The Rainbow Room by Massimo Capra
5685 Falls Ave.
Niagara Falls, ON L2G 3K7Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Rainbow Room by Massimo Capra
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://fallsviewrainbowroom.com/
- Phone: 9053744447x4134
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00 am - 11:00 am;
Lunch: Daily: closed until May 24th-2014
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Friday-Saturday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: John Casciato
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Falls Avenue
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: The Rainbow Room by Massimo Capra is located on Falls Avenue Resort, which provides guests with onsite parking in the directly connected Casino Niagara parking garage. This is a 24 hour secure parking garage with 7 floors of parking available provided to you free of charge when dinner with us. Just validate with our host upon arrival.
A word from The Rainbow Room by Massimo Capra
Situated directly across from Niagara Falls is the most spectacular Falls view restaurant Niagara Falls has to offer. The Rainbow Room by Massimo Capra is located within the Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls-Falls view, and features the passion of renowned Chef Massimo Capra. The inspired menu showcases fresh local ingredients, paired with riches from Niagara's award winning wineries. Exceptional fine dining service and breathtaking views result in making The Rainbow Room by Massimo Capra the complete Niagara Falls dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Rainbow Room by Massimo Capra - Best Restaurants in Niagara Falls ›
The Rainbow Room by Massimo Capra reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (68)romantic (56)special occasion (47)fit for foodies (31)notable wine list (19)good for groups (8)great for brunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014From the time we walked until the time we left our whole experience was amazing. Christopher was such a professional server and the food was amazing. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightBrianDined on 8/22/2014Ingrediants are very fresh, however prices are very high. Beer only comes in bottles as well. If not for the $40 promotional voucher with a hotel package, it would not have been worth it. Service is excellent though.Special Features:
- It great viewRichDined on 8/22/2014The view is excellent, food is good but not great. The taste was too greacy. It's good for couple!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingAnitaJDined on 8/18/2014I choose this restaurant for two reasons. The first is the view and the second is the chef. The view was limited unless you had a certain 5 or 6 tables in front of the falls, the other tables did not offer such a spectacular view they claimed on their website. Second the food was not good at all. Salmon was dry, calmer made from a frozen bag, kids pizza was worse than McCains. The house salad was good and as was the warm bread. However service was very slow (not blaming the server…but it was) The dessert took over 20 minutes to come out and not that I need anything free, but they could have offered.
- Highlight of the Falls!AlexODDined on 8/18/2014If you appreciate fine dining in an atmosphere that isn't loaded with pretentious servers and staff, then this is the place for you. Fresh organic ingredients, artfully prepared cuisine and the beauty of the Niagara Falls come together at The Rainbow Room to create the perfect dining experience. Bring your favourite people and experience how food should be prepared and presented. Would expect nothing less from a restaurant with Massimo Capra's name!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, wonderful serviceLadyJVIPDined on 8/11/2014Seated by the window with a gorgeous view of the falls. We had cocktails to start along with the artichoke appetizer and charcuterie board. Both were fantastic. Our entries were equally so. Scallops, tenderloin, rack of lamb and the halibut - all were superb. We had well paired wine with our meal and finished it off with a lovely dessert of dark chocolate and caramel. The only downside was the accidental burst of bright light at the of the evening (closing time?). Luckily we were about to leave. Overall, it was a wonderful dining experience and we will return when we visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Niagara FallsCeeCeeVIPDined on 8/10/2014The falls is the main attraction here. Food very good, not great. Server was wonderful and knowledgeable. A bit pricy, but we had a lot to drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed at allOlgaDined on 8/8/2014Did not like the food. Too far from the falls. Would not go there again. Nothing special.Special Features:
- Great DinnerBrianDined on 8/2/2014Took a group there for dinner and had a great experience. Food very good, service excellent. Definitely recommend it. Also had dinner at Brasa restaurant, which was unfortunately quite a poor experience.Special Features:
- Okay. Expensive.sal67Dined on 8/2/2014The food was good. Not an extensive menu, but plenty of selection. The appetizers were very fresh tasting and just the right size. The scallops were good as well. Nothing really exciting or over-the-top, just good food. As a result, because there was nothing spectacular or overly memorable, the prices are a bit high. The service was fine, not great. The views were awesome, but the ambiance fell flat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view!gr8viewDined on 8/1/2014The Rainbow Room offers an impressive view of Niagara Falls. We reserved a late night dinner (9:00 PM) so we could watch the fireworks over the falls. The staff dimmed the lights for the fireworks display and the result was an unobstructed view of the show. I would definitely recommend this location for the view alone. The food was also equally impressive. Everyone in our dinner party was raving about their dinner selection. Overall, definitely a great choice for a romantic and scenic dinner.Special Features:
- First time in NiagaraIrishJayhawkDined on 7/30/2014We made a reservation. When we arrived they sat us by a window with a view of Niagara Falls that was the best we had all week. The waiter was knowledgable, friendly and very helpful. The food was wonderful, every bite was full of taste, this was a sensational meal. I had the scallops, they were very good. The crusty fruit dessert topped off the dinner. If I come back I would make an 8 p.m. Reservation so I could enjoy the lights on Niagara in the night time. This is very fine dining so be prepared to pay for it. We spent $150.00 for two people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food!cityfrankDined on 7/29/2014I was hoping for a great meal and I was NOT disappointed. The service was excellent and the view was beautiful, but it was the food that stole the show. I had a mouthhwatering tenderloin and my wife had an incredible New York Steak. Even the appetizers were excellent. The food tasted fresh and full of flavour! Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Delicious foodLadydeckDined on 7/28/2014My husband and I had dinner here on a Monday night in July 2014. The service was excellent and the view is just amazing! We could see the American and Canadian Falls perfectly. The food was just amazing! It's not cheap, but well worth the money. Compared to other restaurants we ate at while in Niagara Falls, the price was only slightly above the others. But I can't say enough about the food. It was just so amazingly delicious! We ate here once 5 yrs ago before Massimo Capra took over and it was very good then, but Chef Capra has taken this restaurant to a whole other level! Don't miss eating at this gem!Special Features:
- Amazing food and staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Highly recommend, not just for the view but the food was amazing aswell. The staff was VERY friendly and the manager came by to check on us too, and recommend places to see. Very good experience, will come back!Special Features:
- Scenic view was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014From the food, to the great service, The Rainbow Room was a fantastic experience and I would go back again. The view of Niagara Falls is priceless, it was my first night in town and it was worth it! Wouldn't have imagined going anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal with a great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2014We recently had a very enjoyable meal at the Rainbow Room. The view was spectacular and the food and service were outstanding - well worth a visit.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantMichelleDined on 7/16/2014excellent food, and an amazing view. Very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantJonjamDined on 7/13/2014We asked for a table near a window and loved the spectacular view of Niagara Falls. The food was very good and service was great. Don't forget to order the artichoke appetizer it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with a great viewLive2dineDined on 7/12/2014Great view with excellent service, price is reasonable for the area and with such view. Great for all occasions.Special Features:
- Returned to the Rainbow Roomsoprano55Dined on 7/6/2014I was last at the Rainbow Room 2 years ago for a last minute Easter Sunday booking. I loved the food, the view and the service then. When my mother's 81st birthday came around, what better place for a special dinner? I had the wild board agnolotti with the sour cherry sauce. My mother had the seafood linguini and a friend had the fish special. We had a lovely table overlooking the Falls on a sunny evening. Desserts were wonderful and our server was attentive. I will come back any time that I can.Special Features:
- Outstanding experience!Romantic!WanderingIslanderDined on 7/5/2014What a great dinner for my wife and I! Booked this online based on reviews and it is everything everyone says it is. The view is spectacular. Wonderful full view of both falls and the Canadian side. The service is top notch!! We were constantly checked in on by either our waitress or the Asst. Manager. Our waitress was extremely helpful with drink selection for my wife. She definitely knew the menu and drinks. The food was as visually appealing as it was delicious. My wife got the filet, and it absolutely melted in her mouth. It was devine!! We have found a new special occasion dinner spot!!!Special Features:
- american touristOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014Excellent service and above average food. Outstanding view.Special Features:
- Great ExperianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014My girlfriend and I had an incredible time. The food was fantastic. We had the calamari appetizer which maybe the best breaded calamari i've personally ever eaten. For Entrees she had the Halibut which was a special of the day and I had the Rack of Lamb. Both where cooked perfectly and tasted even better then the dishes looked. Which was incredible. The servers where quick, polite and very friendly. The view of the 2 falls was also a nice treat while eating. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Pairing Offered on MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014This place can be classified as fine dining although the atmosphere was relaxed. The food was ample and tasty;and so fresh that the greens in my salad had supposedly come from the sous chef's garden that day. I think every restaurant should offer wine pairing and they do here! It makes choosing a wine so much easier for the wine enthusiast who isn't a connoisseur. We had a view of the Falls which was lovely and the weather cooperated but I wasn't so impressed by the roof we had to look beyond to see the Falls, not a big deal though. Our waitress was pleasant and attentive. When following the directions indicating how to get here, they stop at the elevators. Keep in mind that you then have to go up to the 10th floor to reach the restaurant.Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprised...lucka33Dined on 6/28/2014I have to say...I had low expectations. I thought it would be an expensive tourist trap....labelled fine dining but with underwhelming food. I was completely wrong. The food was AMAZING. High quality and cooked to perfection. Presentation was beautiful as well. I have been to very few tourist/hotel area restaurants labeled fine dining that actually fit the bill. The Rainbow Room was definitely at the top. I will reiterate because it was just that good....the food was AMAZING!!!Special Features:
- 50/50 SplitFoodiesfromMaineDined on 6/22/2014While the view is breath-taking, and the service outstanding, our entrees were a 50/50 split as to impressiveness. The scallops were second to none; however, the lobster risotto left something to be desired as the lobster was scarce and the flavor just wasn't there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what you would expect mr capraDennis60Dined on 6/20/2014Highly anticipated but a total disappointment. Overly large, poorly presented main courses, tasted like 'tourist food'. Any relationship to his Mistura restaurant is purely coincidental. I fear Mr Capra has 'sold out'
- This place is the best!WeLuvWineDined on 6/20/2014We were visiting from Maine and found this place on-line. The view was amazing, we watched the fireworks over the falls from our table. Our server Matt was the best! The food was outstanding, everyone loved their meals in our party of 4! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014My daughter & I had a lovely experience here. The view was fantastic & the food was excellent cuisine but you will pay for all of that of course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinningNessDined on 6/13/2014We took a ceasar salad which was delicious even I found it a little bit acid. The linguini carbonara dish was fabulous. It's the best pasta I ever ate. It's the same for my boyfriend who take the half chicken... The cheesecake is very tasty and creamy.. it was so delicious. It's our first cheesecake and we don't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed!Got2eatVIPDined on 6/12/2014The chef at this restaurant was highly recommended and written up as one of Canada's top chefs. Overall we found the food very ordinary. I had the pork chop, which was nothing special. My husband had the lamb shank, which again was just OK. The food was not bad, and the service was good and it is a really lovely view. We just didn't find the food as special as we expected.Special Features:
- Great view!LaquebecoiseDined on 6/11/2014The restaurant is very classy and soothing. The music is not loud, the service, discreet. We had the pear&proscuitto and the fried artichokes, then the eggplant involtini and the scalops. The appetizers were delicous, and nicely portioned. The eggplants were perhaps overpriced but delicious. They might have been too little as a main, though. The scallops were on a bed of beets risotto, delicious and creamy, in addition to visually very appetizing. The paired wines were available by the glass and the waiter graciously accomodated our requests to share most plates (we like doing this to increase our ability to taste more options!) I was concerned being in a hotel restaurant in Niagara Falls on the strip but was not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an amazing time!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014We just had our first experience at Rainbow Room this past Friday and can't wait to go back! Not only was our view amazing, our server Amy was probably one of the best servers we have ever had at a restaurant. She was extremely knowledgeable on the food, neighborhood, wines, etc. She was extremely friendly and made sure that we were happy with our meal and service. The food was served beautifully, delicious and I loved the fact that the ingredients were fresh. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Very nice view and good food!SukiDined on 5/31/2014Overall everything was good. If I had to point out the negatives, the service was a bit slow and although we had requested a table with a view of the falls we didn't get it. Nevertheless the staff was very accommodating and nice, and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AnniversaryGManDined on 5/28/2014When we made our reservations, we included that we were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary. They were completely prepared to ensure we had a memorable meal. Our server, Tammy, was the best. We started w/a very good calamari. In addition, we were treated to a chef special complimentary appetizer. Our main courses of salmon and Mediterranean sea bass were exceptional. We washed everything down w/a local Riesling wine which was also very good. Our desert of a filo dough cheesecake was also complimentary and it too was delicious. The restaurant made our meal a memorable one and we are very thankful that they did. We would definitely dine here again and highly recommend the restaurant to anyone visiting Niagara Falls, Ontario.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!EEGTECHDined on 5/25/2014My husband and I went for dinner during our trip to Niagara Falls CN. We were seated at a table overlooking the falls. Our waiter, Matt, was extremely knowledgeable regarding the menu and local places not to miss! Our food was delightful, not too much but just enough to satisfy our hungry bellies! It was presented beautifully. I would definitely go here again!Special Features:
- Excellent Meal...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014My girlfriend and I had dinner here during our stay in Niagara Falls. Our meals were prepared with care, were very well done, and had great flavors. The staff was extremely polite, helpful and friendly and the service was excellent. We'd definitely return on our next visit!Special Features:
- Great View But.....BobandSueDined on 5/22/2014The view of the falls is nice but due to the orientation of the windows and the time of year (May) the sun is shining into your face. Wines we wanted were sold out. Then the waitress uncorked the wine and splashed it all over me. Shirt and pants. She was quick with the soda water and paid for a dessert. Just one. (I thought they should have comp'd the wine as I wore some of it). Ordered meat and cheese plate that came with no cheese. Huh? Waitress had to check with the chef on that one. Main course was seared scallops over risotto that was actually quite good. Cooked perfectly. Really wanted to have a special anniversary dinner that turned out to be just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdequatecoboVIPDined on 5/20/2014This was recommended for having excellent views; they were adequate, but some of the windows on this 10th floor restaurant atop a one time premier hotel (now the Crowne Plaza) are obscured by columns. Scallops and rack of lamb are their two signature dishes. The lamb WAS superior. Scallops atop a somewhat chewy risotto would have been overpowered by the hollandaise-like sauce that is best asked for on the side. Service was attentive and enthusiastic, and was the overall redeeming factor. This place has seen it's day, and I suspect there are better views and better food in newer, less "tired" surroundings. Nevertheless, dinner was enjoyable, and we left satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.