The Red Feather
3200 Madison Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45209Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Red Feather
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redfeatherkitchen.com/
- Phone: (513) 407-3631
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brad Bernstein & Brett Crowe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer on and off site catering for groups large and small. Weddings, private dinners, cocktail parties, and wine tastings are our specialties. At our house or yours we cater to all your needs.
- Private Party Facilities: The Red Feather Social Room is perfect for meetings, presentations, or gatherings. We have on-site multi-media equipment to aid in the effectiveness of your presentations. Prix Fixe menus are available for Pharmaceutical, Financial, and large group meetings. Semi-private rooms are also available for birthdays, anniversaries, rehersal dinners and parties.
We offer private and semi-private wine tastings and education led by a Certified Sommelier from The Court of Master Sommeliers.
- Private Party Contact: Devon Barrett 2169705506x
A word from The Red Feather
The Red Feather is a contemporary American farm to table restaurant located in the Oakley neighborhood of greater Cincinnati. We offer an upscale casual dining experience with an emphasis on classic culinary techniques and slow, careful preparations. Enjoy forty wines by the glass, 200+ by the bottle, house made craft cocktails and a comprehensive list of micro-brewed beers. The bar is perfect for an after work drink, meeting friends, sharing a bottle of wine or enjoying one of our innovative bar snacks. Warm woodwork surrounds our three separate dining areas each with its own personality, from cozy and intimate to bright and airy. We also offer an up close and intimate Chefs Table where one can watch the preparation of our food and interact with our Chef/Owners. The Red Feather stands for innovation, rough luxury, and honoring those who worked to bring us the products that we are proud to serve and enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Red Feather - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Red Feather reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (159)neighborhood gem (131)special occasion (106)notable wine list (79)romantic (67)hot spot (41)good for groups (35)vibrant bar scene (22)great for brunch (19)late-night find (12)great for lunch (6)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- definitely coming back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Took 4 people to red feather, the food and service was first rate. Very European style dinning small but perfectly cooked main courses with unusual flavored and very nicely presented All 4 of my friends said they are coming back and will try the brunch Great dining experience, plan on $70 per head with wine for nice meal and 3 courses, worth every cent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014My husband and I have been there twice now and both times the food was delicious and the service excellent. We get a few different small plates and share. We love the p.i.g. and whipped ricotta. There is also a huge wine list with lots of affordable bottles. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatieDined on 11/15/2014The food is beautiful to see and delicious to eat - not over-wrought. The ambiance is trendy and comfortable - not off-putting. The people are friendly, attentive and knowledgeable - not over-bearing. It's like being at your favorite foodie friend's home without the urge to do dishes. Your only obligation is to enjoy their food, your companions and have a wonderful time! Which we all did!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic PlaceteejayniuVIPDined on 11/14/2014I loved my meal here. The food is extraordinary. I loved the variety on the menu. There were so many dishes I wanted to try. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and he showed a real passion for the food at this restaurant. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanieVIPDined on 11/14/2014Although everything was really good, the food took a long time to come out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eclectic, tasty, uniquebeachbumDined on 11/8/2014Really good food - tasty, fresh, well presented. Unique dishes. Small but somewhat confusing menu with small plates, appetizers, shareable dishes not well defined. No matter what you order you will like it! Friendly service, perhaps a bit too leisurely at times. Wonderful bread. $60 per person with wine and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outhtminkVIPDined on 11/8/2014The Red Feather does not disappoint - the food, service, and ambiance are reliably great. We are looking forward to spending more evenings this winter in their cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Beautiful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Enjoyed a late dinner at Red Feather... waiter was a little green but food and atmosphere made up for it. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Another great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2014Had a really good meal - great service. Very happy to have another great choice for dining.Special Features:
- Very tasty food!BrianCVIPDined on 11/1/2014An enjoyable meal with excellent components. I'd recommend the ricotta as a truly outstanding dish!Special Features:
- CrowdedLekkerDined on 10/31/2014During the week it was crowded, so I asked why, the answer was simple, "Because of the food." I agree. Only one criticism, the lamb is overly spiced, removing the flavor. We enjoyed good wine at a modest price, and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!welive2eatDined on 10/31/2014Everything was perfect. Reservations, service, wine, and especially the food. We will be back and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, but limited menu overallDatenightDined on 10/31/2014We came here because it is farm to table, so recognize that menu options won't be extensive and will change with season. But there were as many salads as entrees! I don't do red meat so my choice was just soup and salad, as I didn't care for the one chicken or one fish option. However, notwithstanding the choices, the food was very good. The salad was a creative combination using goat cheese, pomegranate seeds, pine nuts, etc. and very yummy! My husband had the pork chop, which the waitress recommended. It looked a little charred, and the dish seemed plain overall, but he enjoyed. The service was very good...friendly, knowledgeable and the right amount of attention.Special Features:
- Very nice....fine dining reasonablyTableforfoirVIPDined on 10/30/2014Enjoyed my birthday dinner. The staff positive attitude and professionalism enhanced the experience. Nice menu well priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ExcellencejmhorneVIPDined on 10/29/2014It is always a pleasure to dine at Red Feather. I have never had a bad meal or been steered wrong on wine selection. The menu is updated regularly and a few key items remain constant. Do your self a favor and make a reservation for a great dinner.Special Features:
- dinerVIPDined on 10/28/2014Excellent experience in every way -- food, service, ambiance. What a great restaurant!!Special Features:
- DeliciousbermudaschwartzDined on 10/26/2014Virgin Mary, eggs Baltimore/complimentatary beignet Perfectly poached egg Enough to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceTmilesVIPDined on 10/25/2014Tried for the first time Saturday - impressed with menu: great appetizer and small plate choices; unique - and tasty cocktails and wines by the glass. Ambiance was very warm - and service was great. We'll be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I had requested a quiet table and we were seated in the back part of the restaurant. It was extremely noisy. Also we were charged for a birthday dessert ( lemon torte ) which I had not requested. I had simply told the server that we were celebrating a birthday. Other than these two complaints, everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingformerfoodcriticDined on 10/23/2014The Red Feather is one of Cincinnati's top restaurants. We rarely return to a restaurant, because the ssecond time is usually disappointing. However, here, this was the second time we've visited, and this experience was just as good, if not better, than the first.Special Features:
- lainey45Dined on 10/19/2014I can't say enough good things about Red Feather. I found it online and looked at the reviews. Everyone was so pleasantly surprised at our new favorite restaurant. The service was exceptional and the food was great. We definitely will be back. Please don't tell too many people as we want to be able to get a reservation. Also great biscuits and the parking was no problem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014I went here for brunch and it had good brunch food. The waiter was really nice, but a little slow in service. I liked the environment and food.Special Features:
- A great mealhtminkVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had not been to Red Feather since it opened - we enjoyed that first meal but this was even better. The menu is large enough to give you lots of great choices, but not a huge list of items to wade through. We chose bistro steak and short ribs as our entrees, and finished with bread pudding. Everything was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed the guestsKikiBDined on 10/18/2014After my mom and dad surprised me with a visit, I wanted to treat them to a nice dinner. I made reservations at Red Feather as I'd been itching to get in there for some time-and from the moment we walked in the door my parents were smiling. The ambiance was warm; the waitstaff-attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable, and the food-delicious (The swordfish and rib eye specials were prepared perfectly). Both parents raved that they couldn't remember a recent time that they had enjoyed their meal so much. And neither can I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperiencebcmmDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I went to Red Feather for the first time to celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary. Great atmosphere, great service and the best pork chop we've ever had. A wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- New York feellindseyeDined on 10/12/2014I absolutely loved Red Feather! I hosted my friend's baby shower brunch here and it was perfect! Both the service and food were 5 stars. The place itself reminds me of restaurants I've been to in NYC. The prices were great and the service was not only excellent, but fun and friendly. I will definitely go back here on date night or even to take my family out for brunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodoverachieverDined on 10/8/2014The menu is interesting and the food was very good. Our group was in the back dining area, which was full (on a Wednesday night) and quite noisy. Difficult to carry on a conversation. Our server was good, but not always available when needed. This was our second time at The Red Feather, and we'll probably go back again for the food, but the noise level, at least in the back area, was very high.Special Features:
- OutstandingJDCNYCDined on 10/7/2014Read about this restaurant in some NY publication as one of the country's ten top restaurants. Now I know why. A must if you are a foodie living in or visiting Cincinnati. From the whipped ricotta seasoned with honey and truffle oil to the fresh oysters to the scrumptious scallops...All were divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotCuisineChicDined on 10/7/2014The food and service was good. The food actually came out a little faster than I expected not sure that's really a bad thing. I was surprised to see that it was an older crowd. Overall, it was a really nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another awesome meal at Red FeatherchungclanVIPDined on 10/5/2014Went on a Sunday evening with a large group of friends. Food was exceptionally good. Beet salad with goat cheese and hazelnuts remains one of my favorites in the city. Shrimp and grits was creamy and delicious. Glad to see they have maintained the high standards for ingredients and creative preparation. Ab fab.Special Features:
- Great find.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/4/2014Service was great almost too good. Lots of servers besides our waitress to help out thru the evening. We started off with the whipped ricotta appetizer.We had the rib tips and special of the night the ribeye. Both were delicious and perfect portions. Great experience overall and will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Mealnoms4lifeDined on 10/3/2014We decided we'd have our date night at Red Feather and I'm so glad we did! I started a Pinot Noir recommended our waiter and my better half ordered an Old Fashioned — both were delicious. We started by splitting a few different dishes from various parts of the menu: A goat cheese purse salad, corn soup and the gnocchi. The salad was delicious and balanced and the corn soup was delightful but the gnocchi! Their gnocchi are the things that dreams are made of! Perfectly toothsome, smothered in a sauce reminiscent of a white gravy, they were hearty and delicate all at the same time. The service was great, the food was paced well, we had plenty of time to finish our dish before the next came. We never felt rushed.Special Features:
- Amazing!!Lcda8888Dined on 10/2/2014EVERY SINGLE THING was amazing. Oysters, warm cheese soup, gnocchi, the burger, bread pudding. The burger was the best burger I've ever had in my life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodtalkDDined on 10/1/2014Went to Red Feather mid-week for an anniversary dinner. We started with chicken liver pate served with toasted bread crisps and various pickled embellishments on the side,as well as a grainy Dijon. Fabulous. My husband had the beet salad and I had the crab salad. We both preferred the beet salad. Beets were the most lovely deep pink watermelon-color. My dinner, the shrimp and grits, had a poached egg atop and smokey bits of chorizo sausage scattered about. Very good. My husband had the chicken - 2 pieces with such a beautiful caramelized color, they belonged on the cover of Bon Appetit. Very delicious. Split the bread pudding for dessert - another meal standout and the best we have tasted. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencekydinerDined on 9/30/2014First time at the Red Feather. We had a group of 8. We had exceptional service, good food and good wine. Server was very accommodating increasing the appetizer plates for sharing and switching out/ adding sides to the offerings. Pork chops, fish special, and steaks were all very good and nicely presented. Restaurant was full on a Tuesday night, but noise level was fine and we could easily converse across a large round table. Courses came at a nice pace, not rushed but also not so slow that you wondered. Definitely would go back again.Special Features:
- Don't miss the Red FeatherAnne1579Dined on 9/27/2014We chose the Red Feather after reading favorable reviews on Yelp. The decor is lovely with lots of beautiful wood. Our waiter was very personable and attentive as well as knowledgable about the menu. He recommended a red wine that we loved. I believe it was Firehouse blend. My husband had the porkchop which was well prepared and portioned. I enjoyed the BBQ chicken which was moist and had a delicious sauce. For dessert we shared the Lemon Semifreddo. Excellent! Make sure to put the Red Feather on your short list. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Great food! Tables close together, a little noisy. Would return , the food was excellent, service great.Special Features:
- Delicious! Small portions.Foodie11Dined on 9/25/2014The food was delicious! Crispy Salmon was wonderful. Friend's pork chop was great. Very small portion of scallops( 3 scallops was $32), and shrimp and grits, but very tasty. Nothing is actually served with the entre except a small portion of cooked spinach, so some go away a bit hungry. 4 people, 1 appetizer, 4 salads, 4 entres(1 was a small plate), 2 bottles of $28 wine=$100. I would definitely go back, but not on a regular basis because of price value. Would love to try the burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Had a reservation for 6. Was immediately seated, and had drinks while we waited for the rest of the party to show up. Service was a little slow but we were in no hurry and made no attempts to move things along. The food was great. Had several apps. Between the 6 of us we had almost all the entree's. Pork chop was great. Rum raisin bread pudding for desert was really good. I'll definitely be going back for dinner and brunch.Special Features:
- I left starving after 4 courses.HydeParkDinerDined on 9/24/2014Food was very well prepared and yummy. However, portion size was very slight for the price. For a 4 course meal, I don't expect to have to come home to snack. .... and I am not a huge eater.