The Red Feather
3200 Madison Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45209Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Red Feather
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redfeatherkitchen.com/
- Phone: 5134073631x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brad Bernstein & Brett Crowe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer on and off site catering for groups large and small. Weddings, private dinners, cocktail parties, and wine tastings are our specialties. At our house or yours we cater to all your needs.
- Private Party Facilities: The Red Feather Social Room is perfect for meetings, presentations, or gatherings. We have on-site multi-media equipment to aid in the effectiveness of your presentations. Prix Fixe menus are available for Pharmaceutical, Financial, and large group meetings. Semi-private rooms are also available for birthdays, anniversaries, rehersal dinners and parties.
We offer private and semi-private wine tastings and education led by a Certified Sommelier from The Court of Master Sommeliers.
- Private Party Contact: Devon Barrett 2169705506x
A word from The Red Feather
The Red Feather is a contemporary American farm to table restaurant located in the Oakley neighborhood of greater Cincinnati. We offer an upscale casual dining experience with an emphasis on classic culinary techniques and slow, careful preparations. Enjoy forty wines by the glass, 200+ by the bottle, house made craft cocktails and a comprehensive list of micro-brewed beers. The bar is perfect for an after work drink, meeting friends, sharing a bottle of wine or enjoying one of our innovative bar snacks. Warm woodwork surrounds our three separate dining areas each with its own personality, from cozy and intimate to bright and airy. We also offer an up close and intimate Chefs Table where one can watch the preparation of our food and interact with our Chef/Owners. The Red Feather stands for innovation, rough luxury, and honoring those who worked to bring us the products that we are proud to serve and enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Red Feather - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Red Feather reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (144)neighborhood gem (117)special occasion (92)notable wine list (70)romantic (61)good for groups (34)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (20)great for brunch (19)late-night find (8)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- A great mealhtminkVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had not been to Red Feather since it opened - we enjoyed that first meal but this was even better. The menu is large enough to give you lots of great choices, but not a huge list of items to wade through. We chose bistro steak and short ribs as our entrees, and finished with bread pudding. Everything was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed the guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014After my mom and dad surprised me with a visit, I wanted to treat them to a nice dinner. I made reservations at Red Feather as I'd been itching to get in there for some time-and from the moment we walked in the door my parents were smiling. The ambiance was warm; the waitstaff-attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable, and the food-delicious (The swordfish and rib eye specials were prepared perfectly). Both parents raved that they couldn't remember a recent time that they had enjoyed their meal so much. And neither can I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York feellindseyeDined on 10/12/2014I absolutely loved Red Feather! I hosted my friend's baby shower brunch here and it was perfect! Both the service and food were 5 stars. The place itself reminds me of restaurants I've been to in NYC. The prices were great and the service was not only excellent, but fun and friendly. I will definitely go back here on date night or even to take my family out for brunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodoverachieverDined on 10/8/2014The menu is interesting and the food was very good. Our group was in the back dining area, which was full (on a Wednesday night) and quite noisy. Difficult to carry on a conversation. Our server was good, but not always available when needed. This was our second time at The Red Feather, and we'll probably go back again for the food, but the noise level, at least in the back area, was very high.Special Features:
- OutstandingJDCNYCDined on 10/7/2014Read about this restaurant in some NY publication as one of the country's ten top restaurants. Now I know why. A must if you are a foodie living in or visiting Cincinnati. From the whipped ricotta seasoned with honey and truffle oil to the fresh oysters to the scrumptious scallops...All were divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotCuisineChicDined on 10/7/2014The food and service was good. The food actually came out a little faster than I expected not sure that's really a bad thing. I was surprised to see that it was an older crowd. Overall, it was a really nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another awesome meal at Red FeatherchungclanVIPDined on 10/5/2014Went on a Sunday evening with a large group of friends. Food was exceptionally good. Beet salad with goat cheese and hazelnuts remains one of my favorites in the city. Shrimp and grits was creamy and delicious. Glad to see they have maintained the high standards for ingredients and creative preparation. Ab fab.Special Features:
- Great find.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/4/2014Service was great almost too good. Lots of servers besides our waitress to help out thru the evening. We started off with the whipped ricotta appetizer.We had the rib tips and special of the night the ribeye. Both were delicious and perfect portions. Great experience overall and will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Mealnoms4lifeDined on 10/3/2014We decided we'd have our date night at Red Feather and I'm so glad we did! I started a Pinot Noir recommended our waiter and my better half ordered an Old Fashioned — both were delicious. We started by splitting a few different dishes from various parts of the menu: A goat cheese purse salad, corn soup and the gnocchi. The salad was delicious and balanced and the corn soup was delightful but the gnocchi! Their gnocchi are the things that dreams are made of! Perfectly toothsome, smothered in a sauce reminiscent of a white gravy, they were hearty and delicate all at the same time. The service was great, the food was paced well, we had plenty of time to finish our dish before the next came. We never felt rushed.Special Features:
- Amazing!!Lcda8888Dined on 10/2/2014EVERY SINGLE THING was amazing. Oysters, warm cheese soup, gnocchi, the burger, bread pudding. The burger was the best burger I've ever had in my life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodtalkDDined on 10/1/2014Went to Red Feather mid-week for an anniversary dinner. We started with chicken liver pate served with toasted bread crisps and various pickled embellishments on the side,as well as a grainy Dijon. Fabulous. My husband had the beet salad and I had the crab salad. We both preferred the beet salad. Beets were the most lovely deep pink watermelon-color. My dinner, the shrimp and grits, had a poached egg atop and smokey bits of chorizo sausage scattered about. Very good. My husband had the chicken - 2 pieces with such a beautiful caramelized color, they belonged on the cover of Bon Appetit. Very delicious. Split the bread pudding for dessert - another meal standout and the best we have tasted. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencekydinerDined on 9/30/2014First time at the Red Feather. We had a group of 8. We had exceptional service, good food and good wine. Server was very accommodating increasing the appetizer plates for sharing and switching out/ adding sides to the offerings. Pork chops, fish special, and steaks were all very good and nicely presented. Restaurant was full on a Tuesday night, but noise level was fine and we could easily converse across a large round table. Courses came at a nice pace, not rushed but also not so slow that you wondered. Definitely would go back again.Special Features:
- Don't miss the Red FeatherAnne1579Dined on 9/27/2014We chose the Red Feather after reading favorable reviews on Yelp. The decor is lovely with lots of beautiful wood. Our waiter was very personable and attentive as well as knowledgable about the menu. He recommended a red wine that we loved. I believe it was Firehouse blend. My husband had the porkchop which was well prepared and portioned. I enjoyed the BBQ chicken which was moist and had a delicious sauce. For dessert we shared the Lemon Semifreddo. Excellent! Make sure to put the Red Feather on your short list. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Great food! Tables close together, a little noisy. Would return , the food was excellent, service great.Special Features:
- Delicious! Small portions.Foodie11Dined on 9/25/2014The food was delicious! Crispy Salmon was wonderful. Friend's pork chop was great. Very small portion of scallops( 3 scallops was $32), and shrimp and grits, but very tasty. Nothing is actually served with the entre except a small portion of cooked spinach, so some go away a bit hungry. 4 people, 1 appetizer, 4 salads, 4 entres(1 was a small plate), 2 bottles of $28 wine=$100. I would definitely go back, but not on a regular basis because of price value. Would love to try the burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Had a reservation for 6. Was immediately seated, and had drinks while we waited for the rest of the party to show up. Service was a little slow but we were in no hurry and made no attempts to move things along. The food was great. Had several apps. Between the 6 of us we had almost all the entree's. Pork chop was great. Rum raisin bread pudding for desert was really good. I'll definitely be going back for dinner and brunch.Special Features:
- I left starving after 4 courses.HydeParkDinerDined on 9/24/2014Food was very well prepared and yummy. However, portion size was very slight for the price. For a 4 course meal, I don't expect to have to come home to snack. .... and I am not a huge eater.
- Great Spot for 20th AnniversaryLikeGoodFoodDined on 9/24/2014We went to Red Feather for a 20th wedding anniversary, knowing nothing about it other than info on Open Table. We were delighted by experience, and although I can be frugal, the pricing was not ridiculous. I've never had a cheese board like Red Feather's; they really match cheeses, fruits, and nuts well. Unless you have dietary restrictions, you must have the Steamed Pork Belly Buns; these are just silly good, and we will be returning for more. We also had their Barbeque Chicken dinner, and shrimp and risotto. Both were outstanding, and happily I had enough chicken leftover for the next day. Cocktails were well-mixed and ample. Our waiter, Stuart, was helpful and attentive without being overbearing. I highly recommend Red Feather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyTanyaDined on 9/20/2014the food is good but not excellent...flank steak was flavorless and a small portion for the price. The Short Ribs were excellent! Mac and cheese was just so so. Atmosphere is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous!love2eatincintiDined on 9/18/20142 old friends and myself had a lovely evening of food and wine! We weren't rushed and thoroughly enjoyed everything from the whipped ricotta to the beet salad to the shrimp and grits and finally the coffee and hazelnut torte. Wonderful spot with a great staff. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Open Kitchen is too noisy!TeriVIPDined on 9/13/2014First time dinner and seated in the upper level. Way too noisy for nice dining. Would only go back if seated in lower dining room. Open kitchen concept is old and never was a great idea except I'm a casual experience.
