The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
1234 N. Orange Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://theravenouspig.com/
- Phone: 407-628-2333x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: James & Julie Petrakis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please note: We hold a Seasonal Roast on the first Saturday of every month - for lunch only. During our roast we offer a delicious plate of food for $17 per person. The usual lunch menu is not available for this day.
A word from The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
Located on N. Orange Avenue in Winter Park, The Ravenous Pig offers Seasonal American Cuisine with menus that change daily. Come enjoy our ever changing American Microbrews on tap and wines from around the world as well as a full bar in a casual yet elegant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub reviews from OpenTable diners
241 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (191)neighborhood gem (118)special occasion (114)hot spot (91)notable wine list (70)romantic (67)good for groups (53)great for lunch (46)vibrant bar scene (41)great for outdoor dining (24)late-night find (13)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- The Pig Still DominatesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/25/2014Overall, it is hard to beat the Ravenous Pig for the overall casual high end dining experience. The food, wine, service and ambiance are all exceptional. Treat yourself to a meal here; you will not regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Waiter forgot many items ordered. Charcuterie was poor at best. What has happened? This used to be the best restaurant in Winter Park.
- Great spot in Winter Park!RRRRDined on 10/23/2014We came here for our anniversary, we were not exactly sure of the dress code, and were slightly overdressed for the ambiance of the restaurant (dress shirt and nice jeans work well). The food was very good, our server was excellent (thanks Jason!). We went on a weeknight and it seemed a bit loud and perhaps more rowdy than we were expecting since we were on our anniversary date. I will definitely be going back, just not necessarily for a special occasion when I want something a bit more low key.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Servicecas02sieDined on 10/23/2014Mason gave great service and was very personable and attentive. It was my boyfriends birthday and he felt very special. Mason was very knowledgable of the menu and offered great suggestions. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GAILGailDined on 10/23/2014Outstanding dinner. Noisy, but well worth it!! Service was top notch. Even though every table occupied it didn't take away the quality of service. Food presented and prepared great!!!!!! Would highly recommend...but a reservation is a must!!Special Features:
- Loud and distractingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014I was disappointed that, having made a reservation, we were seated at a table along a banquet wall of other diners when there were free standing tables available. Not conducive to business conversations. My suggestion is that, when having a reservation, the guest be asked for a preference of table before being seated.Special Features:
- Excellent mealsWorldtraveler2VIPDined on 10/22/2014Fantastic menu, especially the appetizer boards. Our table had the Cobia and Pork Chop, and both were cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/21/2014The only negative thing there is to say is about the knives. They are impossible to hold. Is tht because I am left handed or do others feel the same way? I'm going to start bringing my own knife!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic for foodies & meat loverseyeslikethesummerDined on 10/18/2014Saw The Ravenous Pig listed on all the "must-eat" lists while visiting Orlando, sounded like the perfect place to spend the last night of our vacation and celebrate my birthday - they did not disappoint. Drinks were strong and delicious, portions were large for food of this quality. Beef tartare was mouth watering, I never wanted it to end. The NY strip is easily in the top 3 steaks I've ever had. Service was friendly, responsive and knowledgeable about all the dishes - make sure to ask what your server recommends based on your taste. An absolutely fabulous meal and experience, would love to return one day.Special Features:
- Just OKLeahDined on 10/17/2014While on vacation, we ate at Ravenous Pig for lunch due to the high recommendations we found online. I found the food only to be average. The chicken and waffle dish had great flavor but to me, it was a lot of fluff - chicken and waffles should be straight to the point. My boyfriend had the tempura shrimp tacos and rated them to be average as well. However, great service and drink menu.Special Features:
- Great food in the Orlando areaDhotchkiVIPDined on 10/16/2014My friend suggested we go here. 30 minute taxi ride from the Convention Center but worth the trip. Started with bacon infused Old Fashioned. The highlight of the night though was the 20 oz pork porterhouse (which we split). Succulent, moist, nice char and superbly seasoned. The pasta dish was also well cooked. Cheese plate was great compared to most restaurants (but not after a recent trip to Madison, WI). Overall, highly recommended. This kind of restaurant could flourish in a serious food city like Portland, OR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usualKatieMarqVIPDined on 10/15/2014Love this place! It's always our pick when a special occasion rolls around, or a Wednesday :)Special Features:
- Singing the Bleu'sHamburgerlovers2Dined on 10/14/2014The menu clearly says "no substitutions", so we had to order our burgers with bleu cheese. It dominated the flavor in the burger, and tasted terrible. When we told the waiter, he said they would've substituted another cheese. Then why put "no substitutions" on the menu! Plus, no offer to discount the meal, even though more than half of it was uneaten.
- Not as good as in the pastrhodaVIPDined on 10/11/2014This one of my favorites but this visit i was disappointed. I felt that the menu is shrinking and not much to choose from. The food was good but portion size was very small. I ordered the dessert napolitian and it was a one bite dessert. so small I did not feel guilty eating dessert. They need more choices on the menu, think I am taking a break from coming hereSpecial Features:
- Consistent and accomodatingbackhomeVIPDined on 10/11/2014Although they don't make substitutions they did accommodate my request to leave an item out that I have allergies to. Chris our waiter was excellent; attentive and knowledgeable . I arrived early and was seated immediately to await the others in my party. It was an unusual Saturday as the restaurant was not busy with all that was going on in town on the weekend. For us is was great as we were never rushed, our food came out adequately spaced to both talk and enjoy.Special Features:
- Continuously evolvingBonusDadDined on 10/11/2014The Pig surprises and never disappoints. Seasonal pumpkin roll dessert was awesome. Butternut squash soup made me yearn for another bowl all weekend. Smoked fried chicken was genius. Potato salad with white sausage was brilliant. In heaven, you eat here every day.Special Features:
- A Foodies' MustRichDined on 10/10/2014Michelin Star, 5-Star, and any top award you can think of! Coming from our background as foodies, intuitive connoisseurs, and brewers, this is a Must Go restaurant, along with their sister Cask & Larder location. Phenomenally designed dishes of heart and soul, stemming from seasonal, organic, and sustainable foods. Master Chefs prepare magical dishes that will astound your taste buds and set the precedence for future dishes and dining experiences. The service is extraordinary as they are attentive, personable, and extremely knowledgeable in/about everything they serve. This restaurant is now a group staple, along with C&L's brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh, mywineandfoodloverVIPDined on 10/9/2014We had been here before, and this time we took friends. Of particular gastronomic note were the veal brisket, the fois gras tourchon, rock shrimp tacos, and the steak frites. The women in the group loved, loved, loved the roast chicken. The truffle fries with the steak frites were simply the best I've ever had. On the wine list, they have a Byron Pinot noir for $36. Byron makes a superior pinot, and at this price point, one that is simply irresistible. We'll be back every time we're in the Orlando area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicerubesDined on 10/8/2014The menu always changes, but all dishes were delicious!!! Server recommended a great bottle of wine, though the list of liquors was also very appealing. They also brought out two amazing Nutella/brownie type treats with coffee after dinner, which was a great surpriseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food!JoefromOhioDined on 10/7/2014This was my first time at this restaurant and the food was prepared to perfection. There were 4 of us and we wanted to sample a variety of dishes. They were very flexible with us and once we placed our order, they did a great job of spacing out the various dishes so that we weren't rushed and could savor each dish. The beef tartar, fish tacos and the skirt steak were our favorites. But, everything was so good that it's hard to choose a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost PerfectIlivetoeatDined on 10/7/2014This place is awesome! Great vibe, friendly and efficient service, knowledgeable staff. My Cobia entree was delicious - perfectly prepared, interesting ingredients, nice on the plate and in the mouth! The only things that kept me from giving this restaurant a five star rating were the raw oysters (served over ice but yet the oysters were not cold, which made them taste really fishy) and the red wine by the glass (also served a tad bit warm). Easy things to fix on the way to a perfect meal!Special Features:
- Just gets better!!!ShadepalmDined on 10/7/2014The dishes are innovative, beautiful and just amazing! You sense the seasons changing, even in Central Florida, by the abundance of fresh vegetables and local seafood; from fresh Cobia to house made ravioli with roasted butternut squash. Every dish is well thought out and lovingly prepared. The wine list changes with the menu and there's always just the right wine to complement every course. Service is always friendly and knowledgeable about the menu choices and wine list! The staff has actually tasted the menu items and the wine! If you're there for the evening meal ask for Nelson. He's an authentic "foodie". This restaurant is a true Winter Park gem, locally owned and operated by Winter Park folks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocationRosieVIPDined on 10/7/2014Food, and service is excellent. .I just wish it was in a better location, worn a viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved!DDempDined on 10/4/2014Great creative food, big flavors and fun cocktails! Our server was amazing too (can't remember his name but he has worked there for 5 yrs and was super fun and had great recommendations!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummytheDolDined on 10/4/2014Great food! Good treat! Great presentation! A little issue with serving the men first.Special Features:
- OktoberfestCubit99Dined on 10/4/2014The German inspired feast was amazing, a little small on portion for the price, but delicious nonetheless. Service was OK, a little slow to respond if something was needed when the waiter wasn't already visiting your table. The Oktoberfest beer flight from Cask & Larder was a good pairing for the meal. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is ok but not specialOrlandonlVIPDined on 10/3/2014Food was ok. Presentation very nice. Service was great. After all the great reviews I expected more. I have been there 2 times and have not been wowed.
- brilliant. ..melandmikehonestDined on 10/3/2014Great service....awesome drinks.special occasion and you can not go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and deliciousLoveeatingout520VIPDined on 10/2/2014The Place is worthy of a trip. we come from Pennsylvania every six months and come here two or three times. The steak and frites are the best!Special Features:
- A must!BB17Dined on 10/1/2014If you have not been here, you really must go; it was fantastic. I had no idea that pork porterhouse existed, and nearly a week later, it is still all I can think about. My husband had the steak frites, which was also wonderful. I didn't think I could eat any more food (we started with the beef tartare and biscuits; the tartare was wonderful and the biscuits are fine, but I think I don't care for Vermont butter), but then we had to get the pigtails, which were a perfect end to the meal. I think our server was Jessie, but I could be wrong. She's been there 7 years and she's worth her weight in platinum. She helped make the experience as much as the food did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub Burger is the BestAikigatorDined on 10/1/2014I stopped in and had their Angus Pub Burger with Fries. The burger was AWESOME! Everything from the bread to the beef was right on the money. They sprinkle the fries with truffle oil and you just can't stop eating them. The service was great and we never wanted for anything. We sat at the chef's counter and could see the kitchen staff in action which was interesting. The entire kitchen staff are top notch professionals and turn out fantastic foodSpecial Features:
- The Pig is awesome!JohnVIPDined on 9/26/2014This is one of our favorites! Whenever we travel to the Orlando area, we try to make a trip to Ravenous Pig!! It is awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enough food for priceYuckDined on 9/26/2014I had always heard how great the food was here...and the Salmon was great..but the serving was so small for the price..just salmon and a few veggies and I mean few...oh wellSpecial Features:
- Recommend for FoodiesFoodieCoupleDined on 9/20/2014Would definitely recommend The Ravenous Pig to all foodies or people whom love food!! The environment was great and lively, the food was amazing from the appetizer to the main entree. Cannot wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Satisfied SwineJennyDines620Dined on 9/19/2014I was in town with my fiancé for a conference and we wanted to do something different than the usual Disney scene. We drove 20 mins to Winter Park to check out the foodie favorite. He had steak, I had the fish and they were both incredible. One of my favorite parts of eating out is drinking out and trying a new cocktail. Their list was unique and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a revelation!BiancaDined on 9/19/2014The creativity and freshness burst through every single bite. The charcuterie, specifically the orange-scented salumi and the duck prosciutto, were delicious and FUN. These folks have the best and most original lasagna I have ever tasted (normally, I hate lasagna but sneaked a bite from a dinner companion's plate), and if you try the napoleon for dessert, you will be tempted to go back again and again and again.Special Features:
- Excellent!SassyDined on 9/17/2014This was the best restaurant we went to on our trip to Orlando. I would recommend it highly, and hope to dine there again someday. The food was delicious. The service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Great foodFloridaDined on 9/17/2014Delicious food. Attentive, informed service. Steak frites were perfect. Salmon (wild caught) was excellent, and not overcooked as it usually is.Special Features:
- Birthday ExtrasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014Service was very good and restaurant provided added touch to the desserts that we ordered as we were celebrating birthdays. Food was a little pricey but was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedDivineFindsDined on 9/16/2014We went on a Tuesday evening. The place is way too loud. So loud you cannot hear your partner next to you. I think its the acoustics of the place. I dont understand what the big deal was with the food. Its described for the sophisticated diner, however , once at the table, the food we ordered lacked the flavor expected. We ordered the farmers salad for the avocado mentioned on the menu, but was missing the avocado. the veal brisket, which was ok, it was mostly fatty and not as flavorful as thought of. and the NY Strip. the steak was cooked perfectly and was very good. However everything lacked seasoning.Special Features: