The Regency Bar and Grill
540 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Regency Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.regencybarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 2123394050x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am -11:30am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am -3:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am -3:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Late night menu: Monday - Sunday 11:00pm - 12:45am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Executive Chef: Dan Silverman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Regency Bar and Grill
The highly-anticipated restaurant The Regency Bar & Grill at Loews Regency Hotel in Midtown Manhattan is the pinnacle of New York’s power dining scene, the modern American grill menu, by chef Dan Silverman, offers updated classics that combine local New York produce with international flavors in a contemporary fine-dining setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Regency Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (11)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (6)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (5)vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (3)romantic (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Business Breakfast GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014This nicely designed, quiet space is perfect for a business breakfast. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Writestuff101Dined on 9/21/2014Out-of-town friends were staying nearby, so we took them out for Sunday Brunch. Due to its address, and being an upscale hotel restaurant, the Regency prices are very high, but the food is good; the Brunch menu offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner-worthy options; and the wait staff is superbly cooperative in accommodating various special requests.Special Features:
- Excellent Service. Good food.Love2bikeDined on 9/3/2014I would recommend the Regency Bar & Grill. The service was outstanding and the food was very good!Special Features:
- PERFECT is the word !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I had a great time. From the manager to the servers, everything was perfect. My boyfriend never drinks and the server suggested a great wine that he loved. My salmon was cooked to PERFECTION and was just right. It was our anniversary so they brought us cookies with a nice note i chocolate along with two glasses of sparking wine. I want to say thank you very much and I look foward to our return in November for my birthday !Special Features:
- A perfect birthday celebrationLuvtogolfDined on 8/12/2014Wonderful accommodative service staff and the food was superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business lunch placeNlavaVIPDined on 7/30/2014Met a work friend there for lunch. Food and service was good. I wish the menu was more explicit. I ordered the lentil salad ($29!) and it was more tomato and celery than lentils. I eat neither. Also we were the only table not to get a bread basket. Location is handy and the space is nice so I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- muy buenoEvans1mesaDined on 7/14/2014great spot for dining and being treated well. Loved the food and ambiance! Dont expect to see celebrities - they need their privacy too
- Fine, very expensive breakfastmorrisDined on 7/9/2014Place to have breakfast meetings. Expensive (30+ dollars per person). Food service are both very good, but you do pay for the ambiance of being in the in place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I remember this -- it's SERVICE!230parknycDined on 6/30/2014The service in the restaurant from start to finish was excellent - warm and attentive; the food better than standard midtown hotel fare. Yes, a great place for "power breakfast," but it allows business associates who are also friends to enjoy the time in an attractive setting with outstanding service.Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceIanMVIPDined on 6/29/2014The traditional eggs benedict was perfect! The service was weak; slow and not well co-ordinated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and serviceFaiarVIPDined on 6/17/2014loved the fish love the steamed vegies great wine selection
- Great for business meetingsN45STVIPDined on 6/12/2014Beautifully renovated restaurant with big tables and plush seating - ideal for breakfast and lunch meetings. Bright, modern, and elegant, and the new Regency lobby is also gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 20 reviews are from the The Regency Bar and Grill reviews archive.
- DISAPPOINTINGSigmundFraudVIPDined on 5/25/2014I was disappointed in my lunch. A very expensive club sandwich that wasn't great and an iced tea that was so bad that I ask them to take it away. My wife on the other hand liked her hamburger and enjoyed the experience.
- mpd1VIPDined on 5/13/2014Can be way too noisy when there are large tables and they do tend to sit people together rather than give you some space to call your own, but perhaps that is to be expected since it is in a hotel.....even though, for me, it is a neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Great place.JennyVIPDined on 5/13/2014Had dinner with group of friends. We were seated in a nice corner where it was quiet enough to have a conversation. Beautiful redo. Only complaint is they should offer more gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunch mtgErwickDined on 5/12/2014We tried to be discreet, and kept any papers to barely visible, but it was a great atmosphere to both treat somebody nicely who was there to be helpful to us, and to dine in an atmosphere that was quiet enough to have a calm discussion. And of course, the food was first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2014Food was excellent. Service was inconsistent -- smothering or no one to be found for more water. Noise level from large tables and the very obnoxious bar patrons was tererible and enough to discourage us from ever returning, There should be substantial effort made to seperate these experiences for your dining patrons.
- Great breakfastOccasionaldinerVIPDined on 4/17/2014We dined at the restaurant for breakfast and couldn't have been more pleased. The waffle was light and delicious. The oatmeal was done to perfection. This is an excellent restaurant for breakfast or lunch.Special Features:
- All was good but not great.diningdiva1VIPDined on 4/8/2014All was good but not great. wine list is very good, with good and affordable bottles. the atmosphere is more modern, but it still feels like a hotel restaurant, not exciting, did not feel like New Yorkers were there, mostly tourists staying in the hotel. It is not at all like other Sant Ambroeus restaurants.Special Features:
- This new venue is fast becomingSKIPVIPDined on 4/1/2014This new venue is fast becoming one of our favorite restaurants. Although rather expensive, its hearthy dishes and attentive service make the visit worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service is ridiculouslyRye20FoodieVIPDined on 3/28/2014The service is ridiculously inattentive. Really, really poor.
- Elegant dining & excellent serviceKSuzanneVIPDined on 3/21/2014I came here with my husband and my children in their 20's to celebrate my father's 90th birthday. It was a perfect place to span the generations. The food was creative enough for my 22 year old daughter and 24 year old son, but not so experimental as to alienate my meat-and-potatoes 90 year old father. All of our dishes were delicious. Another important factor for us was the moderate noise level, which we really appreciated. My father, who has difficulty even with his hearing aids in, was able to hear and participate in conversation with us throughout the meal. It was a pleasure. The service was attentive and excellent. The staff were wonderful about conspiring to surprise my father with a birthday candle in his dessert. We'll be back!Special Features:
- could be betterfoodieVIPDined on 3/18/2014the restaurant was 1/2 full and the service was bad.Special Features:
- Lovely RestaurantFlower11Dined on 3/13/2014The warmth of the greeting the well spaced tables make this restaurant a much needed addition to the East side There is an impressive choice on the menu from pastas to more culinary selections The Sommelier is very good. The nice thing is that you do not feel you are eating in a hotel. The only caveat is to be prepared to pay, the prices a bit aggressive but worth for the ambianceSpecial Features:
- Amazing dinnerMilacikVIPDined on 3/7/2014What a wonderful experience! Food was amazing, the snow pea salad was out of this world, the salmon entree was light in a balanced broth full of flavors, we will also be back for the veal chop and the brussel sprouts! Very attentive service and fantastic wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crazy expensive for breakfast. $22.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/6/2014crazy expensive for breakfast. $22.oo oatmeal ? (Fruit is extra !)
- Night in the new RegencyEBNYDined on 2/26/2014It was a good night,but the service is very very poor, the wither never came and even for sametthing as bring me more ice por my Black Label it took a long time. To let us now what we could have for appetise in the bar, and to know there is not such thing, takes a long time also. So I thing they have a lot to improve.Special Features:
- second chance?AllanDined on 2/26/2014I was excited to go back here with the extensive renovation. i made a reservation for a breakfast business meeting. i was kept waiting and then the hostess who showed me to a puny table with no room for our papers, kind of a cocktail table. i said that i needed one of the tables with table cloths and space. she told me to wait while they set one, right before my eyes. she then proceeded to sit 2 other woman who came after me. finally we got our table, which was excellent for our purposes. the food was bland. the decaf cap that i ordered came as caffeinated and had to be returned. the server was rushed and didn't pay attention to us. they brought the bill quickly wihout being asked to and we weren't finished.
- OUTSTANDING !meekaVIPDined on 2/21/2014Took my wife here for here birthday breakfast & she was so amazed. We've never had mimosa that tasted so good , we kept on sayingtthat throughout our meal. The French toast was good as well as my wife pancakesSpecial Features:
- I enjoyed my evening there.JohnDined on 2/19/2014I enjoyed my evening there. Food was very good. Staff very knowledgeable But service at times was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical of most hotel restaurants,aliceVIPDined on 2/10/2014Typical of most hotel restaurants, just not as good as the top restaurants in the city and expensive.Special Features:
- food was adequate; servicedisappointedVIPDined on 2/3/2014food was adequate; service was terrible. moreover, we were charged for 2 bottles of sparkling water that we did not have.