The Restaurant at Walhill Farm
857 Six Pine Ranch Rd
Batesville, IN 47006Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Restaurant at Walhill Farm
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.walhillfarm.com/
- Phone: 8129342600x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday - 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Nicholaus Gladding
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Simple elegant dishes for a special occasion, or classic American comfort food with lots of it!
- Private Party Facilities: Business corporate, wedding rehearsals, and group dinners for up to 50 in the beautiful and unique Sulky Lodge. Weddings, wedding receptions and reception dinners, as well as large corporate events, training retreats and ceremonies for up to 700 in The Barn, a 12,000 sq ft horse barn converted to a banquet facility in 2009.
- Private Party Contact: General Manager 8129342600x
- Entertainment: Live music and entertainment year round.
A word from The Restaurant at Walhill Farm
The Restaurant at Walhill Farm is more than a place to eat, it is a destination. A butcher shop, catering hall, and restaurant that hosts special events, corporate retreats, family reunions, and any excuse for a party throughout the year.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Restaurant at Walhill Farm - Best Restaurants in Batesville, IN ›
The Restaurant at Walhill Farm reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (17)great for outdoor dining (15)special occasion (15)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (10)romantic (9)scenic view (7)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (6)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Flat Bread Breakfast Pizza is a HitGraysonDad1VIPDined on 10/19/2014The new menu features a flat bread breakfast pizza. Great option for a light, but satisfying breakfast. The blackberry crepes were also outstanding. As usual, the service was prompt and efficient.Special Features:
- Darren Mooney5moonsDined on 10/4/2014Walhill never disappoints. Food, cocktails, service, atmosphere... all wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014i made reservations 6 months prior to anniversary dinner. I asked for a table near the fireplace. We arrived 15 minutes early on the special night and were promptly seated directly in front of the fire. How could you ask for more? Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Not to be missedHungryhoosierDined on 10/3/2014What a find! Just an amazing Farm to Table restaurant. Chef Nick Redding delivers with everything on the menu we tried over two nights as we just couldn't consider going anywhere else after the first night. I would have made Sunday brunch also if I didn't have Colts tickets on a recent Sunday. Seriously, you will not be disappointed unless you do t go. Locally fresh ingredients either grown on their farm or close by makes this a destination restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thrilled to have found Walhill FarmPleasureWasOursDined on 10/3/2014Finally! Great food in Southeast Indiana! We have only been searching for 14 years! Perfect spot for an increble meal, as well as warm and friendly company and service by the management and staff. We were thrilled with the acoustic guitar and mandolin duo and are sad to hear no more music is planned for weekends-please reconsider. We will be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Country Eatin'RegularGuyDined on 9/28/2014This restaurant is an unexpected gem in small town America. The atmosphere is quiet country in a pastoral setting. The food is very tasty and moderately priced. The service was prompt (Sunday late morning) and our server was welcoming and helpful. Coffee served tableside in a coffee press was a nice touch and the blend they use is delicious. We'll definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigbirdDined on 9/28/2014Waitress very friendly food portion was just right chefs good cook plus good singersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inspired MenuGraysons1Dined on 9/20/2014Everyone was pleased with the new menu options. The duck breast and the glazed trout were phenomenal. As always, the salads were fresh and bountiful with garnishes, but pleasantly light with dressings. The basket of home-baked cranberry bread and rolls was worth the trip! Our waitress was extremely busy and delivering multiple entrees to our table was a challenge. Even though the food arrived in "spurts," it was well worth the wait. Each dish was artfully plated and "picture perfect" as it left the kitchen. The chef and management staff have made steady and significant improvements to the restaurant, making it a great place to enjoy fine dining close to home.....and in a casual setting where one can dine in hometown comfort..Special Features:
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Enjoyed the meal in a German setting. Very nice restaurant with great meal selections. Very unique environment for sure. Plan to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is way better than ambianceworldfoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014I know this is a farm and I guess they are trying to go with that image, but the quality and the creativity of the food calls for better. We had a reservation and were seated at a table that was 4 feet off the ground and looked like it belonged in a bar, not a high quality eating establishment (which this place legitimately is). That said the food and service were way better than one might have guessed from the feel of the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable MealGraysonDad1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Filet and chicken marsala were both winners, and although the service was a bit slow, it was a nice experience. Salads were bountiful and featured the freshest greens and bright dressings. The only downer was a blueberry shortcake ice cream dessert. The ice cream was more like a sorbet and did not have the creaminess to truly enhance the cookie. Other than that, the food was excellent and we had a pleasant evening in a peaceful country setting. We will return to see what's next on their menu!Special Features:
- Went for the music, loved the foodGMommaDined on 8/8/2014This was our second trip to the farm. We knew that live music was featured on Friday Nights, so decided to see what was happening. It was a blues duo, not bad. The food we selected was wonderful, but we both agreed that the entree selection might be a little "out there" for our less adventuresome friends we were thinking of bringing along next time.Special Features:
- SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We are from Cincinnati and used Walhill Farm as a half-way meeting place for friends from Indianapolis and Richmond, IN. We were pleasantly surprised by the innovative food and lovely presentation. Not expected from a place with "farm" in the name.Special Features:
- SuggestionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014Wonderful atmosphere. Quality food and very tasty. But no fish on menu. Also, menu not good for low carb or diabetic diets.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Great!!!eagleVIPDined on 8/1/2014Fantastic location,decor was perfect,Dropped in second night,and was just as good. Selection in keeping with area,and well executed,all fresh local ingredients,and prepared properly,our server was top notch as well.do not miss place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014VERY DELICIOUS, POTATOE SOUP EXCELLANT. WE PLAN ON COMING BACK AS SOON AS WE CAN. ALSO THE BACON WOW, WANT TO GET SOME WHEN AVAILABLESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the beaten pathSaraDined on 7/24/2014First time at restaurant. I am not local so found this out if the way place on Open Table. Loved the ambience. Building is older and extremy well maintained and appointed in an equestrian motif. Staff very attentive and pleasant. Great wine list. Food was very good, although mashed potatoes were slightly over salted. Dessert menu irresistible. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good but...Eatwell1Dined on 7/19/2014This was our third visit to Walhill Farms for dinner. On all three occasions the food was very good but the last two times the wait for food was crazy long. Our visit on Saturday, the waitress told us that they had a party so we were going to have to wait quite awhile for our food but the good news was that once they started on it, it would come quickly. She was right. It took one hour,from the time we ordered till we got our appetizer and another half hour until the entrees arrived. She could not bring more tea since she said they were out of glasses. Water was served in a small glass because again they were out of glasses. It is questionable whether we will return. The food is good but they have to get there act together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- monkeyDined on 7/12/2014First time, the tasting menu exceeded our expectations. Service was attentive, Melissa allowed us to enjoy our drinks and paced service of each course. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/26/2014Pork chops were very good. Filet was very good. Nice that they use local food. Looking forward to trying brunch soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 120 reviews are from the The Restaurant at Walhill Farm reviews archive.
- SonjaDined on 6/7/2014Great food, very fresh salads and wonderful dinnersSpecial Features:
- Will returnC1958Dined on 5/25/2014Our foursome enjoyed Sunday brunch at Walhill Farm. The server was personable and efficient. The food was excellent. It was hard to choose what to select. We are looking forward to returning to try out the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!lhabell85Dined on 5/24/2014My husband and I went to dinner at Walhill Farm after a friend told me that the brunch was incredible. The portions are large and the food was delicious!! The restaurant and decor were unique as well. We live in Cincinnati, so it was about an hour drive to get to the restaurant, but well worth the trip. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible service!PhyllisDined on 5/24/2014Our food was outstanding, but the drink service was and has been, every time we've been terrible. We waited 15 minutes for our first drinks. When we ordered food, we put in a wine order and it didn't come until our meals were almost finished!! Terrible bar service ! Food great, but they need to have more than one bartender!!Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014The food was good but very over priced. I have to rate it fair because of price.
- Excellent DiningHoosierPattiDined on 5/23/2014We enjoyed our first visit to Walhill and will definitely be back. The food was outstanding, and the outdoor seating added to the ambiance. The band was very enjoyable without being overwhelming.Special Features:
- great placeenjoyDined on 5/16/2014Muscian was a little to loud anx it was a little pricey. But we will definetly be back great food, service, and atmosphereSpecial Features:
- What a terrific find!A1countrygemDined on 5/14/2014My sister discovered Walhill Farm from an ad that played on T.V. in Cincinnati. We met cousins from Indiana, who had never heard of it, there for lunch. The quality of the food was excellent and the seasonings and sauces inventive enough to satisfy any foodie. Even though the food alone sets this restaurant apart, it is the wait staff that puts it over the top. They were friendly and made wonderful recommendations making us feel like we'd come home. My only suggestion would be for them to stretch their advertising budget to include Indianapolis. I've eaten there twice both times with Hoosiers who loved it as much as I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Findlove4foodDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant has the most amazing foods, no matter what you choose off the menu. I have been here several times, and recommend it to all of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- competes with a big city for taste.BacchusHaynesDined on 5/10/2014I'm from Vancouver Canada and we have some of the best restaurants in the world! This place could compete! The food was fabulous! The place is very busy, which is always a good sign, but it didn't feel crowded or loud. Its old and a little dark, reminded me of an old boys club. (which is not a fault) I would recommend this place, the only thing they could work on is the wine list, but that would not stop me from going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014We went to lunch on Saturday for Mother's Day and the food was delicious!!Special Features:
- Walhill--who knew?WahooDined on 5/2/2014First time visit a 3 or 7 in our party.....excited to find something different in the area without having to go to Cincinnati or Indianapolis....very few interesting restaurants nearby. HAving said that, first impression, the grounds are huge! Walking in the door, its very tudor style, beams and stucco. But very very dark and very very dated in decor. Would be so much better experience to open up the interior dining areas to light and show off the views. Food was good, but pricey...We knew that going in per the online menu. I had the pricey pork chop & meat was prepared well, thick and the sides were delicious. On line they said on Friday's was live music at 7pm ... but alas...730pm no music....the entertainment cancelled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!DebPeteDined on 4/25/2014We had a wonderful time celebrating my son's 10th birthday. Our server, Brittany, was amazing and our table, conveniently located next to a game room, was perfect! The food was also outstanding. We could not have had a better time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSweeteeDined on 3/29/2014Food is great from appetizers, soups, sandwiches, entrees, desserts Atmosphere was so neat and full of history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary Delight in Country SettingPipelineJoeDined on 3/22/2014This is a gem in a rural setting that is worth visiting over and over again. The menu is creative and the preparation and presentation are outstanding. The service leaves a little to be desired, but overall the experience was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanDancoy60Dined on 3/14/2014Our experience at the Butcher Shoppe was wonderful. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Their explanation of the wine list and menu was very helpful. Bonny and I will recommend this restaurant to our friends. Look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerEatNGoodDined on 3/7/2014My wife and I were there on a Friday night. The service was great. The live music was okay. Our meals were fantastic, first the presentation was great. Both meals tasted fantastic, mine was the porkchop and my wife had the filet. Both cooked perfect. Plenty of food. We were disappointed in the desserts though, I had the cheesecake, my wife ordered the apple crisp ala mode. We would NOT recommend either of these. I think we each took two bites and left the rest. This is the only reason I couldn't give the food a 5 star rating. We will be back in the future for Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Very satisfiedLDesignsDined on 2/28/2014We dined with a group of 10 in the bar/music area. The atmosphere is rustic and cozy with many different nooks and crannies for privacy. The service was good and the waitress was very knowledgeable about the different meats & sausages. I was impressed with the variety of food grown and sourced locally. The menu has good variety and price points. The trio played music from the 80's & 90's. They did a good job, maybe could have played a little softer for easier conversation. We'll visit this summer when the gardens are in bloom.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014We had a great experience and the food was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The main course was fantastic,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2014The main course was fantastic, the bread served was amazing, desserts were just ok. The only thing to look out for was seating. We were seated in what came across as a hallway. A hallway to the game room none the less. We had a group of children continuously running (yes, running barefoot and all) in front of our table while we were trying to have a conversation. So, although I would recommend the place be careful where you are seated.I would recommend this to a friend.