The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
5050 Arroyo Rd.
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wentevineyards.com/restaurant/
- Phone: 9254562450
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am -2:30pm
Dinner: 5:00 – 8:00 Sunday - Monday
5:00 - 9:00 Tuesday - Saturday
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Matt Greco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Serving the Greater Bay Area, Catering with Wente Vineyards provides a full range of personalized catering options. From intimate gatherings to large celebrations, family to corporate events, Wente Vineyards infuses its wine country style into every occasion. Catering with Wente Vineyards shares The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards philosophy to use the very best sustainably and organically grown local ingredients to create sublime wine country fare. Executive Catering Chef Jeff Farlow leads the catering team.
- Entertainment: Northern California’s most unique concert experiences, The Concerts at Wente Vineyards offer the ultimate entertainment experience by combining stellar performances by top name headliners with the stunning ambiance of a spectacular vineyard setting. Harry Connick Jr, Sheryl Crow, Bill Cosby, James Taylor, Kenny Loggins, The Fray and Natalie Merchant are among the performers who have appeared at Wente. For more information, visit us online at www.wentevineyards.com/concerts.
- Special Events: Wente Vineyards can accommodate a variety of special events including rehearsal dinners, showers, anniversaries and other occasions. Our historic, hand-dug sandstone caves are perfect for private wine tastings and other events.
A word from The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards features ingredient-driven California wine country cuisine using sustainably and organically grown local ingredients. While the menu holds its foundation in American dishes, it is influenced by French and Italian provincial cuisine. The seasonal menu changes daily, utilizing produce from The Restaurant's on-site organic production garden. The award-winning wine list offers more than 1,000 selections, providing numerous options for wine pairings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards - Best Restaurants in Livermore ›
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards reviews from OpenTable diners
290 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (230)special occasion (227)notable wine list (174)romantic (160)scenic view (158)fit for foodies (153)great for lunch (135)great for brunch (111)good for groups (91)neighborhood gem (55)kid-friendly (18)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (8)Show More
- bobozoidDined on 10/17/2014We went there for our anniversary and it was a very pleasant night... We drove from Berkeley on a Friday night so we got there early and they promptly seated us... We had the ribeye for two which was perfect and the waiter recommended the perfect bottle of petite Sirah to go with our meal...Special Features:
- Excellent Experience4Agr8timeDined on 10/15/2014The service and ambiance was excellent from when we first walked. It was the perfect for my 38th wedding anniversary. Three days later my wife is still talking about her experience. Thank you! Wente'syou made my anniversary one of those great memories.Special Features:
- Things that make you say "hmmmm"BWNLadiesVIPDined on 10/12/2014For Xmas hubby&I were given $200 gift card here.We chose brunch to use it.We were seated promptly inside.Heather greeted us at our table eventually.Ordered drinks,cheese tray & sugar knots.Cheese & knots came first.She came & checked on us but had forgot our drinks.Drinks finally came.So far tastes good.She later took order,but came back to ask again as she forgot.Asked for another napkin, she forgot.Eggs Benedict good, potatoes great.Pork belly sandwich good.Second round drinks better than first.Gave her $200 gift card for check that was about 1/2 that amount.My husband joked that we would never see gift card again.Sure enough she put a receipt on table showing a "balance due" thanked us & said bye.No gift card.She found it eventually. HmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meanypickyVIPDined on 10/12/2014Food took forever to come but server was very good in keeping us informed and bringing more bread to tide us over.
- Went restaurantnoneDined on 10/11/2014Went there for my wife's birthday. Played their golf course in the afternoon then dinner at the restaurant. Food and wine were very good, service mostly good. A plus for the service was our servers' attention to my wife's food allergies and extra work with the kitchen to find something she could eat. Speed was not great though -- too long a wait between bread and salads in particular.Special Features:
- Delightful DinnerDoctorRVIPDined on 10/11/2014What a treat to entertain our dear friends from the East Coast to patio dining in October! The food and service were outstanding which made enjoying the spectacular setting all the better!Special Features:
- Delicious lunchA101Dined on 10/11/2014We were celebrating my niece's recent marriage so we took them out to lunch. We had very good service and delicious food on Saturday .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at wenteOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/10/2014My first time here with my girlfriend. The food and service were excellent. Two issues I had though was the party next us was loud and was using very coarse and vulgar language, NOT A PROBLEM WITH WENTE themselves. The second issue was there was a few flys that interrupted dinner and at one point landed on one our dishes, however hats off to the management our hostess for making it right and earning our business again. Thanks!Special Features:
- Very gourmetemmyDined on 10/8/2014Ended up just having chicken caesar salad so as to not eat just a hamburger. The chicken caesar salad was very good but I was disappointed in the menu for the day. Also had the pumpkin soup. it was creamy and sweet, well made and delicious but sweet is not generally my idea of soup. Other menu choices were very gourmet. We eat out a lot including some very excellent restaurants but just did not find an entree that we did not have to be asking, please define or describe this item. The pork entree included belly. Question: What is that? Answer: a strip of stomach that is curled up and deep fried. Just one piece alongside the rest of the entree. Oh.Special Features:
- Great spot!luv2eatVIPDined on 10/5/2014The restaurant at Wente Vineyards is a special place. We got there around 6 PM and sat outside for dinner. The food was very good as was the wine (of course). Had the Caesar Salad as an appetizer and the grilled pork chop as the main course. Both were excellent. The waiter was very attentive and extremely helpful with our dinner selections. Would definitely go back the next time I travel back to the Livermore area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacehrwomanDined on 10/5/2014Always a great place to go for a fantastic meal with outstanding service!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerLeeshyVIPDined on 10/4/2014We had reservations for an early Saturday dinner to celebrate our anniversary. We ordered the charcuterie plate as an appetizer. It was four different types of house made salami. They were good and well flavored, but did not come with anything else (bread, crackers?) It would have been nice if the server had explained which ones where what, we were left guessing as to the flavors. For the main course, I had the beef ravioli. They were DELICIOUS! Pasta was light, the filling was well flavored, and the sauce they served with it complimented it perfectly. My husband had the New York steak. We were surprised when it arrived cut, and was close to rare, not med rare. Was tasty but for the price I'd expect it to be cooked properly.Special Features:
- Romantic dinnerFamily1stDined on 10/3/2014Service and food was outstanding!! Would recommend wente and will be back! Felt very special and waited. Food was amazing and they have a fantastic wine selection. We will be back and we what to try the restaurant for lunch so they will are us again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weekend get awayFKS3Dined on 10/3/2014Dining at Wente Vineyards was a wonderful experience. Between the three of us, on the recommendation of our knowledgeable waiter, we ordered the lamb pastrami, the chardonnay tempura squash, the beef meatball, peanut pumpkin soup, the roasted cod, and the short rib ravioli. We loved every dish. The flavors of each dish were tasty and unique. We would go back again when we travel to that area.Special Features:
- Wife's Birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014My wife enjoyed one of her happiest birthday there at our lunch. Fantastic food & perfectly timed service.Special Features:
- WentelarrymacjrDined on 10/1/2014If you get there on a warm summer evening with no wind, you can't beat it Sit outside on the patio and enjoySpecial Features:
- Nice brunchFoodieforfunDined on 9/28/2014Brunch is nice especially if you can sit outside. We brought the kids and they enjoyed running around the gardens afterwards to burn off their food and then nap in the car!Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner!MandMsDined on 9/27/2014Our waitress was fantastic and was very attentive to our needs. All of the food we ordered was excellent, from the cheese platter appetizer to the Pork Chop and Steak my wife and I ordered. While definitely on the pricey side, we would come here again on another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEB1VIPDined on 9/27/2014kitchen was backed up at end of lunch service and our meal took a long time to come out of the kitchen. Waiter was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Livermore GemsedonaVIPDined on 9/26/2014Our dinner at Wente was exceptional. The lamb pastrami appetizer and filets were perfect. The service was also very good. We did have two complaints. The first: we wanted a Wente chardonnay (2012) and all they had to offer was a 2013. That should not happen at a restaurant that is connected to the winery. Second: Everything was going perfect until the young hostess (at 8:30) sat a group of six next to us. They had a young child of about 18mos and she put her highchair right behind me so I was in the path of any flying food. The child immediately started crying and made the rest of our meal unpleasant to the point of skipping dessert and coffee. The hostess should have sat them at the outer part of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LocationTonyDined on 9/26/2014A very pleasant spot for a lunch. Great outlook, good food - wine a bit expensive, thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantklscDined on 9/24/2014Always a visual, olfactory and culinary experience!Special Features:
- Just OKebgirlDined on 9/21/2014Went here for brunch and had to wait for a table despite having reservations. There was a charity event/auction going on on the lawn, so it was very noisy. The food is decent, but not worthy of the price. Portions are VERY conservative. Also, would love more wine options since they really only offer Wente & affiliated wines. Service was good, and our waiter was friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Great Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014It was our first time visiting Wente, and we had a very good experience. The grounds are well keeps and clean. On that day, the weather was perfect, staff was kind, polite, attentive and the food was exceptional. What was most memorable was the tasting room and the great selection available. I would recommend this to anyone for a romantic date, anniversary, or other major event.Special Features:
- Delicious but not filing.NickDined on 9/16/2014This was perhaps our fifth time to visit the restaurant in the last five years. The view was wonderful and so was the service. The food was somewhat strange, not a well balanced menu at all. I think that it had too many odd or specialty items. The portions were REALLY small. I wanted a salad with a lean protein. I had to settle for a grass fed ground beef burger with bleu cheese burger and changed the fries to a salad, but it was not enough salad so I had to order another salad. Really the salad was a small portion of butter lettuce, some radishes and six or seven pecans, and perhaps a bit of bleu cheese. Delicious but definitely not filling. But we had a wonderful time and the wait staff was great. The views are unparalleled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingConnieVIPDined on 9/16/2014Wente never fails to impress. Sitting outside in the early evening was heavenly. The cod and pork chops were perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pork chopbobbyDined on 9/16/2014pork chop was very tough but juicy. too chewy. not worth the price of the pork chopSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlysCarCarDined on 9/16/2014Service was not good, we were there for lunch waiter brought wrong dessert and just seemed overwhelmed. Disappointing - The flies were awful trying to eat while swatting at fliesSpecial Features:
- Wine Tasting and great restaurantNS50Dined on 9/14/2014Wine tasting was great then went to restaurant for brunch. Lots of great choices when great recommendations from waiter. Will be back again to try out their dinner menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gets better with agefood7carsDined on 9/13/2014Great dining experience!!! It has always been a nice restaurant, but during the last two years the menu, food, and wine list have been taken to the next level!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Beautiful warm weather day, plenty of covered outdoor seating. Attentive staff, good food, could have done without the table of golfers in the middle of us all who decided to have their meeting and discussion loudly over the top of everyone else have a leisurely Saturday lunch!Special Features:
- WOWMeddyVIPDined on 9/12/2014When The Restaurant at Wente is "on" it's hard to anything, but WOW. Menu, food quality, service were exceptional. So glad to see this valley icon staying relevant. Will be back soon, and hoping for a consistency to match this dinner. Kudos!!Special Features:
- CatitudeDined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed the restaurant, but tried to sit outside and the yellow jackets took over, so had to move inside. Once there the noise level detracted from the experience. They can't help the wildlife. Staff very attentive and friendly. Enjoyed the food. Waiter recommended green eggs and ham appetizer which was unique. Also recommended splitting a salad, which was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wente restaurant chargesLovetoeatDined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Wente winery. In case you haven't been there it is way way out by the VA Hospital. Brand martinis and manhattans are $14 which you would expect to pay in SF. The NY sirloin was $38 for a medium size steak properly cooked but served with a spicy vegetable hash which was a little hot. The cod on polenta was delicious. The Green Eggs with Ham (Dr Seuss appetizer) was without much flavor. The yolks were chopped on the bottom of the dish. Wines were moderately priced and good. Service attentive. A cool oasis on a hot (96 deg) afternoon. The tables were large and lots of business was being transacted.Special Features:
- Make a day out of itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Very convenient if you are wine tasting or using the other facilities at Wente.Special Features:
- somewhat disappointedEHF123Dined on 9/6/2014We have been to Wente restaurant several times before and always had good food and service, but this time the food was OK, but not stellar, and the service was indifferent. The server seemed disinterested and inclined to rush us to order our wine and food, and then totally inattentive. I had the pork chop which was very tasty, but it came with just the sauce - no sides, nothing. The others had pasta which was nice, but not special and rather small portions. All in all, I won't rush back there.
- Wow!blaineoDined on 9/5/2014The brief drive through the dry valley is more than worth it. The grounds are perfectly manicured. The inside and outside of the facility are welcoming and designed to please and enjoy. The servers are friendly, attentive, and doting on their customers. Then there is the food. A pleasure that defies description. I challenged the cod, and it was the best I had ever tasted. the Poulenta was heavenly. The flavors were perfectly balanced. My wife chose the chicken, and every bite was melt in your mouth wonderful. There would be absolutely no hesitation in going there again. It was a truly enjoyable experience. I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Enough is EnoughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Again we had a poor meal!!! The menu is so strange that my girlfriend and I could not find anything to eat. So she ordered a hamburger (which was good) and I settled on NY Steak. Steak was tuff and veges were so oily I could not eat them. Chef I believe you should have over the top strange things but the whole menu!!! You really need to come down and starting creating down to earth food. But I will be back not because of the food but the Ambiance and service! Please make some changes.Special Features:
- Still a great Restaurant but....UrchinDined on 9/3/2014We have been eating at the Wente Restaurant for 25 years and it is still a wonderful restaurant but.... the chef seems to be going out of his way to make sure that almost everything on the menu is "different or strange". Different is great for a few items as long as you have plenty of "normal" items but those seems to be fewer and fewer. We still miss the little plate of olives you were served upon being seated years ago, it was such a nice touch. The beauty of the surroundings and the restaurant itself make it a perfect place for a special occasion but the prices are so high now that it's not really an option for anything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!BeckyDined on 9/1/2014Wente's is consistently top notch and has been throughout the years. An enjoyable treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.