The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
1234 N. Orange Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://theravenouspig.com/
- Phone: (407) 628-2333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: James & Julie Petrakis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please note: We hold a Seasonal Roast on the first Saturday of every month - for lunch only. During our roast we offer a delicious plate of food for $17 per person. The usual lunch menu is not available for this day.
A word from The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
Located on N. Orange Avenue in Winter Park, The Ravenous Pig offers Seasonal American Cuisine with menus that change daily. Come enjoy our ever changing American Microbrews on tap and wines from around the world as well as a full bar in a casual yet elegant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub reviews from OpenTable diners
251 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (204)neighborhood gem (127)special occasion (125)hot spot (96)notable wine list (72)romantic (71)good for groups (54)great for lunch (50)vibrant bar scene (48)great for outdoor dining (26)late-night find (15)great for brunch (9)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Bring your friends!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014Love Rav Pig! One of my favorite restaurants in Orlando, I always bring out-of-town friends here. The cocktails are perfectly mixed and the servers are friendly and knowledgable about the menu. Recommend the monthly roast (first Saturdays) for an awesome taste of what they have to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tdg1Dined on 11/22/2014Our party of 6 sat in the pub, near the bar. The server did not introduce himself, but he was a big guy. He was completely indifferent to us, approaching bored and rude. He got a drink order wrong and disappeared for a length of time. We have always enjoyed dining at Ravenous Pig, but he made us think twice. It is difficult to get a reservation, so I think the service should always be great. Our food was tasty, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lousy service, mediocre experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/20/2014the restaurant is resting on its laurels. The service was terrible, the meal lost its momentum because of a huge delay between courses, the waiter offered rolls one of which was frozen in the middle. It was a birthday celebration that will not soon be forgotten. Never again.
- Best Every Birthday Dinner Yet !!GrantTDined on 11/18/2014Wait staff excellent, very curious and attentive, and know about the dishes Menu items and their ingredients. A wonder Gastronomical Experience, Thank you !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IngeeClareDined on 11/18/2014Food usually first class. Found lunch menus limited and our food for the first time was not of usual standard. average in fact!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Loved Everything About The Ravenous PigRobertDined on 11/15/2014The Ravenous Pig is our new favorite restaurant! It is warm and inviting, tastefully decorated with an intimate feel. The wait staff was very professional, knowledgeable and friendly. We asked for the srever's suggestions for our main course as well as wine choices and were very happy with what we ordered. My wife had the pork porterhouse which was served on a carving board. This substantial portion of meat was quite delicious, perfectly cooked. I had the gin rubbed venison which was also cooked perfectly and beautifully presented. Although we were pretty full by the end of the main course, we just couldn't pass up desert . I had the chocolate merange and my wife had the creme brulee. Both were quite good, but certainly not the highlight of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasionhappy2visitDined on 11/13/2014My daughter and I ended a Florida trip with dinner at the Ravenous Pig as we had a couple of years ago. Food and service were of the same high quality we'd experienced in our previous visit. Will look forward to the next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite placeJillDined on 11/13/2014We have visited this restaurant several times on special occasions. The food is excellent. Service perfect. Love that they change the menu oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday dateDatenightDined on 11/8/2014We ate at the bar. We shared 3 dishes. Everything was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Off NightFLmomVIPDined on 11/7/2014The Ravenous Pig has always been our favorite place to eat. The food and service are amazing and we really feel The Ravenous Pig set a high bar for cuisine in Central Florida. However, our last visit was a little disappointing, and as reluctant as I am to give the Pig anything but the highest praise, the food on Friday night just wasn't that great. We ordered a charcuterie board and a cheese board for starters, especially nice for our group of 5 to share over carefully prepared cocktails. We all ordered The Gatherer salad, usually a favorite, which this night had an off-taste. My husband had the grouper, which was quite good, but I had the chicken which was dry and unremarkable. Our