220 Old Mammoth Road
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.therafters.com/
- Phone: 7609349431x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30 AM - 11:00 AM;
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Keipler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms available seating up to 50 people
- Private Party Contact: Charlie Piererra 7602093371x
- Entertainment: Bingo Monday night, Karaoke Tuesday, Thursday all night happy hour, Live music on Friday and Saturday nights, the Rafters has featured Grammy Nominated artists such as Lisa Haley and Lurance Juber (the Wings). The Rafters is the hot spot for live music in Mammoth
- Special Events: Seasonal events
A word from The Rafters
Welcoming, comfortable and serving outstanding New American cuisine under the ownership of Jim and Nancy Demetriades, Rafters a Mammoth landmark since 1967, is reborn as a world class restaurant. The stylish setting is complemented by friendly attentive service and inventive cuisine by Chef Kerry Mechler from an ever changing seasonal menu. The extensive wine list completes the ingredients for a memorable dining experience. Now serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Rafters - Best Restaurants in Mammoth ›
The Rafters reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sent awayJerwigDined on 5/10/2014My partner and I went for breakfast, the sign said seat yourself when we got there. We waked down to the tables and saw a family sitting there eating. The waiter sees us and says sorry guys we're actually closed. When it's a slow day we close. So we were sent away and ate somewhere else.
- No notice - Weird Fixed MenuBryannb2014Dined on 3/8/2014Got there and they were having some strange mardi gras night. Fixed menu and we got stuck in some back room that smelled like the rafters of an old house. We had a drink and went to Chart HouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour is BestPrettyPickyDined on 2/25/2014We were there for an event with speakers and slide shows; our table was terrible for that. After eating we moved to the back room which was empty and had a great screen. We felt it could have been utilized much better for people there for the event. The service was mediocre at best. Thursday night Happy Hour is the best time to go to Rafters.Special Features:
- Great food, great company!happybelliesDined on 1/10/2014Happy hour special until 7 is great for food! Pork belly and clams dish was fabulous. Everyone loves the burger too. The mixed drinks are a bit weak, so I recommend getting beer or wine. Fun bar scene after 9pm with live music on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous New Years EveBigmammaDined on 12/30/2013We had the most fabulous new years diner at The Rafters. They were very accommodating and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RaftersOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/25/2013I had lamb chops and my husband had steak, they were both better than Mortons! We come up here four times a year and it's always a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been here severalOahuDined on 11/30/2013We have been here several times. The food was fair but over priced and the service was awful
- The food was okay (littleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013The food was okay (little over priced for what you got). The service was horrible. Although our waiter was nice, he hardly checked on us and never brought refills unless we asked (he walked by our table multiple times, looked at our empty glasses and kept walking). They need more servers!
- This is an amazing restaurant!Ironman516Dined on 3/8/2013This is an amazing restaurant! We've eaten there for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the food has always been incredible.Special Features:
- All in all Rafters was a disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/17/2013All in all Rafters was a disappointment. Our son's food came out at least 30 minutes before the entrees for my wife and I! The poor guy was asleep on the table after finishing his dinner, playing games, and wasting all the time he could. Our food still wasn't ready. The Oso Bucco was bland but tender. The pairing of side dishes were not complementary. The filet mignon was a tender, well prepared piece of meet but the rest of the dish was just wrong. The brocolli were so over cooked they were un-edible. The potatoes were dry. Another table next to us with ~10 people had problems with one person's spaghetti that was cold when it arrived. The restaurant is not equipped for crowds.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Great atmosphere, great food, service could have been more attentive ie removal of dishes, glasses etc. Open fire and a live band , great table position.Special Features:
- Rafters... Patience Required.CucinaAlessiDined on 12/30/2012We were a group of 7. The waitress seemed overwhelmed (to put it politely). The food was tasty but our entree's took over an hour to be served. Several large groups were seated, completed there meals and left. A gentleman came over and apologized for the "mistake in the kitchen" and presented us with an order of calamari to try and placate us while we waited. Bear in mind we had three children that were hungry and they don't eat calamari. Finally, the entree's arrived and they were good but certainly not worth waiting an hour for. Additionally, the restaurant took 25% off the bill which was appropriate. I did hear after the fact from some other people who have dined there that the service is typically not very good. I won't return.
- not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/29/2012Food was not very good came after I was referred by a friend, and read there menu online.. When we arrived it was a holiday very limited menu. I had the spinach gnocchi wis was tasteless it was accompanied by what looked like breakfast sausage torn into bits and butternut squash that was still raw. I really couldn't complain as we barely saw the waitress. We ordered our drinks and after about a 15 minute wait the waitress came back and told us that they were out of one of the drinks? Anyway they forgot our sweet potatoe fries brought at end of meal and then said they would comp them which I know they didn't as the bill came it was only 2 of us it was $271.00 obvious mistake they brought my corrected bill but no breakdown for $78 wrong agaSpecial Features:
- Not the first time to RaftersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2012I've never had a bad meal here. The service is great and the wine selection is fantastic with something for every wine lovers budget.Special Features:
- The rib eye & lamb were bothOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2012The rib eye & lamb were both quite delicious and we finished the meal off with their Tiramisu... Overall it was a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Chip, the sommelier, alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/27/2012Chip, the sommelier, always finds us a great bottle of wine at the reasonable priceSpecial Features:
- Don't Bother!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2012The food is overly pretentious and tasted horrible. I sent back one dish and I wanted to send back the 2nd. It's way too expensive and pretentious for Mammoth Lakes. Locals and vacationers are looking for good old comfort food, not this type of fare. I wish I did like it. I met my Husband at Rafters 22 year ago and the food there was wonderful then. They had steak, burgers,soups and generally good home type cooking.
- The food we ordered was properlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2012The food we ordered was properly prepared, but it didn't wow and amaze me for the price. I think I can get a better dining value at other restaurants in town. The wine list was disappointing, the first bottle we ordered was out of stock, later a manager came by and when we commented on this, he didn't have a valid response.
- Great Mammoth eatery. FirstOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/8/2012Great Mammoth eatery. First time visit but we will return.Special Features:
- Great restaurant in downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/31/2012Great restaurant in downtown Mammoth. However, once this places starts hopping, and it does every night, it is WAY TOO LOUD. Live band just makes people talk louder to be heard. Interesting cocktails.Special Features:
- Loved the ski mountain atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2012Loved the ski mountain atmosphere of this restaurant and the food was wonderful. I had the smoked duck fettuccine and the flavors were out of this world. My only disappointment was that my husband and I split a salad (which was more than generous) but we had to do so at the table. It would have been nice to have that done in the kitchen and since we said we were splitting it, I wouldn't have thought we'd have to ask to have that done. Otherwise, everything else was perfect.Special Features:
- Hostess was Great! WaitressshawnVIPDined on 2/18/2012Hostess was Great! Waitress didn't really care that our food was an hour late. Managers and wine guy was great!Special Features:
- Awesome New Year's meal!tntkVIPDined on 12/31/2011Our family had reservations on New Years Eve--sort of expected the bums rush but, no, Rafters treated us incredibly well! We appreciated having the table for a long, festive evening--great food, fun drinks, joyful servers. This was one of the best New Years meals we've had. Thank you, Rafters! We will definitely return!
- Giving up on RaftersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2011Granted this was New Years eve, however we made reservations early for 6:30 pm. Service was extremely slow, total of 2 1/2 hours to complete our meal and NOT worth the wait. First course was basically salad from a bag with terrible dressing. 2nd course choice of rubber filled ravioli or Seared scallops, which were better. Main course Lousy piece of fish or a half way decent steak. Followed by the surprise of our waitress at the beginning of the meal saying $100 per couple to the end of the meal where she gave us the bill of about $250 (2 couples) to coming back 5 minutes later and saying oops I meant $100 per person and she gave us a new bill at over $500. We reluctantly paid, but this will be the last time we spend a penny here.
- Our party of 5 were on a skiOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/28/2011Our party of 5 were on a ski vacation in Mammoth and booked through Open Table as we did not know any restaurants in Mammoth. We did not expect much but were pleasantly surprised with the food quality.Special Features:
- It took too long to get dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/28/2011It took too long to get dinner. People were very nice about it.Special Features:
- Don't drive past the Chart House!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/24/2011Horrible from beginning to end. Food had no flavor and meal for 2 people took over 2 hours...VERY slow service. Soup was luke warm and took 20-30 minutes to arrive, main course another 20-30 minutes after that. After the meal ordered cappacino and ice cream cake which you think would be served together, not here, the cappacino, barely luke warm took 10-15 to arrive, and the dessert took another 10-15 minutes more, and it was so rock hard we could not even cut through it! Horrible experience and we will never return!
- Rafters is the best find inOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/24/2011Rafters is the best find in Mammoth, The food is fabulous, the service is outstanding and the sommelier, Chip always gets us a great bottle of wine.Special Features:
- The service was great; veryMCC7VIPDined on 12/21/2011The service was great; very attentive and helpful. Food was terrific! Party of five ordered: Asian Shortribs (Waitress recommended & my son loved them), pesto pizza - really delicious, flat iron steak (perfectly cooked & seasoned), special of the day: pork tenderloin. Everyone loved their meal!
- Great all around dining experienceMarcoVIPDined on 12/19/2011Great all around dining experience worthy of Vail or Park City. And there's music on weekends that's usually worth a listen.Special Features:
- The staff was all very charming.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2011The staff was all very charming. The food, everything was delicious. We had a table next to the fireplace so it was romantic. After 9p.m. a blues/rock band played and they were gifted, talented musicians.Special Features:
- Dinner, service were great. PartFood4thoughtDined on 9/3/2011Dinner, service were great. Part of the reason we came is that Rafters has "live jazz". Jazz was supposed to start at 9 pm, but we left at 9:50 pm and it still hadn't started. Very disappointing end of the dinner experience.
- Food was inconsistent. OneOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2011Food was inconsistent. One one dish, you could have great sides, but overcooked meat. Another dish would have good meat and tasteless sides. Service was very slow and unattentive. We had a confirmed booking inwriting for 8.30, but they closed the dining section at 8.
- A very good choice in Mammoth;wkinsDined on 6/25/2011A very good choice in Mammoth; not quite up there with places like the Restaurant at Convict Lake or the Lakefront at Twin Lakes, but still a good choice in town. Our scallops were nicely prepared and the pizza recommended by our waiter was very good. Service overall was very good.Special Features: