1290 University Avenue Suite A
Rochester, NY 14607Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.therevelryroc.com/
- Phone: 5853406454
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: 11:30am-4:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am-3:00pm; Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Derrick DePorter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room will accommodate 14 seated or 24 standing. The 2nd floor of our restaurant will also accommodate 40 seated and 60 standing. We also have a private Chef"s table in our wine cellar that will seat 6.
- Private Party Contact: Josh Miles 5853406454
A word from The Revelry
The Revelry is a restaurant and bar in the Neighborhood of the Arts in Rochester, New York. We serve honest American cuisine that honors the Lowcountry of the South. Our beverage offerings will reflect our passion for artisan, high quality spirits, wine, and beer. Our service reflects that of a bygone era. We delight in the art of serving our fellow human beings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Revelry - Best Restaurants in Rochester ›
The Revelry reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (104)vibrant bar scene (94)special occasion (81)neighborhood gem (63)hot spot (62)great for outdoor dining (57)notable wine list (46)good for groups (41)romantic (38)late-night find (27)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (22)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- 5ate5Dined on 8/29/2014The food was good but nothing more spectacular then other places and yet the price was higher then other great places (especially in light of the portion sizes). Also the beer list was lacking so while I was happy with the cocktail selection, it's maybe not the best place for a group if you have friends who like a beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!AnnieADined on 8/29/2014Took a friend from DC here for dinner because the menu looked different an appealing. We had a 5:30 reservation. We ordered cocktails from the cocktail menu which had a creative variety, not the typical martini menu. We had one made with rye and another with gin and enjoyed both. Service was very helpful and attentive. We had fried green tomatoes and a special salad for the night that was beautiful - beets on homemade ricotta with fresh fruit. They were delicious. Our main courses were duck and quail. Both were excellent. For dessert we had goat cheese panna cotta with fruit and strawberry shortcake. The panna cotta was terrific, the shortcake was ok. My friend compared Revelry to a top DC restaurant. I look forward to returning soonSpecial Features:
- AmazingLuvgoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014We found a blog about manhattan style dining in other parts of NY. This blew us away. The food, the drinks, just everything was amazing. I would absolutely come back. The smoked duck tacos were so good! The Mac n cheese was a great surprise with how scrumptious if what's. Do yourself a favor, come here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedTypicalDinerDined on 8/22/2014Maybe my expectations were too high, but my wife and I were totally underwhelmed by the Revelry. The food was okay, but not to the quality that I was expecting and was higher priced then other trendy restaurants in Rochester. The drinks weren't served at the right temperatures (wine too cold and beer on the warm side). The food was well cooked (ex: good sear on the scallops) but was over priced given the smaller protein portions - we left hungry and grabbed a snack when we got home. Based on the meal experience, we didn't bother trying the desserts. Stark ambiance and wait staff seemed very new. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a horrible experience, but well below our expectations and left us wishing we had gone to another restaurant.
- Need to add a service bartenderDonTDined on 8/21/2014The menu, particularly the cocktail menu, is unique, with interesting combinations not found elsewhere. But even the best cocktail in the world isn't the best cocktail in the world if you can't get it to the table. Plenty of serving staff who are obviously well-trained, but not terribly experienced, so not so efficient. We were seated, no bread, snacks, etc. and ordered a drink. 20 minutes later, drinks came. Ordered a second drink halfway through the meal that didn't arrive until the meal had been finished. The food service, while relaxed, was not similarly slow, so I suspect the problem is no service bartender (didn't see one on the way in or out). I understand the cocktails are unique and take a bit more to mix; no excuse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!KitKatDined on 8/19/2014The atmosphere, decor, and of course the food made my evening. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern charm all around!ChinDined on 8/19/2014A pretty space with yummy and different luncheon fare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outdatenightDined on 8/16/2014The food was really good, especially the duck tacos! Our waiter was exceptional, very knowledgeable and friendly. The only downside was the wait for drinks at the bar before dinner. We arrived at the restaurant a 1/2 hr before the reservation so we could have a drink before dinner. We waited 15 minutes for our drinks to be made / served to us. 15 minutes for a gin and tonic is way too long, especially for the amount of people they had working behind the bar vs. the amount of people @ the bar.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencePatrickDined on 8/13/2014My girlfriend and I has a great time for dinner. The grouper was excellent as were the fried green tomatoes. I also love their wine list which has a great selection of Italian wines at reasonable prices. We'll be back to try the fried chicken for two.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014Service: we received nice attention from the restaurant owner. He also willingly gave us a complimentary vegetarian version of a dish after some confusion. The waiter had to double check one order and forgot another order. Food: brunch was delicious, everyone liked the dishes. The shrimp and grits was excellent, although it had some extras we weren't expecting (pearl onions). The grilled watermelon salad, collards, and huevos rancheros were excellent. The brunch portions were too small. Noise: the music was too loud and it was difficult to carry on conversation. Ambience: Beautiful.Special Features:
- The whole packageSciencebunnyDined on 8/9/2014I've tried a lot of restaurants in Rochester and this is the place that really stands out. The drinks are delicious and the food is well-executed and nicely presented. The waitstaff is well-trained and provides excellent service. By that, I mean service that is warm, inviting, informative and anticipated your needs. Huge thumbs up for this place.Special Features:
- Great serviceCampOraDined on 8/8/2014Great service - but one of the meals was a little dry.Special Features:
- Great Food and DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014The food was outstanding. Te duck breast with grits and the duck tortillas were particularly good. We ate outside and the service on the whole was quite good but pre- dinner drinks could have been served in a more timely manner and we had eaten a good part of our dinner had been eaten before the glasses of wine, which were ordered when dinner was served, were delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!AMCoffeeholicDined on 8/2/2014A friend recommended The Revelry for our anniversary dinner. It is amazing! The service was wonderful...our water glasses were never empty and all who visited our table were friendly and helpful. Our waitress was fantastic and had a great knowledge of the menu. I can't say enough about how delicious the food was! Fresh and different! We ordered about 6 different things and it was all amazing! Our favorites were the beet deviled eggs and the fried green tomatoes! I have recommended this restaurant to everyone I talk to! It is definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Beautiful experience from start to finish, exceptional serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kelpamDined on 8/2/2014this was my first time here. the food was great, the staff was very friendly and heather was awesome.. she educated me on the cuisine and she knew her stuff!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/1/2014Awesome "old style" cocktails. Fried oysters and quail were very good. Fried okra and mac n' cheese wasnt as good as expected.Special Features:
- Fantastic timejeremiahfeltDined on 8/1/2014Great meal with my wife and another couple. The waitress was attentive, but strangely dramatic. Not in a bad way! The food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to The RevelryBroadwayJVIPDined on 7/30/2014Outstanding food and service at The Revelry mean that I will be a repeat patron. Our server, Dan, was personable and professional and made our visit a great one. The fare was tasty and the varied menu provided for many interesting choices. A brief chat with owner Jenna made the experience even more personal and pleasant. Bravo!Special Features:
- first time having brunch heredineNdashVIPDined on 7/27/2014This was our first time having brunch here! We enjoyed the pecan bun as an appetizer, and the shrimp and grits, and chicken and waffles as meals. The food was great, and it was a beautiful day to be outside. This was a wonderful way to celebrate a 60th birthday for my mother-in-law.Special Features:
- Open Table Reservation TimesroscoeDined on 7/26/20142 days before I visited the Open Table site to make a reservation for 2, was offered 5:45pm or earlier, 8:30pm or later. I took the 5:45pm. Food very good; service great, but several tables vacant throughout the evening and when we left at 7:20pm. Maybe I should have made a phone call for a 6:30pm or 7:30pm table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationstraceypoohDined on 7/25/2014So glad we finally made it to Revelry. Everything was fantastic from start to finish. A great addition to the Rochester dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!dineNdashVIPDined on 7/25/2014This was our second time here and we had a wonderful evening! The food and service were absolutely on point! We even made reservations for brunch here this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & serviceDiningNot2OftenButWellDined on 7/23/2014We came on a Wednesday night so two of our party had the Chicken and Fixings which was excellent and would have been enough for all four of us. Both the menu and the wine list offered interesting options, including dishes with a Southern flair such as deep-friend quail, and a whole page of local Finger Lakes wines. Service was perfectly timed, attentive but never rushed. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- extremely sweet and the food delishgoldieDined on 7/19/2014This meal was a second date situation and I was so happy that our server was extremely sweet and the food delicious! I came off looking like a rock star for choosing a trendy place with truly special food.Special Features:
- Loved itlovetoeatoutDined on 7/19/2014I received a gift card to revelry for my birthday from my sons. We went on a rainy Saturday night. We wanted to sit outside in their patio area but I'm glad we ate inside after all. Everyone was very friendly and our server knew all the questions we asked in regards to the menu. The drinks were amazing. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The food was fabulous! I read the review in the City paper and it was as good if not better than what I had expected. The service was great and the parking easy. Our server was attentive but not overly so and her timing was right on. I would definitely recommend this as a go to restaurant for great food and terrific service.Special Features:
- outdoors yes,indoors notabletalkDined on 7/18/2014Revelry is a place to dine on a warm summer night, since outdoors is delightful and indoors is much too noisy. It was a crowded night with lots of young people enjoying themselves but the indoor din was too much for anyone over 50. Service was quite lovely and food was too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rochester stand-out!fabulousDined on 7/12/2014We have dined here many times since they opened one year ago (6/13) and it keeps getting better. Service is always top notch, the food is always interesting all well prepared. The menu appeals to foodies and also has a hamburger and a few simple things. The mixologist is amazing with all mixes and juices house-made each day. Bonus: Nice parking lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!LJ619Dined on 7/12/2014Food was phenomenal! I love scallops and the scallops there were the best I ever had! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- SouthernHoneyGaleFoodie3zDined on 7/11/2014Nice setting and food. I would say that the dessert menu needs a better selection. It's has a southern theme so the should follow with dessert like those wonderful cookies you give everyone should be on the menu to order more, pecan, sweet potatoe pie etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!BrookeDined on 7/10/2014Oysters were perfect, cocktails are fun and delicious and dinner/service great. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnermommy1Dined on 7/5/2014The specialty drinks are fun and.delicious. The service was very poor. We waited a very long time before we saw our waiter. Then I had to flag another waiter down.to ask for a.glass of wine later. My friend's mac and cheese was not cooked even to al dente and the sauce was uninspired. Bottom line : Go for drinks and.skip the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantSandmanDined on 7/1/2014We were there midweek for an anniversary dinner. The bar was busy, and we chose to eat outside because it was still 80 degrees, and the arbor was inviting. Tuesday was Tikki Day so lots of silly cocktails on offer, maybe that's why the crowd seemed so young, which is unusual for a restaurant of this quality, and great to see. Food was good, (my wife's Cobia was better than my scallops), service was excellent, with some great wine suggestions, not too much $$. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something different in RochesterLoLo17Dined on 6/25/2014My husband and I visited earlier this week for our anniversary. The bar has a great happy hour atmosphere (The East Ender was awesome...somewhere between a gin and tonic and a mojito). We had the "Chicken n Fixins" for dinner (his choice, not mine...I wanted the quail, but you have to pick your battles) and while I'm generally not a fan of fried chicken, this was outstanding! The sides were great too - unique flavors! One thing to note with this special is everything comes out at once. I think next time I'd ask if they could bring the biscuits first so we have something to snack on while waiting. Our server was on top of things but not a hoverer. If it wasn't raining we would have loved to try to patio. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- RevelationJDDinerDined on 6/21/2014The Revelry never disappoints. Have dined here three times and stopped many times for drinks. The bar is great; the bartenders really know what they are doing. Service is fast and efficient in both dining and bar. The new outdoor seating is a must during great weather. Our server on this recent evening was both personable and efficient with an excellent sense of humor. Her recommendations were on the money and the suggested wine from JR Vineyards was an excellent choice. Inside dining can be a bit noisy but adds to the overall ambiance of the place.Special Features:
- Excellent ChoiceKnitPodoDined on 6/18/2014Food was excellent. The scallops were excellent. I thought the Duck appetizer was great, my partner not having ever had duck found it's flavour not to her taste. My greens salad was very fresh and a good mix of lettuces. The Beet salad was a surpsrise to see on a menu and was again well prepared and very tasteful. All of the staff was wonderfull. Everyone was friendly and professional. Just enough attention to our needs but not overwhelming. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okKitKatDined on 6/15/2014I was a little disappointed with the food despite what I had heard. Our food arrived not as hot as I would have liked it. The homemade doughnuts were great and the home made lemonade! Fried green tomato BLT had very little bacon and I was glad I had ordered an extra side of it. Even my coffee (the several cups I had) was served Luke-warm.Special Features:
- brunch just oktadaDined on 6/15/2014the sticky bun was phenomenal, the shrimp and grits were fabulous, but the crab cakes were bland and tasteless. mostly great food but I thought with such a small menu every item would be great. won't be ordering the crab cakes again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ummm good57wineDined on 6/14/2014Great time. It was a perfect restaurant for a Father's day dinner. Food was delicious. The waiter's and the server's were always pleasant. Always smiling and they were right there to fill our water glass it seemed like every three minutes. Great service. Will be back soon! Nice job accommodating five people. Thank you for a a really nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.