The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
5050 Arroyo Rd.
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wentevineyards.com/restaurant/
- Phone: 9254562450
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am -2:30pm
Dinner: 5:00 – 8:00 Sunday - Monday
5:00 - 9:00 Tuesday - Saturday
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Matt Greco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Serving the Greater Bay Area, Catering with Wente Vineyards provides a full range of personalized catering options. From intimate gatherings to large celebrations, family to corporate events, Wente Vineyards infuses its wine country style into every occasion. Catering with Wente Vineyards shares The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards philosophy to use the very best sustainably and organically grown local ingredients to create sublime wine country fare. Executive Catering Chef Jeff Farlow leads the catering team.
- Entertainment: Northern California’s most unique concert experiences, The Concerts at Wente Vineyards offer the ultimate entertainment experience by combining stellar performances by top name headliners with the stunning ambiance of a spectacular vineyard setting. Harry Connick Jr, Sheryl Crow, Bill Cosby, James Taylor, Kenny Loggins, The Fray and Natalie Merchant are among the performers who have appeared at Wente. For more information, visit us online at www.wentevineyards.com/concerts.
- Special Events: Wente Vineyards can accommodate a variety of special events including rehearsal dinners, showers, anniversaries and other occasions. Our historic, hand-dug sandstone caves are perfect for private wine tastings and other events.
A word from The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards features ingredient-driven California wine country cuisine using sustainably and organically grown local ingredients. While the menu holds its foundation in American dishes, it is influenced by French and Italian provincial cuisine. The seasonal menu changes daily, utilizing produce from The Restaurant's on-site organic production garden. The award-winning wine list offers more than 1,000 selections, providing numerous options for wine pairings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards - Best Restaurants in Livermore ›
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards reviews from OpenTable diners
297 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (238)special occasion (231)notable wine list (181)romantic (159)scenic view (159)fit for foodies (155)great for lunch (133)great for brunch (110)good for groups (93)neighborhood gem (58)kid-friendly (23)hot spot (15)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- FabulousBWNLadiesVIPDined on 10/29/2014The best meal we have ever had here. We ordered the rib eye steak for 2 but it served 3 of us and still brought home enough for dinner for us all tomorrow. The steak was so tender and tasty and cooked nice and rare just like we like it. The tempura kale and the tempura squash was out of this world. Michael was the best waiter and made up for the things that went wrong by the waitress, Heather, that served us last time at brunch. She will not be waiting on us again. We thanked Michael and let him know about our last experience since the restaurant had not responded. He let the manager know and she made up for it by buying us a round of drinks. Renewed my faith in this restaurant. I want Michael to wait on us next time too.Special Features:
- Always Good In Every WayHungryD99Dined on 10/26/2014The Wente winery is very close to our house, so we've eaten there many times and have always thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It's possibly one of the best restaurants in the entire bay area. Excellent food, wines and vibe...the total package. It's quietly located in the SE corner of the Livermore Valley that's full of vineyards. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Fall Sunday BrunchCapioDined on 10/26/2014I hosted a family brunch for 10 and surprised that my event was located on the lower floor of the restaurant, a private room for business meetings with one large table that holds very comfortably 12 guests. I had assumed we were going to be in their main dining room with such a large party. I would have liked to been notified of this set up at the time I reserved, since there are no elevators for the elderly. It actually worked out very nicely, especially with 2 toddlers running around in the privacy of the room. The service was very attentive to our needs. The menu selections were a variety of seasonal vegetables like pumpkin and pomegranate perfect for the Fall. Overall, a delightful and wonderful dining experience for a special treat for the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Great food, make sure you ask to sit outside, inside feels a little agedSpecial Features:
- Beautiful settingFernandoDined on 10/24/2014The restaurant is tucked in to the Livermore Valley wine country. Take advantage of the beauty and dine at sunset so you can enjoy all of the surrounding beauty. Great service with a very good wine selection. The food was cooked to perfection. I had the pork chop.Special Features:
- A Strong PresentationMilesDined on 10/23/2014Outstanding and innovative menu selections make this an exciting dining experience. The restaurant has a large organic garden on the grounds with a master gardener who works closely with the chef. The soup has never failed to please; appetizers include such fun offerings as Green Eggs and Ham, and it's good! Beef is local and a favorite, though the Ling Cod is truly delicious. The wine cellar, of course, is extensive, the staff well trained, and the service excellent. In general, well worth the ride and the tab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality slipschoochooDined on 10/23/2014While the beauty of this the venue remains wonderful, the quality and variety of the offerings at this restaurant have slipped over time. They need to pick it up a notch if they expect to charge the high prices they do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish CelebrationLorenaBBooksDined on 10/22/2014I brought two friends to celebrate a graduation and a thank you and we were excited to have a luscious meal. The food was interesting. I had a butternut squash salad that had pomegranate seeds and a yummy dressing. We all had their New York Strip steak with an amazing homemade steak sauce and a side of potatoes mixed with pancetta. The steak was cooked perfectly for all our tastes. The dessert of Butterscotch Pudding with poached pears was a perfect ending but it could've been in a more user friendly container. The Chocolate bar with Pecan pie topping was good but a bit hard to cut and it was paired with a sorbet that absolutely didn't go with it. All in all a wonderful evening out. Go here if you want your taste buds to be titillated.Special Features:
- bobozoidDined on 10/17/2014We went there for our anniversary and it was a very pleasant night... We drove from Berkeley on a Friday night so we got there early and they promptly seated us... We had the ribeye for two which was perfect and the waiter recommended the perfect bottle of petite Sirah to go with our meal...Special Features:
- Excellent Experience4Agr8timeDined on 10/15/2014The service and ambiance was excellent from when we first walked. It was the perfect for my 38th wedding anniversary. Three days later my wife is still talking about her experience. Thank you! Wente'syou made my anniversary one of those great memories.Special Features:
- Things that make you say "hmmmm"BWNLadiesVIPDined on 10/12/2014For Xmas hubby&I were given $200 gift card here.We chose brunch to use it.We were seated promptly inside.Heather greeted us at our table eventually.Ordered drinks,cheese tray & sugar knots.Cheese & knots came first.She came & checked on us but had forgot our drinks.Drinks finally came.So far tastes good.She later took order,but came back to ask again as she forgot.Asked for another napkin, she forgot.Eggs Benedict good, potatoes great.Pork belly sandwich good.Second round drinks better than first.Gave her $200 gift card for check that was about 1/2 that amount.My husband joked that we would never see gift card again.Sure enough she put a receipt on table showing a "balance due" thanked us & said bye.No gift card.She found it eventually. HmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meanypickyVIPDined on 10/12/2014Food took forever to come but server was very good in keeping us informed and bringing more bread to tide us over.
- Went restaurantnoneDined on 10/11/2014Went there for my wife's birthday. Played their golf course in the afternoon then dinner at the restaurant. Food and wine were very good, service mostly good. A plus for the service was our servers' attention to my wife's food allergies and extra work with the kitchen to find something she could eat. Speed was not great though -- too long a wait between bread and salads in particular.Special Features:
- Delightful DinnerDoctorRVIPDined on 10/11/2014What a treat to entertain our dear friends from the East Coast to patio dining in October! The food and service were outstanding which made enjoying the spectacular setting all the better!Special Features:
- Delicious lunchA101Dined on 10/11/2014We were celebrating my niece's recent marriage so we took them out to lunch. We had very good service and delicious food on Saturday .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at wenteOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/10/2014My first time here with my girlfriend. The food and service were excellent. Two issues I had though was the party next us was loud and was using very coarse and vulgar language, NOT A PROBLEM WITH WENTE themselves. The second issue was there was a few flys that interrupted dinner and at one point landed on one our dishes, however hats off to the management our hostess for making it right and earning our business again. Thanks!Special Features:
- Very gourmetemmyDined on 10/8/2014Ended up just having chicken caesar salad so as to not eat just a hamburger. The chicken caesar salad was very good but I was disappointed in the menu for the day. Also had the pumpkin soup. it was creamy and sweet, well made and delicious but sweet is not generally my idea of soup. Other menu choices were very gourmet. We eat out a lot including some very excellent restaurants but just did not find an entree that we did not have to be asking, please define or describe this item. The pork entree included belly. Question: What is that? Answer: a strip of stomach that is curled up and deep fried. Just one piece alongside the rest of the entree. Oh.Special Features:
- Great spot!luv2eatVIPDined on 10/5/2014The restaurant at Wente Vineyards is a special place. We got there around 6 PM and sat outside for dinner. The food was very good as was the wine (of course). Had the Caesar Salad as an appetizer and the grilled pork chop as the main course. Both were excellent. The waiter was very attentive and extremely helpful with our dinner selections. Would definitely go back the next time I travel back to the Livermore area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacehrwomanDined on 10/5/2014Always a great place to go for a fantastic meal with outstanding service!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerLeeshyVIPDined on 10/4/2014We had reservations for an early Saturday dinner to celebrate our anniversary. We ordered the charcuterie plate as an appetizer. It was four different types of house made salami. They were good and well flavored, but did not come with anything else (bread, crackers?) It would have been nice if the server had explained which ones where what, we were left guessing as to the flavors. For the main course, I had the beef ravioli. They were DELICIOUS! Pasta was light, the filling was well flavored, and the sauce they served with it complimented it perfectly. My husband had the New York steak. We were surprised when it arrived cut, and was close to rare, not med rare. Was tasty but for the price I'd expect it to be cooked properly.Special Features:
- Romantic dinnerFamily1stDined on 10/3/2014Service and food was outstanding!! Would recommend wente and will be back! Felt very special and waited. Food was amazing and they have a fantastic wine selection. We will be back and we what to try the restaurant for lunch so they will are us again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weekend get awayFKS3Dined on 10/3/2014Dining at Wente Vineyards was a wonderful experience. Between the three of us, on the recommendation of our knowledgeable waiter, we ordered the lamb pastrami, the chardonnay tempura squash, the beef meatball, peanut pumpkin soup, the roasted cod, and the short rib ravioli. We loved every dish. The flavors of each dish were tasty and unique. We would go back again when we travel to that area.Special Features:
- Wife's Birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014My wife enjoyed one of her happiest birthday there at our lunch. Fantastic food & perfectly timed service.Special Features:
- WentelarrymacjrDined on 10/1/2014If you get there on a warm summer evening with no wind, you can't beat it Sit outside on the patio and enjoySpecial Features:
- Nice brunchFoodieforfunDined on 9/28/2014Brunch is nice especially if you can sit outside. We brought the kids and they enjoyed running around the gardens afterwards to burn off their food and then nap in the car!Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner!MandMsDined on 9/27/2014Our waitress was fantastic and was very attentive to our needs. All of the food we ordered was excellent, from the cheese platter appetizer to the Pork Chop and Steak my wife and I ordered. While definitely on the pricey side, we would come here again on another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEB1VIPDined on 9/27/2014kitchen was backed up at end of lunch service and our meal took a long time to come out of the kitchen. Waiter was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Livermore GemsedonaVIPDined on 9/26/2014Our dinner at Wente was exceptional. The lamb pastrami appetizer and filets were perfect. The service was also very good. We did have two complaints. The first: we wanted a Wente chardonnay (2012) and all they had to offer was a 2013. That should not happen at a restaurant that is connected to the winery. Second: Everything was going perfect until the young hostess (at 8:30) sat a group of six next to us. They had a young child of about 18mos and she put her highchair right behind me so I was in the path of any flying food. The child immediately started crying and made the rest of our meal unpleasant to the point of skipping dessert and coffee. The hostess should have sat them at the outer part of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LocationTonyDined on 9/26/2014A very pleasant spot for a lunch. Great outlook, good food - wine a bit expensive, thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantklscDined on 9/24/2014Always a visual, olfactory and culinary experience!Special Features:
- Just OKebgirlDined on 9/21/2014Went here for brunch and had to wait for a table despite having reservations. There was a charity event/auction going on on the lawn, so it was very noisy. The food is decent, but not worthy of the price. Portions are VERY conservative. Also, would love more wine options since they really only offer Wente & affiliated wines. Service was good, and our waiter was friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Great Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014It was our first time visiting Wente, and we had a very good experience. The grounds are well keeps and clean. On that day, the weather was perfect, staff was kind, polite, attentive and the food was exceptional. What was most memorable was the tasting room and the great selection available. I would recommend this to anyone for a romantic date, anniversary, or other major event.Special Features:
- Delicious but not filing.NickDined on 9/16/2014This was perhaps our fifth time to visit the restaurant in the last five years. The view was wonderful and so was the service. The food was somewhat strange, not a well balanced menu at all. I think that it had too many odd or specialty items. The portions were REALLY small. I wanted a salad with a lean protein. I had to settle for a grass fed ground beef burger with bleu cheese burger and changed the fries to a salad, but it was not enough salad so I had to order another salad. Really the salad was a small portion of butter lettuce, some radishes and six or seven pecans, and perhaps a bit of bleu cheese. Delicious but definitely not filling. But we had a wonderful time and the wait staff was great. The views are unparalleled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingConnieVIPDined on 9/16/2014Wente never fails to impress. Sitting outside in the early evening was heavenly. The cod and pork chops were perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pork chopbobbyDined on 9/16/2014pork chop was very tough but juicy. too chewy. not worth the price of the pork chopSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlysCarCarDined on 9/16/2014Service was not good, we were there for lunch waiter brought wrong dessert and just seemed overwhelmed. Disappointing - The flies were awful trying to eat while swatting at fliesSpecial Features:
- Wine Tasting and great restaurantNS50Dined on 9/14/2014Wine tasting was great then went to restaurant for brunch. Lots of great choices when great recommendations from waiter. Will be back again to try out their dinner menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gets better with agefood7carsDined on 9/13/2014Great dining experience!!! It has always been a nice restaurant, but during the last two years the menu, food, and wine list have been taken to the next level!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Beautiful warm weather day, plenty of covered outdoor seating. Attentive staff, good food, could have done without the table of golfers in the middle of us all who decided to have their meeting and discussion loudly over the top of everyone else have a leisurely Saturday lunch!Special Features:
- WOWMeddyVIPDined on 9/12/2014When The Restaurant at Wente is "on" it's hard to anything, but WOW. Menu, food quality, service were exceptional. So glad to see this valley icon staying relevant. Will be back soon, and hoping for a consistency to match this dinner. Kudos!!Special Features: