The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
1234 N. Orange Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://theravenouspig.com/
- Phone: 407-628-2333x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: James & Julie Petrakis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please note: We hold a Seasonal Roast on the first Saturday of every month - for lunch only. During our roast we offer a delicious plate of food for $17 per person. The usual lunch menu is not available for this day.
A word from The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
Located on N. Orange Avenue in Winter Park, The Ravenous Pig offers Seasonal American Cuisine with menus that change daily. Come enjoy our ever changing American Microbrews on tap and wines from around the world as well as a full bar in a casual yet elegant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (184)neighborhood gem (119)special occasion (119)hot spot (78)notable wine list (66)romantic (66)great for lunch (59)good for groups (45)vibrant bar scene (39)great for outdoor dining (24)great for brunch (21)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Extremely NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014My dining friend and I had to shout at each other across the small table to hear each other during our lunch. It took away from the enjoyment of the food. If you want a quiet meal, do not go here. The rooms amplify noise.Special Features:
- Good, not great.EricDined on 8/23/2014Maybe this is just a case of "not living up to the hype". The food was good, nothing to really complain about. But as for being over-the-top-amazing and perhaps the best restaurant in Orlando? Nah. Our octopus appetizer fell a little flat; four little pieces of octopus, nothing special. The branzino was just average, and the flat iron steak frite was nice, but nothing unbelievable. It's a good restaurant, I would recommend it, I would probably go back at some point myself. But I found the sister restaurant, Cask & Larder to be much better with its much more inventive menu and bolder flavors.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Had the Farmer's Salad and Charcuterie with my wife. Great flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still a gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014We returned to ravenous after probably four years mainly because it is so difficult to find reservations. Just as during the prior visits we were quite pleased with our server. The menu items were outstanding. of course the biscuits are a legend . glad to be back.Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014I found this magnificent place a few years back while traveling from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale. Since then I have moved an hour away from Winter Park, FL. We come here once a month, as they change their menu monthly. I have always enjoyed the experience often leaving with a "taste bud high". If you enjoy authentic flavors and a huge respect for individual ingredients, this place is FOR YOU.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AwesomeAngelicaDined on 8/22/2014I often take people I consider special in my life to the Ravenous Pig for lunch. They walk away feeling that they are number 1 on my list. The food is fresh, the ambiance is perfect for conversation and the service is stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal ever!TipsyDined on 8/20/2014This was a great experience all around. They offer several shareable "board" appetizers; which are a great way to start. We had a trio of seafood crudos; for a place with pig in the name they really know how to do seafood. The fig salad, sweetbreads, and pork porterhouse were other highlights. The service was impeccable, knowledgeable, friendly, yet unobtrusive. The manager checked in at several points and made a great wine recommendation. We finished of with a great after dinner cocktail served the one giant crystal clear ice cube; they have an exceptional bar program. Everything they do here is done exceptionally. Definitely the best restaurant in Central Florida hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pig v caskchfetteDined on 8/20/2014cask and larder hands down. Service was incredible, wine list amazing, but food did not live up to the reputation
- spot onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014I brought my parents, who were visiting from our of town, in for dinner. It was my first time here. I had previously eaten lunch at cask and larder. Was every bit as pleased with my meal here as I had been expecting. Nice job to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our evening!Foodie2someDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I had booked a table for 9 pm - the earliest time available on a Friday night!- but thought we'd get to the place early and have a drink at the bar. Luckily a table came open just as we were served our drinks so we were seated by 8:30. We loved the ambience of the place and our waiter couldn't have been nicer - very knowledgable about all the menu items and helpful in every respect. A manager stopped by a couple of times also to check things were going well. All the meat items we ordered - the pork belly appetizer, the veal brisket and the hanger steak - we're cooked to perfection. The only slight complaint I would have is that the sauces and vegetables were a little over-salted. Overall though a very satisfying evening.Special Features:
- Highs and lowsebethouDined on 8/15/2014Our cocktails were excellent, especially my old fashioned. I highly recommend it. Our food was good, but it wasn't great. Dessert was really good. We especially enjoyed the tart and the caramels on the sweet board. Unfortunately, our coffee was really bad. I tried to take a sip and just got a bunch of grounds.
- Ok. serviceAlisDined on 8/15/2014I gave three stars to service, only because our server confused my friend drink he poured water in her sprite, forgot to brings us the coffee along with the dessert, he disappear after he took the order for desserts and coffee, we had to ask somebody else for spoons. We believed he is new.Special Features:
- Serivce need improvementFoodieDined on 8/13/2014The food is amazing, however, the service need more attention! Waitress failed to delivered the wow factor when she knew that I was celebrating a special occasion! In additon, the gap time between appitezer and entree is very long and the waitress didnt care. Great chef, but poor service.Special Features:
- Dinner with clientsTable4twelveDined on 8/12/2014The Pig is always my first choice when dining with friends, clients, family or foodies. The me ue changes often and there is always a little something different to try. I love their chicken liver mousse and the buffalo sweetbreads. I am awaiting the return of the salmon tarine but until then there are plenty of great things on the menue to keep me busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Perfect!bringmeanothermojitoDined on 8/12/2014Everything about our dining experience was perfect! Knowledgeable wait staff, perfectly blended mojitos, the steak frites, the dessert plate = foodie heaven! I love this restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014We enjoyed everything. I had dined before but wanted to take out my friends from upstate NY, we weren't disappointed! We loved everything. I only wish out server, upon hearing it was 2 of the party first time; that he would have gone into greater detail/enthusiasm about why RP is so special in menu wrap. Over all, wonderful as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Experiencethegeoff407Dined on 8/9/2014A couple friends and I tried The Ravenous Pig for the first time and loved it all. The food and service were amazing. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodThunderfanDined on 8/8/2014We went there on the recommendation of a friend. At 9 pm the place was jumping. Several large parties around us had been drinking and made conversation difficult. The Cobia was very good as was the chicken. Our server was very attentive and knew the menu well. We enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- Great foodFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Great food and service. Mason was a great server. Very knowledgeable with beer and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/7/2014My son is a chef and his review of the restaurant is "why eat anywhere else?"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as its pressfoodloverDined on 8/6/2014Our party of 5 was so-so with our first time visit to Ravenous Pig. We have heard raves and saw its higher ranking of local restaurants. We had some highlights--the charcuterie platter was wonderful, protiens were great--flank steak, branzino, and pork however the tagliatelle was tasteless and the steak frites were so salty they were inedible. Also, we asked for a second helping of bread that took 18 minutes. Our wait service was average.Special Features:
- Great food, great servicePickyeatersDined on 8/5/2014This restaurant, stands out among another's in the Orlando area. Everything is fresh, inventive and certainly has no formulaic feel as my of the chains do in the area. From valet parking to goodnight and thank you from the Maitre'D, our needs were catered for. The waiting staff were very knowledgable about the menu and the food tasted great. At $150 for 3 meals this isn't cheap but well worth every dime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lex13Dined on 8/5/2014The food was well prepared and the service was very attentive. We celebrated our 2nd anniversary there and the customized our menu's. My wife was delighted. It's amazing how something so simple makes a huge difference. We will definitely stop in the next time we visit Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food not true for serviceDocjohnnyv2Dined on 8/5/2014Food and specialty drinks offered are incredible. Service fair at best, had to ask for drink refills and was almost finished with my dinner by the time it arrived.Special Features:
- Consistently greatnikos13Dined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is consistently great. You can't really go wrong with anything on the menu, but the burger is one of the best in town, and also the Gruyere biscuits appetizer needs to be tried. Beer is also good and even though the selection changes often there is always at least one that will satisfy you. Service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a date nightAdamKDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I just needed a night away from the Kiddo and The Ravenous Pig was the place on the list. It was a first time and was all the hype said it was. Great beer selection for me and my wide had the bacon infused old fashioned. She really enjoyed it. Two will do the trick. :) Then we had their cheese and meats plate that they make in house. Recommended by the server. It was fantastic! Next was the seared duck. Also very good. Then we went for the Porchetta. It was only okay. In the description it did say it was a bit fatty but I wasnt expecting this much. It was crisp on the outside but juicy on the inside. It was great for some bits but others were too fatty. All and all it was a great night and was a great place to start our night.Special Features:
- TRP disappointmentNuyawkerDined on 8/2/2014Typically find the TRP outstanding but the Saturday lunch clambake was disappointing. Crab was overcooked and not worth the trouble prying out of the claw. Broth was not the outstanding mix of flavors I expect from the restaurant. Mediocre dish and will not return next summer.
- Clam BakeRobertDined on 8/2/2014The Saturday Clam Bake was excellent, the seafood in the broth was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Fabulous Food!jokrieteDined on 8/1/2014Our server Alex was very attentive, personable and knowledgable. The food was unique, flavorful, and delicious! Do not miss the veal sweetbreads!!! They ran out of the porchetta but we could not have eaten one more bite! We will have to come back and try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!! Literally speechlessEternaldrifterDined on 8/1/2014Mason, the waiter knew the menu like the back of his hand and his recommendation was spot on for both the salad and the main course! One of the best food I had across the different continents I have travelled! But you definitely have to book very early in advance or have quite some wait. But definitely worth it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014With out question a fantastic experience! We had a reservation and ended up being late, no problem! The food was out of this world, and the service matched!Special Features:
- So good!EmmanuelDined on 7/31/2014Take the time to check out this great spot! But don't go if you are not into the delicious swine, as it is (as its name states) built around it. House cured meats, and amazing shrimp tacos. Great ambience can be had if you are looking for a "taverny" feel or if you like a nice dining room.Special Features:
- Pig...out.LitKatDined on 7/30/2014We had a birthday celebration with 5 ladies. Our waiter started out very attentive, but then we had to stop other wait staff for service. That was very disappointing as we got there at opening, so it was not busy at that time. The food was good, but WAY too many fries! The staff did acknowledge the birthday and gave her a nicely decorated plate with 2 items that were inedible. We each tried a bite and the overall feeling was that they gave her what no one else could eat.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!J3k4Dined on 7/29/2014The service is incredible, our server knew the menu and everything he recommended was excellent. The food is AMAZING, the presentation, the ingredients… and the taste... it was incredible. Our night was wonderful, cocktails, food, service, ambience. I recommend this restaurant 100%.Special Features:
- Always greatcouchfamDined on 7/29/2014Every time I am always impressed. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FOODIES HAVENDicedPineapplesJonesDined on 7/26/2014If you're into gourmet creations the ravenous pig is the place for you. From beer, wine, drinks, to the food the creative tastes are divine. A mystery try for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winegirl928Dined on 7/25/2014Always an excellent meal, love this spot, all of the different food pairing combinations are always put together so wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambition outstrips executionOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/25/2014Exicitng menu that changes daily, but food was hit or miss, sadly two different pastas were over-salted to the point of being inedible. Service was friendly, but slow - particularly as the restaurant got busy. They must be doing something right, as it was packed on a hot summer night.Special Features:
- A bit disappointing.DevoraVIPDined on 7/22/2014I was promptly seated. The Gruyere biscuits were overly salty, otherwise they probably would have been great. Our meals came out at different times- a bit disappointing. The Pub Burger I ordered medium well. It came out medium rare. The waiter didn't check back with me to see how it was until my friends were practically finished with their meals that arrived at the table prior to my meal. I didn't want to be the only one eating so I just left it. However the truffle fries were very good. Disappointing to pay for a meal and leave hungry because it wasn't cooked per the way it was ordered and my waiter wasn't interested to see how our meals were. :( Don't think I will head back anytime soon.Special Features:
- LunchStarDined on 7/22/2014Lunch, as usual, was delicious; every course ordered was outstanding. My guest, first time at the "pig" was delighted with all. She asked our waiter to hold the check to give us a littler longer to catch up and he so without interrupting us until we asked for the check. We were impressed. We also got the window seat as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.