1290 University Avenue Suite A
Rochester, NY 14607Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.therevelryroc.com/
- Phone: (585) 340-6454
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: 11:30am-4:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am-3:00pm; Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Derrick DePorter
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room will accommodate 14 seated or 24 standing. The 2nd floor of our restaurant will also accommodate 40 seated and 60 standing. We also have a private Chef"s table in our wine cellar that will seat 6.
- Private Party Contact: Josh Miles 5853406454
A word from The Revelry
The Revelry is a restaurant and bar in the Neighborhood of the Arts in Rochester, New York. We serve honest American cuisine that honors the Lowcountry of the South. Our beverage offerings will reflect our passion for artisan, high quality spirits, wine, and beer. Our service reflects that of a bygone era. We delight in the art of serving our fellow human beings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
The Revelry - Best Restaurants in Rochester ›
The Revelry reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (100)vibrant bar scene (89)special occasion (80)hot spot (68)neighborhood gem (60)notable wine list (45)good for groups (43)romantic (39)great for outdoor dining (35)late-night find (20)great for lunch (18)great for brunch (15)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- The food great. Service horrible.NotrevelryingDined on 11/19/2014The food and atmosphere was excellent. They have a great attention to detail in their aesthetic. However, Our service was horrible. We waited 10 minutes for our wait staff to introduce themselves and then 20 minutes for the first drink. The drinks are well balanced and the food was clearly made with talent. Work on the service and wait staff.Special Features:
- Best Brunch in Rochester. Trendy, delicious, fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Everything about the Revelry is top-notch; the service is friendly & welcoming as soon as you get there. The staff seems like they really enjoy working there which makes the experience more enjoyable. We were there for a birthday brunch - the recommendations were excellent; tried the 'chef's special' flap jacks (huckleberry, candied pecans & maple syrup drizzle...um, amazing.) - lettuces with cornbreaded shrimp was light and refreshing - deep fried oysters - the atmosphere is great. Best brunch in Rochester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere and FoodFoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014We dined with friends here on a busy Saturday night. Reservations are a must. Our table was ready and waiting and nicely situated upstairs looking out the large windows at the front of the restaurant. Our server was knowledgeable and attentive and the food was outstanding. We had two interesting wines off the extensive wine list. My scallops were light and tasty, served over a wonderful corn hash. Two from our party really enjoyed the chicken pot pie special appetizers. The oysters were served with a very unusual and delicious mignonette sauce. All in all a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold foodChilledDined on 11/15/2014Went out for dinner with my wife on a Saturday night anticipating a great dining experience based on what we had both read about the restaurant and the menu options. We started with cocktails at the downstairs bars, which were great and came with warm, friendly bar service. However, dinner was not so great. Our starters were lukewarm, our main meals warmer by a degree or two, and our coffee cool to say the least. The food itself tasted great. Just not as hot as one would expect for a "high-end" restaurant on a chilly Fall/winter night. I debated whether to tip but the waitress was warm and friendly and made us feel welcome. Overall, we were really disappointed will be writing directly to the owners.Special Features:
- So-sonotimpressedDined on 11/15/2014Well...this restaurant is trying soooo hard. A bit too hard, I think. The menu was just a bit overly pretentious to be real good food. While I love an eclectic menu, this menu was limited while simultaneously being too complicated. Know what I mean? I think it would be a fun place to hang with friends for good cocktails, and I bet it is just lovely in the warm weather..the patio looked quite nice. But I will never go here again for dining out. Oh, one other negative: the loud, free-form jazz music was almost unbearably annoying!!!Special Features:
- First time and will be going back!GmanVIPDined on 11/14/2014The menu was more like a big city and deep menu. The offerings were wide spread and the food quality and tastes were excellent. Great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HelenDined on 11/7/2014I loved the restaurant, but the bar was very noisy, the food came a little cold and I missed some more known beer brands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great timeBucketheadDined on 11/7/2014Fourth time at the Revelry. Have yet to be disappointed. Food is fantastic but only outshined by the amazing drinks.Special Features:
- UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Food is very creative and delicious. Service is excellent!!Special Features:
- We love it here!hoyamomDined on 11/7/2014We have been to this restaurant a few times and the food is outstanding. The thing that stands out, in addition to the great food, is the impeccable service. They are completely committed to being sure your experience is wonderful. I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulcrazygeotolladyDined on 11/7/2014We are from out of town and visited on the recommendation of a friend of a friend. We enjoyed our visit tremendously, the food was imaginative and excellently prepared, flavorful without being over-seasoned. The staff was friendly and helpful. We look forward to coming back next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchingwhiteirisDined on 11/6/2014Took a good friend out to lunch for her birthday so wanted to take it up a notch. Enjoyed a spectacular cocktail (just one) the Vito I think and decided to come back asap to try others! The table seating was comfortable although I always prefer a booth for better conversing. Tables are spaced so there's plenty of room. Menu had just the right amount of selections and I'm always looking to try something new so I went for the Oyster Po' Boy. Very nicely presented and good; eat it quickly because the oysters loose their yum when cold. The birthday girl had the shrimp and grits and a smile on her face. Ambiance at the downstairs bar was spot and I plan on returning with hubs for sure.Special Features:
- Wow!FoodewannabeDined on 11/1/2014Drinks were amazing. Definitely try the Mr Mule. Food was outstanding. Mac and cheese appetizer was delicious. I had the scallops with bacon jam which was excellent. This place is s ten!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good vibe, good food, a bit loudHaro4funDined on 10/25/2014Overall our night out was a good experience. I had the venison and it was done to perfection, but it had cooled considerably before it was served. Try the corn bread if you go. Have it prior to your meal. Probably the best I've had. Salads were very fresh and well prepared. The dill vinaigrette on Lettuces was an awesome twist to standard vinaigrette dressing. Overall we had a good experience even if the noise level was a little intense at times.Special Features:
- We'll be backAMK1Dined on 10/22/2014Cool bar. Fun drinks. GREAT FOOD! REALLY INTERESTING FOOD!Special Features:
- GREAT VIBE AND FOOD100DDDined on 10/19/2014Enjoyed our Sunday brunch at the Revelry. Fun space, good food, and great drinks. You'll be glad you went!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnernew2clevelandDined on 10/18/2014We were one of several tables of people celebrating fall anniversaries on an October Saturday night. The restaurant was really alive. There were lots of tables full of vibrant people. Our table was ready about 30 seconds after we walked into the door, and our wait staff was really on their game and took care of us well even though the restaurant was full. The Wine list was nicely varied and had both Finger Lakes wines (which I appreciated) as well as a wide selection of European wines. The wine prices were incredibly reasonable for what we were drinking. The food was prompt, arranged beautifully and cooked perfectly. All in all, it was a very nice night.Special Features:
- High aspirationsURDadDined on 10/18/2014Ambitious menu. Our group had the short ribs, venison and a burger, with the chicken fried oysters and a salad of local lettuces to start. Interesting sounding dishes but the only one of us who thought their dish was as well executed as it could be was he with the burger. She with the short ribs found them low on taste, and my venison was tough in parts, fine in others. Attractive dishes but unremarkable overall. The complimentary cookies at the end were notable for having the most taste. The service was friendly but a little choppy, and we had different servers bringing us different courses. The place was very attractive and looked to have a great bar scene.Special Features:
- Too much for bad bar food.SHHHDined on 10/17/2014Bartender made me an Old Fashioned when I ordered a Manhattan. My burger was ok, but I asked for the egg over hard and got it runny. My fries were burned. I did not complain, but they comped the burger when I didn't eat it, so they knew they should not have served it. I would have said something, but food took almost an hour and we did not want to wait.
- Lunch at RevelryebeckbestDined on 10/16/2014Great atmosphere and service. My only recommendation is to expand your lunch menu with two or three more offerings. Other than that, a great spot for lunch and even better for dinner or socializing.Special Features:
- Good service, good foodKoreandinerDined on 10/14/2014Our waiter was great. The food was pretty good. Mac & Cheese and cornbread was amazing. The pouisson (chicken) my fiance had but stated there was to many bones. The risotto felt like they just threw ingredients together put it was cooked perfectly. Apple crisp was the perfect end!Special Features:
- Not enough food for the moneyPeppermintPattyDined on 10/11/2014I had the duck-it was good. I didn't get a salad or a side because the entrees were so pricey that I didn't want to pay the extra money. I had 1 drink w/my meal, & w/tax & tip, it came to $52.00 & I left hungry. (And I am not a big eater.) HUGE negative: They don't give you FREE bread, which they SHOULD, because their portions are so small! If I had ordered enough food to make me feel satisfied, my meal would've been $65.00 or more. NOT WORTH THE MONEY! It was my 2nd time (I wasn't psyched the 1st time, either, but they had just opened.) The waitress knew a lot about he menu which was great.
- solid dinning experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Food was great. Service was also great. Will go again and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and fun drinksDisappointed2014VIPDined on 10/10/2014Our first time, drinks were good and food was good. Overpriced.Special Features:
- Very accomodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014I made a reservation for my anniversary and went pretty early (around 5:30). The Rev was great! Attentive waitress, she answered all of our questions and helped me figure out good choices for my gluten issues. We even got a glass of free champagne to celebrate! Overall, a great attention to detail and service. I'm so happy we decided to go here! The food itself was great- the pork belly..whoa! That alone was worth it. My entree, the duck, didn't blow me away, but it was quite good. I only wish the portions were a tad larger. But really, the pork belly.... mm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Nightariot22Dined on 10/9/2014Loved the atmosphere but most of all the food. There wasn't one thing out of our meal we didn't like. Definitely coming back asap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinksBucketheadDined on 10/3/2014The whiskey drinks are outstanding and can only be out shined by the food.Special Features:
- AmazingHairballDined on 9/27/2014The food was spectacular. Seriously. The pickled deviled eggs were better than u thought possible. Even the catfish was fancy and delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeHennyDined on 9/27/2014Overall, the Revelry provided for a good dining experience. The food was above par - the corn soup was good and comforting. The best part about the restaurant is the interior - three stories with a wine cellar base room room, the bar, and a third floor dining area. There is no scenic view from the windows, but the presentation on the food is enough to keep your eyes on your plate. My scallops were incredibly salty, so avoid those if you are not looking for that flavor profile. I would recommend the Relvery for a romantic right out or special occasion with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Fantastic!mamie27Dined on 9/25/2014We ordered the gnocchi appetizer special - best gnocchi I've ever had! The sauce was superb - rich and satisfying. Scallops (as main course) were great - and risotto extra creamy and comforting. Biscuits soft and flaky. Very good dining experience. We ate outside as it was a bit noisy inside. Outside much better for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect FittryharderDined on 9/25/2014My husband and I were looking for a place to enjoy the beautiful weather we've been having with an outdoor dinner, complete with sunset, before it gets too cold to do so. We decided to check out The Revelry. Our outdoor table was perfect, our meal was delicious and a visual delight and Ted, our server, well let's just say I wish we were friends! The golden tree, the retreating gulls flying high overhead, the cool jazzy music, we give you the highest rating possible. It was an exceptional dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaDined on 9/24/2014Excellent lunch!! Table was comfortable and bright, food and drinks were great, and service was perfect. Will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service - 2.5 hoursgoldeng8rDined on 9/19/2014Cordial server, but very slow kitchen. My coffee cup had food "caked" in it. I won't return.Special Features:
- Great Food but noiseyvenividiDined on 9/17/2014The food and service was outstanding. I am handicapped so I was forced to sit at a table on the first floor adjacent to the bar area. While I expected loud conversational noise from the bar area, the piped in music was so loud that when, accompanied by conversational noise from the bar are, it was almost impossible for the four of us at our table to carry on a conversation without shouting. The same was true for the tables adjacent to us. We asked our waiter to turn down the music a bit so that we could converse. Hr reluctantly did so for a while but mid way through dinner the volume resumed.We would have lingered after dinner to have a drink but the noise was so loud, we just left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceAshinthefallsDined on 9/14/2014My fiancée and I had enjoyed brunch at The Revelry in the late afternoon this past weekend and what an experience. The menu was unique yet could not do justice to the delicious food! Everything that came to us was full of flavor and seasoned perfectly. We opted to sit at the bar (we had heard REALLY great things about the cocktail list here) and it did not disappoint. The two bartenders that were on were AMAZING at their job and willing to answer all of the questions we had (Thank you Mack!). You see, liquors and mixes at The Revelry are all unique, they purchase very different concoctions and actually make everything else in house. We loved our experience and are hoping that we can find a reason to go back to Rochester to visit again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to pleaseMissingNewMexicoDined on 9/9/2014The Revelry continues to be one of our favorite spots in Rochester. The food is fantastic (red fish tacos - OMG!) and service is second to none.Special Features:
- The Revelry RulesBroadwayJVIPDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant provides a first-rate dining experience, combining tasty and unusual food selections with impeccable service. Every member of the staff made me and my guests feel welcome and appreciated. What a pleasure it was to introduce out of town friends to one of Rochester's newer dining locations. They rated it the best Rochester dining spot that they had sampled. Bravo!Special Features:
- Friendly and HipVeeStarDined on 9/6/2014Service and ambiance great but menu mediocre, not bad but not memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT EXPERIENCEGunshotJoeDined on 9/6/2014First at the Revelry, enjoyed everything about it. Delicious food and service. The waiter made wonderful suggestions and hospitable. Everyone in my party enjoyed their food, it was just the right portion. The food was tasty and visually pleasant. Great over all experience, I can't wait to recommend this place to othersSpecial Features:
- The BEST place in townSciencebunnyDined on 9/2/2014I am a serious foodie and I DEFINITELY know food. This is the best place in town - hands down. They make the best cocktails in town. The waitstaff is educated in not only the menu and how things are made, but also in how to create a comfortable and inviting environment. I've had almost everything on the menu before and it is all good. I've never been disappointed. I always order a basket of biscuits, because again, it's the only place in town with a good biscuit - light, fluffy and flavorful. The waitstaff is well-trained to create a warm, inviting environment. They are also well-educated regarding how dishes are made as well as helping the customer select a meal that would suit what he/she is looking for. They do everything well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.