The Restaurant at JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery
11680 Chimney Rock
Paso Robles, CA 93446Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Restaurant at JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.justinwine.com/visit_restaurant_at_justin.php
- Phone: 8055913224x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Saturday: 11:00pm - 2:00pm; Sunday (brunch): 10:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday, first seating at 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Will Torres
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
A word from The Restaurant at JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery
Executive Chef Will Torres takes full advantage of “farm to table” local offerings blending and bending savory and sweet, nouveau and traditional, Chef Will’s food delivers nuances of urban sophistication and down home delicious.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Restaurant at JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery - Best Restaurants in Paso Robles ›
The Restaurant at JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (18)great for outdoor dining (17)romantic (15)notable wine list (15)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (14)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (9)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- Perfection!Larry20854VIPDined on 9/17/2014Wonderful food in a glorious setting. What else is there to say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining ExperencelgfirthDined on 9/16/2014At Justin wine club members we decided to try the restaurant for our 25th anniversary. Arrived at the tasting room/restaurant and we were greeted by Kirby bearing two champagne glasses as wishing us a happy anniversary (great start). After that the culinary extravaganza began. Each course was impeccable prepared and a visual delight, with amazing flavors and farm ingredients and wine choices blended perfectly. The service that Kirby and the team provided was also world class. In addition to the 4 printed courses we also received a "gift from the chef" to start the meal and an extra plate of sweet treats to end the meal. This spot is perfect for a romantic dinner for two or a couples night out if you love fine food and wine.Special Features:
- Wonderful settinggmanDined on 9/7/2014Sitting outside on a shaded terrace with a California hills view. Great setting, quiet and just a very nice spot. Menu was limited...Special Features:
- Great Food, disappointing servicelitcrazedDined on 9/6/2014It was our second time dining at Justin. The first was perfect. This time, we arrived at our reservation time, were seated and then waited 20 minutes with nothing but water served. Servers walked by us many times and we watched them chatting with a few tables. We finally asked the hostess if someone was assigned to our table. She seemed confused but told us she thought there was somebody. The waiter then appeared and apologized, but in a half-hearted way. I ordered a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and it was served warm. Ten minutes later, the waiter stopped me on my way into the tasting room and told me he had forgotten our order and asked me to repeat it. Because the food was so excellent, we may give them one more chance.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014off the beaten path, about as far off the Paso Robles wine trail as you can get. that is a plus. menu keeps it simple yet enough variety. refined yet outdoor casual, fresh decorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Justin LunchMikeyDined on 8/22/20141st time visit and everything was excellent, salads were fresh and unique and the protein was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- So Worth It!!cbweller30Dined on 8/9/2014I was at The Restaurant last Saturday for my 40th Birthday celebration. I was very impressed with every aspect of the place. The service was fantastic and the food great. The wine pairing was the cherry on the top for this special occasion! The staff and the Chefs took care of me on my special day!Special Features:
- BeuatifulSealBeachlovesPasoDined on 8/8/2014We came up for lunch, but found ourselves still a little full from a late breakfast. Our waiter suggested the cheese tray with meat, which we ordered. It was delicious, had fun mixing the various cheeses with the accompaniments on the plate. Enjoyed a delicious glass of rose followed by the red wine flight which we shared. Perfect! After we went on the tour which was informative and fun.Special Features:
- We loved our brunch!LoveToWineAndDineVIPDined on 7/27/2014Everything was wonderful! Thank you! We loved the patio!Special Features:
- Hats off to JustinDeliciosoDined on 7/24/2014One of the most elegant and sophisticated romantic dinners ever! Fabulous pre set 5 course menu with memorable creative food offerings and world class service. And, the wines (as we expected) were also outstanding!Special Features:
- AndiVIPDined on 7/18/2014Truly the best dining experience we have ever had. The food was extraordinary, the service was impeccable, the setting was gorgeous and the wine pairings were to perfection. An incredible evening in every way.Special Features:
- Wow what an experience!DawgmanDined on 7/15/2014For our vacation I had to make Justin a stop. Paso Robles is a charming place and Justin is located on the fringe. I've always been a fan of Justin wine. This was our 1st visit. The food had so much flavor in each course. The staff are warm and "wine smart". Five tables only for dinner. Noise level is a function of the other tables of which only 4 were reserved our night. The wait staff were delighful and accomodating. Wine pairing is recommended. Call ahead to get the current menu as the Open Table one is outdated. We became wine members at our earlier tasting session and saved some $ on our bell. Then I negated all that and bought more bottles of wine to take home! Truly a gem of a place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinneredwardDined on 7/15/2014The fixed tasting menu was excellent. Our particular favorites were the asparagus salad and grilled sea bass. It was a beautiful garden/vineyard view and cool to watch the chef collect fresh ingredients from the garden in between courses. Only 5 tables so a special occasion setting with very personal service.Special Features:
- OutstandingDaveSVIPDined on 7/12/2014Food - spectacular. Service - friendly and attentive. Setting - fabulous. Wine pairing - very good and generous. Best restaurant in SLO county.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice respite in wine countryDM2InspVIPDined on 6/14/2014We enjoyed our visit to the tasting room and restaurant. The food was well done, but somewhat pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 129 reviews are from the The Restaurant at JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014Food was great... service was great... venue was beautiful..... we will be back.....Special Features:
- Wonderful wine!CBradshawDined on 5/9/2014Loved the wine tastings, the view and the burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your sunglasses!PgandeDined on 5/4/2014If you eat outside on the back patio, it can be incredibly bright and very hot. They have great shade umbrellas but if the suns just right, it might not be enough to keep you out of the heat. Beautiful scenery. Tables are far enough apart that you feel you have a bit of privacy. Try the stickie buns, they were awesome and a meal unto themselves. :).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnifico!!meals2rememberDined on 5/4/2014Thoroughly enjoyed food, wine, and ambiance! Beautiful property serves as backdrop for a special taste experience! Drive to and from Justin is one that encourages one to slow down and savor the views. This place is one for a special occasion -- too far away from anywhere else not to be! Beautiful small Inn encourages lingering awhile! Other boutique wineries on Chimney Rock Rd. can add to your experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Justin lunchWineLovers2Dined on 5/3/2014We are Justin Winery club members and have been for several years. We have never had a bad experience there. We had not eaten at the new restaurant yet, so we invited a couple of special friends to join us for lunch. In the beginning there was some confusion over who would be our server, it turned out to be Gabriel. My husband and I have been in the hospitality business for years and I would venture to say that Gabriel was the worst server we have ever had. He was rude, not knowledgeable regarding wine OR food service, inattentive and somewhat insolent. Needless to say, it was a very unpleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern food; beautifully servedslofoodieDined on 4/13/2014Well worth the scenic drive, this restaurant exceeded my expectations. Our waiter Gabriel was attentive, knowledgeable, and willing to spend time describing dishes and their sources. The menu (though a bit meat heavy) had a nice array of choices with exquisite cheeses, handmade breads, and luscious desserts. The ambience is clean, modern, and restful with views of the vineyards surrounding the outdoor patio. Our visit was during a Sunday brunch but the tasting menus for an extravagant dinner sounded well worth the price. Though Justin has a fine reputation for its wines, we do not drink, so we made the trip for the food and the location. We were not disappointed. Foodies rejoice. This is a place you'll return to time and after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceDHDINEDined on 3/30/2014The restaurant staff was very professional and friendly. The food was outstanding. The entire experience was A class. The vineyard is beautiful with an incredible prestine winery and relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner we have ever had!!ChristyVIPDined on 3/20/2014This was our 20th anniversary dinner and it could not have been a more perfect way to spend our special night! The service was outstanding, the food was divine and the wine was perfectly paired with each course and DELICIOUS!! The restaurant is beautiful and the views are spectacular!! We loved everything about our experience!! I would highly recommend this dinner to anyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was outstandingjdmar32Dined on 3/15/2014Everything was outstanding at JUSTIN the waiter Gabe was amazing and the food was incredible. We can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but priceyJam3998Dined on 2/18/2014I was drawn there by the wine and intrigued by the description of the food. A very nice experience--the food was very good and well presented, but not worth the (fixed) price of $135.00 (plus another 45.00 for wine pairings). I could dine superbly in NYC for these prices! $135.00 for food and wine would have been more in keeping with what was presented. It is clear that Justin the Restaurant has big overhead, and the price reflects that.Special Features:
- Awesome brunch!Trace228Dined on 10/27/2013I took my family here for brunch. The view is spectacular and I think the brunch is the best in the area! I highly recommend the French Toast Soldiers and the Sauvignon Blanc Spritzer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2013We had our anniversary dinner at Justin. The food was fantastic. One of the top two restaurants in SLO county. Service was fabulous as well. Ambiance is slightly lacking but definitely does not detract from the quality and presentation of the amazing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Setting, Modern DreamNiennaCalafalas13Dined on 9/18/2013As photographers and foodies, my husband and I were delighted find this place to be a sensory bullseye. Justin has a beautiful and perfectly quaffed Vineyard, where the outdoors is nothing short of lovely landscape and lush terrain, complimented by the clean architecture, blond wood exterior, lanai-like doors and windows circling the building. Inside, you have some incredible views, modern open-spaced interiors and furniture, and then of course, you have the food... Every dish served was absolutely fantastic - the chef is in his twenties (clearly savant) and did all the cooking and preparation of each course - Simply beautiful plates with incredibly unique and enlightening flavors - Truly a NOT TO BE MISSED experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an amzing dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/12/2013The dinning room is very cozy and comfortable.The beautiful view absolutely makes you feel relaxed and romantic. When we were there, it only set up 3 tables so you could have a quiet,delicious dinner under candle light. The servicers are extremely nice and friendly. There are 8 dishes for per person. Every dish looked beautiful and tasting yummy. The only thing made me not very pleasant is that I couldn't chose my own main course. There are only two choice: meat or veggie. I order meat so I got lamb for my main course but I really dislike lamb even it was cooked well.My husband order veggie and he got seafood but it was too raw, tasted very fishy. It would be perfect with wasabi and soy sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changed and not for the betterPmc2VIPDined on 8/30/2013What a disappointment , we brought 5 friends after bragging about the excellent cuisine at the restaurant. Our server tried to tell us that the restaurant did not serve bread while you're waiting, we then asked for breadsticks from the tasting room "oh we don't have those any more ". One of the signature dishes was always the gourmet burger . Several people ordered the burger ( $18 ) and it was barely 1/2 thick and well done. If wanted a tiny pattie , we would have gone to In and Out Burger. Place has lost it's charm , very sad as it was one of the reasons we would come to Paso.
- The food was amazing, fromOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2012The food was amazing, from the pumpkin soup to the beet salad to the riccota gnochi. The chef really knows what he is doing and even came out to make sure that everything was well recieved. Love the personal touches like that, it shows he cares about his food. The wait staff was attentive without being over done. Well done Justin!!Special Features:
- I was disappointed with JustinOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2012I was disappointed with Justin restaurant. I could not get into dinner so choose lunch. Cheese plate was cold which does not enhance the taste; burger was not worth the $20 as have had better at the Shake Shack. Made my comments known to waiter but there was little feedback; Thanksgiving weekend and perhaps staff was off but the standard the restaurant holds itself to was certainly lacking.Special Features:
- We went to the RestaurantGinnySVIPDined on 11/24/2012We went to the Restaurant for lunch for the first time. The salads are huge; a meal in themselves. My bison short rib was presented swimming in a white sauce and not very appetizing. We each had a glass of wine & felt that the pour was quite small especially since it was their own wines. I would not return for lunch; however, in the past we have thoroughly enjoyed dinner at this restaurant. I understand it is under new management and hope that our lunch was not a reflection on changes they have made. Wine tasting is no longer this location.Special Features:
- Price is over the top!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2012I have eaten in a lot of fine restaurants, steamships, etc. so I can truly say the food and food service was exemplary. We had a five-course semi pre-fix with an appetizer and sparkling wine thrown in for starters. The dining room is cozy and tight, but we felt no intrusion from other guests. My guest and I had the recommended wine flight, my wife had one glass of fine wine and my guest's wife is a non-drinker so had water only. THE TOTAL BILL WITH A GRACIOUS TIP WAS APPROXIMATELY $670.00!!!! This will probably discourage RIF-RAF like me in the future.Special Features:
- Romantic - Great Wine - Great FoodPlayer6464VIPDined on 11/3/2012This topped our dining experience in Paso Robles. I will be back and love the farm to table menu...and wine pairings!!Special Features:
- We loved this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/18/2012We loved this restaurant. So intimate! The food was fantastic and very memorable! Outstanding service. Will dine here again on our next trip to Paso.Special Features:
- Intimate, elegant room. TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/3/2012Intimate, elegant room. Terrific service, delicious food and, of course, fabulous wine. A little on the pricey side given how far out of town they are but for a special occasion, it's a great choice.Special Features:
- Best of ClassOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012To die for modifiied fixed menu. Service was gracious and attentive.Special Features:
- Wine Country GemTSRA2001VIPDined on 9/23/2012This is a special gem. Best ever Heirloom Tomato Salad had a variety of special/sweet tomatoes with pesto and a unique burrata. Halibut was tender, moist, with a thin crispy crust on a bed of flavorful corn and roasted potato succotash-- again the best I have ever had. Lamb sirloin, sous vide was very tasty and not "lamby" although not the tenderest. Ambience was great and relaxing-- only reason for 4 instead of 5 stars was because it was quite warm dining outside. Loved it so much we are returning in a week.Special Features:
- The experience was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2012The experience was very good. I took a friend to Justin Winery for lunch. The atmosphere was fun and beautiful. The only little problem we had was, once we were seated we were left for about 20 minutes before someone came to see if we'd ordered. We did not even know that the person who seated us was not our waitress. Once our waiter arrived everything smoothed out. He was excellent in every way. We enjoyed everything else about the time we had there and will definitely go again. The food was excellent and the dessert was to die for. Thank you.Special Features: