The Rattlesnake Club
300 River Place Drive
Detroit, MI 48207Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Rattlesnake Club
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rattlesnakedetroit.com/
- Phone: 3135674400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Franz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our offsite catering possibilities are virtually endless. Events ranging from 2-2000 guests, casual to elegant, corporate to private, we can do it all in our signature, first-class fashion. Let The Rattlesnake handle every detail of your next event!
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on our Garden Terrace during our beer, cocktail & wine tasting parties on Thursdays throughout the summer. Contact the restaurant or view our website for more information!
- Special Events: The Rattlesnake's RED HOT Happy Hour every Thursday & Friday from 4-7PM features bar specials and a fun "small bites" menu. Our Wine & Beer Dinners are held Thursday evenings in the spring and fall & feature the best in trend-setting wineries and Michigan craft breweries paired with our exiquisite cuisine. Our Summer Tasting Parties on our Garden Terrace are a summer-time must! Please call for more info!
A word from The Rattlesnake Club
Enjoy award-winning cuisine by Executive Chef Chris Franz & Chef de Cuisine Jeff Lanctot while taking in the view of the big city skyline & Canada's shore. In the warmer months, our Garden Terrace offers our complete menu & service complemented by river breezes, just steps from the Detroit RiverWalk. Entertain your guests in style in one of five private dining rooms or let our professional catering staff come to you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Rattlesnake Club - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
The Rattlesnake Club reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)great for outdoor dining (36)scenic view (36)fit for foodies (34)romantic (33)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (13)great for lunch (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- restaurant weekgoodeatsDined on 9/20/2014I had a chance to enjoy this restaurant after being on a bit of a hiatus. The food was very good and the service was great!Special Features:
- Great foodMurphDined on 9/20/2014Great food, and service; it's just a shame more patrons don't feel the need to dress appropriately. Also felt the venue could use some updating......Special Features:
- restaurant week trialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Visited Rattle Snake Club for the first time during restaurant week. It was delicious. Can't wait to visit on a nice weather day so I can dine outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hunting for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Service and facility nice and accommodating. Restaurant week $30. Lobster Bisque 7 out of 10 (flavor rich, Lobster like rubber) . Chicken Tagen - 7 out of 10 (chicken very tender and flavorful but peas like gravel and root veg. limited and nothing special at all.) Peas and veggies thrown on roasting pan 40 min at 400 little spice if any. Peach Crisp? so easy and yet so bad, really... count 4 thin peach slices w/ little flavor at the bottom of 4in dish and oatmeal crisp hard as a rock baked to dish. This dish was meted out as thin as possible and cooked sometime in the afternoon and then left there. It was cold and not because of the ice cream scoop. Service was good and polite they have been rewarded with better food to serve.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014It was alright. I was excited to eat at the historic rattlesnake club but about 45 seconds into my bisque I was served my entree. Other than that, it was a great place to eat and I would recommend irSpecial Features:
- Won't come backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014The service was terrible. The waiter hardly talked to us and didn't offer recommendations. The quality of food was okay but we were limited by the restaurant week menu which no one gave us a heads up about. Not coming back.
- Not up to Rattlesnake standardsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014Having dined at The Rattlesnake several times, I was expecting yet another great dining experience. Unfortunately, the poor service left us unsatisfied. Amanda was our server. She was snarky and short, and uninterested in providing the type of service one would expect from a top rated restaurant that has been in business for 25 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week at the RattlesnakepierreDined on 9/19/2014Food was outstanding and so was the attentive service, first nite of restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Restaurant week menu- Short ribs, pear salad, crime brûlée and peach desserts tasty with nice presentations. Fish disappointing. Each course, small portions. Bread would have been better if warm.Special Features:
- MotownbelieverDined on 9/19/2014We have been eating and drinking at The Snake for years so I don't say this lightly, they are not up on their game. I have had a problem with the somewhat slow/ inattentive service but when you're going to charge me for a premium cocktail I expect a premium product and service! Restaurant Week offerings were not up to their usual DRW standards. I would also suggest they let their staff know/ staff appropriately when an event in addition to dinner service is happening. Several times wedding guests have overwhelmed the bar staff and regular/ loyal patrons have been literally pushed aside and overlooked. I know something needs to be done differently (maybe the hostess could direct event guests to the appropriate bar/ area) why don't they?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RattlesnakeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014The food and service were amazing! We had a relaxing dinner that was delicious and felt no urgency to order or leave after we were through. All of the menu items we had were well prepared and portioned.Special Features:
- As always, great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Anniversary dinner, great service and excellent food presentation. Recommended place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014I had to cancel on 3 previous occasions, it was an exceptional dining experience. Definitely worth the wait, another gem in Detroit. Luv Detroit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem on the RiverOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014I just returned from another great evening spent at the Rattlesnake Club. As always, I found the environment fresh and appealing, but as a wise man once said, "You can't eat the decor". I agree, and was once again treated to a wonderful meal. The preparation and presentation were superb, topped off with a great bottle of wine and the evening was great.Special Features:
- PerfectionBillyzgayleDined on 8/27/2014Five of us enjoyed a delicious lunch on the patio mid-week. Service was great, food was incredible & plentiful, atmosphere was lovely, other than the bees, but they did have some hanging traps to attract them away from the dining area. You have to expect that when sitting outdoors, though. It was our first visit, and definitely not our last. First class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE PLACEMDgirlDined on 8/26/2014Really nice place to enjoy for any special occasion. Great food & serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- plt1Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent service and of course the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Fantastic placeQuickronDined on 8/8/2014The ambiance, service and food is so great. We go here often because of this special place.Special Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Nice place for a special, romantic dinner. For is well prepared and well presented.Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014We went for our anniversary - had not been in a few years - everything was just wonderful! Service was great and food was even better - we will not wait so long to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great JobOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014We had our anniversary dinner here and we loved it! The service was great and the food was awesome.Special Features:
- Great patio dinning!LisaMLSDined on 7/25/2014Love the food and patio; great for a summer evening. Also, the wine selection is amazing; great prices too!Special Features:
- DisappointedAeagleguyDined on 7/25/2014Tasty food, but had to send back over cooked filet minion. I was served dirty silverware twice. Amber was a kind server. Had a drink at the bar after and we had to listen to the bartender spend 15 minutes of bashing the owner - definitely took away from the ambiance. I left without finishing my beverage at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointedFineDinerDined on 7/17/2014This was only the second time that I have been to the Rattlesnake Club for dinner. Due to limited funds, we have to limit our visits to very special occasions, which this was. Our dinner there two years ago was absolutely amazing, and we have not stopped talking about it since. This time, we were a little bit disappointed with the service (there seemed to be a shortage of wait staff personnel), and I was very disappointed with my entree. I ordered the exact same thing that I had the last time, but this time, all of my food was terribly salty. I do not expect that at a restaurant of this caliber as I do of lesser restaurants. Despite this, we will definitely return (most likely in another couple of years!) and hope it was a fluke.Special Features:
- Fantastic Dinning, always fresh.JimVanDined on 7/16/2014Wonderful seasonal menu that will please anyone's taste. The food, the wine, the service......an excellent dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the expected experienceAoifeDined on 6/28/2014We booked a party of 6 for a special occasion and consumed 4 bottles of wine. All the appetizers tasted only of salt. The wine glasses were dirty and we had top ask to have them changed as we ordered different wines. The waiters were badly trained and not attentive. No offer to suggest wine or food suggestions. Comment made by us about the food/wine were just ignored. I spoke with the manager who blamed the staff and took no responsibility for our bad experience. I would not return.Special Features:
- Special NightsilverdollarDined on 6/27/2014This was a special night and it was perfect. We even were front seat to a beautiful wedding. The service was great and the host was very professional. It made for a great evening after a long week at work.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014The food was amazing, the service and the atmosphere were the best in town. I will definitely make this my first choice when I'm dining out, it was very romantic as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodHappydinerVIPDined on 6/21/2014All four of us enjoyed a great dinner. Service however, was lacking to say the least. The manager informed us that our waiter had just brocken up with his girlfriend and he tried to add on about a hundred dollars to our bill. No excuse for a five star restaurantSpecial Features:
- exceptional DetroitGreenFoodieDined on 6/21/2014The Rattlesnake Club is celebrating its 25th anniversary and it is clearly a place that knows its community, but it remains fresh, innovative, and exceptional. Elegant without being snobby, they focus on steaks and seafood but don't mind serving vegetarians. Our salads were amazing and memorable: jewel beets with a horseradish dressing and roasted carrots, avocado and orange with a cumin dressing. The artichoke, almond, and olive appetizer was also incredible. Pair all of that with a stroll along the newly opened section of the riverwalk afterwards, and you have a perfect evening out in Detroit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AAMiDined on 6/18/2014Great experience with friendly timely service. The halibut was perfection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We3lovethisplaceDined on 6/6/2014Outstanding Experience - We were greeted and seated immediately. Our hostess was most gracious, informative, attentive and friendly. The food was excellent and the outdoor dining experience was simply amazing. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic getawayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2014This is the best place to have your romantic getaway. Food is great they go above and beyond for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DatedOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/31/2014Rattlesnake Club is in desperate need of modernization. The decor is early 1990s and the menu matches. Everything we ordered was bland and tasteless. The cheese plate was Brie, blue and cheddar which is laughable in this day and age. My sad attempt at vegan was a quinoa w sun dried tomatoes and green olives, an odd combination, and these weird fried haystack veggies that were more annoying than anything else, I think they were there to add texture. My salad wasn't seasoned it was drowned in dressing, my dates fish was under cooked and bland. We skipped on dessert because we were frightened to think about how that would turn out. Rattlesnake Club really need an update, we were there on a beautiful Saturday evening and the place was empty.
- DineinDDined on 5/30/2014We had a tight schedule. Let them know and they did a great job serving appetizer and fantastic Halibut meal in that time! Arranged a cab right on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 665 reviews are from the The Rattlesnake Club reviews archive.
- Diners are made to feel specialsfrefVIPDined on 5/24/2014We were two couples, from San Francisco and NYC, in Detroit visiting the DIA. Our dinner at the Rattlesnake Club was a thoroughly enjoyable experience, especially due to the marvelous service at the restaurant. The hostess was very cordial and, throughout the evening, checked in on us to inquire as to our needs. Our server, also very cordial, was quite attentive but in a way that was not obtrusive - great balance there. The food was solidly good. Notable were the Poached Organic Egg appetizer and the Cumin & Coriander-scented Roast Carrot salad. The White Chocolate Ravioli dessert is definitely special. We thought that the perch filets were a bit bland, the grilled salmon lacked flavor and that the spring peas, while good, were overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningslukeDined on 5/24/2014it was a very enjoyable evening. They made my husbands' 60th Birthday memorable. Our waiter's suggestions were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rattlesnake ClubAnnieDined on 5/24/2014We were an early reservation and they seemed a little confuse as to who was going to serve us at first. Once settled our waitperson was very good and attentive. We were both happy with our meals and we would recommend this restaurant for a nice evening out with a view of the water.Special Features:
- Good flavors but lacking atmosphereVirtuousElectricDined on 5/22/2014Our first trip to this restaurant was a mixed bag. The restaurant was not busy, so we were expecting an intimate, romantic evening. We were sat at a window with a good view but right next to the only other guests in the dining room. Strangely, there was no music playing, just the chatter of other guests. Our hostess turned the music on once I brought it to her attention. Our server was accommodating, but not warm. I was pleased that I was allowed to order a buger fom the lunch menu at dinner time. I had seen tremendous reviews for their gourmet burgers and it didn't disappoint. Yes, I had truffle fries with my burger, but they weren't well done like ordered. They ended up redropping the fries in the fryer...disappointing.Special Features:
- Been a while but still wonderfulSheritaDined on 5/11/2014It has been while since I have been to Rattlesnake Club, but I when I took my mother there for brunch on Mother's Day I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious everything was. The selection of the buffet was outstanding and the service was impeccable. Overall great experience.Special Features: