The Red Feather
3200 Madison Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45209Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Red Feather
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redfeatherkitchen.com/
- Phone: 5134073631x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brad Bernstein & Brett Crowe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer on and off site catering for groups large and small. Weddings, private dinners, cocktail parties, and wine tastings are our specialties. At our house or yours we cater to all your needs.
- Private Party Facilities: The Red Feather Social Room is perfect for meetings, presentations, or gatherings. We have on-site multi-media equipment to aid in the effectiveness of your presentations. Prix Fixe menus are available for Pharmaceutical, Financial, and large group meetings. Semi-private rooms are also available for birthdays, anniversaries, rehersal dinners and parties.
We offer private and semi-private wine tastings and education led by a Certified Sommelier from The Court of Master Sommeliers.
- Private Party Contact: Devon Barrett 2169705506x
A word from The Red Feather
The Red Feather is a contemporary American farm to table restaurant located in the Oakley neighborhood of greater Cincinnati. We offer an upscale casual dining experience with an emphasis on classic culinary techniques and slow, careful preparations. Enjoy forty wines by the glass, 200+ by the bottle, house made craft cocktails and a comprehensive list of micro-brewed beers. The bar is perfect for an after work drink, meeting friends, sharing a bottle of wine or enjoying one of our innovative bar snacks. Warm woodwork surrounds our three separate dining areas each with its own personality, from cozy and intimate to bright and airy. We also offer an up close and intimate Chefs Table where one can watch the preparation of our food and interact with our Chef/Owners. The Red Feather stands for innovation, rough luxury, and honoring those who worked to bring us the products that we are proud to serve and enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Red Feather - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Red Feather reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (129)neighborhood gem (116)special occasion (89)notable wine list (68)romantic (52)good for groups (30)hot spot (27)great for brunch (23)vibrant bar scene (23)late-night find (8)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Loved the smaller platesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The soup, side dishes and appetizers are just wonderful, next time I will skip the entree and put together a meal of just those items. The pork chop entree was fine, but like most restaurants, it was a bit of a letdown vs. the amazing flavors of the smaller plates. The wine by the glass was also unusualy good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Excellent service. Excellent food with flexible chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!JanInCincinnatiDined on 8/23/2014This was amazing - everything here is made from scratch, and it tastes like it. We had the special appetizer chicken pate with candied onions, small sliced okra, and mustard - really amazing. Also the whipped ricotta with truffle oil, evoo, and crostini's was light and flavorful. They do small plates as well as entrees. My special grouper entrée (coconut rice with spinach and a citrusy-sauce) was great. Almost hate to rate this place so highly or it will be hard to get in. We'll be going back with friends!Special Features:
- Very nice, but slow start.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014Red Feather was very good. Ambiance, food, etc. Just had to wait quite a while for our first drinks to arrive. That always sets a different tone for what to expect throughout the evening. Go here. It is good. Maybe something out of the ordinary in our experience.
- best crispy salmonluluVIPDined on 8/20/2014I come here when I am craving salmon because it is perfectly cooked every time! crispy skin on outside and tender on inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014The food was fabulous. This was my first time there. It was nice to see that the space has stayed the same since BOCA moved. I'd definitely recommend and you'll see me there again!~Special Features:
- Outstanding Dinner & ServiceRobMDined on 8/16/2014We had a great meal at The Red Feather. The food was delicious from the cheese board through dessert. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!123foodDined on 8/16/2014Food was amazing and fresh. Wait staff very attentive and knowledgeable. Great atmosphere for a date night or group dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So lovelyAmymfisher2211VIPDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant has great decor and is super cute! Food was fantastic. We will return to try other menu items. Started with wine and calamari which was crispy and tasty. For entree we got the crispy skin salmon and the puff pastry seafood special. It was beautifully presented and tasted out of this world. Wait staff was friendly and attentive. Great great great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu, great food!CincyFoodLoverDined on 8/15/2014Went to The Red Feather last night with a group of 8. The food and service was great! I had the Hanger Steak which was very good while others had the Chicken special of the night and the Pork Chop. The Lemon Semifreddo dessert was the best. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffVIPDined on 8/15/2014Thanks for putting cushions on the chairs and separating the tables more. It is much more comfortable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014The menu has ample price levels so you can stop in for a casual meal and have wallet room for a second visit the next day, which is what we did. The first night we came, the chef's wife was maitre'de, which was a real treat. We will make this a regular experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red Feather Good New OptionLJLCINCYVIPDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I had a fine meal at Red Feather last Saturday evening. The food menu options were very creative and very well prepared. An extensive wine list including many fine options by the glass. We both has the skirt steak that came out medium rare just as we had ordered and the overall dish had great flavor. The appetizer options were caried and very good. Our waiter was very good and helped very much navigate a new menu with many options to considser. Our only negative is the main dining room is small so your table is very close to many others. Makes for a vibrant dining room. Could use a bit more room between tables or fewer tables. A very fine restaurant worth trying in Oakley!Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerCSG01Dined on 8/9/2014I loved the decor, and the excellent service! Food was different (as it changes each month), but everything was fresh and expertly prepared. I had the beef short ribs, and they were fork tender and delicious. Two in our party had the salmon, and they raved about it, but were not crazy about the sun chokes that accompanied the salmon. The fourth guest had the ratatouille and enjoyed it very much. I'll look forward to seeing what's on the menu next month. (If they will be changing menu's each month, I'd recommend they keep the menu on the web site up to date.)Special Features:
- Great night out!yumyumDined on 8/8/2014Food and atmosphere were great for our mixed group of 6. Met the needs of all guests, carnivores and vegetarians alike!Special Features:
- Great for dates!slashmandDined on 8/8/2014Comfy, relaxed, fancy, and delicious! We had the bacon-wrapped avocados (a special) and the pulled mozzarella with two glasses of Proseco, to start, and things just kept getting better from there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BrunchCincyBusinessDined on 8/3/2014As a last second thought, we decided to try the brunch here. Some friends had been raving about The Red Feather for dinner, so we gave it a shot. In a word, awesome. The service is impeccable, the food was incredible and we will do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exotic fusion with a side chorizoMoresteakpleaseDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I tried Red feather Saturday 8/2/14 for date night. The atmosphere was refined and relaxed, my wife and I felt very comfortable in the space. The food was very unique, we must have dined on chorizo night. Every dish was fused with chorizo from the appitizers through the main course. We left stuffed and had to skip dessert. I don't want to think about the calorie intake but it was delicious. We will go again and recommended to friends.Special Features:
- Red Feather Dining RecapOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014We found the service very good. The bar has very creative cocktail offerings to try. Overall, the menu items we tried were very good. I did find my short ribs overdone and bland - perhaps an off nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Replacement for Bocawoods950Dined on 7/27/2014Boca left this location and left a fine-dining hole in the area. Red Feather has stepped in and the food is great with reasonable prices. Definitely worth checking out.Special Features:
- Not worth the visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Slow bar service and felt like I paid $100 for an appetizer, not a meal.Special Features:
- Very good food, but slowFightsfiresVIPDined on 7/26/2014We ate here on a Saturday night and while the food was good, the service and delivery of the food was very slow. So if you want to eat here, you need to give yourself at least 2 hours to dine. Everything we ordered except the flank steak was well seasoned and tasty. The flank steak was bland and very under seasoned; salt definitely helped, but in my opinion, if a restaurant is not going to put salt and pepper on the table, then the food better be properly seasoned in the kitchen. Probably the highlight of the meal was the desert; the chocolate hazelnut was amazing.Special Features:
- Good placeHappyDined on 7/24/2014We love that there is not loud banging music while we are dining and talking to our friends. The food is very tasty. The calamari was the best we have ever eaten and we have had it all over the world. Love the beet salad and the other salads are really good too. The bread pudding and the lemon semifreddo are great. We just like the place. All ages of people seem to enjoy the place at the bar and in the dining rooms. The Red Feather is very accomodating for allergies or dislikes in leaving ingredients out.Special Features:
- Great food but SLOWabloomcintiDined on 7/23/2014This was the second time I ate here. Both times I really liked the food, and service was quite good also. However, this last time it took 2 and a half hours to finish our meal (we each ordered two small plates and shared a dessert). The waiter was quite apologetic about how terribly long it took, but still ... TWO and a HALF hours! It was very crowded for a weeknight, but it looked like they had sufficient number of wait staff, so I don't know what caused the long delay. Anyway, if they could work on this issue it would be really great and I would definitely come back!Special Features:
- TryingNewPlacesDined on 7/20/2014I dont have anything bad to say about red feather. I was looking for something different to try for a special occasion and this worked out well. It met my expectations of a good restaurant but it didn't exceed them which is why i only gave it four stars instead of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RosemaryDined on 7/19/2014Our guests and we were initially seated near the kitchen but we asked to be moved ...since no one wants to sit near the kicchen...it was too noisy and not a good location for us. We were moved to a delightful table near the window which worked out well. The service was good...though we waited for utensils after our entrée arrived. We enjoyed the cheese board and the entrees. However, the scallops were a bit pricey..Dessert was good. The owner/matre d' did come over several times to see us...but he didn't introduce himself. Our waiter was very personable, but we didn't know his name either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JasonbDined on 7/19/2014Great spot in Oakley for a wonderful dinner. Everything was tasty. Server was on top of everything and knowledgeable. Heirloom tomato salad was superb and one of the best pork chops in Cincinnati!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placegastroneuronDined on 7/16/2014Authentic interesting appetizers and entrees in a relaxed but professional service focused atmosphere,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014Read about this place and went with a group of friends. Fantastic food and several surprises. Shrimp and grits was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and FreshDionysiaVIPDined on 7/12/2014Loved dinner here at table 41, with a clear view of the open kitchen as wonderfully fresh and delicious dishes were prepared and plated. We loved the summer salad and the scallop dish specials-- for starters the east coast oysters were plump and tender and really tasty. Would highly recommend this neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CovertVIPDined on 7/11/2014I loved my first visit to RF, the second one... well, the food wasn't as well prepared then tried again this week and had horrible service (slow, non-attentive) and the food was not fresh... sauces were cold, gunky, pork chop dry, salmon ordinary and even the wonderful shrimp & grits didn't have as good of flavor. We are wine drinkers, server did not come back to get us drinks, had to keep asking for assistance. So disappointed.
- Outstanding MealSam1965Dined on 7/5/2014We had another wonder meal at The Red Feather. It is wonderful to see the menu change with the seasons and to be able to try new things. The food is prepared with great attention to detail. The depth of flavor is wonderful. The service is also very knowledgeable and attentive without being cloying.Special Features:
- FlaFoodieVIPDined on 6/29/2014Red Feather is always excellent--fresh ingredients in delicious and creative combinationsSpecial Features:
- wow, wow, wow!!!CindyFoodiesVIPDined on 6/28/2014Red Feather has done it RIGHT! From their eclectic wine list to their scratch kitchen, we literally couldn't get enough. We went with another couple and shared a bunch of dishes... that is the way to go. Highly reco the Steamed Pork Buns.... whoa..life changing! Red Feather will definitely be added to our rotation as I'm already addicted to chef's impeccable pallet for delicious flavor combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great neighborhood spotSlimTimDined on 6/28/2014This was my second visit to the Red Feather, which is walkable from my home. A very nice ambience - tables are tightly packed into a fairly small space, but not uncomfortably so. A good selection of wines by the glass. Standouts for our group were the calamari, the pork chop ("best I've ever had!"), the lamb chop appetizer, and the halibut. Was surprised that halibut ($30) was the only fish on the menu that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightFoodloverVIPDined on 6/28/2014Our party of 3 had a lovely table in the front window. We shared the excellent cheese board and each had the halibut. My sister and I shared strawberries and cream and my husband had crime brûlée to top off a fun eveningSpecial Features:
- Bravo!pdiddyDined on 6/26/2014Fabulous food, and I was pleasantly surprised! The overall experience, in my opinion, was much nicer than the previous restaurant in that location - Boca. A much warmer ambience now, and the food is much more to my liking. More real, less pretentious, and you can tell the focus is on what is brought out on a plate, and put in front of you. It's good to see that there is a restaurant like this in the Oakley/Hyde Park area, and that their focus is serving high quality, fresh, local and organic food attained from the right sources. The beer and wine list is great, and will appeal to a wide variety of folks. If you enjoy the Wildflower Cafe in Mason (which I feel is one of the best restaurants and true gems in Cincy), you will like it here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/25/2014We had an excellent dining experience. Our waiter was expert at guiding us through the menu and suggesting perfect wine pairings. We especially enjoyed the beet salad, gnocchi and vichyssoise. We will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014Nice variety, unique flavor/taste combinations, and good sized portions! Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time better than the firstPhilVIPDined on 6/22/2014We went there with friends that haven't been there on a Sunday night. We went on the late side and the restaurant was pretty empty and the chef/owner Brad Bernstein was not there. These might have been signs that it wasn't going to be up to par, but it wasn't. The service and the food were as good or even better than our first visit on a Friday night. Our out of town guest loved it and had a terrific time. Its on our list as a casual neighborhood place fit for foodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.