The Restaurant at Weekapaug Inn
25 Spray Rock Road
Westerly, RI 02891Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Restaurant at Weekapaug Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://weekapauginn.com/dining/the-restaurant/
- Phone: 4013220301x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 10:00am; Lunch: 11:30am- 2:30pm (SeaRoom Menu) Dinner:Nightly: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar open daily at 10am-serving Light Fare Menu from 11:30 am- 9 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Backman
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Music in Lounge on Weekend Nights
A word from The Restaurant at Weekapaug Inn
Reopening in October 2012. As the main venue for guest and community dining at the Inn, The Restaurant is a comfortable, intimate setting for memorable meals from morning to night. In the summer, choose a table on the stone patio with its splendid views; in winter, gather your party around a table near the wood-burning fireplace. In all seasons, you can expect the best of fresh, local ingredients to grace our menu—farm-to-table food at its peak of flavorful goodness. Our menu offers a modern interpretation of New England coastal cuisine and utilizes traditional native foraging, local produce, and the ethical use of the sea to create a unique and unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
The Restaurant at Weekapaug Inn - Best Restaurants in Westerly ›
The Restaurant at Weekapaug Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (32)special occasion (31)romantic (28)fit for foodies (25)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (6)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (1)Show More
- weekapaugdchubbDined on 8/15/2014I ordered the Halibut which I love. Not only was the fish overdone and rubbery; but the overall dish was not well matched in flavor. Also, it was salty. The corn on the dish was very good; the best part. The lobster cake was very good. Wine list was very limited. Beautiful place but the food should be better. We would b very hesitant to eat there again.Special Features:
- Service and Delicious FoodElithaDined on 8/9/2014We were met by the maitre d with a smile and taken to our table immediately, making our reservation on time. The service was pleasant, efficient and professional. Food was innovative, delicious, well presented and fresh. This is fine dining at its best.Special Features:
- Weekapaug InnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014The Weekapaug Inn is a nice addition to the Westerly/ Charlestown dining options. There aren't many spots with a gorgeous water view and the service and food were excellent.Special Features:
- Another enjoyable eveningPaulDined on 7/30/2014This is one of the best restaurants in our coastal region. I have enjoyed every meal we've had here and will look forward to others. It was our anniversary and they treated us very personally and graciously, way up and beyond the call of duty. If you want a special night out with a delicious meal, this is a place to go. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AvondalenestDined on 7/20/2014I cannot say enough good things about the Weekpaug Inn. The food was exquisite! Very nice ambiance. The service was impeccable. Taylor was our server - knowledgable, personable and could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heaven on the PondJohnLDined on 7/19/2014Such a pretty place and the food was perfectly done and delicious. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerexperienceN200VIPDined on 7/18/2014Waiter was terrible.He dropped wine glass on my wife,hands and she has 3 cuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of Heaven at the BeachFredDined on 7/12/2014If you find yourself in Weekapaug do not miss the chance to dine here. Both the formal dining room and out door area are spectacular. It is a rare place where the food matches the spectacular scenery. The waitstaff is impecable and extrtemely well informed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid, but overpricedandyDined on 7/2/2014The service was impeccable, the setting is gorgeous, most of the food was very good. The duck dish was disappointing, but the vegetable assortment was fabulous. The prices were unnecessarily high.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014It was our first time dining at the "new" Weekapaug Inn and were not disappointed! We celebrated a 70th birthday milestone with a delicious luncheon on a perfectly beautiful day which made the view all the better!Special Features:
- An exquisite night outPaulDined on 6/13/2014My wife grew up coming to the old Weekapaug Inn, so the setting was already cherished. However, our experience this time made it memorable for all of us. Each of the entrees were fabulous, and when combined with great first courses, made for a special evening. The waitstaff were very helpful and engaging and the setting was quiet enough for easy conversation, even though the restaurant was nearly full. We will make this our new destination for special nights out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dinemysticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Wonderful to fall in love again with a truly remarkable dining destination! Everything so farm to table fresh and inventive. Be prepared to be seduced by your senses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply amazingbuckoDined on 6/2/2014I am always amazed at the wonderful food & service I receive at the Weekapaug Inn. It truly is a gem. The desserts and amuse bouche blow my mind every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quintessential New England GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014We have seen the changes in this beautiful inn over the years and with the latest renovation, it is nothing short of stunning. Unpretentious but beautifully capturing the essence of the New England shoreline. The dining was superb. It was our anniversary and a card was waiting for us at the table. The food and service was divine and we spoke to the Chef to compliment her on a beautiful and delicious meal. Our desserts were also divine and each one was written with Happy Anniversary in chocolate on the plate. A special evening, a special occasion but we are already planning our next dinner there with friends. Views of the pond at sunset were matched by the changing colors of the sky. Incredible!Special Features:
- Limited menu for a table of eight.JannyVIPDined on 5/24/2014Our experience here was somewhat disappointing. Because we were a table of eight I had to agree in advance to a much abbreviated menu: only two appetizers total from the hot and cold appetizers, three entrees and two desserts. Many delicious possibilities were lost to us. The restaurant told me this was their policy. Also, they noted it was Memorial Day weekend and they had many large parties. However, the restaurant was only half full the night we were there and we were the only large party, discounting a group in a private room. I might add, we were seated in an area with not even a glancing view of the water. This restaurant is NOT good for groups! As a summer Watch Hill resident I will not come back if I have a party of eight.
- Not the best meal - way overpricedCookieSnapperVIPDined on 5/23/2014Have dined here before and enjoyed but not this time. The soft shell crab was dry / overcoooked. At $42 this was highway robbery. I think the staff has become indifferent. They hire a bunch of college kids who have the desire to please but don't have the experience or training to pull it off.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014amazing!!! in everyway! the staff was so friendly and warm.. honestly one of the best dining experiences!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant lunchhungryneighborDined on 5/15/2014We did not know what to expect when we entered the Inn. We were greeted pleasantly and shown to a very comfortable and scenic table. The waitress was very attentive to our needs and patiently answered our many questions. When the food arrived, we were treated to tasty, satisfying lunches. We enjoyed our experience at The Weekapaug Inn and are looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Gem.cheersDined on 5/10/2014I'll cut to the chase. I love this place. Friendly, scenic and consistantly great food. The reason I left off a star is because I really wish they could find it in their hearts to give the table something to nibble on while waiting for the meal. We come for lunch and travel a great distance to get to the Inn therefore upon our arrival we are hungry. The meals do take awhile to arrive due to the fact that they are fresh and somewhat complicated to prepare. Last week we did order chips for a starter but they came with our meal. Still, The Inn is a great experience and worth the trip.Special Features:
- South County GemDaveDined on 5/9/2014Peaceful, gracious dining in a lovely setting with delicious farm to table ingredients creatively prepared and attentively served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 104 reviews are from the The Restaurant at Weekapaug Inn reviews archive.
- Weekapaug Inn--fantasticCharrmDined on 4/19/2014Lovely inn, on Quonnochontaug Pond, recently completely renovated. Elegant, but not over-done or oppressive. Celebrated a couple of birthdays at lunch. Food and service was excellent. Felt very welcome. Good for small parties, weddings, brunch. Will try dinner sometime! Is pricey, but worthwhile. We got to wander the Inn and it was lovely; the staff was very friendly. Fabulous view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracious Birthday LunchHydroginDined on 4/12/2014Atmospheric table overlooking salt pond was perfect. The service was impeccable with attentive and gracious staff. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchJackDined on 4/6/2014We recently had Sunday brunch at the Weekapaug Inn and had a great dining experience from start to finish. The food, service and ambience were uniformly excellent. In golfing terms this was the Pebble Beach of brunches, with the only problem being that it will make brunch anywhere else seem very ordinary. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!SmittyDined on 4/6/20145 of us had a wonderful food experience having Brunch at the Weekapaug Inn on Sunday. We chose to have the main course rather than the full brunch menu as we didn't want to stuff ourselves. We all chose a different menu item and everyone was very pleased with their choice.The creativity and flavors of the food served there would be hard to find in most restaurants. Everything is prepared with such care and perfection. Also, coffee, tea and fresh juices were included in the price. We can hardly wait to go to brunch again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yumvkk32VIPDined on 4/5/2014Took my granddaughter here for lunch for the start of a weekend getaway--a little quality for the two of us. I've been to the Weekapaug Inn several times and thought she would enjoy it. She did. There were lots of great selections on the menu but we both opted for the farm fresh burgers and they were outstanding, juicy and moist perfectly cooked smothered in carmelized onions, bacon, and Vermont cheddar. We opted for healthy field greens as our side. I can't remember the last time I had a burger so this one was especially good and especially satisfying. A guilty pleasure for sure but one well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just amazingEasternpntVIPDined on 3/29/2014We have been here a few times now for various special occasions and are always impressed with the food. The preparation, presentation and flavors are amazing. This time I found our waitress to be a bit underwhelming as she was making and apologizing for lots of mistakes. For the price point I expect a more professional waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful DaySandyDined on 3/28/2014Where would I suggest anyone to have a delightful, yummy and relaxing lunch with a small group of friends? Weekapaug Inn! It was my first visit there for lunch; and the good news is, now that I've discovered it and since it is only 30 minutes away from my Rhode Island home . . . It certainly won't be my last visit! No matter what the season, what the occasion, or what the time of day/night, I can't imagine that anyone would not completely enjoy the experience of Weekapaug Inn. And, make sure you give yourself enough time, before and after the meal, to just take in the ambience of both the inside and outside of this quintessential New England Inn by the Sea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My daughter and I dined atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/14/2014My daughter and I dined at the Weekapaug Inn for lunch and it was a wonderful experience! You really felt at ease there. The food and service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IT'S NOT A LESSER OCEAN HOUSEVEEVEEDined on 3/1/2014We love Ocean House, and because Weekapaug Inn is also owned by Chuck Royce we thought we'd give it a try, even though it's a longer drive from Stonington. We were disappointed in the monochromatic decor in the dining room. If calmness was the objective, boring was the achievement. We missed the energy; the 'buzz' of Ocean House. We both felt that something was terribly missing, especially in terms of ambience. The food was somewhat mediocre. The wine list was shorter but at the same price points as at OH. Some of the help was embarrassingly inexperienced: willing, but practically puerile. We're glad we tried, but we won't go back, and won't recommend it to our friends.
- But what about the food?RIRIDined on 2/23/2014The Inn, the grounds, the view, the surroundings are everything the food is not. Beautiful cove views, a simple, comfortable design scheme and wonderful staff can't compensate for a brunch main course that bordered on inedible. The lovingly described lobster omelet was overcooked and meagerly filled with dry, rubbery, off-tasting (leftover?) lobster meat and small chunks of brie that tasted mostly of ammonia. The accompanying potato cake was greasy, the sausage, too, tasted "off." The toast was good, as was the butter. The challenge here is that brunch is $52 per person plus tax and tip (no alcoholic beverages included) and the food should deliver.Special Features:
- Wonderful!jacreme3828Dined on 2/16/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at the Weekapaug Inn. The service was impeccable, the food was delicious. Being a Sunday night, it was not very busy, which made for a nice quiet meal. We sat by the fireplace which was especially welcome on such a cold evening. For an extra treat, if you have lunch there, which we did upon our arrival at the Inn, I heartily recommend the "Adult" Grilled Cheese sandwich. With two kinds of cheese, grilled apples and fig jam, I thought I died and went to heaven. The waitress shared that the chef would like to take it off the menu to change things up, but no one will let him because this is soooo yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DinnerCharlestownLocalDined on 2/14/2014Once our requested table move from the kitchen doorway was accommodated, the evening was perfect!. Food was superb!Special Features:
- Fabulous AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/8/2014We love The Restaurant at Weekapaug. Kathleen was our server both for dinner on Saturday and Sunday brunch and she was fabulous. The food is amazing here, and my mouth waters just remembering our two excellent meals. The butter poached lobster is so good, as is that paella! Already looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerSmittyDined on 2/8/2014Very special dining place. The dishes presented are not the usual and done so with much care ,delicious flavors, and artful presentations. We will return, but only for a special occasion because it is quite expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No duck no dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013The day before Christmas we received a phone call saying that they were not open but we we're welcome to come and have there lunch menu at the bar. So much for our Christmas dinner!
- The Weekapaug Inn is a lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013The Weekapaug Inn is a lovely very comfortable space with very good and consistent food. After several visits the quality and service remain exceptional. The menu is food you recognize but prepared in new and interesting ways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!!!capoDined on 11/27/2013We enjoyed the freshest fish, assorted vegetables, breads from bakers heaven and , surprise..........exquisite pastas. This is the perfect spot for fine food in an environment of comfort and beauty. Our highest recommendation.Special Features:
- Diss appointed in the serviceLimchDined on 11/16/2013Diss appointed in the service my 85 year old father Spilled his drink and they didn't replace it. We spent over $150 for lunch. The menu was not updated on their website and our of turkey at 1:00 for luncSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2013My husband and I stayed at the Inn for the weekend..This whole experience was top notch from the moment we got out of the car. The meals we had here were delicious. The wait staff was very attentive to our every need. We will be returning for our 14th wedding anniversary next fall.Special Features:
- Very nicefrenchyDined on 10/25/2013Very nice place to run from NY, near the waterfront. A little walk on the beach before the restaurant will open your stomach. Then, the restaurant is cosy, nice choices of starters and main courses. You will enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.