server was wonderful, however, and we will certainly back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- " A Do Not Miss for Foodies"FrequentDinerDined on 11/7/2014A Winter Park neighborhood eateries about 45 minutes from Kissammee with free valet parking, neatly appointed and with reservations we were seated immediately. Our waiter was exceptional in his knowledge of the menu and how everything was prepared & very good with describing what we might like. To start, Seafood Conserva, Shrimp, Mussels, Boquerones, all excellent and prepared perfectly. Next, Cocoa braised Wild Boar pappardelle, and Pork Porterhouse. Outstanding flavor profiles, seasoned and cooked perfectly. For dessert, praline custard tart with bananas and buttermilk sorbet, chocolate meringue with lemon curd, coffee ganache, & vanilla nib ice cream. Both exceptional except the sorbet (a little flat) but the meringue-EXCELLENT!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite local restaurantKHammWineDineDined on 11/5/2014We have been dining at The Ravenous Pig for several years and it never disappoints us. The food and cocktail choices are all inventive and delicious, the wine and beer options are stellar and each staff member is completely passionate about what they do. Definitely an experience not to be missed. Cheers!Special Features:
- My Favorite!FavziesDined on 11/5/2014This is my favorite restaurant...Always great food paired with great sauces, spices, and seasonings that are sometimes unconventional. I love it. Great for foodies, special occasions, groups, or anyone looking for something unique. Menu changes a lot so there is always something different. Prices aren't too bad; my Boyfriend and I spend around $100 for the two of us each time we go. That includes bread, appetizer, 2 entrees, alcoholic beverages, and dessert! Everyone needs to check this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Birthdayshelby317Dined on 11/4/2014Relaxed atmosphere with fantastic and fresh choices. The biscuits are a must! Serves are beyond attentive and knowledgeable. High quality food that will make you're taste buds smile. All of your favorite foods but amplified to their full potential. A great place to celebrate any day of the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AllthefoodAllthefoodDined on 11/1/2014Food experience was incredible. Wish more restaurants were as inspired. Would be a reason I would live in Orlando if I could. As a consideration, we live in New Orleans and always look forward to the food by these talented chefs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excelled its descriptionsTheBucksDined on 11/1/2014Every course new combinations were a delight, terrific find away from tourist crowd. High recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Came here previously for our wedding anniversary, wife loved it so much wanted to come again for our 5 year. Did not disappoint food and drinks were amazing. The buttered biscuits were great if they are still on the menu highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Everything was excellent! A little noisy so if you're looking for a quiet, romantic spot, this may not be the place. Great for double dates or out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1-HAPPY-PIGSammyRI8Dined on 11/1/2014OUTSTANDING!! WHAT A GREAT NIGHT. AN ABSOLUTE MUST GO. FROM STAR TO FINISH, EXCELLENT. SERVICE, FOOD, BEVERAGE PROGRAM ARE RIGHT ON THE MARK. TOO OFTEN YOU GO TO A RESTAURANT AND YOU HAVE A SERVER WHO TAKES YOUR ORDER, CLEARS YOUR TABLE, AND BRINGS THE CHECK. NOT HERE, THEY EDUCATE YOU ON THE EXPERIENCE OF WHAT IS ABOUT TO COME. WITHOUT BEING PUSHY. A TREMENDOUS SPOT WITH THE TOTAL PACKAGE. GREAT.....Special Features:
- Thanksgiving RoastFoodFiendDined on 11/1/2014This was the first time I had been to the Thanksgiving Roast and I thought it was absolutely delicious. The server was very friendly. As always, the Ravenous Pig delivered a fantastic do my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously Wonderful Time!!GK2011Dined on 10/31/2014My wife and I have been to Cask & Larder a couple times, and have loved it, but had never previously made it to Ravenous Pig. The server we had was incredibly knowledgeable about the menu items, and was pleasantly involved without being present too much. The charcuterie board was delicious, especially the sweetbread sausage and the lomo, the taleggio-porter fondue accompanying the soft pretzels divine, and the chocolate espresso dipping sauce for the "pig tails" dessert was out of this world phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Orlando RestaurantLoveRavPigDined on 10/31/2014I lived in Orlando for 4 years and the Ravenous Pig quickly became my favorite. Any time I return to the city I make sure to eat a great meal there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visitHowardDined on 10/30/2014Service excellent , food mostly good , a few recipes over the top , very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so hot spotQueenDined on 10/28/2014I thought the food was lazy which is unacceptable at all times but especially at 35 dollars a plate. A few slips can be forgiven however across the board over done here undercooked there. No thanks.
- You had me at pigOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014Great food, great service, supporting local business, doesn't get much better. Keep it classy pig!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't go wrong with this place.RichardDined on 10/28/2014We have been here for dinner a few times and it is excellent choice. You really cannot go wrong when you choose to eat here. Thought we would try it for a special lunch. It was. Service is always good and the food is excellent. If you haven't eaten here yet you are really missing out on something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Pig Still DominatesFoodFanaticVIPDined on 10/25/2014Overall, it is hard to beat the Ravenous Pig for the overall casual high end dining experience. The food, wine, service and ambiance are all exceptional. Treat yourself to a meal here; you will not regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oftenout2dineDined on 10/24/2014Waiter forgot many items ordered. Charcuterie was poor at best. What has happened? This used to be the best restaurant in Winter Park.
- Great spot in Winter Park!RRRRDined on 10/23/2014We came here for our anniversary, we were not exactly sure of the dress code, and were slightly overdressed for the ambiance of the restaurant (dress shirt and nice jeans work well). The food was very good, our server was excellent (thanks Jason!). We went on a weeknight and it seemed a bit loud and perhaps more rowdy than we were expecting since we were on our anniversary date. I will definitely be going back, just not necessarily for a special occasion when I want something a bit more low key.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Servicecas02sieDined on 10/23/2014Mason gave great service and was very personable and attentive. It was my boyfriends birthday and he felt very special. Mason was very knowledgable of the menu and offered great suggestions. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GAILGailDined on 10/23/2014Outstanding dinner. Noisy, but well worth it!! Service was top notch. Even though every table occupied it didn't take away the quality of service. Food presented and prepared great!!!!!! Would highly recommend...but a reservation is a must!!Special Features:
- Loud and distractingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014I was disappointed that, having made a reservation, we were seated at a table along a banquet wall of other diners when there were free standing tables available. Not conducive to business conversations. My suggestion is that, when having a reservation, the guest be asked for a preference of table before being seated.Special Features:
- Excellent mealsWorldtraveler2VIPDined on 10/22/2014Fantastic menu, especially the appetizer boards. Our table had the Cobia and Pork Chop, and both were cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/21/2014The only negative thing there is to say is about the knives. They are impossible to hold. Is tht because I am left handed or do others feel the same way? I'm going to start bringing my own knife!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic for foodies & meat loverseyeslikethesummerDined on 10/18/2014Saw The Ravenous Pig listed on all the "must-eat" lists while visiting Orlando, sounded like the perfect place to spend the last night of our vacation and celebrate my birthday - they did not disappoint. Drinks were strong and delicious, portions were large for food of this quality. Beef tartare was mouth watering, I never wanted it to end. The NY strip is easily in the top 3 steaks I've ever had. Service was friendly, responsive and knowledgeable about all the dishes - make sure to ask what your server recommends based on your taste. An absolutely fabulous meal and experience, would love to return one day.Special Features:
- Just OKLeahDined on 10/17/2014While on vacation, we ate at Ravenous Pig for lunch due to the high recommendations we found online. I found the food only to be average. The chicken and waffle dish had great flavor but to me, it was a lot of fluff - chicken and waffles should be straight to the point. My boyfriend had the tempura shrimp tacos and rated them to be average as well. However, great service and drink menu.Special Features:
- Great food in the Orlando areaDhotchkiVIPDined on 10/16/2014My friend suggested we go here. 30 minute taxi ride from the Convention Center but worth the trip. Started with bacon infused Old Fashioned. The highlight of the night though was the 20 oz pork porterhouse (which we split). Succulent, moist, nice char and superbly seasoned. The pasta dish was also well cooked. Cheese plate was great compared to most restaurants (but not after a recent trip to Madison, WI). Overall, highly recommended. This kind of restaurant could flourish in a serious food city like Portland, OR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usualKatieMarqVIPDined on 10/15/2014Love this place! It's always our pick when a special occasion rolls around, or a Wednesday :)Special Features:
- Singing the Bleu'sHamburgerlovers2Dined on 10/14/2014The menu clearly says "no substitutions", so we had to order our burgers with bleu cheese. It dominated the flavor in the burger, and tasted terrible. When we told the waiter, he said they would've substituted another cheese. Then why put "no substitutions" on the menu! Plus, no offer to discount the meal, even though more than half of it was uneaten.
- Not as good as in the pastrhodaVIPDined on 10/11/2014This one of my favorites but this visit i was disappointed. I felt that the menu is shrinking and not much to choose from. The food was good but portion size was very small. I ordered the dessert napolitian and it was a one bite dessert. so small I did not feel guilty eating dessert. They need more choices on the menu, think I am taking a break from coming hereSpecial Features: