The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
5050 Arroyo Rd.
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wentevineyards.com/restaurant/
- Phone: (925) 456-2450
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am -2:30pm
Dinner: 5:00 – 8:00 Sunday - Monday
5:00 - 9:00 Tuesday - Saturday
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Matt Greco
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Serving the Greater Bay Area, Catering with Wente Vineyards provides a full range of personalized catering options. From intimate gatherings to large celebrations, family to corporate events, Wente Vineyards infuses its wine country style into every occasion. Catering with Wente Vineyards shares The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards philosophy to use the very best sustainably and organically grown local ingredients to create sublime wine country fare. Executive Catering Chef Jeff Farlow leads the catering team.
- Entertainment: Northern California’s most unique concert experiences, The Concerts at Wente Vineyards offer the ultimate entertainment experience by combining stellar performances by top name headliners with the stunning ambiance of a spectacular vineyard setting. Harry Connick Jr, Sheryl Crow, Bill Cosby, James Taylor, Kenny Loggins, The Fray and Natalie Merchant are among the performers who have appeared at Wente. For more information, visit us online at www.wentevineyards.com/concerts.
- Special Events: Wente Vineyards can accommodate a variety of special events including rehearsal dinners, showers, anniversaries and other occasions. Our historic, hand-dug sandstone caves are perfect for private wine tastings and other events.
A word from The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards features ingredient-driven California wine country cuisine using sustainably and organically grown local ingredients. While the menu holds its foundation in American dishes, it is influenced by French and Italian provincial cuisine. The seasonal menu changes daily, utilizing produce from The Restaurant's on-site organic production garden. The award-winning wine list offers more than 1,000 selections, providing numerous options for wine pairings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards - Best Restaurants in Livermore ›
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards reviews from OpenTable diners
304 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (234)special occasion (233)notable wine list (184)romantic (161)fit for foodies (156)scenic view (153)great for lunch (132)great for brunch (109)good for groups (103)neighborhood gem (55)kid-friendly (21)hot spot (18)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- Picking up bad habits?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Going back to Wente is always a special treat. The restaurant is beautiful giving a wonderful feeling to an evening you look to remember. The other night, the food and the service will hopefully be forgotten by our next visit. Not that anything was bad, just a little towards the chain restaurant in service and food. Our reservation was for six thirty on a Wednesday night and we were a few minutes early. We were shown to our table and as expected it was not to busy. However just like the chains the next two groups were seated on either side of us. For a change we ordered cocktails which did not come until the appetizers. Our server never asked how our food was, which unfortunately included undercooked pasta and pears. It felt very "get them in get them out". We will go back however we could easily be swayed to try some where else on a special night when we want a special treatI would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated niece's birthday. Wonderful.MaggieDined on 11/15/2014Great personaility of the waitress and very attentive. The dining room was buzzing and a very nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding chef!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014As seniors, my husband and I go out to eat at least twice a week. I go because it's enjoyable to let someone else cook and clean up. I'm a good cook, so rarely do I find the food as good or better than what I prepare. Wente Restaurant prepared a meal far better then I, it was presented well, the service was excellent, and the ambiance delightful. It's too far for us to travel at night, but a long leisurely lunch makes for a special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the complete experience we were hoping for.cmmara10Dined on 11/13/2014Seating for tables for 2 are stuffed here and there in the dining room between the 4's, 5's and 6's or in a corner or next to a large chest which does restrict a righted handed diner. Primary waitperson is quite good, but service falls off quickly with the supporting staff. Not one of our best experiences and certainly does not match what is available in the Bay area.....
- Country Dining at its BestMountainFoodDined on 11/11/2014The drive south of Livermore is as attractive as the setting for the winery and its first class restaurant. Good food with some unusual and delicious dishes ... especially the lamb pastrami appetizer .... plus a superb wine list. Ideal for outdoor couples in search of a very leisurely afternoon lunch on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wente - Rib Steak was Problemluv2dineDined on 11/9/2014Bone in Rib Steak was 70% fat - 30% meat. The portion was for two- but in reality it barely was enough for one. Heavy price tag at $90.00 in which you could get a far better rib steak large enough to serve 4 at considerably less cost at a number of moderate Pleasanton/Livermore restaurants.
- Enjoyed our birthday celebrationchukariVIPDined on 11/9/2014All bottled wines are half off for the month of November -- an extra surprise. Loved the Lamb Pastrami but two in our group wouldn't even taste it because it was lamb or because it was cured. They missed out because it was delicious. We had 7:30 reservations and they had run out of the only fish dish on the menu which was disappointing for my sister. She got the duck instead. It was a huge portion and good but outstanding like she had at another restaurant earlier in the week. The gnocchi with meatballs was very good. It came in a cream sauce and the gnocchi was light and flavorful. Service was good but we wished the waiter would have told us about the fish being out when he gave us the menus rather than when we actually ordered.Special Features:
- ExcellentNancyDined on 11/9/2014The food was excellent, as well as the service. We ate outside and the view was lovely. We will definitely go back. We will pass the word on to our friends to go there.Special Features:
- Very deliciousdvayderVIPDined on 11/8/2014The food at Wente is delicious. The lamb pastrami appetizer is awesome. :-) Service is excellent.Special Features:
- Great food and wine!livermorefunDined on 11/8/2014The place can be a little loud but it is for sure fine dinning. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I did have to say we did wait to get greeted about 5 minutes staff was busy but once we were acknowledged the service was fantastic! We brought our own bottle from Wente vineyards and there is no corking fee if you bring the voucher so we enjoyed that with out delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- D@SOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014My wife had the pork chop which I tasted and it was great. My filet mignon was not up to expectations.Special Features:
- Ladies night out!WineloverDined on 11/2/2014We had a great time, delicious wine, yummy food, great atmosphere and fabulous company! Our waitress was terrific as well, she had lots of patience to put up with us, and always came back with a smile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special as alwaysOldePinkDined on 11/2/2014Wente restaurant does not fail to come through in food and service. The selection makes choosing difficult. However, the Canadian bacon and cheddar scones are a 'must try'. The pork chop is always excellent and the seasonal desserts are the frosting on the cake (so to speak).Special Features:
- breath taking.jrg35g3Dined on 11/1/2014This restaurant was amazing, very European. Awesome service, great food, great wine.Its a very good place for spacial occasion like anniversary celebration, and do on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wente always delivers….lilanaVIPDined on 11/1/2014…whether you're looking for great outdoor dining, creative, fresh food, or good wine……I've been coming here for 26 years and I still love it!Special Features:
- another great experience at WenteWolfPackVIPDined on 10/31/2014Once again, pleasantly surprised(although by now came to expect it) by great food, wine and service... pork chop is a must have!Special Features:
- menu options limitedliverfoodieDined on 10/30/2014The Ny steak was surprisingly chewy and the sides weren't particularly interesting...at almost $40 expected far better.Special Features:
- FabulousBWNLadiesVIPDined on 10/29/2014The best meal we have ever had here. We ordered the rib eye steak for 2 but it served 3 of us and still brought home enough for dinner for us all tomorrow. The steak was so tender and tasty and cooked nice and rare just like we like it. The tempura kale and the tempura squash was out of this world. Michael was the best waiter and made up for the things that went wrong by the waitress, Heather, that served us last time at brunch. She will not be waiting on us again. We thanked Michael and let him know about our last experience since the restaurant had not responded. He let the manager know and she made up for it by buying us a round of drinks. Renewed my faith in this restaurant. I want Michael to wait on us next time too.Special Features:
- Always Good In Every WayHungryD99Dined on 10/26/2014The Wente winery is very close to our house, so we've eaten there many times and have always thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It's possibly one of the best restaurants in the entire bay area. Excellent food, wines and vibe...the total package. It's quietly located in the SE corner of the Livermore Valley that's full of vineyards. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Fall Sunday BrunchCapioDined on 10/26/2014I hosted a family brunch for 10 and surprised that my event was located on the lower floor of the restaurant, a private room for business meetings with one large table that holds very comfortably 12 guests. I had assumed we were going to be in their main dining room with such a large party. I would have liked to been notified of this set up at the time I reserved, since there are no elevators for the elderly. It actually worked out very nicely, especially with 2 toddlers running around in the privacy of the room. The service was very attentive to our needs. The menu selections were a variety of seasonal vegetables like pumpkin and pomegranate perfect for the Fall. Overall, a delightful and wonderful dining experience for a special treat for the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Great food, make sure you ask to sit outside, inside feels a little agedSpecial Features:
- Go for the wineApe81Dined on 10/25/2014The service was great the wine delicious but the menu is limited with interesting choices. We order or main entry but a bit disappointed with the steak a little tough even though I order medium rare. Since they have very few choices I expect for a better meal but you can't go wrong with the wine and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingFernandoDined on 10/24/2014The restaurant is tucked in to the Livermore Valley wine country. Take advantage of the beauty and dine at sunset so you can enjoy all of the surrounding beauty. Great service with a very good wine selection. The food was cooked to perfection. I had the pork chop.Special Features:
- A Strong PresentationMilesDined on 10/23/2014Outstanding and innovative menu selections make this an exciting dining experience. The restaurant has a large organic garden on the grounds with a master gardener who works closely with the chef. The soup has never failed to please; appetizers include such fun offerings as Green Eggs and Ham, and it's good! Beef is local and a favorite, though the Ling Cod is truly delicious. The wine cellar, of course, is extensive, the staff well trained, and the service excellent. In general, well worth the ride and the tab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality slipschoochooDined on 10/23/2014While the beauty of this the venue remains wonderful, the quality and variety of the offerings at this restaurant have slipped over time. They need to pick it up a notch if they expect to charge the high prices they do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish CelebrationLorenaBBooksDined on 10/22/2014I brought two friends to celebrate a graduation and a thank you and we were excited to have a luscious meal. The food was interesting. I had a butternut squash salad that had pomegranate seeds and a yummy dressing. We all had their New York Strip steak with an amazing homemade steak sauce and a side of potatoes mixed with pancetta. The steak was cooked perfectly for all our tastes. The dessert of Butterscotch Pudding with poached pears was a perfect ending but it could've been in a more user friendly container. The Chocolate bar with Pecan pie topping was good but a bit hard to cut and it was paired with a sorbet that absolutely didn't go with it. All in all a wonderful evening out. Go here if you want your taste buds to be titillated.Special Features:
- bobozoidDined on 10/17/2014We went there for our anniversary and it was a very pleasant night... We drove from Berkeley on a Friday night so we got there early and they promptly seated us... We had the ribeye for two which was perfect and the waiter recommended the perfect bottle of petite Sirah to go with our meal...Special Features:
- Excellent Experience4Agr8timeDined on 10/15/2014The service and ambiance was excellent from when we first walked. It was the perfect for my 38th wedding anniversary. Three days later my wife is still talking about her experience. Thank you! Wente'syou made my anniversary one of those great memories.Special Features:
- Things that make you say "hmmmm"BWNLadiesVIPDined on 10/12/2014For Xmas hubby&I were given $200 gift card here.We chose brunch to use it.We were seated promptly inside.Heather greeted us at our table eventually.Ordered drinks,cheese tray & sugar knots.Cheese & knots came first.She came & checked on us but had forgot our drinks.Drinks finally came.So far tastes good.She later took order,but came back to ask again as she forgot.Asked for another napkin, she forgot.Eggs Benedict good, potatoes great.Pork belly sandwich good.Second round drinks better than first.Gave her $200 gift card for check that was about 1/2 that amount.My husband joked that we would never see gift card again.Sure enough she put a receipt on table showing a "balance due" thanked us & said bye.No gift card.She found it eventually. HmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meanypickyVIPDined on 10/12/2014Food took forever to come but server was very good in keeping us informed and bringing more bread to tide us over.
- Went restaurantnoneDined on 10/11/2014Went there for my wife's birthday. Played their golf course in the afternoon then dinner at the restaurant. Food and wine were very good, service mostly good. A plus for the service was our servers' attention to my wife's food allergies and extra work with the kitchen to find something she could eat. Speed was not great though -- too long a wait between bread and salads in particular.Special Features:
- Delightful DinnerDoctorRVIPDined on 10/11/2014What a treat to entertain our dear friends from the East Coast to patio dining in October! The food and service were outstanding which made enjoying the spectacular setting all the better!Special Features:
- Delicious lunchA101Dined on 10/11/2014We were celebrating my niece's recent marriage so we took them out to lunch. We had very good service and delicious food on Saturday .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at wenteOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/10/2014My first time here with my girlfriend. The food and service were excellent. Two issues I had though was the party next us was loud and was using very coarse and vulgar language, NOT A PROBLEM WITH WENTE themselves. The second issue was there was a few flys that interrupted dinner and at one point landed on one our dishes, however hats off to the management our hostess for making it right and earning our business again. Thanks!Special Features:
- Very gourmetemmyDined on 10/8/2014Ended up just having chicken caesar salad so as to not eat just a hamburger. The chicken caesar salad was very good but I was disappointed in the menu for the day. Also had the pumpkin soup. it was creamy and sweet, well made and delicious but sweet is not generally my idea of soup. Other menu choices were very gourmet. We eat out a lot including some very excellent restaurants but just did not find an entree that we did not have to be asking, please define or describe this item. The pork entree included belly. Question: What is that? Answer: a strip of stomach that is curled up and deep fried. Just one piece alongside the rest of the entree. Oh.Special Features:
- Great spot!luv2eatVIPDined on 10/5/2014The restaurant at Wente Vineyards is a special place. We got there around 6 PM and sat outside for dinner. The food was very good as was the wine (of course). Had the Caesar Salad as an appetizer and the grilled pork chop as the main course. Both were excellent. The waiter was very attentive and extremely helpful with our dinner selections. Would definitely go back the next time I travel back to the Livermore area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacehrwomanDined on 10/5/2014Always a great place to go for a fantastic meal with outstanding service!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerLeeshyVIPDined on 10/4/2014We had reservations for an early Saturday dinner to celebrate our anniversary. We ordered the charcuterie plate as an appetizer. It was four different types of house made salami. They were good and well flavored, but did not come with anything else (bread, crackers?) It would have been nice if the server had explained which ones where what, we were left guessing as to the flavors. For the main course, I had the beef ravioli. They were DELICIOUS! Pasta was light, the filling was well flavored, and the sauce they served with it complimented it perfectly. My husband had the New York steak. We were surprised when it arrived cut, and was close to rare, not med rare. Was tasty but for the price I'd expect it to be cooked properly.Special Features:
- Romantic dinnerFamily1stDined on 10/3/2014Service and food was outstanding!! Would recommend wente and will be back! Felt very special and waited. Food was amazing and they have a fantastic wine selection. We will be back and we what to try the restaurant for lunch so they will are us again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weekend get awayFKS3Dined on 10/3/2014Dining at Wente Vineyards was a wonderful experience. Between the three of us, on the recommendation of our knowledgeable waiter, we ordered the lamb pastrami, the chardonnay tempura squash, the beef meatball, peanut pumpkin soup, the roasted cod, and the short rib ravioli. We loved every dish. The flavors of each dish were tasty and unique. We would go back again when we travel to that area.Special Features: