The Restaurant at Weekapaug Inn
25 Spray Rock Road
Westerly, RI 02891Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Restaurant at Weekapaug Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://weekapauginn.com/dining/the-restaurant/
- Phone: 4013220301x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 10:00am; Lunch: 11:30am- 2:30pm (SeaRoom Menu) Dinner:Nightly: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar open daily at 10am-serving Light Fare Menu from 11:30 am- 9 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Backman
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Music in Lounge on Weekend Nights
A word from The Restaurant at Weekapaug Inn
Reopening in October 2012. As the main venue for guest and community dining at the Inn, The Restaurant is a comfortable, intimate setting for memorable meals from morning to night. In the summer, choose a table on the stone patio with its splendid views; in winter, gather your party around a table near the wood-burning fireplace. In all seasons, you can expect the best of fresh, local ingredients to grace our menu—farm-to-table food at its peak of flavorful goodness. Our menu offers a modern interpretation of New England coastal cuisine and utilizes traditional native foraging, local produce, and the ethical use of the sea to create a unique and unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
The Restaurant at Weekapaug Inn - Best Restaurants in Westerly ›
The Restaurant at Weekapaug Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (37)special occasion (30)romantic (25)fit for foodies (21)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (12)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (3)good for groups (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- dishdelishdishdelishDined on 10/18/2014The Weekapaug Inn is a cozy and charming place for a quiet getaway. The restaurant was a wonderful dining experience. Our waitress was charming and the food was delicious. The beet appetizer was a fascinating combination of delicate flavors, and the pistachio chocolate cake a beautiful finish to a fine meanl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Friends from inland came to visit. Delightful-outstanding. We were not rushed-very elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RifoodieDined on 10/10/2014Very pleasant overall experience. The food is very good, with nice use of local ingredients, and the presentation is what you would expect at this price level. The service was exceptional, the dining rooms are not particularly cozy, although if you are there in daylight the view would more than make up for the bland decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We had the chicken and monk fish, and started with pumpkin soup - Couldn't ask for anything more. The food was amazing. The service however was sub par; for some reason the Ocean House / Weekapaug Inn just can't get it right with service. If a server doesn't know the answer to a question, there are more eloquent ways to say "I don't know" or "I'm new here."Special Features:
- Amazing RestaurantNCDBHDined on 9/26/2014Chef Jennifer Backman is a rising star. The menu was interesting and the execution flawless. We expected a really good meal and received an amazing one. Can't wait to come back again.Special Features:
- Love the Weekapaug InnyummmmDined on 9/25/2014I had a wonderful dinner at the Weekapaug Inn with a very knowledgeable staff serving us. We had lunch at the Ocean House (sister property) earlier in the day and liked the Weekapaug much better. absolutely beautiful, but more down to earth, and the service was much better. Food too. Definitely worth a trip!Special Features:
- Very nice but...RIdinerDined on 9/21/2014The menu is quite limited, small portions (but excellent quality) and very expensive wine list, especially by the glass!!Special Features:
- a lovely eveningsusanmfDined on 9/20/2014From the minute we walked in the door i knew thus was a class act restaurant. Service was attentive - not overbearing. Food was fresh and wonderfully prepared. This place is a cut above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014While the service is excellent and the ambiance are terrific the food is not very good. Bouillabaise was very disappointing (2 scallops, 1 calimari, small piece of white fish); appetizer salad ordinary, halibut looked smashed (vegetable sides were good). The location is outstanding and food should be better.Special Features:
- Poor performer for expectations setSouthCountyEatsDined on 9/10/2014All in all we ordered four appetizers and four main courses as well as deserts and coffee. Two bottles of wine and cocktails before the meal. None of it came off as high quality. I feel that the kitchen did not live up to the standards expected of an affiliate of the Ocean House. The prices for the wine list were on average 300% over retail. It was a very expensive night out and not a very enjoyable one. I will say however that the service was very good and the location and view from our table was very nice, but I will not be a return customer.Special Features:
- StoningtonLDRDinesDined on 9/6/2014We dined here with 2 other couples (6 of us). The location is magnificent and the views are breathtaking. The service was just so-so but our waitress was pleasant and really tried hard. Very limited menu (about 8 items on the menu) and the portions were VERY VERY small. Everyone was still hungry when dinner was over, especially the men. Someone ordered the scallops for approximately $29.00 and it came with 3 scallops on a large plate. Very disappointing. Someone else ordered the bouillabaisse and that too was a very small portion. The bill was over $600.00 - and we all wanted to go get a pizza afterwards. The wine list had a nice selection.Special Features:
- SpectacularlocaldinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014This place has no flaws. The food was excellent. The service was accomodating and just right.Special Features:
- happydinerDined on 8/31/2014An excellent venue, good food options and nice view. We were seated outside and unfortunately, were bothered by bees flying around and landing in our food.Special Features:
- weekapaugdchubbDined on 8/15/2014I ordered the Halibut which I love. Not only was the fish overdone and rubbery; but the overall dish was not well matched in flavor. Also, it was salty. The corn on the dish was very good; the best part. The lobster cake was very good. Wine list was very limited. Beautiful place but the food should be better. We would b very hesitant to eat there again.Special Features:
- Service and Delicious FoodElithaDined on 8/9/2014We were met by the maitre d with a smile and taken to our table immediately, making our reservation on time. The service was pleasant, efficient and professional. Food was innovative, delicious, well presented and fresh. This is fine dining at its best.Special Features:
- Weekapaug InnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014The Weekapaug Inn is a nice addition to the Westerly/ Charlestown dining options. There aren't many spots with a gorgeous water view and the service and food were excellent.Special Features:
- Another enjoyable eveningPaulDined on 7/30/2014This is one of the best restaurants in our coastal region. I have enjoyed every meal we've had here and will look forward to others. It was our anniversary and they treated us very personally and graciously, way up and beyond the call of duty. If you want a special night out with a delicious meal, this is a place to go. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AvondalenestDined on 7/20/2014I cannot say enough good things about the Weekpaug Inn. The food was exquisite! Very nice ambiance. The service was impeccable. Taylor was our server - knowledgable, personable and could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heaven on the PondJohnLDined on 7/19/2014Such a pretty place and the food was perfectly done and delicious. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerexperienceN200VIPDined on 7/18/2014Waiter was terrible.He dropped wine glass on my wife,hands and she has 3 cuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of Heaven at the BeachFredDined on 7/12/2014If you find yourself in Weekapaug do not miss the chance to dine here. Both the formal dining room and out door area are spectacular. It is a rare place where the food matches the spectacular scenery. The waitstaff is impecable and extrtemely well informed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid, but overpricedandyVIPDined on 7/2/2014The service was impeccable, the setting is gorgeous, most of the food was very good. The duck dish was disappointing, but the vegetable assortment was fabulous. The prices were unnecessarily high.Special Features:
- The following 115 reviews are from the The Restaurant at Weekapaug Inn reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014It was our first time dining at the "new" Weekapaug Inn and were not disappointed! We celebrated a 70th birthday milestone with a delicious luncheon on a perfectly beautiful day which made the view all the better!Special Features:
- An exquisite night outPaulDined on 6/13/2014My wife grew up coming to the old Weekapaug Inn, so the setting was already cherished. However, our experience this time made it memorable for all of us. Each of the entrees were fabulous, and when combined with great first courses, made for a special evening. The waitstaff were very helpful and engaging and the setting was quiet enough for easy conversation, even though the restaurant was nearly full. We will make this our new destination for special nights out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dinemysticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Wonderful to fall in love again with a truly remarkable dining destination! Everything so farm to table fresh and inventive. Be prepared to be seduced by your senses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply amazingbuckoVIPDined on 6/2/2014I am always amazed at the wonderful food & service I receive at the Weekapaug Inn. It truly is a gem. The desserts and amuse bouche blow my mind every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quintessential New England GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014We have seen the changes in this beautiful inn over the years and with the latest renovation, it is nothing short of stunning. Unpretentious but beautifully capturing the essence of the New England shoreline. The dining was superb. It was our anniversary and a card was waiting for us at the table. The food and service was divine and we spoke to the Chef to compliment her on a beautiful and delicious meal. Our desserts were also divine and each one was written with Happy Anniversary in chocolate on the plate. A special evening, a special occasion but we are already planning our next dinner there with friends. Views of the pond at sunset were matched by the changing colors of the sky. Incredible!Special Features:
- Limited menu for a table of eight.JannyVIPDined on 5/24/2014Our experience here was somewhat disappointing. Because we were a table of eight I had to agree in advance to a much abbreviated menu: only two appetizers total from the hot and cold appetizers, three entrees and two desserts. Many delicious possibilities were lost to us. The restaurant told me this was their policy. Also, they noted it was Memorial Day weekend and they had many large parties. However, the restaurant was only half full the night we were there and we were the only large party, discounting a group in a private room. I might add, we were seated in an area with not even a glancing view of the water. This restaurant is NOT good for groups! As a summer Watch Hill resident I will not come back if I have a party of eight.
- Not the best meal - way overpricedCookieSnapperVIPDined on 5/23/2014Have dined here before and enjoyed but not this time. The soft shell crab was dry / overcoooked. At $42 this was highway robbery. I think the staff has become indifferent. They hire a bunch of college kids who have the desire to please but don't have the experience or training to pull it off.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014amazing!!! in everyway! the staff was so friendly and warm.. honestly one of the best dining experiences!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant lunchhungryneighborDined on 5/15/2014We did not know what to expect when we entered the Inn. We were greeted pleasantly and shown to a very comfortable and scenic table. The waitress was very attentive to our needs and patiently answered our many questions. When the food arrived, we were treated to tasty, satisfying lunches. We enjoyed our experience at The Weekapaug Inn and are looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Gem.cheersDined on 5/10/2014I'll cut to the chase. I love this place. Friendly, scenic and consistantly great food. The reason I left off a star is because I really wish they could find it in their hearts to give the table something to nibble on while waiting for the meal. We come for lunch and travel a great distance to get to the Inn therefore upon our arrival we are hungry. The meals do take awhile to arrive due to the fact that they are fresh and somewhat complicated to prepare. Last week we did order chips for a starter but they came with our meal. Still, The Inn is a great experience and worth the trip.Special Features:
- South County GemDaveDined on 5/9/2014Peaceful, gracious dining in a lovely setting with delicious farm to table ingredients creatively prepared and attentively served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekapaug Inn--fantasticCharrmDined on 4/19/2014Lovely inn, on Quonnochontaug Pond, recently completely renovated. Elegant, but not over-done or oppressive. Celebrated a couple of birthdays at lunch. Food and service was excellent. Felt very welcome. Good for small parties, weddings, brunch. Will try dinner sometime! Is pricey, but worthwhile. We got to wander the Inn and it was lovely; the staff was very friendly. Fabulous view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracious Birthday LunchHydroginDined on 4/12/2014Atmospheric table overlooking salt pond was perfect. The service was impeccable with attentive and gracious staff. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchJackDined on 4/6/2014We recently had Sunday brunch at the Weekapaug Inn and had a great dining experience from start to finish. The food, service and ambience were uniformly excellent. In golfing terms this was the Pebble Beach of brunches, with the only problem being that it will make brunch anywhere else seem very ordinary. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!SmittyDined on 4/6/20145 of us had a wonderful food experience having Brunch at the Weekapaug Inn on Sunday. We chose to have the main course rather than the full brunch menu as we didn't want to stuff ourselves. We all chose a different menu item and everyone was very pleased with their choice.The creativity and flavors of the food served there would be hard to find in most restaurants. Everything is prepared with such care and perfection. Also, coffee, tea and fresh juices were included in the price. We can hardly wait to go to brunch again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yumvkk32VIPDined on 4/5/2014Took my granddaughter here for lunch for the start of a weekend getaway--a little quality for the two of us. I've been to the Weekapaug Inn several times and thought she would enjoy it. She did. There were lots of great selections on the menu but we both opted for the farm fresh burgers and they were outstanding, juicy and moist perfectly cooked smothered in carmelized onions, bacon, and Vermont cheddar. We opted for healthy field greens as our side. I can't remember the last time I had a burger so this one was especially good and especially satisfying. A guilty pleasure for sure but one well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just amazingEasternpntVIPDined on 3/29/2014We have been here a few times now for various special occasions and are always impressed with the food. The preparation, presentation and flavors are amazing. This time I found our waitress to be a bit underwhelming as she was making and apologizing for lots of mistakes. For the price point I expect a more professional waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful DaySandyDined on 3/28/2014Where would I suggest anyone to have a delightful, yummy and relaxing lunch with a small group of friends? Weekapaug Inn! It was my first visit there for lunch; and the good news is, now that I've discovered it and since it is only 30 minutes away from my Rhode Island home . . . It certainly won't be my last visit! No matter what the season, what the occasion, or what the time of day/night, I can't imagine that anyone would not completely enjoy the experience of Weekapaug Inn. And, make sure you give yourself enough time, before and after the meal, to just take in the ambience of both the inside and outside of this quintessential New England Inn by the Sea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.