The Recipe at 68
3955 Harrodsburg Rd
Lexington, KY 40513Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Recipe at 68
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 8595236833x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5pm-10pm
Friday & Saturday 5pm-11pm
Sunday - Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from The Recipe at 68
Family owned upscale casual restaurant with a southern flair. One of the best dining atmospheres in town with fireplaces in every room. Patio dining available seasonally.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Recipe at 68 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great MealPhilDined on 4/21/2014We had a great meal and great service ... went back the next night to share the place with friends. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014very good food and service in a relaxed atmosphere - I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great placeWine2121Dined on 3/29/2014Great place to meet friends for dinner and linger. Never felt rushed. Can't wait for warmer weather to enjoy their patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Delicious food, gorgeous setting and fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2014I dined at the Recipe after a friend told me about it and will certainly be back! The elegant setting, reasonable prices, great menu and lovely patio area make this place a home run. Definitely try it out!Special Features:
- Great meeting place and foodMikeDined on 3/25/2014Great mix or wonderful food fair for all tastes. Atmosphere was wonderful and wait staff was excellentSpecial Features:
- The best steak I have hadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2014The best steak I have had in quite some time. The place is clean and affordable. The wine list is sensational, all in all we had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, welcoming atmosphere!Johnny5Dined on 3/19/2014They hit the nail on the head! Made reservations in the dining room but decided to sit in the bar when we arrived. Greeted by Cory our server with a friendly smile and a very welcoming way about her and all the staff we encountered. I ordered the Chicken Lasagna and my girlfriend ordered the "wet aged" ribyee for our entrees both of which were supurb, and we started with the spinach and greek salads. We finished the meal off with a candy bar bread pudding which had kit kats and reese's peanut butter cups in it and was amazing! All and all from the moment we walked in until we left we had a wonderful experience and will DEFINITLY be back! We are just excited for their patio to open b/c we LOVED going there when Murray's was opened!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- missing josie'sdisappointed4Dined on 3/15/2014Four of us dined on saturday night.. All agreed the food was fair, but nothing special, and was over-priced for the quality and serving portions. We liked the menu and the prices better before Josie's became The Recipe. The atmosphere is lovely, and we would probably come back for drinks, and possibly appetizers, but probably not for a complete dinner.Special Features:
- Needs some tweaking...MissMooDined on 3/15/2014A group of 8 in a small room with a larger group who were celebrating a bday. too close to them in this small room, felt as if we were invading their privacy. Asked to be moved but they couldn't. Service- verrry slow. dinner was2 1/2 hours. don't go there starving! About 20 min went by- no salads. Finally salads came, along with bread. I wish they would have at least brought some bread first, while waiting for salads! Then, no butter for rolls, so we had to ask. They brought it to us- very good. Don't order the wedge- small edge of lettuce with 5 croutons! My friend sent it back, very disappointed! They really need to do more with that! Food took forever, but all were pleased. Ribeye-great! Took WAY TOO long to get desserts, checksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well doneMikeVIPDined on 2/22/2014We made a reservations for out of town friends on short notice and were pleasantly surprised. Of course the Murrays are known for their other restaurants in Lexington and this one may be the best of the lot. It has some of the best dishes from the other restaurants with a couple of new twists. the dinner for 2 for $25.00 was a steal as it include a shared appetizer, an entree selection for each and a shred dessert. the bread pudding may be the best I've ever had! Still some bugs to work out, but a very nice addition to the Leington scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.