. The drinks are delicious and the food is well-executed and nicely presented. The waitstaff is well-trained and provides excellent service. By that, I mean service that is warm, inviting, informative and anticipated your needs. Huge thumbs up for this place.Special Features:
- Great serviceCampOraDined on 8/8/2014Great service - but one of the meals was a little dry.Special Features:
- Great Food and DrinksvenividiDined on 8/6/2014The food was outstanding. Te duck breast with grits and the duck tortillas were particularly good. We ate outside and the service on the whole was quite good but pre- dinner drinks could have been served in a more timely manner and we had eaten a good part of our dinner had been eaten before the glasses of wine, which were ordered when dinner was served, were delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!AMCoffeeholicDined on 8/2/2014A friend recommended The Revelry for our anniversary dinner. It is amazing! The service was wonderful...our water glasses were never empty and all who visited our table were friendly and helpful. Our waitress was fantastic and had a great knowledge of the menu. I can't say enough about how delicious the food was! Fresh and different! We ordered about 6 different things and it was all amazing! Our favorites were the beet deviled eggs and the fried green tomatoes! I have recommended this restaurant to everyone I talk to! It is definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Beautiful experience from start to finish, exceptional serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.