- Unique and a great findOrangeeboomDined on 9/10/2014Staff are super and wince list great. Knowledge of the food recommendations. Busy atmosphere and a cool setting. Recommend for a romantic meal for 2 or a small business meeting to impress with something unique.Special Features:
- Accommodating allergiestrexarmsDined on 9/9/2014It was a great meal for our anniversary. My wife has a lot of food allergies and the chef was able to accommodate all of her allergies. The best part was that since all of the meals are made from scratch, we didn't have to worry about hidden gluten or corn in pre made dishes. The food was outstanding and the service was great too. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dust jacketsDustJackets1Dined on 9/9/2014We started with the Charcuterie Board 3 meats (one was salmon) as a appetizer for the table, with a bottle of wine; it was a excellent start. I had the Lamb chops which where super ; my other guest had the Pork Chops ( which I will definitely have the next time ) the baby potatoes were great but the Chop looked outstanding. The other 2 guest had the Shrimp and grits, they both said they where good, however only 3 shrimp and I think they were still hungry. We ending the evening with sharing an order of the Rum Raisin Bread Pudding.... Oh My!Special Features:
- A solid date night placeGoodnessDined on 9/9/2014The atmosphere and service is upscale, yet very comfortable and the food is extremely fresh and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday!MrHalfFullVIPDined on 9/6/2014We took my son his for his 18th birthday (he's a bit of a foodie) and it was a hit!. We had a nice table with a nook that my younger daughter curled up in - it was quite cozy. She wanted a children's menu but there isn't one; however, making a dish to order was not a problem (shrimp linguini that was not on the menu that night). This is a scratch kitchen with a rotating menu that fits on a single page. Think quality over volume here so take advantage of that by ordering some appetizers and/or a salad. They also have small plates incase you are looking for a little less. We have been there a few times and it has yet to disappoint. My favorite (so far) is the freshly made ricotta appetizer - YUMMM!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMikeVIPDined on 9/6/2014Really enjoyed our visit to Red Feather. We sampled across the menu and came away very pleased overall. The entrees were outstanding, but some of the starters were a little flat. We tried the Gnocchi and thought the sauce was outstanding, but the overall dish was rather dry. For entrees, my wife had the burger and was impressed. Juicy, flavorful and the cheese was superb. I had the short ribs and they were some of the best short ribs I have ever had. Extremely tender, great flavor throughout the rib and the ginger infused sauce finished it strong. Service was extremely knowledgeable and knew the wine list well. However, especially in the beginning the service started out very slow, the first dish didn't arrive for almost 50 mins.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014Prices seem to be a bit high by comparison to many competing restaurants.Special Features:
- disappointedandyeatsDined on 8/31/2014We were over all disappointed in the entire experience. Nothing was bad but nothing stood out either. The service was only ok. I had higher expectations
- Green light for red featherJoiseygirl49Dined on 8/31/2014Absolutely brilliant ! The atmosphere is simple with a cool but intimate feel ! Every bite is better than the next ....a positive experience and for sure going back for more ! To die for and fabulous !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the smaller platesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The soup, side dishes and appetizers are just wonderful, next time I will skip the entree and put together a meal of just those items. The pork chop entree was fine, but like most restaurants, it was a bit of a letdown vs. the amazing flavors of the smaller plates. The wine by the glass was also unusualy good.Special Features:
- Wonderful--will definitely returnTriesGoodCincyRestaurantsVIPDined on 8/29/2014Everything was prepared to delicious perfection (except one vegetable) --loved it, and look forward to another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Excellent service. Excellent food with flexible chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!JanInCincinnatiDined on 8/23/2014This was amazing - everything here is made from scratch, and it tastes like it. We had the special appetizer chicken pate with candied onions, small sliced okra, and mustard - really amazing. Also the whipped ricotta with truffle oil, evoo, and crostini's was light and flavorful. They do small plates as well as entrees. My special grouper entrée (coconut rice with spinach and a citrusy-sauce) was great. Almost hate to rate this place so highly or it will be hard to get in. We'll be going back with friends!Special Features:
- Very nice, but slow start.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014Red Feather was very good. Ambiance, food, etc. Just had to wait quite a while for our first drinks to arrive. That always sets a different tone for what to expect throughout the evening. Go here. It is good. Maybe something out of the ordinary in our experience.
- best crispy salmonluluVIPDined on 8/20/2014I come here when I am craving salmon because it is perfectly cooked every time! crispy skin on outside and tender on inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/19/2014Service was very spot on. Never had to wait for anything. We will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014The food was fabulous. This was my first time there. It was nice to see that the space has stayed the same since BOCA moved. I'd definitely recommend and you'll see me there again!~Special Features:
- Outstanding Dinner & ServiceRobMDined on 8/16/2014We had a great meal at The Red Feather. The food was delicious from the cheese board through dessert. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!123foodDined on 8/16/2014Food was amazing and fresh. Wait staff very attentive and knowledgeable. Great atmosphere for a date night or group dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.