The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
5050 Arroyo Rd.
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wentevineyards.com/restaurant/
- Phone: 9254562450
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am -2:30pm
Dinner: 5:00 – 8:00 Sunday - Monday
5:00 - 9:00 Tuesday - Saturday
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Matt Greco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Serving the Greater Bay Area, Catering with Wente Vineyards provides a full range of personalized catering options. From intimate gatherings to large celebrations, family to corporate events, Wente Vineyards infuses its wine country style into every occasion. Catering with Wente Vineyards shares The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards philosophy to use the very best sustainably and organically grown local ingredients to create sublime wine country fare. Executive Catering Chef Jeff Farlow leads the catering team.
- Entertainment: Northern California’s most unique concert experiences, The Concerts at Wente Vineyards offer the ultimate entertainment experience by combining stellar performances by top name headliners with the stunning ambiance of a spectacular vineyard setting. Harry Connick Jr, Sheryl Crow, Bill Cosby, James Taylor, Kenny Loggins, The Fray and Natalie Merchant are among the performers who have appeared at Wente. For more information, visit us online at www.wentevineyards.com/concerts.
- Special Events: Wente Vineyards can accommodate a variety of special events including rehearsal dinners, showers, anniversaries and other occasions. Our historic, hand-dug sandstone caves are perfect for private wine tastings and other events.
A word from The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards features ingredient-driven California wine country cuisine using sustainably and organically grown local ingredients. While the menu holds its foundation in American dishes, it is influenced by French and Italian provincial cuisine. The seasonal menu changes daily, utilizing produce from The Restaurant's on-site organic production garden. The award-winning wine list offers more than 1,000 selections, providing numerous options for wine pairings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards - Best Restaurants in Livermore ›
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards reviews from OpenTable diners
314 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (244)great for outdoor dining (239)notable wine list (183)romantic (174)scenic view (171)fit for foodies (159)great for lunch (142)great for brunch (119)good for groups (96)neighborhood gem (55)kid-friendly (17)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (7)Show More
- Excellent Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014Our waitress was fantastic and was very attentive to our needs. All of the food we ordered was excellent, from the cheese platter appetizer to the Pork Chop and Steak my wife and I ordered. While definitely on the pricey side, we would come here again on another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEB1VIPDined on 9/27/2014kitchen was backed up at end of lunch service and our meal took a long time to come out of the kitchen. Waiter was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Livermore GemsedonaVIPDined on 9/26/2014Our dinner at Wente was exceptional. The lamb pastrami appetizer and filets were perfect. The service was also very good. We did have two complaints. The first: we wanted a Wente chardonnay (2012) and all they had to offer was a 2013. That should not happen at a restaurant that is connected to the winery. Second: Everything was going perfect until the young hostess (at 8:30) sat a group of six next to us. They had a young child of about 18mos and she put her highchair right behind me so I was in the path of any flying food. The child immediately started crying and made the rest of our meal unpleasant to the point of skipping dessert and coffee. The hostess should have sat them at the outer part of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LocationTonyDined on 9/26/2014A very pleasant spot for a lunch. Great outlook, good food - wine a bit expensive, thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantklscDined on 9/24/2014Always a visual, olfactory and culinary experience!Special Features:
- Just OKebgirlDined on 9/21/2014Went here for brunch and had to wait for a table despite having reservations. There was a charity event/auction going on on the lawn, so it was very noisy. The food is decent, but not worthy of the price. Portions are VERY conservative. Also, would love more wine options since they really only offer Wente & affiliated wines. Service was good, and our waiter was friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Great Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014It was our first time visiting Wente, and we had a very good experience. The grounds are well keeps and clean. On that day, the weather was perfect, staff was kind, polite, attentive and the food was exceptional. What was most memorable was the tasting room and the great selection available. I would recommend this to anyone for a romantic date, anniversary, or other major event.Special Features:
- Delicious but not filing.NickDined on 9/16/2014This was perhaps our fifth time to visit the restaurant in the last five years. The view was wonderful and so was the service. The food was somewhat strange, not a well balanced menu at all. I think that it had too many odd or specialty items. The portions were REALLY small. I wanted a salad with a lean protein. I had to settle for a grass fed ground beef burger with bleu cheese burger and changed the fries to a salad, but it was not enough salad so I had to order another salad. Really the salad was a small portion of butter lettuce, some radishes and six or seven pecans, and perhaps a bit of bleu cheese. Delicious but definitely not filling. But we had a wonderful time and the wait staff was great. The views are unparalleled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingConnieVIPDined on 9/16/2014Wente never fails to impress. Sitting outside in the early evening was heavenly. The cod and pork chops were perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pork chopbobbyDined on 9/16/2014pork chop was very tough but juicy. too chewy. not worth the price of the pork chopSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlysCarCarDined on 9/16/2014Service was not good, we were there for lunch waiter brought wrong dessert and just seemed overwhelmed. Disappointing - The flies were awful trying to eat while swatting at fliesSpecial Features:
