The Ranchers Club
H103 Student Union
Stillwater, OK 74078Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Ranchers Club
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theranchersclub.com/
- Phone: 4057442333x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm -9:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kyle Hennessy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Glo Lorenzi 4057445220x
- Cross Street: University Ave and Hester Street
- Public Transit: University transit available. For detailed information contact Parking and Transit Services at (405) 744-2832
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Student Union parking garage located adjacent to the Atherton Hotel. Entrances located on Hester Street and University Avenue. Hourly rates may apply.
A word from The Ranchers Club
Celebrate the grandeur of today's western and cowboy culture by uniting it with a memorable fine dining experience. Whether a special occasion or a spontaneous outing, treat yourself today to quality, freshness and tradition centrally located in the heart of the Oklahoma State University campus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Ranchers Club - Best Restaurants in Stillwater ›
The Ranchers Club reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (42)romantic (31)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (17)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (10)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- October2014 Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014It was homecoming weekend and Stillwater was packed. The Rancher's Club (RC) was very busy but I had made reservations a few days ahead. Everything was wonderful - our welcome - remembered names; the table; the service; the wine (a recommended special that was spectacular); and the food - smoked duck appetizer is wow; the tomato basil soup very good; the steaks just melted and the creamed chard while new to me was amazing. Resisted dessert but they all sounded wonderful. The RC is a place to enjoy a meal: unhurried, calm and quiet so people can converse and enjoy the company in a relaxed convivial atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!Foodie77Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent service, great steak, and quiet atmosphere! Would definitely come again! Highly recommended! Thank you, Ranchers Club staff!Special Features:
- Spectacular and Affordable!!!Love2EatDined on 10/15/2014This restaurant located on-campus met & exceeded our dining needs. Best in the show, hands down. Great quality of food and service. They pay attention to all details and take care of you so well, right from the get go. The service staff is mainly all students (our server was a sophomore) and yet she was such a professional. The others were also just as friendly, knowledgeable of menu items and the history. Requested a wine steward to assist with wine pairings - chose the wine flight - different theme each week. Exceptional calamari and perfectly cooked entrees. We requested a sample of desserts and we got it. You should expect to spend around $40 for a top quality meal. That's nothing compared to the ones in OKC or Tulsa. You have to try.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOSuStudent03Dined on 10/7/2014The ranchers club's menu may not be long but everything on the menu is really great! We were able to grab all 3 appetizers, the crab and spinach dip was my favorite. I decided on the burger and man was it great!!! Perfectly cooked and the cheese was delicious. The fries had a pleasant seasoning and were just crunchy enough. For desert, once again, we had the opportunity to purchase all three. Our waitress advised us on the size of the pecan ice cream ball but it was larger than we expected. You really do get what you paid for and cannot wait to come back soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Enjoyed our 1st dinner at The Ranchers Club. It was outstanding. Glad we were able to get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- retirement partyjedelsonDined on 9/10/2014Service not up to expectations. Food was good NOT great as would be expected for a class spot.Special Features:
- Rancher's Club Review4PokesECDined on 9/5/2014My family of four has eaten here numerous times over the last five years for breakfast and for supper, and we have yet to have a bad experience. The food is always perfect, and the wait staff is very attentive and helpful. This is the best place in Stillwater to get a steak, but the chicken fried steak is deliciously different than the normal greasy spoon's counterpart. Also, the apple wood smoked duck appetizer is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Service was rather slow. The aged ribeye steak was on special, they failed to mention they drown it the butter garlic sauce, apparently there was another sauce option but I wasn't asked because I wouldn't have ordered either. It was alright, but for the money, it's not worth it.Special Features:
- Professionals in TrainingAaronDined on 8/29/2014The staff are primarily students and you must know that going into the experience. Our waiter was good but will be truly excellent with some time. His improvements will include time management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR SERVICEofficedinnerDined on 8/27/2014We asked for several things and never got them, the food was nothing to be impressed about, the lemongrass soup was good though. We just weren't impressed at all.
- An enjoyable evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The steak was great cooked to perfection. Service was great until desert time and then a bit slow. Deserts were huge and fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in StillwaterGriffin1978Dined on 8/23/2014If you come here be prepared to wait a little longer than usual- the food is all prepared fresh (we're talking herbs and fruit from their garden on site) and takes a little longer than heating up frozen portions. I had the soup of the day which was a Basil and Roasted Red Pepper soup- just enough fire to give it a nice kick but a little much for my wife. For entrees we had the Duck Carbonara w/ a side of scallops (3 of them) and my wife had the filet cooked MW. My duck was awesome, no fat and cooked perfectly. Scallops were only seared on one side but still cooked through. The filet came out a little over done but was still flavorful and juicy. Our Italian waiter was perfect. We spent $115 including tax and a $20 tip- well worth it.Special Features:
- Must Try!AdventurousDinerDined on 8/12/2014Outstanding, fresh food prepared with vegetables and herbs grown in restaurant's garden just outside! The service is impeccable. The seating is extremely comfortable with leather booths and chairs. The walls are full of wonderful oil paintings depicting ranches. This is a must try if you have a student at OSU, or just visiting.Special Features:
- Best Calamari Ever!BearkatCowgirlDined on 7/25/2014The Rancher's Club always delights, but on this visit we tried the Calamari (something we get as often as we can when dining out). Hands down, the absolute best calamari we've ever eaten! Such a unique combo of flavors.Special Features:
- Great Birthday dinnerDentonDinerDined on 7/18/2014We visited to celebrate our sons 21st birthday. They treated us very well. The staff was attentive. The food was very good and the steaks themselves were great. A very nice place for special ocations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodDaveGVIPDined on 7/16/2014Been there 3 times and never disappointed! Food is always great and servers are friendlySpecial Features:
- The following 112 reviews are from the The Ranchers Club reviews archive.
- Great lunch experienceBOCguestDined on 6/26/2014Food, service, atmosphere were excellent. Had a guest with us who had not dined here before....we are all ready for our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW In The Student Union TooSTudentUnionFOODNOTDined on 6/24/2014Lookking for a GOOD staeakhouse in Stillwater and I goolged Good Steak and Rachers Club came up - I didn't realize it was right here on OSU campus at teh South End of teh Student Union. What a surprise! place is very nicely decorated, ambience is COWBOY great! BUt a very UPSCALE resteraunt. Food was Awsome! Not expected of a University run Resteraunt. Our waitress (Sam) was great as was her sidekick (Rebecah I think) - they were friendly and sweet - easy to chat with gave great information about the resteraunt - made it a pleasant evening all around. Recommend to anyone in Stillwater or on the OSU campus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Lunch SelectionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014The lunch menu selections and specials sounded wonderful. Everything we ate was very good, decently priced, and the service was great.Special Features:
- RAN3Dined on 6/21/2014Quality food and professional service.....what one would expect from the school of hotel and restaurant that runs a lot of this. Difficult to find another restaurant in any city to top this.
- BallPeenDined on 6/18/2014The Ranchers Club is one of the best if not the best place to eat in StillwaterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Wonderful dry aged steak. Our party had a relaxing and great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you've never been...TamTamDined on 6/14/2014If you haven't eaten here yet, it is a must. Outstanding all around!Special Features:
- DawnIHeartFoodDined on 6/13/2014I had heard that this was one of the nicest places in Stillwater, and brought in a interview candidate for a nice meal. I was a bit let down. The ice tea tasted stale or old, and my broccolini was over cooked. The steak was amazing. The young wait staff was very kind, but also young and not slightly awkward.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningjlrismanVIPDined on 6/11/2014The food was really good and service was even better. Samantha was our waitress and she was friendly and helpful. It was a very enjoyable evening. We will defiantly be back! The Bread Pudding was AMAZING!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy For the Experience!SarahPDined on 5/24/2014We had a very enjoyable evening, the facility is very attractive, the artwork was wonderful, the grounds outside are beautiful, and the menu has a wonderful selection! \ || ] \ \\\\\\- '''' }] '\ "he Rancher's Club is a very enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food for Special OccasionCassieDined on 5/17/2014The Rancher's Club is one of my favorite restaurants to visit for a special occasion. It is more pricey than the regular Oklahoma Steak house, but it is well worth it. The quiet atmosphere and knowledgeable, friendly wait staff is great. We thoroughly enjoy indulging every once in a while, and this is the best place to do it! Great food from steaks, to pasta, to duck. Would reccommend to anyone.Special Features:
- A MistakeEaglemanDined on 5/11/2014Booked for Mother's Day brunch, with our grandchildren. Our food came out 5 minutes ahead of the kids, so you know what disappointment that creates. Our food was cold, and very low quality. I would not recommend this place.
- mother's day brunchBrunchFreeMommyDined on 5/11/2014STAFF UNPREPARED. (No introduction of self, restaurant function, history and or dinning plan. I.e. your waitress is ext.) DRINKS (orange juice and champagne) PRESENTED POORLY" TASTED POORLY' (juice had soured) MENU WELL THOUGHT OUT. FOOD PREPARATION POOR. (Not fresh) HAD TO ASK FOR ITEMS LIKE BUTTER" (at breakfast!) Ambiance was lovely,historic, nostalgic, Was looking forward to future dinning experiences. Will not be returning. Im a Stillwater girl so its very unfortunate, to be so dissatisfied in my hometown.Special Features:
- A night to remember!Gas2014Dined on 5/10/2014The RC is located on the OSU campus in a comfortable, cozy upscale western setting With antler chandeliers & white linen tablecloths. We went as a group to celebrate Graduation. We ordered crab dip as an appetizer & smoked prime rib, prime rib, & filet mignon accompanied by Ceaser salad, broccollini, & a loaded baked potato. Everything was excellent! Possibly the best steaks We have ever had. Smoked prime rib was amazing! Dessert was bread pudding, salted caramel Cheesecake, & an ice-cream ball rolled in chocolate with nuts in a chocolate sauce for the graduate. All desserts were excellent but bread pudding was favorite. Overall a memorable & excellent evening. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- osuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014It's a great place to relax during the hustle and bustle of the campus. The food is always excellent.Special Features:
- Great Graduation PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014Food and service were top notch, good wine list food came out perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialLilJSteakDined on 5/7/2014When I came into the restaurant I was expecting to have a juicy tender cut of meat. What I got was about average, definitely not worth 40 dollars. I think the restaurant is more hype than anything else, just because something is expensive doesn't mean it will taste good.Special Features:
- Amazing!ChewyDined on 5/6/2014I'm saving meal plan every semester so I can come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMPam1VIPDined on 5/3/2014Great Food and Good service. Everyone loved all their selections! I would go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ranchers Club SuccessCowboyDinerDined on 5/2/2014Always enjoy dining at this historic location. Did experience a mix up with the staff...got our menus but no one came to take our order. Delayed dinner but was no significant problemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverchargedNothappy2Dined on 5/2/2014I was expecting to pay a large amount for my and two other girl's dinners, however, we were charged for two entrees and two salads that we did not eat. I did not noticed the charge until the day after, which was my fault, however, I did NOT expect to pay $70 worth of food that I or my guests did not consume.Special Features:
- BlandOverStatementDined on 4/26/2014The ambiance wasn't terrible, but the booth was dusty. Also, my Prime Rib steak I had cooked Medium Rare was bland everywhere they didn't over season. The whipped potatoes were better than the entree.
- DisappointedBusterDined on 4/26/2014I heard good thinks about the Ranchers Club. For the money, we were very disappointed with the food. Fillet and rib eye were both tough and over cooked. The herb butter on top if the steak was overpowering and salty and the mac & cheese was dry and tasteless. Boulevard, Mahogany, Red Prime and Cattlemans in Okc have much better steak for the same money or less, hands down. I will never return.
- Nice decor, awful food and serviceFacultyDined on 4/24/2014Although the decor was great as ever, and the campus convenience unbeatable, the lunch-time service was horrendous (wine orders arrived after food, e.g.) perhaps due to a largely inexperienced staff. The food was "Panera Plus". Blah.Special Features: