3213 Scott Street
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.republicsf.com/
- Phone: 4158171337
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 11pm (doors close at 2am); Brunch: Saturday: 9am - 3pm, Sunday: 10am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have numerous options for events ranging from 15 to 250 people. Please contact us for more info.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 415-817-1337
- Special Events: We have numerous options for events ranging from 15 to 250 people. Please contact us for more info.
A word from The Republic
Classic meets contemporary at our spirited neighborhood gathering place, designed to embody the comforts of a time-honored bar and grill, with a modern twist. The Republic offers a contemporary menu featuring creative takes on traditional bar snacks, grill fare and comfort food made from local, seasonal ingredients. We also feature classic cocktails - and our modern spin on them, a wine list focused on artisan producers, as well as the largest all-American craft beer list in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Republic reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great location - average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2012Great location - easy to find. Plenty of large screen TVs good for sports fans. First time dining at The Republic - it was a Tuesday night and fairly empty yet the service was quite slow (15-minutes to get a vodka Martini even though there were no customers at the bar and the bar was 10 ft. away from our table). Perhaps there was a private party elsewhere in the building? Generous portions. Turkey burger was served dry and some condiments (an aioli maybe) would have made for a much more flavorful burger. The salmon on the salmon sandwich was quite fishy tasting. The best part of our dining experience? The french fries. Other than that I would not go out of my way to return.
- I had a fabulous time watchingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2012I had a fabulous time watching the Notre Dame v. BYU! I can't wait to go back next week. You guys have been fabulous with our group. We appreciate it.Special Features:
- I made a reservation 2 weeksOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/22/2012I made a reservation 2 weeks in advance for a 4:30 game at this "sports bar". I received a call the night before from one manager telling me that my reservation was "right between games" and that they just needed to know what game I was coming to see so they could work it out. The next morning, another manager called and told me that they were "going to accommodate me at 2 pm for my 4:30 football game." When I said that didn't accommodate me, she said they would keep the reservation where it was. When the first of my party arrived at 4:10, they had already given the table away. It took at least 5 minutes just to get through security to speak with the hostess. These people were incredibly rude and I would hesitate to go back there.
- It's like going to a slightlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012It's like going to a slightly more upscale sports bar. At times I felt like I should get up and dance because the club music got really loud and energetic, so it's definitely a place to go with friends, and if you don't mind screaming at each other the whole time over the music. The beer and wine list is 3 pages, and the food list is 1 page, so the food is a limited selection but fun and inexpensive. Fun place to be with friends, may be a little loud if you're trying to get to know someone.Special Features:
- Will never go to The Republic againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012Went there for their bottomless mimosas but the waitress was SO rude and unfriendly. Unlike Circa, the waitress gave us a hard time about leaving the mimosa carafes on the tables. Even though the entire place was empty, she was extremely reluctant about moving us to a bigger table when there were 13 of us. When the bill came, she overcharged us for 2 bottomless mimosas but had the nerve to say that she gave us 2 free coffees; last time I checked, the coffees might be around $3/person and the mimosas are $14/person. She also kept hovering over our table as we were trying to figure out the bill (thanks to her miscalculation on the drinks) ---- she stopped by at least 10 times, all because she needed to run to her second job and wanted the tip
- We had a group of 9 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/8/2012We had a group of 9 people with 2 kids and a baby and the staff did not blink an eye. They were supportive of our large group and delivered the delicious food with a smile. As families know, it's hard to find a comfortable spot out with the kids and we will happily go back to The Republic both with our kids and without. Drinks were also creative and tasty!Special Features:
- We were a group who orderedSheSheDined on 5/27/2012We were a group who ordered 3 appetizers, the spring rolls (they were dry, but the sauce was good.) Carnitas sliders, (really good), and the traditional wings (they were OK). One person ordered the turkey burger, and it was excellent. The others ordered various burgers and all said were very good.Special Features:
- LOVED the RepublicSarahtopsDined on 5/25/2012They actually reserved a table for us, with a little reserved sign and everything. The waitress was super nice and pretty amazing. My fiance and I got two flights of beer, and we were determined to try 8 different types of beer. She didn't write down a single one, but she got them all correct! We heard about the Republic from a voucher deal, and not only did they honor their voucher (1 burger + 1 flight of 4 beers) they let us add bacon free of charge. We definitely left a good tip. I'd come back any day. Their burgers are delicious and their fries are so cripsy!Special Features:
- A nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/13/2012We ended up here entirely by accident because we were in the neighborhood for Mother's Day without a dinner reservation. The restaurant was billed as having "American" food which appealed to my mom so we decided to go for it. When we arrived and discovered it doubled as a Sports Bar we were surprised, but we decided to stick around and were delightfully surprised by the food. The fried calamari was fantastic and even my 6 year old liked it. The burgers and sliders were excellent and I loved my Cobb salad. Their cocktails were also top notch. We weren't an easy table to serve but we got lots of attention. At first the noise was a problem, with both music and televisions blaring, but we asked them to address it and they did.Special Features:
- We were 7 people group. IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012We were 7 people group. I ordered Belgian style draft beer, and we took spicy chicken wings and guacamole & chips. All the meals were delicious! Waitress was very courteous.Special Features:
- Food and ambiance are great,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/14/2012Food and ambiance are great, I just feel bad for the servers. Its not that they did a bad job, its that there are just not enough of them. Everytime I go to the Republic the food is great, but we always say the service is bad.Special Features:
- It is a restaurant that isOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2012It is a restaurant that is entended for people who enjoying watching TV that shows basketball or baseball. That's fine for many people; it just doesn't happen to appeal to me. It is somewhat too noisy for me.
- Cute place that my bf andDrSquirrelDined on 2/18/2012Cute place that my bf and I went to.... good bar food, and fun to just hang out and chat. I will definitely recommend it as a place for my friends and I to meet up.... I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Do not get the fish and chips.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/8/2012Do not get the fish and chips. I've had fish sticks that tasted better. Stick with the burger.
- Cool atmosphere, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012Cool atmosphere, great service, always a good time there.Special Features:
- Booked for dinner, but restaurantwineanddineVIPDined on 12/21/2011Booked for dinner, but restaurant had been rented out for a company party. Therefore, my group were seated in the busy noisy bar. It was a work related dinner and the conversation planned was impossible. I should have been informed when I made the reservation that we would not have a table in the restaurant. No complaints about the food.
- They now offer country westernOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 12/14/2011They now offer country western music night on Wednesday.
- Very poor wine list with mostHerbVIPDined on 11/21/2011Very poor wine list with most of such wines not even available! This is San Francisco and the proprietors should get thier act together with a respectible wine program if they want any local repeat customers...
- Table was ready when we arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/15/2011Table was ready when we arrived however no one served or noticed us for 15mins, so we left. I understand it was Saturday college football night but no employees acknowledged our presence. The food menu had a typical sport bar menu, but seemed to lack variety or selection compared to other sports bars.Special Features:
- Went here to start out ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011Went here to start out our bachelorette bar crawl! The place is huge, they had all the college games on, and it was full of happy people. The food was good and filling, exactly what we needed! Grab some wings, sweet potato tots, and a burger.Special Features:
- We went for brunch and thereOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/4/2011We went for brunch and there were a lot of options. It was exactly what we were expecting - Sports bar with decent bar food. Bottomless mimosas were nice.Special Features:
- Not a very good experienceChaseVIPDined on 8/13/2011The food came out pretty quickly, but we had to wait a while to order our beers and to get them too. We ordered the nachos with carnitas, a reuben sandwich, and the skirt steak. All three had way too much salt, and the skirt steak was ordered medium rare, but served way beyond rare, to the point of partially uncooked in the middle, I had to have it sent back. The topper was when the waitress said she'd bring us a box for our leftovers. Almost 20 minutes later, she came back and said, "oh yeah, I was gonna bring you a box." She finally brought it, along with our check. We have been to the Republic before for drinks, and it was fine; but it was a first time for the food, and it was a pretty bad experience.Special Features:
- with sweet potato tater totsBrittVIPDined on 6/24/2011with sweet potato tater tots and several TVs with the game on... we had a great friday night!Special Features:
- Got off the plane and droveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2011Got off the plane and drove straight to the restaurant. Research the place on the web (I was looking for a sports bar with a good brunch so I could watch the U.S. Open Golf Tournament). Unlimited Mimosas, great nachos and delicious fish tacos. Next time I am in the Bay area, I will return.Special Features:
- Great for BrunchGregVIPDined on 6/12/2011I love the Republic, especially for Sunday Brunch with friends. They had baseball on all of their many large flat screen TVs and changed our game to the closest TV upon our request. Ordered an extra spicey Bloody Mary and the rest of the table enjoyed bottomless mimosas. I enjoyed my breakfast of Corned Beef Hash which came topped with two poached eggs. Large pieces of corned beef and very well seasoned potatoes. Everyone else enjoyed their meals as well. The waitress was very nice and was great at tolerating our very loud, mimosa drinking party of nine. We'll be going back for sure...if they'll have us.Special Features:
- Great bar on Lombard Street!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/9/2011Great bar on Lombard Street! They have tons of flat screen TV's for sports game and a great bottomless mimosa brunch on weekends. Fun spot!Special Features:
- Decided to try this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2011Decided to try this place because a local parenting network recommended it. Terrible service. Terrible food. Overall did not feel welcome. Brought my energetic in-laws in their 70s, and 2 1/2 year old toddler. Will not recommend to anyone who asks me.
- ok place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/8/2011nice place to eat unless there's a local sports game on. We were there on Mother's day and everything started out fine then the Sharks game came on and I didn't mind that at all, but they turned the sound up so loud that we had to yell to hear ourselves talk. it's a small place with good food on a one page menu. not a lot of selections but still good.Special Features:
- A sports bar in the marinaOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/5/2011A sports bar in the marina district that serves food. Their menu is a mix of different items, all include meat, so vegetarians beware. The best item is the burger by far with a small basket of fries. They have an excellent beer list and is one of the only bars on the west coast that has dogfish head IPA on tap! If you want to watch a game, have a burger and a beer in the marina, Republic is it.Special Features:
- Birthday Party SuccessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2011I celebrated my birthday with a group of about 10 people for brunch and their bottomless mimosas. There were many sports games that my friends wanted to watch, and The Republic had enough TV's to support everyone's sporting needs. Seating arrangements made it possible to see and hear each other, although if my group had been more than 10 I don't think that would have been possible. The waitress was attentive and checked on us regularly. Although the brunch menu is small it was really good, especially the breakfast sliders which is what I had. Everyone in my group was pleased with the food, service, and price. I would definitely come again.Special Features:
- Great spot to watch the game-OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/24/2011Great spot to watch the game- tv's everywhere, full bar and good food. Service isn't great and the brunch/lunch menu is sparse though it does boast bottomless mimosas.Special Features:
- five of us went to republicOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/24/2011five of us went to republic for lunch on easter. i had looked at the menu on line and was disappointed that that day there was only brunch. however the food was REALLY good. we were the oldest people there by far, but it is a fun place.
- The Republic is great! BottomlessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2011The Republic is great! Bottomless Mimosa brunch with a lot of big screen tv's for the game. The food was fantastic, I had a breakfast burrito, probably the best one I've ever had a restaurant. Great place, will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- great for watching a gameOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/15/2011great for watching a game and enjoying some quality food.Special Features:
- Wonderful venue for SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/6/2011Wonderful venue for Sunday brunch with friends. Very happy I chose The Republic.Special Features:
- Great place for Groups!bigTDined on 2/20/2011We wanted to find a new place for brunch and I think we have found it. For two consecutive weeks, our group of 6 was seated right away. The food has been amazing. I recommend the Breakfast BLT and the bottomless mimosas were on point. The service was friendly and always ready to refill our glasses.Special Features:
- Good Cougar Juice, Slow ServiceBizzybeeDined on 2/19/2011It was good. The food menu is limited but luckily the drink menu made up for it. I highly recommend the cougar juice. It's freaking delicious. I liked the carnitas sliders. I was disappointed when the frings came out with the trio of dipping sauces and one of those sauces was ketchup. Ketchup is a gimme...it shouldn't count in the trio. The server was hard to find. She would disappear for what seemed like hours when I was desperate for another cougar juice.Special Features:
- Had a group of 13 people forBivaVIPDined on 1/9/2011Had a group of 13 people for a Sunday brunch...great service and great food. Would go back again for the endless mimosas and perfect burger.Special Features:
- It's really a bar with a sideOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/3/2010It's really a bar with a side room for people who just want to eat. Bar was packed of course, but only 2 people eating in the dining room area.I I would only go back if i was planning on drinking n not eating anything! Food was terrible. My friend and i had the steak and it had NO taste at all for $18 bucks. The best thing on the plate was the fries. Other friend had the breakfast burger for $14 bucks and he didn't even finish that. Services was horrible. Waited longer for her then our food. They serve RC cola so if you're a coke drinker don't waste your time on that! RC cola at a bar REALLY!?!? Only thing that come out of this was that we got to see some of the Giants players who were there partying. Wilson, Huff and Burrell!! GO GIANTS...
- Sad to say that although theJWS1VIPDined on 11/2/2010Sad to say that although the decor is nicer, the food just doesn't live up to the previous glory days of Jones...Special Features: