The Rattlesnake Club
300 River Place Drive
Detroit, MI 48207Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Rattlesnake Club
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rattlesnakedetroit.com/
- Phone: (313) 567-4400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Franz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our offsite catering possibilities are virtually endless. Events ranging from 2-2000 guests, casual to elegant, corporate to private, we can do it all in our signature, first-class fashion. Let The Rattlesnake handle every detail of your next event!
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on our Garden Terrace during our beer, cocktail & wine tasting parties on Thursdays throughout the summer. Contact the restaurant or view our website for more information!
- Special Events: The Rattlesnake's RED HOT Happy Hour every Thursday & Friday from 4-7PM features bar specials and a fun "small bites" menu. Our Wine & Beer Dinners are held Thursday evenings in the spring and fall & feature the best in trend-setting wineries and Michigan craft breweries paired with our exiquisite cuisine. Our Summer Tasting Parties on our Garden Terrace are a summer-time must! Please call for more info!
A word from The Rattlesnake Club
Enjoy award-winning cuisine by Executive Chef Chris Franz & Chef de Cuisine Jeff Lanctot while taking in the view of the big city skyline & Canada's shore. In the warmer months, our Garden Terrace offers our complete menu & service complemented by river breezes, just steps from the Detroit RiverWalk. Entertain your guests in style in one of five private dining rooms or let our professional catering staff come to you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Rattlesnake Club - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
The Rattlesnake Club reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)fit for foodies (58)romantic (52)scenic view (40)notable wine list (36)neighborhood gem (29)great for outdoor dining (28)good for groups (23)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014It was a wonderful evening! staff was friendly food was delicious and beautifully displayed, great wine list, even the coffe was amazing and they do French press. We went with another couple and we were able to have lovely conversations and hear one another. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- MerkelOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2014I dined early on a Sat evening so the place was still fairly empty. Literally no one in the bar so cant comment on it being a hot spot. Beautiful atmosphere. The two of us had the grilled salmon served medium which was delicious! We had one cocktail each very good. Servers were courteous and prompt. I will definitely come back for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightGregDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I enjoyed a very nice dinner before attending the symphony. The steaks, wine and service were great! We always enjoy the 'Snake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dandieDined on 10/29/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at The Rattlesnake. It has always been one of our favorites and never disappoints.Special Features:
- Lovely evening outFinediningseekerDined on 10/25/2014The overall experience was great. The food was delicious, without being over pretentious. Very flavorful without being overly salted. Entrees came out very quickly, although we were a little early for peak dining time. It was noted that service slowed way down once the dining room started to fill up. We were there to have a romantic dinner and celebrate a birthday, only to be annoyed by the table behind us that had a woman who was loudly talking from the time we were seated to the time that we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the old time hospitalityNikki10271Dined on 10/25/2014The people who work at the Rattlesnake Club love their job and interacting with patrons. Our waiter has been there for 22 years. It is old school hospitality where they check on you frequently, replace your napkin on your lap, etc. They do a nice job with staples like chargrilled steak and salmon, but are also creative with foodie dishes and gluten and allergen free offerings. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Needs a lot of worksanduDined on 10/24/2014The restaurant needs to be updated and the wait staff needs improvement. Our waiter was rude overall and was somewhat argumentative when my steak was overcooked. The food is pretty average. The "prime" steaks were well below steakhouse level. Rock shrimp was also totally average. I didn't think it was even possible to mess up rock shrimp. The scallops and the oysters were great though!Special Features:
- Wonderful Dinnerdine4wineDined on 10/18/2014We absolutely enjoyed our experience at the Rattlesnake Club. The staff were all very pleasant, welcoming and professional. Service was excellent and we loved the food! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's old is new again!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Sometimes when you frequent a restaurant you become complacent. This was the case for the Rattlesnake Club for me. On a Saturday night I decided to make reservations for two and was not disappointed. I have the Porterhouse with Bleu Cheese and it was cooked perfectly medium well. The fillet I could cut with just the fork. My date had the scallops and they were the best she had ever tasted. We shared the WAM! for dessert and it was stupendous. Our server, Brian, and his serving team was second to none. I highly recommend re-finding this great gem down on the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food/Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014The food was well prepared displayed. Everything that we had was excellent. The service on the other hand was horrible. It was by far the worst service I have ever had at a top end restaurant.Special Features:
- Restaurant Weekpms94Dined on 9/26/2014Our choice of The Rattlesnake Club was a pleasurable one. Our server was great, she was very attentive and funny! Our dinner was fantastic! The short ribs were my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Intro for out-of-town visitorsArtscoolDined on 9/26/2014I brought guests from CT, MD and TX for dinner, while touring Detroit. It was a very nice way to introduce them to one of the very nice restaurants this city has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncrediblekmcliffDined on 9/26/2014We had the best meal ever. The start and main course were divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bobby01Dined on 9/26/2014there for birthday dinner with my family, was great for our group of four.food and service met all of my expections. will be going back often.hope to make it back during warm weather to dine out side.great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant Week MenuDebiDined on 9/25/2014Every year we choose The Rattlesnake for Detroit Restaurant Week. For the cost, the value is exceptional. We also enjoy the wine tastings on the porch, the lovely design and consistently great service.Special Features:
- Service lack substancegr8diningDined on 9/25/2014What I assumed for an upscale restaurant, it did not meet my expectations. Food presentation was fine but lacked taste, petite portions where I still left the restaurant still hungry after a three course meal. Extreme conservative on the breads where I generally thought the bread basket would be left on the table, but the waiter sought fit to ration out breads. I felt rushed to eat and leave, the food temperature was borderline cold, I wouldn't recommend this restaurant maybe the Whitney would have been more suitable. Thumbs down for this place.Special Features:
- Foodie40sDined on 9/25/2014I have been here several times and I always enjoy myself. Thank you for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Time..Be Back Again!!JKW1Dined on 9/25/2014This was out 1st time dining at this establishment. I had been to the bar area before for drinks. Dined during restaurant week; Excellent Food, Excellent Service, Excellent Drinks. This would be good place to dine for a special ocassion, business/client dinner, or on a date to impress. My wife and I will return.Special Features:
- Food was delicious, service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014The eating portion of my dinner at Cuisine went without a hitch. First course was some sort of bitter greens salad with candied nuts, radishes, and pears. The salad was very tasty. Next was the beef ribs with faygo sauce. Yes, they used a soda based sauce to give it flavor. The ribs were some of the most tender ribs I have ever eaten. After that the dessert was the least favorite meal in an overall really good meal. The desert was pumpkin spice creme brulee. I was going to give it a bad rating since it was cold, but apparently that is how you are supposed to eat it. So meh. But for the service. The guy seemed to disappear for long periods of time. Although he only had 5 tables, he could have provided better service...Special Features:
- Ok, but not great: restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014Started off great with welcoming hosts & nice decor. One of the wines we chose ended up not being at all what we thought, almost seemed like the server brought the wrong bottle to the table! Unfortunately once he served the wine and took our order, he only came back once throughout the whole dinner service. :( So we stuck with the wine, and didn't get to order another side for the entree. By the time he came back it was pointless. Food was good overall, but somewhat underwhelming. First courses were good, but very small portions. Entrees were all tasty. Side of asparagus was fine, but $6 for one piece of shrimp was ridiculous! Dessert was ok. Ice cream was good but crisp wasn't up to par. $30 was high for the amount of food we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014The service was great from everyone. The food was good but not spectacular. For whatever reason, the butter had no flavor whatsoeverSpecial Features:
- Very Disappointing DRW ChoiceAngels321Dined on 9/24/2014Despite the elegant setting and decor, the food totally missed the mark. My three dining companions and I all ordered the lobster "bisque" and were shocked to be served a thin broth with no resemblance to, nor flavor of, lobster bisque. When this was brought to our server's attention he said "that's the way it was supposed to be" ! Our server also aggressively pushed the side dishes (at extra cost) to supplement our meals. Two in our party ordered what he described as "jumbo" shrimp which turned out to be less than average size at a ridiculous price of $6. each!! Our entrees of roasted walleye were so-so, the root beer braised short ribs were good but not outstanding. Needless to say, we are not encouraged to go back.
- Very disappointedLyric711Dined on 9/23/2014I was excited to get a chance to try this restaurant during restaurant week. Unfortunately the food was not up to par. I chose the braised short ribs and the meat was so tough and without flavor. The dessert was nothing to write home about either.Special Features:
- Resturant WeeknIK5589Dined on 9/23/2014Overall a great experience. The food was excellent. The service was a little lacking, for a non peak time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RushpattomDined on 9/23/2014The food was very good and the service crisp and efficient. However, the food service was rushed even though the room wasn't busy. When we asked for some time between coffee and dessert we still only got five minutes. A more leisurely paced would be appreciated.Special Features:
- restaurant weekgoodeatsDined on 9/20/2014I had a chance to enjoy this restaurant after being on a bit of a hiatus. The food was very good and the service was great!Special Features:
- Great foodMurphDined on 9/20/2014Great food, and service; it's just a shame more patrons don't feel the need to dress appropriately. Also felt the venue could use some updating......Special Features:
- restaurant week trialfoodiewannabeDined on 9/20/2014Visited Rattle Snake Club for the first time during restaurant week. It was delicious. Can't wait to visit on a nice weather day so I can dine outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hunting for foodHunt4foodDined on 9/19/2014Service and facility nice and accommodating. Restaurant week $30. Lobster Bisque 7 out of 10 (flavor rich, Lobster like rubber) . Chicken Tagen - 7 out of 10 (chicken very tender and flavorful but peas like gravel and root veg. limited and nothing special at all.) Peas and veggies thrown on roasting pan 40 min at 400 little spice if any. Peach Crisp? so easy and yet so bad, really... count 4 thin peach slices w/ little flavor at the bottom of 4in dish and oatmeal crisp hard as a rock baked to dish. This dish was meted out as thin as possible and cooked sometime in the afternoon and then left there. It was cold and not because of the ice cream scoop. Service was good and polite they have been rewarded with better food to serve.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014It was alright. I was excited to eat at the historic rattlesnake club but about 45 seconds into my bisque I was served my entree. Other than that, it was a great place to eat and I would recommend irSpecial Features:
- Won't come backHokies4lifeDined on 9/19/2014The service was terrible. The waiter hardly talked to us and didn't offer recommendations. The quality of food was okay but we were limited by the restaurant week menu which no one gave us a heads up about. Not coming back.
- Not up to Rattlesnake standardsbmcdineDined on 9/19/2014Having dined at The Rattlesnake several times, I was expecting yet another great dining experience. Unfortunately, the poor service left us unsatisfied. Amanda was our server. She was snarky and short, and uninterested in providing the type of service one would expect from a top rated restaurant that has been in business for 25 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week at the RattlesnakepierreDined on 9/19/2014Food was outstanding and so was the attentive service, first nite of restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 9/19/2014Restaurant week menu- Short ribs, pear salad, crime brûlée and peach desserts tasty with nice presentations. Fish disappointing. Each course, small portions. Bread would have been better if warm.Special Features:
- MotownbelieverDined on 9/19/2014We have been eating and drinking at The Snake for years so I don't say this lightly, they are not up on their game. I have had a problem with the somewhat slow/ inattentive service but when you're going to charge me for a premium cocktail I expect a premium product and service! Restaurant Week offerings were not up to their usual DRW standards. I would also suggest they let their staff know/ staff appropriately when an event in addition to dinner service is happening. Several times wedding guests have overwhelmed the bar staff and regular/ loyal patrons have been literally pushed aside and overlooked. I know something needs to be done differently (maybe the hostess could direct event guests to the appropriate bar/ area) why don't they?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RattlesnakefoodfanDined on 9/19/2014The food and service were amazing! We had a relaxing dinner that was delicious and felt no urgency to order or leave after we were through. All of the menu items we had were well prepared and portioned.Special Features:
- As always, great experienceWysiwygDined on 9/18/2014Anniversary dinner, great service and excellent food presentation. Recommended place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsDetroitloveaffairDined on 9/18/2014I had to cancel on 3 previous occasions, it was an exceptional dining experience. Definitely worth the wait, another gem in Detroit. Luv Detroit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem on the RiverwschartwellDined on 9/16/2014I just returned from another great evening spent at the Rattlesnake Club. As always, I found the environment fresh and appealing, but as a wise man once said, "You can't eat the decor". I agree, and was once again treated to a wonderful meal. The preparation and presentation were superb, topped off with a great bottle of wine and the evening was great.Special Features:
- PerfectionBillyzgayleDined on 8/27/2014Five of us enjoyed a delicious lunch on the patio mid-week. Service was great, food was incredible & plentiful, atmosphere was lovely, other than the bees, but they did have some hanging traps to attract them away from the dining area. You have to expect that when sitting outdoors, though. It was our first visit, and definitely not our last. First class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.