The Red Chair Cafe
337 E 4th, South Entrance
Anchorage, AK 99501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Red Chair Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theredchaircafe.com/
- Phone: (907) 270-7780
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Tuesday - Sunday: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Friday & Saturday 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Red Chair Cafe
Community through Artistry. A celebration of creativity. We love what we do; the expression of a new idea, a twist on an old idea. Share with us, show us what that inner spark. We want to see it. Sit. Sip. Eat. Stay a while, take your time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Red Chair Cafe - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
The Red Chair Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (15)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (5)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good spotDenaliAlliDined on 11/21/2014I like eating at this spot, the food is good, the atmosphere is good. They always seem just a bit unorganized and slow in their service. I appreciate that you can order breakfast and lunch during the day time. I have not tried their dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedKirstenDined on 10/25/2014I thought this was just a lunch spot but was pleasantly surprised with a delicious dinner complete with wonderful wine cocktails and decadent desserts. Live music and an art showing during our Saturday night dinner added to the ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad service.YummyVIPDined on 10/19/2014The food was fantastic as always. The service was horrible. This was the busiest we have seen Red Chair and the service couldn't meet the needs. Our coffee and tea remained empty throughout the dining experience, even after we asked twice for refills. We asked for water and never got it. I asked for ketchup and also never received that.Special Features:
- Great food So-So servicealaskak8VIPDined on 10/3/2014The food was wonderful and plentiful. The sandwiches are big enough to share. The service is a bit too laid back for my taste. Our waiter was not very attentive, didn't get the order right, and in order to fix the order we had to attract the attention of another wait staff since ours "disappeared"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYummyDined on 10/2/2014my first visit to this addition to the Anchorage restaurant scene...we were seated promptly, staff very friendly, wine selection nice and had a crisp white ... the brie plate was soooo good! my friends dinner was delicious, a chix salad wrap, but very difficult to eat...it was over the wrapper the plate our waitress had to wipe the table part way thru the meal...my guest was laughing thankfully... I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good New RestaurantFranDined on 9/17/2014Really enjoyed this restaurant. It is in an old building at the edge of downtown. The ambiance is eclectic with all kinds of Art on the walls. This gives a fun atmosphere. The menu offers a good variety of dishes and specials. They also offer flatbread (pizza) selections as well as vegetarian selections. I ordered a pasta and shrimp dish which was just the right size for an entre. The dish was very good with a very good sauce.Another time I had the pork and it was also very good. The waiter was extremely helpful and assisted me in choosing a terrific wine (a Pinot from Germany) that met my tastes.i will go back again and I want to try their breakfast menu which they offer. The restaurant needs to advertise more so that more people know itSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014The waiters and waitresses were confused and very slow. The all seemed like novices with no manager to direct them in any way.Special Features:
- Awesome BreakfastFoodDudeAncDined on 9/15/2014Best breakfast in town, hands down. I've had half the breakfast menu at this point and would highly recommend either take on Eggs Benedict or if you're in a "healthy" mindset the Kale Bake is excellent as well. Can't wait to try the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Anchorage dinner favoriteCivEatsDined on 9/13/2014The Red Chair is the whole dinning package! Food, Wine, Service and Ambiance! Very exciting menu that covers your choices in a fresh neo experience. Well worth it. Don't make the mistake I did, the address it's 337 "East" 4th not "West". It's a short walk if you do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best for breakfast/lunchbagladyakusDined on 9/3/2014Dinner at The Red Chair was disappointing, after great breakfasts and lunches there. The dinner menu was limited (only 6 entrees and 2 dessert choices). I had the spring mix salad, which was HUGE and an appetizer (spare ribs). The ribs were tender, but very fatty. Portions were generous. Service was outstanding (the waiter even helped one of our party figure out how to get to the calendar on her smart phone!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!AKChickDined on 8/30/2014We loved our brunch at The Red Chair Cafe. Food was delicious (and creative--I had lemon poppyseed pancakes!) and the environment was fresh and enjoyable.Special Features:
- Didn't Get SeatedWonderfulVIPDined on 8/11/2014When we arrived for our lunch, a business lunch that I had arranged, the restaurant was full. When I asked about our reservation the hostess replied "did you make it on Open Table" and I said yes. She said oh, I haven't had time to look at our reservations, so I won't have anything for at least 30 minutes. We left, very disappointing especially since I was with out of town business associates.
- The BestBlueIrisPhotographyDined on 8/1/2014Seriously one of the best places I have eaten here in Anchorage. And won't break the bank either.Special Features:
- The following 3 reviews are from the The Red Chair Cafe reviews archive.
- Great little find!MinmuncherDined on 7/25/2014Heard rave reviews about their breakfasts and lunches...they just recently started serving dinners. Food was exceptional, service outstanding and I personally loved the artwork and music playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super food ... relaxed atmosphereJiminyDined on 7/5/2014I've been to the Red Chair twice in the last 3 months. Once was a workday lunch and once Saturday dinner. Though the ambiance has style, it retains an urban utilitarian feel ... kind of a "found space; lets make a restaurant", but it's done well. My wife and I are mostly a variety of vegetarians. She had a salad and I had a really super asparagus-themed dish (though it did have bacon). The scallop appetizer we shared was very good, though larger would have been nice for two people. The "beer shooter" my wife had was odd. I hear that lunch sometimes overpowers the staff. So get there by 11:30 and there should be no problem. My son and I did and found no delays. New restaurants can take some time to work out the staff kinks.Special Features:
- New to usHeadyDined on 6/28/2014What a nice find! We enjoyed the food and our waiter, Christensen. The salad was incredible with cranberries, nuts, light amount of creamy feta, and other incredible goodness. The mushroom dish was outta sight! It was melt in your mouth good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.