The Reluctant Panther Restaurant
39 West Road
Manchester, VT 05254Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Reluctant Panther Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://reluctantpanther.com/dining
- Phone: 8023622568x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Saturday: 5:30pm-9:00pm June-Oct
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm November-May
PATIO RAW BAR: 4:00pm Thursday-Friday-Saturday, June-September
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Peter Belmonte
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Panther Pub is a lighter fare dining venue at The Reluctant Panther. Warmly lit and comfortably furnished, the Pub is used for special events and private party bookings. Business dinners, wedding rehearsal dinners, and "after parties" (the ideal thing to do after a rehearsal or wedding reception) are particularly effective in The Panther Pub.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Sloan 802-362-2568x
- Special Events: The Restaurant at the Reluctant Panther is a fantastic, elegant site for special dining events. Ancillary event spaces include our outdoor patio and gardens and a two-room, Tuscan style pub space with full bar. Please call the front desk for more information.
A word from The Reluctant Panther Restaurant
The Reluctant Panther Restaurant features locally sourced American cuisine in a relaxed yet elegantly upscale atmosphere. Menus are complemented by a multiple year Wine Spectator award winning wine list. With excellent service and outstanding ambiance, the Panther Restaurant boasts the highest Zagat rating in northern New England.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Reluctant Panther Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (8)romantic (6)fit for foodies (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- RomanticluvvermontDined on 8/20/2014Very good food and service - quiet romantic ambienceSpecial Features:
- Inn Deserves Better ChefGreatoakDined on 8/18/2014A very nice inn with very good wait staff but the food is lacking. At breakfast bacon was overcooked, Eggs Benedict poached egg was hard boiled, omelet was tasteless and potatoes just tasted bad. At dinner both the seafood salad and gazpacho were not good. It seemed no one in management tasted the chef's products.
- Great ExperiencefcuchDined on 8/13/2014Great food. Staff friendly and attentive. Warm setting. Will definitely do it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice...lasteigerDined on 8/12/2014All was great except the grass fed beef was tasteless and a bit tough... The trendy grass fed movement has cost beef lovers the value of taste. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional dining experienceSnowflakeDined on 6/23/2014We celebrated our 38th Anniversary at the Reluctant Panther Inn and was treated to a personalized plate of chocolates after our wonderful dinner at their restaurant.. We ate outside where we enjoyed the beautiful gardens while the exceptional staff took care of our dinner needs. From 1st course to desert the food was beautifully presented and delicious. Our waitress. Sarah. not only gave us great service but was charming as well. Five stars all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6mcw06mcw0VIPDined on 5/29/2014A fantastic evening for our anniversary. Food was excellent. Pace of service was perfect. cocktails and recommended wine spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKJoeBVIPDined on 5/24/2014Went for dinner. Service was friendly and somewhat professional. Food wasn't good. Quite frankly, for what you're served, very overpriced! Red Pepper Potato Soup was runny and tasted like it came from a can; at least it was hot. Cobb Salad Tower (served at dinner??) was more a little cake than a tower and comprised of undressed chopped Romaine, underripe Avocado, Tomato, old chewy Bacon and a bit of Blue Cheese thrown around the plate; miserable. My 30 dollar gnocchi wasn't bad, albeit flavorless and was topped with an old yellowed chervil branch. My partners chicken wasn't bad, but was served with some kind of cold bread ball. Dessert, some strawberry mess with a hair in it was so bad I really wanted my 12 bucks back. No good. Stay away.
- The following 161 reviews are from the The Reluctant Panther Restaurant reviews archive.
- Beautiful ambienceTravelerVIPDined on 3/8/2014The dining room is beautiful as well as the inn itself. Very upscale. Two fire places were burning throughout the chilly evening. We had the 7 course special for 65 dollars and felt it was a deal. We had the opportunity to taste soup, entrees, a cheese plate and two samples of dessert. All were excellent. Service was superior. Overall, a truly wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Manchester Restaurant!NicdcVIPDined on 2/28/2014My husband and I were staying at the Inn and decided to dine at the restaurant. We enjoyed a nice cozy dinner right near one of the restaurants beautiful fireplaces. The service was excellent throughout the entire meal and the food was great. We will definitely return in the future.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurants.RandyDined on 2/8/2014One of my favorite restaurants. Worth a trip from Long Island to Vermont. Food is imaginative a delicious. Service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fine Dining in ManchesterStamfordResidentVIPDined on 1/25/2014Overall very romantic dinner-- great service and the food was on par for what we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful service and so-so cuisineFineDinerVIPDined on 1/4/2014The wait staff was wonderful, congenial, and efficient. The appetizers were wonderful. The main courses were not exciting and the voices were not extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveRoseBDined on 12/31/2013We were staying at the Inn, as we have many times, and had the New Year's Eve dinner. Ambience (as always) was great. Menu and food very good. Service was very attentive, but uneven at times with some small errors that did not affect an otherwise wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhJackieDined on 12/30/2013Food was pretty good. Ambiance tired feeling. Has neither coziness of a VT Inn nor the upbeat. energy of a fun restaurant Service was pleasant but not overly professional considering prices being charged for food. Wasn't bad overall but would not go back.
- Lovely location. Small diningYummDined on 12/30/2013Lovely location. Small dining space, but not crowded. Cozy separate bar area and fireplace spot while you wait. Lots of windows. Two fireplaces in the dining room. Beautiful Inn. Great service. Easy to talk with each other as it is not noisy. Intimate. Great wine choices. Food good, but not great. Bread was very good. Great coffee choices, like espresso...to finish things off, nice selection of single malt scotches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went the week between ChristmassandyDined on 12/28/2013Went the week between Christmas and New Year. Pretty setting with fireplace, white lights, Christmas tree. Great food, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, As AlwaysdavidDined on 12/18/2013We always enjoy The Reluctant Panther. The setting is lovely, the food and wine are excellent, and the service is personal and attentive. At the top of our list of Manchester restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/16/2013Outstanding food. Super-friendly service. I highly recommend this restaurant next time you are in Manchester!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A whole new Reluctant Panther.NYCfoodieloverVIPDined on 10/26/2013We stayed at this lovely Inn many years ago and wanted to visit it this past October while in Manchester. We heard it had a terrible fire and the whole inn was rebuilt. As soon as we entered we saw a whole new look. The restaurant was decorated beautifully. Very elegant but with that Manchester charm. The food was amazing and the service was also. Everything we had was terrific and a top of the list visit while in Manchester. Check out the lodgings too. A very memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to expectationsSpok4nycDined on 10/26/2013i love eating out! in restaurants both fancy or casual, expensive or cheap. Unfortunately i was disappointed with my experience at the reluctant panther. while its known up in manchester as one of the nicest/fanciest meals, the food size, and ambience were really only average. The beet appetizer, had 5 pieces of beet and cost $14. it was so small it was like a farce on what you'd find when fine dining. and there is just no ambiance. while its quiet. its really just a bunch of tables in a room with white table clothes. could use a bit of character, even if minimalism is what its going for. there are so many great places to eat up there, skip this place and enjoy somewhere with a bit more character, and a bit smaller price tag.
- Special PlaceWestminsterFoodiesDined on 10/21/2013Food, service, atmosphere, all were terrific! As special spot for a special night for us. Next time, we'll stay overnight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special PlaceCat1Dined on 10/5/2013Wonderful food, attentive and cordial service. Our new, favorite spot in Manchester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealFloridianVIPDined on 10/4/2013We stayed at the Reluctant Panther Inn and were looking forward to our dinner there, and were not disappointed. The food was delicious and creative and the service was outstanding. We were told this was the first day for the fall menu, but noticed that most of the items were ones I had seen on the online menu example. The restaurant is beautiful and the ambiance great for a romantic dinner. Would certainly recommend and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerBmeyerzVIPDined on 9/30/2013Quiet and charming room with impeccable service. Our meal was outstanding from start to finish.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience ... maybe,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2013Wonderful experience ... maybe, in my opinion, the finest restaurant in all of VT. A little on the pricey side but worthy of any special occasion. My date and I cannot praise this establishment enough. Service was outstanding, ambience was perfect and the food was beyond expectations. If you're in the Manchester, VT area (near Stratton Mountain) and looking for that really special place for dinner, The Reluctant Panther is a sure bet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restauranr ReviewscadafruDined on 8/3/2013We have eaten at the Reluctant Panther on numerous trips to VT. This time we were disappointed. The food was nothing special especally for the price. It was way overpriced for what we got. There are other restaurants in the Manchester area that are better & less expensive.Special Features:
- Very Pleasant!VermontskiDined on 7/17/2013The Reluctant Panther has become our favorite restaurant in Manchester for a nice night out. Great dining room, excellent food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2013Every aspect of the meal is carefully prepared and served at the Reluctant Panther. We have eaten there twice and both times the food has been exquisitely prepared and delicious. The foie gras torchon was complemented by the strawberries, mascarpone and balsamic sauce. The chicken was perfectly cooked and complemented by the hazlenut puree, risotto and jus. The halibut was tender and perfectly cooked. The dining room is large and beautifully decorated, and the tables are separated enough so that you don't have to hear your neighbors' conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DownhillOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/6/2013This used to be one our favorites in Manchester, but it has gone downhill. The service was slow and equivalent to what you would expect at a diner (empty glasses left on table, prematurely clearing appetizers, etc.). The food was decent, but not what you would expect for $100 / person. I hope they can get this back on track.
- lovely July 4th dinner :)OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/4/2013My boyfriend and I went for July 4th dinner and had a very lovely time. We both love food and we were very happy with all we ordered. Our waitress and other staff were lovely as well. We would definitely be going back when we're there :)Special Features:
- Wine, food, and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2013Wine, food, and service were excellent, although we spent somewhat above our budget. Nice for a special night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Ambiance, but PriceyDestinyRidesVIPDined on 6/5/2013We stayed at the Inn, and had dinner there one night. The ambiance and service are very good, but the menu is limited, and the prices are a bit high. All of the appetizers are in the high teens, and the entrees are over $35. It is a good option if you are staying at the Inn and don't want to drive to a locally-based restaurant. Otherwise, I think the prices are too high for the area.
- We had an excellent dinnerNHNonniDined on 6/1/2013We had an excellent dinner at The Reluctant Panther. It was our first visit and we will definitely return. My only suggestion would be to provide more choices of wines by the glass and to include on the menu wine suggestions to accompany the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gem.BhouseVIPDined on 5/21/2013Excellent service. Beautiful presentation. Nice ambiance. Go!Special Features:
- Two cubes of steak for $40DebraLDined on 4/13/2013The Reluctant Panther is a lovely resturant. It is nicely decorated with a quiet, romantic quality. It is very appropriate for a special occasion. The wait staff is well trained, the menu is out of the ordinary. However, our recent experience was extremely disappointing. The sirloin steak, at $40, was served to us as two small 1-inch by 2-inch cubes of meat...a ridiculously sized portion for that price. We were expecting a full sized steak. The two cubes of meat were accompanied by two tablespoons of potato puree, a meal for a 2 year old, not for an adult. Very disappointed in the portion size and the price.Special Features:
- we put "quiet" although whenOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/27/2013we put "quiet" although when we arrived there was a huge party of loud obnoxious business people. they left fairly soon after our arrival though thankfully. the food was great, very good pasta, the meatballs were a bit dry but the fish and vegetables were great. desserts were really exceptional too. will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013This was a great find. Great atmosphere, really nice staff and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- The service and hospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013The service and hospitality of the waitstaff and front desk concierge was outstanding. Meticulously prepared meals provided a slight twist on traditional American entrées. Although slightly on the more expensive, it is certainly worth a look for a special occasion. The entire Reluctant Panther Inn gives you a casual yet elegant atmososphere. Highly recommend this restaraunt.Special Features:
- Great find! Dined with a partyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/1/2013Great find! Dined with a party of 5 after a day skiing at Stratton. Really enjoyed the agnolatti appetizer, but not so much the soup of the day (squash). The flavours were put together well and had many twists to surprise. However, given the outstanding dishes, sorbet dessert seemed ordinary. Service was very good. Server was attentive and funny. Manager was helpful when asked for wi-fi password.Special Features:
- Perfection at The PantherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013This is our second visit to The Reluctant Panther and it was just as wonderful and delicious as our first visit during the summer of 2010. The warm and cozy atmosphere of the dining room was a lovely setting. The amuse of grilled shrimp made for a welcome start. We shared the seared scallops which so succulent and perfectly prepared. The pheasant special was impeccable and perfectly portioned. The salmon was grilled and seasoned perfectly. The service and waitstaff were attentive and a delight. It was a perfect evening at The Panther - we can't wait to return.Special Features: