The Ravens Club
207 South Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Ravens Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theravensclub.com/
- Phone: 7342140400x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Mon - Sun @ 5:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Dan Vernia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We now have a semi-private space, for 24 seated.
- Private Party Contact: Jeffrey Paquin 7342237132x
- Entertainment: We feature free live jazz every Wednesday from 9:00PM - 12:00AM We have two 46" flat screens to watch the big games and a great sound system with which to listen to your favorite jazz.
- Special Events: We have a semi-private area with which to seat 24 ppl comfortably.
A word from The Ravens Club
The Ravens Club prides itself on making classic cocktails the way they were intended, with an unparallelled selection of fine spirits that includes more than 130 whiskeys. Our kitchen offers American small plates, including snacks and comfort food you know and love.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Ravens Club reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- alrightasfvDined on 4/25/2014The drinks were horribly overpriced. I ordered "the number two" which was recommended to me by the waiter. Nine dollars later I received a small glass of an average tasting mixed drink. I was astounded by how small the drink was for 9 dollars. Everything else was quite tasty and reasonably priced, although it was hard to hear much over how loud the restaurant was. Overall...don't think I will come back here on my own, though I'd be happy to come back if invited by friends..but I would definitely not order any drinks.Special Features:
- LOVE The Ravens ClubSuz2615Dined on 4/11/2014The Ravens Club has provided a great dining experience each time I have been there! I have only fabulous things to say about the interesting and excellently prepared menu, the fantastic cocktails, perfect atmosphere, and amazing service. Everyone I have dined with at the Ravens has agreed on all of the above as well!Special Features:
- Amazing drinkMaximusDined on 3/18/2014I was very happy with the food , drink selection ...Good place ,,,I'll be back...Special Features:
- Great Experience!Suz2615Dined on 3/8/2014Our party of four was quite thrilled with our experience, great cocktails, fantastic appetizers, wonderful entrees and desserts all accompanied by excellent service. Love the atmosphere...a combination of elegance and mystere! Would recommend Ravens Club in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Great birthday!dielemanDined on 2/27/2014I was really impressed with our waiter. There were 9 of us, we all showed up at different times, split some of the items we ordered, got a different drinks each time, etc. and he somehow managed to keep everything perfectly straight when he brought us our separate checks. I've been a server for years and I know how difficult a situation like that can be, but he totally handled it and with zero attitude. He had a great personality, he was knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. The food highlight of the night was definitely the crispy duck confit. It was perfect. It was my birthday and I had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty experienceDorothyLiDined on 1/15/2014The food was good. I was surprised by the beet salad. The citrus and mint made a difference. Delicious.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningA2DinerDined on 1/13/2014We went to The Raven's Club as a group of 7. Our server, Will, was patient, helpful and great! We loved everything we tried!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and cocktails wereGlutenFreeDined on 1/10/2014The food and cocktails were delicious but the size of the dishes was hard to predict. Some portions were very generous (pot roast, fried chicken special) others were too small for a hungry person. It'd also be nice if the hush-puppies didn't have wheat flour in them so celiacs like me could eat 'em, but overall there were lots of accomodations for wheat-free people. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for small platesSherryDined on 9/28/2013I went in a group of 6. We sat in a large both in the back - perfect for 6 and a little quieter than the front. Service was excellent. Atmosphere is casual. Entrée choices are limited so instead we ordered at least a dozen small plates to share. The food was excellent! Some of our favorites were the clay pot carrots, kale Caesar, roasted beets, short ribs, and chorizo empanadas. The only item we could not recommend is the deviled eggs. They simply weren't special. There were only two desserts so we got a couple of each to go around and they were both excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant, but suggest you go with a few people so you can enjoy as many items as you can.Special Features:
- Family of FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2013With a sister visiting from San Francisco we had to find a place that fit her standards. The Ravens Club hit the mark. Six of us shared several appetizers - 2 orders of deviled eggs (almost like Mom's!), calamari (tasty), the kale Caesar ( good way to eat kale), the cheese board (jam spreads were delicious), and the smoked nuts (an unexpected favorite). Two shared the night's special - house-made pasta with giant meatballs containing pine nuts and raisins. There was enough for the others to sample it and wish they had ordered it. Two shared the taco dishes. The lamb was braised to to perfection; chorizo was okay. Next time we'll request the chicken salad sandwich with the cranberry-walnut bread. We relaxed as the pie was baking. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a drink and snackFoodlover68Dined on 6/20/2013The food really missed. Beautiful ingredients, bland finish. Salads were beautiful and bland. Salmon cooked to a perfect medium rare, bland. Cocktails, French fries and deviled eggs were fantastic. With just a little more flavor, the food could be delicious as it sounds.Special Features:
- Tried The Raven's Club forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2013Tried The Raven's Club for the first time during Ann Arbor Restaurant Week as their menu looked to be one of the most appetizing. The restaurant isn't typically open on Mondays, but made an exception for RW. The RW menu was the only one offered, which as disappointing to some of our party The chorizo tacos were the most popular first course - good flavor, but the tortillas completely fell apart after the first bite, making them difficult to eat. The strawberry salad with feta cheese was tasty, but the squash soup (cold, not specified) was less than desirable. For entrees, the group tried the chicken, ricotta ravioli and pork chop, all of which were fantastic. HUGE drink menu with house-made sodas and syrups. Great bar scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrationlove2eatDined on 5/31/2013My group decided upon Ravens Club to celebrate a birthday. Our server seemed scattered although she recommended drinks and food to us. During dinner she was not as attentive as she could have been. We mentioned that one of the salads was not good as we did not take more than one bite. She did not apologize or offer us a substitution. When the check came it was still on the bill. We will go back, just hopefully not to sit in her section.Special Features:
- Party of six - raves for theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2013Party of six - raves for the cod and lasagna, the steak, and the lamb shanks, but not for the pork Bolognese. Why grind up pork cheeks? Excellent service. Lovely restaurant.
- The Raven's Club - Evermore!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2013The Raven's Club has a wonderful ambience -- we went on a Thursday evening to experience the jazz music. The club accommodated our group in a large round booth in the back where we could talk and appreciate the music in the background. Exceptional service! The food choices are varied, and the bar drinks were delicious. Our group would definitely visit the Raven's Club again.Special Features:
- Creative dishes on both theChesterDined on 3/23/2013Creative dishes on both the appetizer and entree menus, prepared with attention and excellence. I did not sample dessert because I forgot to leave room, but others at the table enjoyed them. The innovative cocktail menu is a highlight, but they also have an excellent craft beer selection and a large wine list. We had table service for our group, but the bar area was crowded and animated. Despite the busy nature of the restaurant the service was very attentive. Prices are what you might expect from a Main Street Ann Arbor restaurant, but I believe it is worth your time and money. FYI, they only take reservations for parties of six or more, but it seemed like they seated smaller walk-in groups reasonably quickly.Special Features:
- The Raven's Club has a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2013The Raven's Club has a very interesting menu, but not a very extensive one. I was especially disappointed at the lack of heart-healthy foods available. The bartenders are fantastic, and the attention to details in their drink-making and choices of liquors is remarkable. I really enjoyed visiting during restaurant week, but a visit on a regular evening proved disappointing in menu choices.Special Features:
- A bit noisy and crowded forTomHDined on 1/25/2013A bit noisy and crowded for an intimate dinner, but the food was amazing. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- celebrate in styleshooterDined on 1/23/2013Great place to celebrate my birthday with family and friends. 9 of us spent over 2.5 hours dining and never felt rushed. Our server was delightful and just the right amount of attentive. The food was creative and perfectly cooked and presented. Loved it!Special Features:
- FIVE STARS2die4VIPDined on 1/20/2013What an unexpected and welcomed surprise! Logans used to be our favorite upscale restaurant but TRC has won us over during restaurant week. The foods were really a chef's creation. The first course vegetables, squash ravioli was really original and the brussel sprouts were dressed up with walnuts and parmesan after the expert browning and roasting. The main courses, trout and scallops, were done perfectly. Sweet, delicate scallops and perfectly seasoned trout were delicious. The desserts! Caramel Bodino was out of this world! The chocolate cake with bourbon whipped cream was decadent. The atmosphere is warm and cozy and Kristin, our waitress, was excellent at her job, friendly, funny and very attentative. FIVE STARS!Special Features:
- Cool lighting!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013Love the light fixtures in this place, it really gives it a unique ambiance in town.Special Features:
- Great service. Pricey, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012Great service. Pricey, but food and drinks were worth it. Great Dixieland jazz group was playing - very fun!Special Features:
- Great place for a date night-weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/23/2012Great place for a date night-we celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary here. We loved the custom cocktails and sharing several appetizers and the live jazz group was fantastic.Special Features:
- The trout dinner was way wayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012The trout dinner was way way too thin. Had to peel off the skin. Gross! Not a very good presentation. : ( I was still hungry when I left. The flatbread was too spicy. Wait staff needs to make sure they let their customers know.
- We love the changing menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2012We love the changing menu with the seasons and the use of local foods. The dishes are always creative with a unique blending of flavors. We have been happy every time! The staff is excellent as well! So friendly and helpful!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012Great experience! Favorite restaurant on Main St. in Ann Arbor, better than Chop House in my opinion. The quail, corn bread, and butterscotch were to die for!Special Features:
- Great place for small plates/sharinOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2012Great place for small plates/sharing. We didn't eat entrees, but we had vegetarians in our group - the entrees were not veg friendly. The libations were delicious and great ambiance! Six people in our group at a long booth made it difficult to hear the people on either end. A round table would definitely have been more conducive to conversation.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2012We enjoyed our experience and the food options available, and the service was great.Special Features:
- Great fresh menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012I was amazed at the quality of the food for a reasonable price!Special Features:
- Fabulous food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/30/2012Fabulous food, great service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great energy hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2012Great service - fun place - good good - huge mix drink menuSpecial Features:
- Excellent food. Number ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012Excellent food. Number of entrees was few, but I wanted every entree. Some appetizers that you don't see everywhere including bone marrow and sweetbreads. I will definitely be back. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Nice dinner to celebrate anniversarOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012We went for our anniversary. Have been several times before, but we wanted to try to menu with their new chef. I love all the small plate options. My favorite part are the specialty drinks with their own bitters and such that they make.Special Features:
- Amazingly inventive and interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/17/2012Amazingly inventive and interesting cocktails were the highlight. All of the pork-based food was great, like pork belly, bean/bacon/kale soup, pork shank. Other food was hit and miss.Special Features:
- I do not drink much but IRebeccaDined on 11/16/2012I do not drink much but I had the best cocktail I have ever had. I had the "cold war" and I would gladly go back just for that drink alone. The food was very good. We ordered small plates only and were very happy with all of our choices. The salted caramel custard was excellent.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2012This is our third trip to the Ravens, which we have added to our list of post-game dinner places. Each time we have had different delicious meals of uncommon combinations.Special Features:
- The food here is always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2012The food here is always good with surprising combinations of tastes and attention to seasonal and local foods. I also discovered a delightful Rose I hadn't tasted before. Overall a very pleasant experience!Special Features:
- My family enjoyed the Raven'sCaptainkrunchDined on 11/11/2012My family enjoyed the Raven's club. Raven's offers a large selection of small plates which were fun and tasty. Both of my adult daughters made meals of their small plates. I had trout and my wife had chicken. Both were quite good. Raven's uses local farmers and producers where possible which my family and I appreciated. Drinks at the bar were quite pleasant. The bar itself was beautiful and complimented the overall cozy interior feel well.
- We were the first patronsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2012We were the first patrons on a Sunday evening. Everything about the experience was average, especially considering we were almost the only patrons in the restaurant. Average food, average ambiance, average service, and a server that couldn't describe what relishes were included in the chicken pate small plate. I will go back, but I don't feel rushed to do so.
- Wide variety of small platesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2012Wide variety of small plates is a great alternative to main courses. Very eclectic menu, however.