1290 University Avenue Suite A
Rochester, NY 14607Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.therevelryroc.com/
- Phone: 5853406454
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: 11:30am-4:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am-3:00pm; Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Derrick DePorter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room will accommodate 14 seated or 24 standing. The 2nd floor of our restaurant will also accommodate 40 seated and 60 standing. We also have a private Chef"s table in our wine cellar that will seat 6.
- Private Party Contact: Josh Miles 5853406454
A word from The Revelry
The Revelry is a restaurant and bar in the Neighborhood of the Arts in Rochester, New York. We serve honest American cuisine that honors the Lowcountry of the South. Our beverage offerings will reflect our passion for artisan, high quality spirits, wine, and beer. Our service reflects that of a bygone era. We delight in the art of serving our fellow human beings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Revelry - Best Restaurants in Rochester ›
The Revelry reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (111)vibrant bar scene (99)special occasion (85)neighborhood gem (68)hot spot (67)great for outdoor dining (61)notable wine list (51)good for groups (45)romantic (40)late-night find (30)great for lunch (24)great for brunch (22)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Wonderful ExperienceAshinthefallsDined on 9/14/2014My fiancée and I had enjoyed brunch at The Revelry in the late afternoon this past weekend and what an experience. The menu was unique yet could not do justice to the delicious food! Everything that came to us was full of flavor and seasoned perfectly. We opted to sit at the bar (we had heard REALLY great things about the cocktail list here) and it did not disappoint. The two bartenders that were on were AMAZING at their job and willing to answer all of the questions we had (Thank you Mack!). You see, liquors and mixes at The Revelry are all unique, they purchase very different concoctions and actually make everything else in house. We loved our experience and are hoping that we can find a reason to go back to Rochester to visit again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to pleaseMissingNewMexicoDined on 9/9/2014The Revelry continues to be one of our favorite spots in Rochester. The food is fantastic (red fish tacos - OMG!) and service is second to none.Special Features:
- The Revelry RulesBroadwayJVIPDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant provides a first-rate dining experience, combining tasty and unusual food selections with impeccable service. Every member of the staff made me and my guests feel welcome and appreciated. What a pleasure it was to introduce out of town friends to one of Rochester's newer dining locations. They rated it the best Rochester dining spot that they had sampled. Bravo!Special Features:
- Friendly and HipVeeStarDined on 9/6/2014Service and ambiance great but menu mediocre, not bad but not memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EXPERIENCEGunshotJoeDined on 9/6/2014First at the Revelry, enjoyed everything about it. Delicious food and service. The waiter made wonderful suggestions and hospitable. Everyone in my party enjoyed their food, it was just the right portion. The food was tasty and visually pleasant. Great over all experience, I can't wait to recommend this place to othersSpecial Features:
- The BEST place in townSciencebunnyDined on 9/2/2014I am a serious foodie and I DEFINITELY know food. This is the best place in town - hands down. They make the best cocktails in town. The waitstaff is educated in not only the menu and how things are made, but also in how to create a comfortable and inviting environment. I've had almost everything on the menu before and it is all good. I've never been disappointed. I always order a basket of biscuits, because again, it's the only place in town with a good biscuit - light, fluffy and flavorful. The waitstaff is well-trained to create a warm, inviting environment. They are also well-educated regarding how dishes are made as well as helping the customer select a meal that would suit what he/she is looking for. They do everything well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find!ginzodudeDined on 9/2/2014Loved this place! Found it via TripAdvisor and glad we did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Quiet Summer EveningDocbob1Dined on 8/30/2014We decided to eat outside at the Revelry and although there was a threat of rain it never showed. My wife uses a walker so dinning out was perfect. The service, food and everything were outstanding and we could not ask for more. My wife had the smoked pasta with shrimp and I had the Southern Fried Quail with Waffle and we shared a dessert. The only problem we had was that there were too many yellow jackets flying around our table. We highly recommend this place and it is now on our favorite list.Special Features:
- 5ate5Dined on 8/29/2014The food was good but nothing more spectacular then other places and yet the price was higher then other great places (especially in light of the portion sizes). Also the beer list was lacking so while I was happy with the cocktail selection, it's maybe not the best place for a group if you have friends who like a beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!AnnieADined on 8/29/2014Took a friend from DC here for dinner because the menu looked different an appealing. We had a 5:30 reservation. We ordered cocktails from the cocktail menu which had a creative variety, not the typical martini menu. We had one made with rye and another with gin and enjoyed both. Service was very helpful and attentive. We had fried green tomatoes and a special salad for the night that was beautiful - beets on homemade ricotta with fresh fruit. They were delicious. Our main courses were duck and quail. Both were excellent. For dessert we had goat cheese panna cotta with fruit and strawberry shortcake. The panna cotta was terrific, the shortcake was ok. My friend compared Revelry to a top DC restaurant. I look forward to returning soonSpecial Features:
- great foodeaterDined on 8/27/2014wait staff is outstanding. very knowledgeable and helpful. I don't drink alcohol so can't say if there is an extensive wine list or not. barmaid was not taken aback at all when I said I don't drink and made me a good not too sweet drink. only drawback and the reason for a 4 instead of five on the service is that after the restaurant got busy, our dessert was slow to come. since the place is a cool place, we didn't mind the waitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLuvgoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014We found a blog about manhattan style dining in other parts of NY. This blew us away. The food, the drinks, just everything was amazing. I would absolutely come back. The smoked duck tacos were so good! The Mac n cheese was a great surprise with how scrumptious if what's. Do yourself a favor, come here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedTypicalDinerDined on 8/22/2014Maybe my expectations were too high, but my wife and I were totally underwhelmed by the Revelry. The food was okay, but not to the quality that I was expecting and was higher priced then other trendy restaurants in Rochester. The drinks weren't served at the right temperatures (wine too cold and beer on the warm side). The food was well cooked (ex: good sear on the scallops) but was over priced given the smaller protein portions - we left hungry and grabbed a snack when we got home. Based on the meal experience, we didn't bother trying the desserts. Stark ambiance and wait staff seemed very new. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a horrible experience, but well below our expectations and left us wishing we had gone to another restaurant.
- Need to add a service bartenderDonTDined on 8/21/2014The menu, particularly the cocktail menu, is unique, with interesting combinations not found elsewhere. But even the best cocktail in the world isn't the best cocktail in the world if you can't get it to the table. Plenty of serving staff who are obviously well-trained, but not terribly experienced, so not so efficient. We were seated, no bread, snacks, etc. and ordered a drink. 20 minutes later, drinks came. Ordered a second drink halfway through the meal that didn't arrive until the meal had been finished. The food service, while relaxed, was not similarly slow, so I suspect the problem is no service bartender (didn't see one on the way in or out). I understand the cocktails are unique and take a bit more to mix; no excuse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!KitKatDined on 8/19/2014The atmosphere, decor, and of course the food made my evening. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern charm all around!ChinDined on 8/19/2014A pretty space with yummy and different luncheon fare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outdatenightDined on 8/16/2014The food was really good, especially the duck tacos! Our waiter was exceptional, very knowledgeable and friendly. The only downside was the wait for drinks at the bar before dinner. We arrived at the restaurant a 1/2 hr before the reservation so we could have a drink before dinner. We waited 15 minutes for our drinks to be made / served to us. 15 minutes for a gin and tonic is way too long, especially for the amount of people they had working behind the bar vs. the amount of people @ the bar.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencePatrickDined on 8/13/2014My girlfriend and I has a great time for dinner. The grouper was excellent as were the fried green tomatoes. I also love their wine list which has a great selection of Italian wines at reasonable prices. We'll be back to try the fried chicken for two.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014Service: we received nice attention from the restaurant owner. He also willingly gave us a complimentary vegetarian version of a dish after some confusion. The waiter had to double check one order and forgot another order. Food: brunch was delicious, everyone liked the dishes. The shrimp and grits was excellent, although it had some extras we weren't expecting (pearl onions). The grilled watermelon salad, collards, and huevos rancheros were excellent. The brunch portions were too small. Noise: the music was too loud and it was difficult to carry on conversation. Ambience: Beautiful.Special Features:
- The whole packageSciencebunnyDined on 8/9/2014I've tried a lot of restaurants in Rochester and this is the place that really stands out. The drinks are delicious and the food is well-executed and nicely presented. The waitstaff is well-trained and provides excellent service. By that, I mean service that is warm, inviting, informative and anticipated your needs. Huge thumbs up for this place.Special Features:
- Great serviceCampOraDined on 8/8/2014Great service - but one of the meals was a little dry.Special Features:
- Great Food and DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014The food was outstanding. Te duck breast with grits and the duck tortillas were particularly good. We ate outside and the service on the whole was quite good but pre- dinner drinks could have been served in a more timely manner and we had eaten a good part of our dinner had been eaten before the glasses of wine, which were ordered when dinner was served, were delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!AMCoffeeholicDined on 8/2/2014A friend recommended The Revelry for our anniversary dinner. It is amazing! The service was wonderful...our water glasses were never empty and all who visited our table were friendly and helpful. Our waitress was fantastic and had a great knowledge of the menu. I can't say enough about how delicious the food was! Fresh and different! We ordered about 6 different things and it was all amazing! Our favorites were the beet deviled eggs and the fried green tomatoes! I have recommended this restaurant to everyone I talk to! It is definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Beautiful experience from start to finish, exceptional serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kelpamDined on 8/2/2014this was my first time here. the food was great, the staff was very friendly and heather was awesome.. she educated me on the cuisine and she knew her stuff!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/1/2014Awesome "old style" cocktails. Fried oysters and quail were very good. Fried okra and mac n' cheese wasnt as good as expected.Special Features:
- Fantastic timejeremiahfeltDined on 8/1/2014Great meal with my wife and another couple. The waitress was attentive, but strangely dramatic. Not in a bad way! The food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to The RevelryBroadwayJVIPDined on 7/30/2014Outstanding food and service at The Revelry mean that I will be a repeat patron. Our server, Dan, was personable and professional and made our visit a great one. The fare was tasty and the varied menu provided for many interesting choices. A brief chat with owner Jenna made the experience even more personal and pleasant. Bravo!Special Features:
- first time having brunch heredineNdashVIPDined on 7/27/2014This was our first time having brunch here! We enjoyed the pecan bun as an appetizer, and the shrimp and grits, and chicken and waffles as meals. The food was great, and it was a beautiful day to be outside. This was a wonderful way to celebrate a 60th birthday for my mother-in-law.Special Features:
- Open Table Reservation TimesroscoeDined on 7/26/20142 days before I visited the Open Table site to make a reservation for 2, was offered 5:45pm or earlier, 8:30pm or later. I took the 5:45pm. Food very good; service great, but several tables vacant throughout the evening and when we left at 7:20pm. Maybe I should have made a phone call for a 6:30pm or 7:30pm table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationstraceypoohDined on 7/25/2014So glad we finally made it to Revelry. Everything was fantastic from start to finish. A great addition to the Rochester dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!dineNdashVIPDined on 7/25/2014This was our second time here and we had a wonderful evening! The food and service were absolutely on point! We even made reservations for brunch here this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceDiningNot2OftenButWellDined on 7/23/2014We came on a Wednesday night so two of our party had the Chicken and Fixings which was excellent and would have been enough for all four of us. Both the menu and the wine list offered interesting options, including dishes with a Southern flair such as deep-friend quail, and a whole page of local Finger Lakes wines. Service was perfectly timed, attentive but never rushed. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- extremely sweet and the food delishgoldieDined on 7/19/2014This meal was a second date situation and I was so happy that our server was extremely sweet and the food delicious! I came off looking like a rock star for choosing a trendy place with truly special food.Special Features:
- Loved itlovetoeatoutDined on 7/19/2014I received a gift card to revelry for my birthday from my sons. We went on a rainy Saturday night. We wanted to sit outside in their patio area but I'm glad we ate inside after all. Everyone was very friendly and our server knew all the questions we asked in regards to the menu. The drinks were amazing. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The food was fabulous! I read the review in the City paper and it was as good if not better than what I had expected. The service was great and the parking easy. Our server was attentive but not overly so and her timing was right on. I would definitely recommend this as a go to restaurant for great food and terrific service.Special Features:
- outdoors yes,indoors notabletalkDined on 7/18/2014Revelry is a place to dine on a warm summer night, since outdoors is delightful and indoors is much too noisy. It was a crowded night with lots of young people enjoying themselves but the indoor din was too much for anyone over 50. Service was quite lovely and food was too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rochester stand-out!fabulousDined on 7/12/2014We have dined here many times since they opened one year ago (6/13) and it keeps getting better. Service is always top notch, the food is always interesting all well prepared. The menu appeals to foodies and also has a hamburger and a few simple things. The mixologist is amazing with all mixes and juices house-made each day. Bonus: Nice parking lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!LJ619Dined on 7/12/2014Food was phenomenal! I love scallops and the scallops there were the best I ever had! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- SouthernHoneyGaleFoodie3zDined on 7/11/2014Nice setting and food. I would say that the dessert menu needs a better selection. It's has a southern theme so the should follow with dessert like those wonderful cookies you give everyone should be on the menu to order more, pecan, sweet potatoe pie etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.