The Real Chow Baby-Howell Mill
1016 Howell Mill Road
Atlanta, GA 30318Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
The Real Chow Baby-Howell Mill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.therealchowbaby.com/
- Phone: (404) 815-4900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Asian
- Executive Chef: Damian Stento
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Patio available for semi-private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Blum 4048154900
A word from The Real Chow Baby-Howell Mill
The Real Chow Baby is Atlanta's first create-your-own stir-fry restaurant, complete with a market-fresh stir-fry bar and the hottest grill in the Southeast. Featuring over 70 of the very freshest ingredients and a state-of-the-art grill, The Real Chow Baby gives you the opportunity to make your own unique culinary creation with a delicious blend of Asian and American flavors that you choose yourself. NOTE: Minimum party size of 6 required for OpenTable online reservations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Real Chow Baby-Howell Mill reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- fun for allBigScottATLVIPDined on 11/9/2014the food is good & you get a chance to get involved - great to go with friends or just a couple!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They need to define "single trip"OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/3/2014We've dined here a few times and it's quick and easy. This particular time, all we wanted was a "single trip" and not the "all you can eat" option. We know that they offer a "single trip" option, but it's not clearly priced ANYWHERE. "Dinner" is clearly marked as $12.99, "Lunch" is $9.99, and "Take-Out" is $8.99. I assumed that a "single trip" would be the same as "take-out". So my wife and I prepared our own bowls, knowing full well we'd only need a single trip to the line to be satisfied, but we were still charged $12.99. Rather than complain, we paid and left. The food is fresh and good and we are never disappointed in quality, but mgmt needs to clearly define what a "single trip" is and the price of a "single trip".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Get TogetherGreatDined on 9/26/2014As always, Chow Baby never seems to disappoint. Everyone at our table was pleased with the food and the server was excellent. You can't go wrong with the food at Chow Baby. Everyone did agree, however, that this is NOT the place to go to for good bar drinks. Unless you're a wine or beer drinker I would not waste money on the cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a little courtesy, pleaseCET1VIPDined on 9/16/2014They took my reservation on Open Table but were closed for the day when I arrived. Very rude. If you are closing the restaurant, don't take reservations. Simple courtesy.
- diningdivaDined on 8/21/2014The bartender was charismatic and efficient; my party of eight arrived at varying times, so we sat at the bar and thoroughly enjoyed our conversation with the bartender. The server was very helpful in explaining the dining process since all but 2 of us had never been to Chow Baby before. We enjoyed creating our own combinations and sharing the results. I was very impressed that I could feed a family of 8 adults for such a reasonable price. My niece's fiancé was visiting from Spain and he was quite impressed with the entire experience. We all had a very enjoyable time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 102 reviews are from the The Real Chow Baby-Howell Mill reviews archive.
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014We were celebrating my daughter's 18th birthday and the food and prices were awesome. I did tell them in my reservation what we celebrating yet there was no recognition of the event.Special Features:
- It's OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014This was a very different eating experience and was okay for a 1 time adventure.Special Features:
- wada4Dined on 6/9/2014Great place for socializing ! We had a wonderful time and will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationJennGADined on 6/1/2014Good food, good times!!! Perfect place to have all my friends meet up. Something good for everyone!Special Features:
- Great selection. friendly.foodeaterVIPDined on 5/30/2014Great selection. Cater to people with food allergies. Friendly staff. Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My top favorite in Atl hands downOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/14/2014Unique idea, super good bank for buck, friendly stuff, good quality food. Have been going there continuously for 5 years and will always keep going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seriously LOVE this PlaceLoveGoodFoodVIPDined on 3/7/2014The food is WONDERFUL. Great for groups because everyone gets to get what they want and everyone gets to create a masterpiece. Service is wonderful, so much better than the Ponce location. I can't say it enough - go there.Special Features:
- The best Asian-Fusionwmoon1Dined on 2/17/2014The best stir-fey. Build you own, choices from fresh veggies, rice or noodles, great spices and sauces, and a variety of meats. Then cooked fresh and brought to your tables ready to go. Use chop stix or a fork, either way you will enjoy the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great TimeChadDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went to Chow Baby's for Valentine's Day. Food and service was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great priceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/9/2014Ive visited the Big Chow before which is a bigger restaurant. This one is smaller and a little more hectic but the food is still good.Special Features:
- Yummy Yummy YummyLoveGoodFoodVIPDined on 1/6/2014Love this place. All items were fresh and the selection was varied. Everyone got exactly want they wanted and all were happy. One of our favorite places to eat.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2014The Real Chow Baby was outstanding. The food and service was wonderful. My family from Bermuda really loved this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not brown riceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/2/2014Our reservations were for 6:00 which is the universal dinner time in the states. Why did this all you can eat Asian cuisine run out of their main course BROWN RICE?!!!!! We waited and waited for about 45 minutes and still no BROWN RICE. You close at 10 it on 7 and you are out of BROWN RICE. That is unacceptable!Special Features:
- Good for what it isLanceVIPDined on 12/19/2013It's an experience. If you like stir fry and know how to mix things up, then you will love. For first-timers it could be some trial and error. But it's all you can eat, so do it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2013I took a date here for dinner the other night and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. He loved the fact that he could pile on exactly what he wanted and thats exactly what he did. He's a sauce guy so he was loving the 10+ sauce selection at the food station. The portion sizes are good for the price as well. He's usually hungry after an entree so when he couldn't finish his meal I was surprised! I would have enjoyed being a little farther apart from some of the other diners (the tables are really close) because i felt like they could hear our whole conversation and then some lol the drinks from the bar were good and we got our meal pretty quickly. Overall a great lunch or dinner place. I'll definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for casual mealbrunchloveDined on 12/2/2013The food here is AWESOME. I use the word awesome because it's not fancy; it's very casual but delicious. You come in, allot your food amount buffet-style with raw ingredients for stir-fry, they cook it and serve it to you. I love the buffet-style - you get exactly what you want at the exact quantity you want it, they cook it and serve it. Therefore, you customize your meal to your liking. How can you not be pleased? There are plenty of ingredients to choose from, you can't go wrong or hungry here. Oh and the prices are great. I can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and tastyMaryDined on 11/29/2013I love to introduce people to The Real Chow Baby and the restaurant never disappoints. Great taste options and fun to build your own dish. Wonderful, tasty daily drink specials too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday suppermustangDined on 11/27/2013Great time at Chow Baby. Went there with newly minted 16 year old daughter and friends with group of about 10. Great place, great service, love the food and the adventure! One of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/27/2013My best restaurant in Atlanta hands down!! Very well priced, high quality food, basically a buffet, great service, excellent taste, and novel idea (kind of a Mongolian grill/stir fry) where you do not get elsewhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get your wait on....CrabbyVIPDined on 11/15/2013I love the experience on making your own food. Our waiter was fabolous! Being that it is a popular spot you must expect a wait.Special Features:
- Love This PlaceLoveGoodFoodVIPDined on 11/6/2013Been to both this one and the one on Ponce. Ponce is fine, but this one is GREAT. Layout is better, staff is more attentive without interrupting and the selection seems fresher. I tell everyone about this place. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so comfyvegannewbyDined on 11/1/2013The food is as good as you make it. The service was really good. The ambience leaves something to be desired. The tables are so close you have to be careful not to engage in other's conversations. The tables and chairs are not comfy at all. You won't want to linger. The noise level on a Friday night is not reall conducive to conversation.Special Features:
- Feeling Creative....SkruffdudeDined on 10/23/2013Chow Baby is a great place to get creative and build your own stir fry. Service was very good and it was an easy in and out for a quick dinner with a friend. I appreciated the ingredient content and calorie list as it helped me make healthier choices. My one suggestion, have more pre-developed recipes available with a description. Maybe highlight a favorite combo from the staff.Special Features:
- GreatmrstayDined on 10/18/2013Was a great place to have lunch I had so much food left that I had to get a to go box. I loved the idea of trying to create your own meal. The staff was wonderful in explaining how everything works. Will go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eats, hard to findcirca1974filmsDined on 10/4/2013Awesome place yet hard to find. Needs more outside lighting at nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something differentCarvelDined on 9/27/2013Great food, atmosphere and price are what will keep me coming back. Based on a recommendation, I had the best restaurant experience in years. The Real Chow baby has a new regular customer.Special Features:
- My ExperienceGroupof4Dined on 9/25/2013It was my first time going to The Real Chow Baby. The food was extremely good, although for the price you pay for dinner I would recommend small portions so you can get your money's worth. If you do not plan to make several trips I recommend going for the lunch price. The next time I go will definitely be during the lunch hours. I did not like how they priced us for gratuity although our group was small, and our waiter expected another tip on top of the already pricey gratuity. Overall I give the restaurant high remarks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soup bowl was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2013I ordered my items as a soup. It was outstanding!! It's a coconut broth that's well worth trying.
- The Real Chow Baby Is FabulousMNeddermanDined on 9/3/2013Eaten here many times and one can go up and fill their plates ("bowls") as many times as your heart desires. Food is great and one can vary what you pick to eat each time you go to food bar and mix and match seasonings and spices to suit your taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!dharperatlDined on 8/12/2013Since you have the option of creating your own food choices/combinations it makes it a great choice for those picky eaters and those who love food. You can pick from many combinations. vegetarians style, vegans or meat lovers. mix it with the carb of choice or not. Choose fresh toppings and a variety of sauces and then they cook it to perfection. The only way to go wrong is if you dont really know flavor combinations and how they all mix together. If not, you will learn quickly. It is all you can eat and after the first plate you can take the next one home for a $5.00 charge. Please make sure to add the side of Roti bread! .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!IuvphoDined on 8/11/2013This was my second time visiting this location, I brought my daughter for her 13th bday and she absolutely loved it. The good is good always fresh and I love that you can create your meal however you want..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelente!!3dinersDined on 8/10/2013I love the relaxed feel of this place . I definitely would return to try more dishes. Service was well-timed and friendly. Our bar host did a great job and was very informative and helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. Loved the food.ChipDined on 7/26/2013Great service. Loved the food. Nothing needs to be changed.Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACELoveGoodFoodVIPDined on 7/26/2013One of my favorites. I only wish I had more opportunities to go there. Food wonderful, parking wonderful, service wonderful. I could eat four plates, but my belly won't let me.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration !BfernanderDined on 7/15/2013Went here to celebrate my birthday !!! It's a very fun place and nice to know they cook your food right then!! Had a great waiter and had a great time !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.