- Wine Tasting and great restaurantNS50Dined on 9/14/2014Wine tasting was great then went to restaurant for brunch. Lots of great choices when great recommendations from waiter. Will be back again to try out their dinner menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gets better with agefood7carsDined on 9/13/2014Great dining experience!!! It has always been a nice restaurant, but during the last two years the menu, food, and wine list have been taken to the next level!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Beautiful warm weather day, plenty of covered outdoor seating. Attentive staff, good food, could have done without the table of golfers in the middle of us all who decided to have their meeting and discussion loudly over the top of everyone else have a leisurely Saturday lunch!Special Features:
- WOWMeddyVIPDined on 9/12/2014When The Restaurant at Wente is "on" it's hard to anything, but WOW. Menu, food quality, service were exceptional. So glad to see this valley icon staying relevant. Will be back soon, and hoping for a consistency to match this dinner. Kudos!!Special Features:
- CatitudeDined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed the restaurant, but tried to sit outside and the yellow jackets took over, so had to move inside. Once there the noise level detracted from the experience. They can't help the wildlife. Staff very attentive and friendly. Enjoyed the food. Waiter recommended green eggs and ham appetizer which was unique. Also recommended splitting a salad, which was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wente restaurant chargesLovetoeatDined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Wente winery. In case you haven't been there it is way way out by the VA Hospital. Brand martinis and manhattans are $14 which you would expect to pay in SF. The NY sirloin was $38 for a medium size steak properly cooked but served with a spicy vegetable hash which was a little hot. The cod on polenta was delicious. The Green Eggs with Ham (Dr Seuss appetizer) was without much flavor. The yolks were chopped on the bottom of the dish. Wines were moderately priced and good. Service attentive. A cool oasis on a hot (96 deg) afternoon. The tables were large and lots of business was being transacted.Special Features:
- Make a day out of itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Very convenient if you are wine tasting or using the other facilities at Wente.Special Features:
- somewhat disappointedEHF123Dined on 9/6/2014We have been to Wente restaurant several times before and always had good food and service, but this time the food was OK, but not stellar, and the service was indifferent. The server seemed disinterested and inclined to rush us to order our wine and food, and then totally inattentive. I had the pork chop which was very tasty, but it came with just the sauce - no sides, nothing. The others had pasta which was nice, but not special and rather small portions. All in all, I won't rush back there.
- Wow!blaineoDined on 9/5/2014The brief drive through the dry valley is more than worth it. The grounds are perfectly manicured. The inside and outside of the facility are welcoming and designed to please and enjoy. The servers are friendly, attentive, and doting on their customers. Then there is the food. A pleasure that defies description. I challenged the cod, and it was the best I had ever tasted. the Poulenta was heavenly. The flavors were perfectly balanced. My wife chose the chicken, and every bite was melt in your mouth wonderful. There would be absolutely no hesitation in going there again. It was a truly enjoyable experience. I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Enough is EnoughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Again we had a poor meal!!! The menu is so strange that my girlfriend and I could not find anything to eat. So she ordered a hamburger (which was good) and I settled on NY Steak. Steak was tuff and veges were so oily I could not eat them. Chef I believe you should have over the top strange things but the whole menu!!! You really need to come down and starting creating down to earth food. But I will be back not because of the food but the Ambiance and service! Please make some changes.Special Features:
- Still a great Restaurant but....UrchinDined on 9/3/2014We have been eating at the Wente Restaurant for 25 years and it is still a wonderful restaurant but.... the chef seems to be going out of his way to make sure that almost everything on the menu is "different or strange". Different is great for a few items as long as you have plenty of "normal" items but those seems to be fewer and fewer. We still miss the little plate of olives you were served upon being seated years ago, it was such a nice touch. The beauty of the surroundings and the restaurant itself make it a perfect place for a special occasion but the prices are so high now that it's not really an option for anything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!BeckyDined on 9/1/2014Wente's is consistently top notch and has been throughout the years. An enjoyable treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy WenteinconnueVIPDined on 9/1/2014Went there for our 20th wedding anniversary. Was seated at our favorite table by the window. Had a bottle of Hall cab with the cheese and cured meats platter for appetizer (delicious!), quail and new york steak for entrees (always satisfying), and a special parfait for dessert that was not too sweet. Wente always makes the experience special every time. Thank you!Special Features:
- Girls Get TogetherRH3131Dined on 9/1/2014My girlfriends and I try to get together every few months. Lately, it has been tough finding the time. We finally connected and made our Labor Day weekend a time to get together, see a concert and do some wine tasting. We ended up at Wente for lunch. I planned one of my girlfriends bachelorette luncheon here 4 years ago so it was nice for her to be back. It was a hot day so we sat inside. The food was spectacular and the service was off the charts!!! From appetizers to salads to our entrees, we were in heaven! The wine is also a must!!! Thank you for existing so that we could getaway and catch up over a lovely meal! What a treat, we'll be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Labor Day LunchRoadWarriorVIPDined on 9/1/2014I've been here for their outstanding dinners and was surprised that their lunch menu was as good, albeit smaller portions and a more reasonable cost.Special Features:
- Always A Delightful ExperienceamorganloverDined on 8/31/2014As usual the setting is beautiful (especially the outdoor seating in the evening), the food is exceptional and the service is pleasant and professional. I ordered a glass of Napa Valley Cab that was unknown to me and found it to be absolutely delightful with soft tannins and lots of fruit for a wonderfully reasonable price. You cannot beat “The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards” for a special occasion and evening outdoor seating. Try the golf course grill for lunch, magnificent. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Table for eight for Sunday BrunchgilarDined on 8/31/2014Visiting friends from Paris enjoyed this venue. Great brunch. Overall very satisfied. Two items on the Sunday brunch menu disappointingly were out but we did have 2:15 PM reservations which was somewhat after the rush hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food / Excellent ServiceTRIXVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food and ambience are top-notch. Service was even better.Special Features:
- AlbertDined on 8/29/2014Simply Outstanding! This is one of the finest dining experiences I've ever had in my 70+ years experience.Special Features:
- Great Way to End a Golf GameleebusDined on 8/28/2014The outdoor patio was beautiful along with the views. Food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Great place!link266Dined on 8/24/2014Wonderful place to relax and have a meal. Unfortunately our waitress seemed obviously annoyed that we didn't order wine. Yes, it is a vineyard but we simply don't like wine but do enjoy everything else about the place (location, food, etc). Understanding customers who don't order wine would be my only improvement.Special Features:
- ShellyShellyDined on 8/22/2014Once again my family enjoyed a fantastic dinner while dining outdoors! There was a fundraiser function also going on, but their band & the happy attendees made the atmosphere more festive for us, instead of detracting from our experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimVDined on 8/21/2014I wasn't overly impressed with the menu, except for the entree's. The flys were a major issue while eating outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant and relaxing timefoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014This restaurant is a real relaxing and fun place to spend an afternoon or evening enjoying good food and wine. The staff is always gracious and attentive. I appreciate their willingness to go the extra mile overall.Special Features:
- Nice Sunday Brunch!!2jazzyDined on 8/17/2014This was my second time going to Wente Restaurant and Vineyards and I just love it here. The grounds are really nice and so is restaurant inside & out. My girlfriend and I had a wonderful lunch here and it's always nice to catch up. I'll definitely be back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAlexandraDined on 8/17/2014I forgot to mention outdoor sitting at reservation and was disappointed they could not sit us outside (my fault). Brunch menu (carbs, eggs, meats, cheese, sugar): typical American fares, not American "new"/creative. Salads were basic (cesar, lettuce) and no added protein (chicken, prawns, fish) to save gluten-free eaters from carbs. No vegetable side dishes, though they grow their own veggies. Had corn grits & prawns and smoked salmon salad, both ok. Salad was overly seasoned with creamy dressing (how about olive oil, lemon, herbs?), tomatoes (don't pair well with smoked salmon), potatoes and hard boiled egg crumbles (only the white, how about some avocado?). Almond milk sorbet & honey glazed almond tasted like sugar. Service was fine.Special Features:
- Went to Wente AgainALJODinersDined on 8/17/2014We've visited here as a couple several times, and this was the third time we brought a group. Service was attentive without hovering or rushing considering the entire deck was filled to capacity with diners. Our waiter's sense of humor was also a nice touch. The seasonal martini (pluot) which was the biggest hit. The brunch selections were substantial meals. We sampled the eggs benedict, shrimp and grits, steak and eggs, the pork belly sandwich and pancakes. We all enjoyed the potatoes which were baked then fried in grapeseed oil for a crisp finish. We shared the pluot pastry and shortcake for dessert. This is our seventh time visiting since 1999 and we've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spot, food so soChinthy1Dined on 8/16/2014This is a great spot under the shade trees, especially the outdoor dining area. Lovely ambiance. The fire pits look inviting to come back to for a glass of wine. Was a bit disappointed though in the food. The menu for the day of our occasion only had very heavy rich choices, odd for a warm August evening. It seemed a very masculine menu with multiple beef, lamb, blue cheese and bacon choices, served with white beans, few vegetables available, not even a chicken option. The high lights were the caesar salad and rye bread (though salad had only 4 croutons). The strawberry shortcake was small, dry and almost inedible. This $100 dinner for 2 was disappointing. Go for the wine, the ambiance and fire pit, and skip dinner.Special Features:
- Dining at Wente during SummerAnutzaDined on 8/16/2014As always, it is with great pleasure to bring friends at the Restaurant at Wente Vineyards. Especially during Summer, when dining outdoors is a special experience. Excellent service, good hospitality, and an excellent selection of foods in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.