The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
1234 N. Orange Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://theravenouspig.com/
- Phone: 407-628-2333x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: James & Julie Petrakis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please note: We hold a Seasonal Roast on the first Saturday of every month - for lunch only. During our roast we offer a delicious plate of food for $17 per person. The usual lunch menu is not available for this day.
A word from The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
Located on N. Orange Avenue in Winter Park, The Ravenous Pig offers Seasonal American Cuisine with menus that change daily. Come enjoy our ever changing American Microbrews on tap and wines from around the world as well as a full bar in a casual yet elegant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (185)neighborhood gem (120)special occasion (118)hot spot (76)romantic (67)notable wine list (63)great for lunch (59)good for groups (48)vibrant bar scene (34)great for outdoor dining (23)great for brunch (19)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I dined here on a Friday evening and ordered the tuna dish as well as the steak frites. Both were delicious, with the favorite easily being the tuna, especially with the tomato-jalapeño paste. The drink and dessert selection were also very good. And wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !VnaLGDined on 9/6/2014Loved the food an the place. Service was impeccable. Is was a bit noisy.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!LaureDined on 9/6/2014Great food, grest ambiance and eclectic mix both in the clientele and food offerings. They sat us late and came a couple of times to apologize, then offered comp. appetizers... Good customer service!! We were celebrating a Bday and that was written on a custom-menu, great touch, subtle.. Definitely ip to its reputation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried the rest, now have the bestBritishDined on 9/6/2014Really good lunch here. As with visits before the staff were amazing and really do create a great atmosphere. Food was really good as were the drinks. Everything was better than expected. Highly recommended for that 'special' lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Great Food and Drinks!!CathyDined on 9/6/2014There was absolutely nothing bad on my plate. We went for the pig roast and it was amazing. I partically enjoyed the collard greens. They were the best I have ever had. For drinks I tried the Mule they had on tap. It was also fantastic. By far the best mule I have had to date. I would highly recommend The Ravenous Pig to anyone.Special Features:
- RoastPortlandAmbassadorDined on 9/6/2014Tried the monthly "roast" which each month rotates between different cuisines per chefs discretion. September was the traditional pig roast with fixin's. Good, not great was our consensus. The ribs were a bit tough, the meat could've used sauce, and the two-bite dessert left something to be desired (it was a dry crumbly take on a blonde bar). A couple fun beers and good convos made the trip worth it. Overall we had a great time, but I wouldn't go back for a roast. Their dinner fare is more fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything top notchJoshLaBellDined on 9/5/2014The food and cocktails are outstanding. The staff and service were even better than the food, which is high praise. I'd go back once a week if I could. Highest recommendation.Special Features:
- Great in every aspect.shallowreefDined on 9/3/2014Great gastropub menu and atmosphere. Started with the soft pretzel appetizer followed by shrimp tacos. Both were delicious. Relatively small portion sizes perfect for lunch. The server was available and patient, allowing me and my colleague plenty of time to chat while still being there when we needed him. Good mix of professionals and casual diners for lunch. If you want a change from the big-portion chains that are so prevalent in the Orlando-area, I highly recommend The Ravenous Pig.Special Features:
- Amazing as always!foofoofoodieDined on 9/2/2014Had the tempura calamari and cobia. They are one of the most creative kitchens in Orlando. Please open a location in Altamonte Springs!Special Features:
- Great Place for Great foodHarryVIPDined on 8/30/2014We love to eat here and also prefer Mason as our server. The food is always unique and special. They have a great wine and drink list and its a fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent dinner!WPfanDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful meal. Great service. Only a tiny complaint. Dessert mysteriously took a very long time with no explanation, no apology. It was a birthday dinner, everyone was getting pretty tired and ready to leave. A nice gesture would have been to comp the dessert and coffee. It certainly won't stop us from returning, but the little things set small businesses apart from one another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To much noisemie8Dined on 8/28/2014There was a table next mine that was talking too loud and for too long. The service was very good but the food was just o.k. I asked for the steak with fries. The meat was soft but not very tastefull. The fries were perfect with a touch os tuffle, just deliciousSpecial Features:
- Um lugar gostoso fora dos parquesVeneDined on 8/28/2014Otima comida, ambiente e serviço sensacional e um deliciosa carta de vinhos e cervejas artesanais. Recomendo e muito a visitaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDiddyDined on 8/27/2014Best pork chops we ever had. After two wives passed away 7 of us decided to go out to a nice restaurant every wednesday. We will certainly keep this one on our list. I asked for a quiet spot so we could chat and I got it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely NoisyTennisplayerDined on 8/27/2014My dining friend and I had to shout at each other across the small table to hear each other during our lunch. It took away from the enjoyment of the food. If you want a quiet meal, do not go here. The rooms amplify noise.Special Features:
- Good, not great.EricDined on 8/23/2014Maybe this is just a case of "not living up to the hype". The food was good, nothing to really complain about. But as for being over-the-top-amazing and perhaps the best restaurant in Orlando? Nah. Our octopus appetizer fell a little flat; four little pieces of octopus, nothing special. The branzino was just average, and the flat iron steak frite was nice, but nothing unbelievable. It's a good restaurant, I would recommend it, I would probably go back at some point myself. But I found the sister restaurant, Cask & Larder to be much better with its much more inventive menu and bolder flavors.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Had the Farmer's Salad and Charcuterie with my wife. Great flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still a gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014We returned to ravenous after probably four years mainly because it is so difficult to find reservations. Just as during the prior visits we were quite pleased with our server. The menu items were outstanding. of course the biscuits are a legend . glad to be back.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014I found this magnificent place a few years back while traveling from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale. Since then I have moved an hour away from Winter Park, FL. We come here once a month, as they change their menu monthly. I have always enjoyed the experience often leaving with a "taste bud high". If you enjoy authentic flavors and a huge respect for individual ingredients, this place is FOR YOU.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AwesomeAngelicaDined on 8/22/2014I often take people I consider special in my life to the Ravenous Pig for lunch. They walk away feeling that they are number 1 on my list. The food is fresh, the ambiance is perfect for conversation and the service is stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal ever!TipsyDined on 8/20/2014This was a great experience all around. They offer several shareable "board" appetizers; which are a great way to start. We had a trio of seafood crudos; for a place with pig in the name they really know how to do seafood. The fig salad, sweetbreads, and pork porterhouse were other highlights. The service was impeccable, knowledgeable, friendly, yet unobtrusive. The manager checked in at several points and made a great wine recommendation. We finished of with a great after dinner cocktail served the one giant crystal clear ice cube; they have an exceptional bar program. Everything they do here is done exceptionally. Definitely the best restaurant in Central Florida hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pig v caskchfetteDined on 8/20/2014cask and larder hands down. Service was incredible, wine list amazing, but food did not live up to the reputation
- spot onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014I brought my parents, who were visiting from our of town, in for dinner. It was my first time here. I had previously eaten lunch at cask and larder. Was every bit as pleased with my meal here as I had been expecting. Nice job to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurantSheabensDined on 8/19/2014I went for lunch. I live in California and was spending 2 nights in Orlando. We couldn't make dinner reservations so we came for lunch. The food was good and the drinks were fun. The bacon in the Old Fashioned was AMAZING!! My friend ordered the burger and said it was one of the best he'd ever had. I would recommend this restaurant and would definitely come back if I'm ever in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our evening!Foodie2someDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I had booked a table for 9 pm - the earliest time available on a Friday night!- but thought we'd get to the place early and have a drink at the bar. Luckily a table came open just as we were served our drinks so we were seated by 8:30. We loved the ambience of the place and our waiter couldn't have been nicer - very knowledgable about all the menu items and helpful in every respect. A manager stopped by a couple of times also to check things were going well. All the meat items we ordered - the pork belly appetizer, the veal brisket and the hanger steak - we're cooked to perfection. The only slight complaint I would have is that the sauces and vegetables were a little over-salted. Overall though a very satisfying evening.Special Features:
- Highs and lowsebethouDined on 8/15/2014Our cocktails were excellent, especially my old fashioned. I highly recommend it. Our food was good, but it wasn't great. Dessert was really good. We especially enjoyed the tart and the caramels on the sweet board. Unfortunately, our coffee was really bad. I tried to take a sip and just got a bunch of grounds.
- Ok. serviceAlisDined on 8/15/2014I gave three stars to service, only because our server confused my friend drink he poured water in her sprite, forgot to brings us the coffee along with the dessert, he disappear after he took the order for desserts and coffee, we had to ask somebody else for spoons. We believed he is new.Special Features:
- Serivce need improvementFoodieDined on 8/13/2014The food is amazing, however, the service need more attention! Waitress failed to delivered the wow factor when she knew that I was celebrating a special occasion! In additon, the gap time between appitezer and entree is very long and the waitress didnt care. Great chef, but poor service.Special Features:
- Dinner with clientsTable4twelveDined on 8/12/2014The Pig is always my first choice when dining with friends, clients, family or foodies. The me ue changes often and there is always a little something different to try. I love their chicken liver mousse and the buffalo sweetbreads. I am awaiting the return of the salmon tarine but until then there are plenty of great things on the menue to keep me busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Perfect!bringmeanothermojitoDined on 8/12/2014Everything about our dining experience was perfect! Knowledgeable wait staff, perfectly blended mojitos, the steak frites, the dessert plate = foodie heaven! I love this restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014We enjoyed everything. I had dined before but wanted to take out my friends from upstate NY, we weren't disappointed! We loved everything. I only wish out server, upon hearing it was 2 of the party first time; that he would have gone into greater detail/enthusiasm about why RP is so special in menu wrap. Over all, wonderful as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Experiencethegeoff407Dined on 8/9/2014A couple friends and I tried The Ravenous Pig for the first time and loved it all. The food and service were amazing. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodThunderfanDined on 8/8/2014We went there on the recommendation of a friend. At 9 pm the place was jumping. Several large parties around us had been drinking and made conversation difficult. The Cobia was very good as was the chicken. Our server was very attentive and knew the menu well. We enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- Great foodFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Great food and service. Mason was a great server. Very knowledgeable with beer and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/7/2014My son is a chef and his review of the restaurant is "why eat anywhere else?"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as its pressfoodloverDined on 8/6/2014Our party of 5 was so-so with our first time visit to Ravenous Pig. We have heard raves and saw its higher ranking of local restaurants. We had some highlights--the charcuterie platter was wonderful, protiens were great--flank steak, branzino, and pork however the tagliatelle was tasteless and the steak frites were so salty they were inedible. Also, we asked for a second helping of bread that took 18 minutes. Our wait service was average.Special Features:
- Great food, great servicePickyeatersDined on 8/5/2014This restaurant, stands out among another's in the Orlando area. Everything is fresh, inventive and certainly has no formulaic feel as my of the chains do in the area. From valet parking to goodnight and thank you from the Maitre'D, our needs were catered for. The waiting staff were very knowledgable about the menu and the food tasted great. At $150 for 3 meals this isn't cheap but well worth every dime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lex13Dined on 8/5/2014The food was well prepared and the service was very attentive. We celebrated our 2nd anniversary there and the customized our menu's. My wife was delighted. It's amazing how something so simple makes a huge difference. We will definitely stop in the next time we visit Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food not true for serviceDocjohnnyv2Dined on 8/5/2014Food and specialty drinks offered are incredible. Service fair at best, had to ask for drink refills and was almost finished with my dinner by the time it arrived.Special Features:
- Consistently greatnikos13Dined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is consistently great. You can't really go wrong with anything on the menu, but the burger is one of the best in town, and also the Gruyere biscuits appetizer needs to be tried. Beer is also good and even though the selection changes often there is always at least one that will satisfy you. Service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.