The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
1234 N. Orange Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://theravenouspig.com/
- Phone: 407-628-2333x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: James & Julie Petrakis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please note: We hold a Seasonal Roast on the first Saturday of every month - for lunch only. During our roast we offer a delicious plate of food for $17 per person. The usual lunch menu is not available for this day.
A word from The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
Located on N. Orange Avenue in Winter Park, The Ravenous Pig offers Seasonal American Cuisine with menus that change daily. Come enjoy our ever changing American Microbrews on tap and wines from around the world as well as a full bar in a casual yet elegant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub reviews from OpenTable diners
239 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (173)neighborhood gem (121)special occasion (114)hot spot (72)romantic (61)notable wine list (56)great for lunch (56)vibrant bar scene (43)good for groups (37)great for outdoor dining (29)great for brunch (24)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (3)Show More
- A FOODIES HAVENDicedPineapplesJonesDined on 7/26/2014If you're into gourmet creations the ravenous pig is the place for you. From beer, wine, drinks, to the food the creative tastes are divine. A mystery try for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winegirl928Dined on 7/25/2014Always an excellent meal, love this spot, all of the different food pairing combinations are always put together so wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambition outstrips executionOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/25/2014Exicitng menu that changes daily, but food was hit or miss, sadly two different pastas were over-salted to the point of being inedible. Service was friendly, but slow - particularly as the restaurant got busy. They must be doing something right, as it was packed on a hot summer night.Special Features:
- A bit disappointing.DevoraVIPDined on 7/22/2014I was promptly seated. The Gruyere biscuits were overly salty, otherwise they probably would have been great. Our meals came out at different times- a bit disappointing. The Pub Burger I ordered medium well. It came out medium rare. The waiter didn't check back with me to see how it was until my friends were practically finished with their meals that arrived at the table prior to my meal. I didn't want to be the only one eating so I just left it. However the truffle fries were very good. Disappointing to pay for a meal and leave hungry because it wasn't cooked per the way it was ordered and my waiter wasn't interested to see how our meals were. :( Don't think I will head back anytime soon.Special Features:
- LunchStarDined on 7/22/2014Lunch, as usual, was delicious; every course ordered was outstanding. My guest, first time at the "pig" was delighted with all. She asked our waiter to hold the check to give us a littler longer to catch up and he so without interrupting us until we asked for the check. We were impressed. We also got the window seat as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy buy Nicetommie33Dined on 7/19/2014Limited food selection but what the 6 of us ordered was very good. Excellent selection of wine. Saturday night is crazy and very loud.Special Features:
- LeslieVIPDined on 7/19/2014We heard so much about the Ravenous Pig and had never eaten here before. We had the shrimp tacos and the mahi sandwich, and both were very tasty. We also got their dessert special, which was a crispy cherry tart w/home made ice cream. That was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Restaurant. Ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Five of us dined at the Ravenous Pig for the first time last Friday night. We all ordered something different, including multiple salads and appetizers to go with our main course and dessert. There wasn't anything served that every one of us wished we had ordered. We tasted each other's selections - because the dishes were all unique and absolutely delicious! Portions are generous and prices quite reasonable for the quality of the food and service. We highly recommend this restaurant and will visit every time we are in the Orlando area.Special Features:
- variable quaitywadaDined on 7/15/2014we ate a starter and an entrée for each of us . the starter was excellent and well thought through but the entrée was not so well organized. we had the pork porter house and fish of the day with capers. the pork was very generous in portion size but a bit pale in taste. the size of the pork was way bigger compared to the sides of the dish which made the whole dish lopsided. the fish was to small in size so I wasn´t full after the meal.Special Features:
- Great Season MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014You have to make reservations and plan on being there a couple of hours, but great food and beer. Love the seasonal menu. It doesn't seem like 2 hours when your done due to the excellent experience.Special Features:
- Food was ok.AJL1Dined on 7/11/2014I have heard amazing reviews about this place, so I took my bosses from out of town here. The surroundings were comforable and our server was very knowledgable. I have to say, the food was not very tasty. We had a slider appetizer, muscels for my meal with biscuits, a tart and the pig ears that we shared. Nothing was terrible, but I can't say that I was really blown away by anything.Special Features:
- Great place to dineBonnieDined on 7/10/2014Food was delicious, service great!!! Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful VenueDevinedining5409bahamasDined on 7/10/2014My family and I absolutely love! Love the Ravenous Pig it is if not the most favorite place when it comes to dining. To sum it up in one word scrumptious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall GoodevilpandaDined on 7/8/2014Apart from being told by a hostess that I was 45mins late for my reservation and that my table had been given away it was a very enjoyable evening. I had an email confirming 7:15pm from open table, the hostess claimed it was for 6:30pm. Her demeanor made me want to leave but we stuck it out and had a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting place.....LeewardDined on 7/5/2014The noise level was extreme, it was difficult to hear the waiter and our party of five had to raise our voice to have a conversation . The menu while in some areas was self explanatory, it should have been stated the rugret ,unsure of spelling, was a fish. It was tasty and fresh . The pork chop was very fatty and only a small portion was edible , for $30-35. All in all a big disappointment .Special Features:
- Excellent for FoodiesASUFoodieDined on 7/2/2014This is a great restaurant for anyone wanting something truly special for lunch or dinner. I like the fact that, despite it being a foodie-worthy haven, the Ravenous Pig doesn't feel pretentious or stiff. You get the best of both worlds--a comfortable and relaxed setting, along with an extensive beer and wine list (usually only seen in fancy restaurants). I recommend anything on the menu, but I usually get the shrimp tacos (and I hate shrimp!) and the charcuterie platter because both items always knock my socks off!Special Features:
- Customer service lackingtawsVIPDined on 6/28/2014As always they have a very creative menu- but the customer service is always lacking. I always feel like TRP is doing me a favor by letting me eat and pay for food I eat there. They really don't know how to treat customers- as they don't care if you ever return again? At least that is how they treat you. We waited 10 min after being seated before anyone waited on us. To spend $200 on a casual dinner for 2- customer service would be nice!Special Features:
- Why That NameDineangeDined on 6/28/2014Those not in the know might think the Ravenous Pig is a down home barbeque joint. Far from it! Creative dishes are prepared, presented and served in a softly lit, upscale atmosphere that is neither casual nor intimidating. Servers really know the menu and deftly guide diners through courses and wine pairings. The award winning RP is one of the finest restaurants in Orlando. Luckily for me, the place is not in the tourist section of Orlando but in my neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to write home aboutdinersixDined on 6/27/2014This restaurant did not live up to all its hype, after all it took three weeks to get reservations for a party of six, so we were looking forward to a great dining experience. The food was good, but not great and the portions were small. The service was good. The atmosphere was nice, but too loud for our party. We did not think it was worth the inflated price. None in our party of six will be returning.Special Features:
- Always a Winner!Live2EatDined on 6/27/2014We always have a great time at "The Pig". The food is innovative and the same thought process goes into their cocktails. The servers are knowledgeable about the items and don't have to run to check every time a question is posed. Definitely our "go to."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable!Jomomma1991Dined on 6/27/2014Decided to give The Ravenous Pig a try, and was not disappointed. From the genuine service, to the the beautifully executed food, this place delivered a very enjoyable night out. I will definitely visit the Pig again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Awesome!!!BaconAssassin26Dined on 6/21/2014Found this gem by chance when looking for a spot for my 11year anniversary, by far the best choice I could have made. I had made special requests for the intimate event, we had arrived early got a quick drink at the bar (great selection) and we're sat at a very nice location in the dining room. I had informed the restaurant prior that it was our anniversary and they went so far to print it on our menus (nice touch!!!) the food was beyond amazing we had the biscuits and pork belly as apps she got a pasta that was on the menu for the evening and I had the pork porterhouse (big but ridiculously awesome) the desert was freaking amazing and they even made a special anniversary plate for dessert, by far worth every pennySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteNotsofastVIPDined on 6/21/2014Love this place so much that I specifically arranged to come from out of town and meet friends for my birthday. Waiter was great and they are very attentive to food-related allergies. Unfortunately for me, this particular night, my choices were limited, but delicious.Special Features:
- YummyLuvFoodVIPDined on 6/21/2014Food was outstanding. The watermelon gazpacho soup as out of this world! I have never had Nything here that I did not love!Special Features:
- Date nightjonlDined on 6/20/2014My wife and try to get out without the kids 1-2 times a month and luckily we had been given a gift card to the Ravenous Pig. We had been before and the food and drinks were amazing this time as well. You have to try the Gruyere Biscuits! It came time for the bill and I put down the gift card and my credit card. The waitress came back and said that the gift card was empty. She offered to bring it to her manager to see if he could look up the history. He was unable to find were the card had been used and decided to honor the card and the amount that I told him was on the card. It was extremely generous and you don't find people or establishments like this anymore. So not only do they have great food they have great people also.Special Features:
- lunch reviewlovemyfatsDined on 6/20/2014The food was very good. I was a little disappointed that there were no gluten free option so we asked for apples or cucumbers for our spread and you did not have any. That was a little strange that a restaurant would not have apples or cucumber. Todays customers are health conscious and finding restaurants that offer grass feed beef, gmo, soy, and corn free options is very important. Also I look for restaurants that use no oils for cooking, but instead will use real butter and real fat. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed a night out with friendsBarbaraADined on 6/18/2014I had the pork belly with figs, a falafel salad and shared a fried green tomato starter. Everything was wonderful. The special treat of the night was the blueberry sorbet. I would recommend this restaurant even though it is pricey and the dining area can be VERY noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was goodMannyDined on 6/18/2014Great place for lunch in this part of town. Valet parking is a great complement. Menu provides good options and food was good. Service was very good and quick. Price is what I expected for this restaurant category.Special Features:
- Favorite place in OrlandoMaggieDined on 6/17/2014I am a foodie and have been to the Pig many, many times and it NEVER disappoints! The food is always incredible, it's so fresh and flavorful. Their charcuterie is the best in the city by far.Special Features:
- Fun and DeliciousDiana78VIPDined on 6/17/2014The Ravenous Pig is a great experience for all! The food was delicious and the menu had great variety. Everyone in my party really enjoyed the food and ambiance. It's a great local find!Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant!TheOrlandoFoodieGalsDined on 6/14/2014My boyfriend and I had an 8:30 pm dinner reservation on a Saturday. As soon as we got there we were seated promptly. The ambiance was rustically beautiful and the seating was elegant. The food was superb! We enjoyed the Gruyere biscuits, Shrimp and Grits, Steak Frites, Pork Porterhouse, and blueberry crepes. On the weekends this place seems to attract a lot of boisterous people that love to drink. So if you want a quiet, romantic dinner I would recommend going during the week. Other than that, we love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow lunch service in empty jointDGPayne02VIPDined on 6/14/2014Although there weren't that many people there at noon on Saturday for lunch, our server was absent most of our visit (this was our first time here to boot). He forgot our pretzel order that we decided on for our appetizer. But, the food was good, I will say that. Maybe he was just having an off day. Hoping that our next visit service is more prompt.Special Features:
- This little piggie brought it home!ChoosiefoodieDined on 6/13/2014The food at the Ravenous Pig has always risen above the peasant fare that a pub (gastro or not), with a penchant for the pig delivers. Even with the ever increasing popularity of bacon infused farm to table foods becoming annoyingly everyday, the food at the pig continues to evolve as new takes on the favorite shrimp n grits or the snack board, keep things fresh for the fans. Chef Petrakis and his team can be seen at the kitchen window....him, calm and cool as he inspects, garnishes, and occasionally looks up to greet a groupie diner or two-the staff, hustling, beads of sweat captured by bandanas, creating their master's vision. My favorite place is at the Chef's counter where I can taste every dish just by watching what has gone into it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sated HeiferQueenMabDined on 6/12/2014Awesome dining experience. There are only a few items on the menu and every one is a gem. These dishes are made with seasonal, local ingredients. Most of the waiters have been with the restaurant for a long time. Ask the waiter what to get. Most likely, she has tasted everything.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/10/2014Outstanding menu -- both food and beverage. A little outside of Orlando, but well worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for foodies! I concur!GarciaStudiosDined on 6/7/2014We were very delighted with the food and service at this restaurant. Our server was very informative, explaining the origin of the restaurant and each course option. I would definitely recommend this dining experience for those looking for something different than all the chain restaurants that exist in Orlando.Special Features:
- MandLDined on 6/7/2014Ravenous Pig was just fine. We went for pork fest and were both disappointed with the quality of the meat. Our roast pork was more fat than pork. Because it was pork fest the plates were set. There was a lot of collard greens and peas on our plate and it came with the smallest peach cobbler I have ever seen - the size of a quarter. We probably should have made our first visit on a regular night - won't be in a hurry to go back.
- MikeMikeDined on 6/7/2014Relaxing, with food that is prepared where flavors blend into a creative dish that never disappoints. Staff is pleasant and service is top rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first experiencezkeeper99Dined on 6/6/2014We enjoyed our first visit to the acclaimed Ravenous Pig this week. The food (apart from the mediocre Biscuits) was exceptional and the Bacon Old Fashioned was the best version of that classic cocktail I've ever had! The atmosphere is fun and relaxed, although not ideal for an intimate meal due to the high noise levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must go if you are around OrlandogsviannaDined on 6/6/2014Excelente experience. Not fancy, excelente food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.