The Restaurant at Mondrian
1100 West Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Restaurant at Mondrian
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mondrian-miami.com/
- Phone: 3055141940x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:30am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 7:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 7:00pm - 10:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Cruz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Escaping the South Beach heat for The Restaurant, guests are welcomed into a world that both soothes and stimulates the senses. A minimalist interior of clean, white surfaces serves as a pristine backdrop for Marcel Wanders enchanting design of chic sophistication and child-like wonder. The outdoor covered patio space overlooks Biscayne Bay, providing a pristine backdrop for any event. Mondrian also offers other magnificent indoor & outdoor event spaces within the hotel.
Let our experienced events department prepare an unforgettable event for you and your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Tablada, Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org 305-514-1947x
A word from The Restaurant at Mondrian
Located just steps off of Mondrian's iconic lobby, The Restaurant at Mondrian South Beach blends the visionary design of Marcel Wanders withan exceptional menu and artisanal cocktails curated by our talented team of mixologists. Offering breathtaking views of Biscayne Bay, this modern American brasserie and sushi bar serves globally inspired cuisine that is locally sourced anddesigned to be shared. Executive Chef Steve Peterson combines inventive American cuisine with an authentic South Beach influence, with signature dishes such as Branzino "ala Plancha" with Charred Lemon & Tuscan Kale, Salmon Nashi with Asian Pear, Yuzu, & Espelette, Tuna Poke with Avocado, Aji Amarillo, Mango, & Pickled Mustard Seed & Mini Tacos served in varieties such as Chili Braised Brisket, Chipotle Lime Chicken, 48 hour Pork Belly Carnitas, and Miami’s freshest Market Fish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Restaurant at Mondrian reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance2.5Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (1)Show More
- TerribleRImpinkDined on 8/2/2014Let's start off with their website advertises brunch on Saturdays from 11am-4pm. Apparently that's not true bc we got there at 11 and they told us they start lunch at 1130 and dont do brunch. The place was empty. Our waiter was never anywhere to be found, forgot to bring us drinks for 30 minutes. We had to keep getting up to ask for things. The food didnt come out with what it said- fries were cold and supposed to have aoili. It came with ketchup and we had to ask for sauce. My cuban sandwich was ham with cheese and a pickle..I would not come back here. There are far better places in Miami to go to.Special Features:
- Pool partyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014At the pool side, more appropriate for whom is participating than for a Sunday lunch out.
- Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014The food was very good although not outstanding but the service was slow at times and the staff did not recognise when they did or did not need to be on hand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disapointingMarimerDined on 4/12/2014There was nobody at the restaurant, no ambience, very little choice of menu, not very good food, it is not anymore what it was a few years ago when I came for the first time
- Missing Great Asia de CubaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013The new menu is very poor and not as great as Asia de Cuba. 4 tables occupied for Sunday Brunch ( mothers day ) and the waiters / waitresses just didn't offered good service. The place is still Amazing ... Sad to see that the new management has boring food. This place / on a Sunday gorgeous Sunny day / with those great facilities, location and Decor ... Should be at full Capacity!!!!! Too bad I cancel my Brunch at SoHo House. OWNERS.... DO SOMETHING NOW..... When ready .... Call the New York Times for a review....
- The atmosphere is excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/31/2013The atmosphere is excellent - a beautiful view by the pool over the water and the decor is fabulous. The food, while a limited menu, is delicious and well presented. I also have to add a special mention to the staff. They did everything possible to make us feel welcome and want to return - which we certainly do!Special Features:
- GO BACK IN A FEW MONTHSNYAttorneyVIPDined on 1/20/2013Asia de Cuba is now gone from this cool, hip (out-of-the-way) hotel. So it was a bit of a let-down to find that the menu had been replaced with standard South Beach (what you'll find anywhere) fare -- sushi, salads and some sandwiches. (Not the greatest selection of offerings nor was the food particularly tasty.) "We're in transition," the waiter offered. "Come back in a few months and this place will be amazing!" So, while you may have to wait to be blown away by the food, the people watching and service were still great, and the cocktails were pretty enjoyable, too. So, if you want a quick drink and a nosh -- and would like to check out the local action -- head to the Restaurant at Mondrian. (Otherwise, I'd wait a few months.)
- Terrible place!!!! The 18%OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/20/2013Terrible place!!!! The 18% gratuity was requested in the check. We left 2$ less the amount they wanted because we service was very bad. The waiter run after us to the parking to get his 18%.....
- Not worth the $$OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Ever since Asia de Cuba left, the restaurant has not been the same. It has now become an over priced, average restaurant.
- pretty quiet. music was aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013pretty quiet. music was a bit loud for dining, and better suited for club culture.
- Different menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/13/2013Although still a good restaurant, they changed their menu, which I was used to enjoying, so it was a surprise because they hadn't updated this change online yet and I was looking forward to some of my old, great favorites.Special Features:
- I have been to a few AsiaOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/27/2012I have been to a few Asia de Cuba: NYC (now closed), London and this was probably below par. The other ones are (or were) hot spots bustling with people. A must go to place. Asia de Cuba Miami was good, but relatively empty for a Thursday night. Food was good and service was fine, but certainly not at the level that I had experienced at other Asia de Cuba.
- Beautiful white decor. So Sobe.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2012Really nice calm soothing white decor. So south beach. Food was good but not memorable. View of the water. Service excellent.Special Features:
- one of the prettiest restaurantsluv2dineVIPDined on 8/20/2012one of the prettiest restaurants in Miami..gorgeous view. good menu. very attentive service. such a pleasant evening.. Miami Spice makes it a bargainSpecial Features:
- Miami's Best . .GarrettOnTheGoVIPDined on 8/17/2012Honestly, one of the best meals i have ever had . . . the food, venue, music, vibe, view and service made this an amazing night. i took someone there for her 30th bday and it was perfect. food hit the highest notes with preparation, color, taste, flavor and everything. we sampled the ceviche's, the sea bass, scallops and a salad. each plate came with remarks of "oh wow" because each plate proved better than what we just had. the view overlooking the MIAMI skyline (when sitting outside) is awesome, beautiful bay/water view. it is a bit pricey, but worth every penny - this restaurant hits the bullseye. book it on the next trip to MIAMI. eat well and enjoy the vibe!Special Features:
- The location of Asia de Cubakbr1962Dined on 8/16/2012The location of Asia de Cuba in the Mondrian Hotel is outstanding. We where there during Miami Spice, the menu they offered was amazing. The experience was visually and gastronomically wonderful.Special Features:
- Went for Miami Spice, theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2012Went for Miami Spice, the menu was good and it was more than enough food for two, but the best things on the menu don't come on the spice menu. Whatever you do, make sure you order the scallops. They were unbelievable and blew everything else out of the water.Special Features:
- Great food & scenery. I recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2012Great food & scenery. I recommend outside dining the miami sky line is gorgeous!Special Features:
- Had a memorable birthday celebratioOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/23/2012Had a memorable birthday celebration and the food was amazing!Special Features:
- Dinner was delicious and theNativeFoodieDined on 4/13/2012Dinner was delicious and the service was good too.Special Features:
- The dinner was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2011The dinner was outstanding . Food, cocktails Ambiance and serviceSpecial Features:
- Really good food. EntreesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/12/2011Really good food. Entrees are big enough for two. Quieter than New York location. Very fashionable young crowd. Choice of eating in or out on the patio which abuts the pool and has a fabulous view of downtown Miami.Special Features:
- The menu was fun and exotic.Gourmet1Dined on 9/23/2011The menu was fun and exotic. Each dish featured some latin flavors and food combinations that heightened the dining experience. From the thin fried yuccas to the fresh citrus blends, each bite was delicious.Special Features:
- Absolutely lovely, the setting,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/20/2011Absolutely lovely, the setting, the food and the service. Our waiter Hiram was so wonderful - he made it extra special. The skirt steak with a citrus soy glaze was so delicious - I was in heaven. This was all on the Miami Spice menu and they treated us like royalty.Special Features:
- We had a fabulous Miami SpiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/19/2011We had a fabulous Miami Spice dinner - spicy beef salad, calamari salad, and those unbelievable short ribs (Wow). I highly recommend Asia de Cuba. The service was wonderful too. It was so good I brought different friends the next day for lunch.Special Features:
- This restaurant was an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2011This restaurant was an excellent selection from the Miami Spice list. Aside from the fact that the portions werent reduced just b/c it was on the Miami Spice menu, it was delicious. I went for the lunch menu & ate as an appetizer the Tamari Marinated Beef Satay, an excelent combination of sweet & salty without being over done. The main course was a grilled skirt steak that was marinated & cooked to perfection. The dessert was fenominal. I am not a big cheesecake person but this was an exception. The blend of pineapple and vanilla cheesecake was heaven. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others. Only downfall I would say is the parking fee $5 before 3:00 pm & after its $15 so we were a little rushed to enjoy the ambience.Special Features:
- Stunning. Stunning. Stunning.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2011Wow! What a beautiful setting with poolside tables, a great water view and fantastic design details by Marcel Wanders. Everything is so impressive. And then there's the great food to top it all off. I did Miami Spice lunch with a friend; the menu choices were very nice and the portions were generous. I will definitely go back to this winner.Special Features:
- FABULOUS!NewNonaDined on 9/15/2011The Mondrian is just gorgeous in black and white with incredible details--like the over-sized bell-shaped chandeliers, spiral staircase with laser cutouts matching the wall decor, along with beautifully placed floor to ceiling white spindle columns. THAT set the tone for a beautiful lunch. The restaurant is located in back of the building, overlooking the gorgeous pool area, Biscayne Bay and the Miami Skyline. Our appetizers were the calamari salad (gigantic and great mix of flavors ) and the tuna tartar (delicious). They had the skirt steak and I had the salmon--again, both delicious. A dessert of a pineapple cheesecake was beautifully displayed and out of this world. Highly recommend and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- I came in a large group inOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/9/2011I came in a large group in which some of us wanted to do the Miami spice menu and others were only there to drink and socialize. The waiter kept giving us a hard time about it bc he said we all have to eat Miami spice or none of us can. it was ridiculous. The manager had to be called. Ridiculous snobby restaurant
- The service is poor. We haveLugribaDined on 9/9/2011The service is poor. We have to call the waiter to ask for drinks. They dont give us the MIAMI SPICE MENU at the beggining, we had to ask for it.
- There were 3 in our partyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2011There were 3 in our party and we did the Miami spice. For appetizers we had the chicken wings, calamari salad and tuna tartar. For entrees, the salmon and the tofu; then for desert donuts. Overall the food was just okay. The best thing we had was the tuna tartar. It was delicious. If I ever went back to the restaurant I would order only the tuna tartar. From what my friends say the salmon was just so so. As for the tofu, bland with not much flavor. I can cook tofu better than what they served and costs much less. Lastly, the donuts tasted like fried biscuits rolled in sugar and wasn;t anything to write home about.Special Features:
- Very good restaurante. I wasmarlonflVIPDined on 9/1/2011Very good restaurante. I was more impressed with good service and ambience (try to seat outside), than the food. The food is great, but the appetizers were better than the main dishes. I tried a lamb, which was good but not outstanding. The Short ribs were also excellent, but did not shine as something unique. A good option, overall and a nice place to go.Special Features:
- Been there many times. TookOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2011Been there many times. Took our relatives visiting from Germany. Everything was outstanding. Food was fab and the service even better.Special Features:
- Miami Spice rates ++++MauaquiDined on 8/31/2011I took advantage of Miami Spice to go here. Excellent food but way small portions. If you add a glass of wine and a side of their specialty rice and coffee for 2 people the bill will be $113+ not your $22.00 per person. Great looking restaurant, quiet, service is excellent and parking is $15.00.Special Features:
- Definetely NOT worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2011The food was terrible over cooked salmon tasteless lamb. The srvice was even worse. Thought this was asuppose to be great place.Never again. The view is nice by the water but that's it! Would stay away!Special Features:
- The food was fantastic. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2011The food was fantastic. The service was on point. The decor, very white. In all, my family and I had a great lunch.Special Features:
- The Miami Spice lunch wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2011The Miami Spice lunch was awesome. The food was beautifully presented and tasted wonderful. I am not normally a cheesecake fan, but the pineapple cheesecake won me over.Special Features:
- Wonderful Spice dinner, deliciousMBK1Dined on 8/21/2011Wonderful Spice dinner, delicious dishes, nice portion sizes. Lovely room & ambianceSpecial Features:
- Had lunch poolside - onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2011Had lunch poolside - only 3 tables seated in restaurant at noon!Special Features:
- Not worth the HYPEOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2011We tired out this restaurant as we are locals in the miami area as well as natives. We wanted to try it with the Miami Spice Promotion we saw. We went on a thursday evening and arrived at 9pm on the dot. PROS: Great tasting food; Wait staff was Great and on point; Beautiful view of the Downtown Skyline CONS: Receptionist / HOSTS are extremely rude and show no sense of urgency Business is based on customer service. When yo don't acknowledge your guests; make them feel beneath you; and give a 1 hour long run a round, it does not equal to a re-visit to your establishment. Lucky my fiancee really wanted to eat and we drove 20 miles to eat there. Luckily i did not pay full price for our experience. Nor would i ever.Special Features: