The Rackhouse Pub
208 S. Kalamath St
Denver, CO 80223Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Rackhouse Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rackhousepub.com/
- Phone: 7205707824
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily 11am Until at Least Midnight Kitchen closes Mon-Wed at 10pm, Thur-Sat 11pm and Sun at 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Jayson Reynolds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The Rackhouse Pub offers NO COVER live music Friday and Saturday nights as well as poker on Monday's Geeks Who Drink Trivia on Thursdays and other special events and weekly activities. Please check out the full Rackhouse Pub event calendar at www.RackhousePub.com.
- Special Events: Catch a tour of Denver's own Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey Distillery when you visit the Rackhouse Pub. Tours are Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday at 11am, 1pm, 3pm, and 5pm. Visit our website for more details.
A word from The Rackhouse Pub
Nestled in the bosom of Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey Distillery, the Rackhouse Pub tries to be as hardcore Colorado as our neighbors. Here you’ll find a hand-picked selection of Colorado beers, micro-distilled spirits, soda, meats, cheeses and local produce (when available). Our menu brings pub food to a completely different level with creative spins on old classics, as well as new creations that accentuate our unique bar selections. The Rackhouse Pub’s ”steampunk“ décor is created from used Stranahan’s barrels and the cedar beams from the original Stranahan’s rackhouse. You’ll often find local art gracing our walls as we support the Santa Fe Arts District and other local creative outlets.Continued
Kendra, Chris, Clarke & Jayson
Kendra, Chris, Clarke & Jayson
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Rackhouse Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good pubSmokeyDVIPDined on 3/29/2014This was my first time at Rackhouse and everyone enjoyed it. The food was solid, better than you would expect from a "bar". Great Beer and Whiskey selection. Fun place to have drinks and eat. Pretty good happy hour deals too. Service was a little slow initially but got better as they meal went on. I would recommend this for a good, causal drinking and eating spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't really honor reservationMeliDined on 3/28/2014This is in a whiskey distillery, and we had a group of 12. I had made the reservations following the tour, which was 5 - 6 pm. When we got there, I checked in with the woman at the desk, saying that we would finish the tour and we had a reservation for 12. When we finished the tour, she had given our table away to a walk-in group. We ended up at 2 tables for 6, which was not the point of the evening since the entire point was "bonding" with our co-workers. I was very disappointed that she did not honor our reservation, and had given away our table. Aside from that, the food was good, the ambiance was good, and the tour of the distillery was outstanding! (Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Happy Hour findJackBNimbleVIPDined on 3/1/2014We decided to enjoy a couple of drinks during Happy Hour at the Rackhouse after taking the Stranahans tour. Overall I'd say that the drink specials weren't an overly good deal ($1 off beer), but I did appreciate the large selection of local craft beers including a couple Saisons and a Berliner Weiss. The highlight of the Happy Hour was the value of the food. While I wouldn't necessarily say the food was award winning it was in my opinion solid bar/pub fare. The best tasting item was by far the pretzel bites, which if I was to return, would be the first thing I order. The real surprise though was the total cost of our food bill. After ordering 3 pretzel bites, 4 pizzas and two sliders we ended up at only $60, which I found quite reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014Love the food here. The place is noisy though. If you or anyone in your party has trouble hearing, might want to avoid the peak meal hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you for the wonderfulBirthdayDined on 2/15/2014Thank you for the wonderful service while our group celebrated a 40th Birthday Party. Wonderful food and drink selection.Special Features:
- Fun time!lalalaaaDined on 1/24/2014We came in a large group and stayed until close, but didn't feel like they were trying to get us out early. The wait staff was always available and very attentive (but not TOO attentive) and were helpful with drink decisions. We did not eat "real food" but the bacon brownie was absolutely delicious. Bonus- parking was easy. Good alternative to going downtown for an evening out with good drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rotary Loves the Rackhouse PubMamadebDined on 1/21/2014We meet every month (10-25 of us) for drinks and appetizers. It is always delicious. Fun. Easy. Great, friendly service. Really good food. Love the happy hour specials, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rackpizzaDined on 1/19/2014Great place to watch the Bronco game and to take kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not be backFriendsdinnerDined on 1/18/2014Burgers were not good. Even the veggie burger was really dry and the bread was dry and falling apart. Mac and cheese was delicious and grilled veggies and salad were both good. Drinks were great - Whisky Thyme was delicious. Godfather not so good - tasted watered down and you couldn't taste the amaretto. Much better with Johnny Walker. Service was awful. Our waiter was so unfriendly. The manager came to our table and made an effort to make it better, but the damage was done.
- Jeans & CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/18/2014Joined friends for the Stranahan Distillery tour and straight into the adjoining Rackhouse Pub for dinner. What a wonderful evening! I previously read some reviews so I had a hint of what kind of food to expect. It's the best mix of old time bar, with lots of whiskey and beer, and contemporary cuisine using local ingredients. My bison burger was outstanding and the side arugula salad with fresh slices of heirloom tomatoes and chess was topped with a balsamic vinegar that could rival any upscale restaurant in town! Choices for dinner were difficult as the mac and cheese, ribs and pizzas passed our table. The wait staff was extremely friendly and very efficient. Only wish Rackhouse was in our neighborhood so we could visit often!Special Features:
- Handbag 1Handbag1Dined on 1/18/2014A friend of mine and I had just finished the tour of the distillery and landed in Rackhouse for a bite. Service was quick and efficient and food was delicious and not your typical pub-type food. Extensive menu included pizza and 'shareables' - plates to share. The bar alcohol listing was extensive, including some nice scotches and my personal fav, Oban. Unfortunately, for those who drink wine, there was only 'red' or 'white' listed and when we asked the server to give us more information, he said he knew it was from Portugal and it was in a box. I know this is housed with a Stranahan's distillery, however, I think they could do a bit better job with a reasonble, small wine list. Perhaps something not in boxes.Special Features:
- Whiskey whiskey whiskeyaro811VIPDined on 1/17/2014Get a whiskey flight and a burger to start your night. The Mac and cheese is amazing too! It is a very loud and energetic place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great beer selection withMobyDined on 1/17/2014A great beer selection with a good bar. the menu is a very pleasant surprise from the routine bar food. All food is made with care and source a lot of their food locally. The seafood mac and cheese is great.Special Features:
- We'll be backgoodgrubDined on 1/17/2014They seat you with a measuring cup full of goldfish! No thanks, but honestly I thought it was funny. SPOT ON drink recommendation by our server! We both ordered mac'n'cheese, his with Whisky Chili and mine with Chicken & Pesto. Both were excellent (though I like TONS of pesto so next time I'll ask them not to be shy with it). Both of our orders came in 3 cup measuring cups so there was PLENTY to eat even with leftovers. They each came with, what seemed like, an entire loaf of toasted bread. Had the bacon brownie for dessert. It was awesome! We'll try the peanut butter cups next time. Note about parking: they don't have much to choose from directly in front of the restaurant but there is TONS just on the east side of Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHISKEY!MichaelDined on 1/12/2014The Rackhouse Pub is attached to Stranahan's Distillery, so the drinks are outstanding. Lots of beer too. The menu is not large, but very well executed. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Horrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2014Although we had a reservation, we had to wait to be seated. We ordered the empanadas which were nothing special. The food kept getting heavier. I ordered the prime sandwich was was bathed in cheese and grease with mustard on the side. The mac and cheese was also just a huge fat bomb. My husband ordered the half rack of ribs. They were pretty good but hardly had any sauce on them. Our waitress failed to notice that we had no silverware and took her sweet time getting it to us as our food cooled in front of us. We also had to request a side of bbq sauce and a refill on the water. When she ran our credit card, she neglected to give us a pen with which to tip her. I guess she knew she didn't deserve one. Never going back.
- Very Fun!Kailove77Dined on 1/4/2014Rackhouse Pub never disappoints! We were seated quickly, had a good selection of beer (including O'Douls for me as I'm pregnant!) and of course Stranahan's and Whiskey Chili!! Mmm!! Veggie Mac is healthy right?? Our family enjoyed a great dinner after the tour and celebrated my husband's birthday! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, happening spotHungry5280Dined on 12/31/2013We went New Year's eve around 7 and were seated right away because I had reserved the table on Open Table. The server was friendly and funny, but a little bit too busy. Food was great and there was a lot of it. Cool decorations with the whiskey casks as paneling. Not the best location, and parking was difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Festive and FunFoodieFanVIPDined on 12/28/2013Three of us enjoyed dinner at The Rackhouse Pub and we decided to share everything. The green chili macaroni was one of our favorite choices and the salads were fresh; we especially liked the blueberry vinaigrette dressing.Special Features:
- The lobster, shrimp and baconElyseUUVIPDined on 12/21/2013The lobster, shrimp and bacon mac and cheese was amazing. Way too much to eat at one seating. The bread that came with it was so unnecessary, who wants bread with this mac n cheese! Ribs were very good. Pizza was soggy but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rackhouse did not acknowledgeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2013Rackhouse did not acknowledge that we had made reservation and was rude about getting us a table. Service was awful once we were seated - never filled waters or circled around to check on us. Took forever to even get the check.Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/15/2013I love the idea of this restaurant, and am a big fan of whiskey. But I was really disappointed when I brought my friends there for a special occasion and our server was absolutely horrible. There were 7 of us, it took 30 min to get a drink order. It was a Sunday night and the place was not busy. It could've been a great experience, but our server just didn't care at all about giving us the attention we needed. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only the food was worth it.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/24/2013We went here after a tour at Stranahan's. I made a reservation two weeks prior for our group of nine, yet they weren't prepared for us when we got there right at our reservation time. Once we were seated our server immediately returned with glasses of water for everyone, which seemed like a good start. Approximately 20 minutes later she came back around to our table after one of us asked her if she was ever coming back. We ordered our food and drinks at the same time cause we didn't want to lose her again. The food was amazing. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered. I really wanted this place to be better than it turned out to be.This is a great place if you like really good food but hate good service or being able to talk to your companions.
- Great food , bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2013Very good food but service Q's incredibly slow, drinks went without refill and staff new little about the menu.Special Features:
- Quite EnjoyableJennybeebopDined on 11/23/2013We went to Stranahan's for the whiskey tour prior to eating at the Rackhouse. We thought the tour would be done in ample time to get to dinner but the tour lasted approximately an hour. The wait staff was very accommodating. We still had our table waiting for us when we finished the tour. The waitress was great! I had a pumpkin pie martini (delicious) and the other members of my party ordered beers. They have a great selection to choose from for mixed drinks, beers, and other spirits. The food was amazing as well! My boyfriend and I each had burgers. They were phenomenal (and the oven fries were so tasty)! My friend had the macaroni and cheese dish with the lobster (I had to try that as well). Out of this world!Special Features:
- New FindOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/2/2013Didn't know this joint was associated with Stranahans, but the beer selection was fantastic and the food was just as good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueBManDined on 11/2/2013If you like whiskey and a touch of the west this is a nice spot for an outing. Reservations recommended, as the place was packed and service suffered a bit the later it got. Decent beer selection as well but they are all craft beers. Food was tasty but not amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pub food with a little extraacarnivoreVIPDined on 10/20/2013The beauty of the Rackhouse is the location and specifically the proximity to the aroma of roasted grains, coupled with the sweetness of the wort/wash. It makes for an excellent dining experience couple with above average pub food. After all that you can still begin or end your time with a Stranahan's distillery tour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GABFSmokeyyankDined on 10/12/2013Ton's of people from the GABF, tons of beer on tap which was nice. Food was excellent bar food. Would go back hopefully not during such a busy time. Service was slow but the place was packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been BetterMissBDined on 10/12/2013Great service at the bar but otherwise not so much. Despite reservations (party of 12 for a birthday dinner), we were seated 40 minutes late. Our waitress was noticeably absent the entire night. We sat for 30 minutes waiting for bill, which had gratuity added. She then misplaced one of the credit cards. After pushing that it was never returned, she found it jn the back. I won't return here with a group or for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Poor Service/Bad FoodMattyMoDined on 10/10/2013Waiter knew nothing abou the beer selections, kept bringing us the wrong beers. The food was not as listed on the menu, came out cold and tasted of poor ingredients. This was my first and LAST time visitng this establishment.
- Great job for a bachelor partykmcelroyDined on 9/14/2013They did a great job for my bachelor party! RECOMMENDED!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findFirsttimeDined on 9/4/2013Ambiance fun, food prep and presentation excellent. Wait staff friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place, good food, its loudnonfoodieDined on 8/24/2013I like this place. The food is pubby, american. Tasty bison and yummy mac n cheese. Smells like a distillery, duh. And it can get quite loud which fine, just wouldn't recomend it for a romantic dinner. All and all a unique Denver eatery. Fun for out of town guests.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2013Great for groups or just a few friends, this restaurant/pub offers a little bit of everything. The best beer and spirits selection I have ever seen. The service was great and the food menu choices were many.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2013Tucked into Stranahan's whiskey distillery, in an industrial neighborhood is this delightful restaurant. Their imaginative take on pub food (such as kielbasa empanadas) starts the meal off right. the ribs were delectable, best we've had in Colorado and cocktails and exciting beer list top off a great casual dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedEzmommyDined on 8/2/2013There was a group of 8 that came for the whiskey tour, followed by dinner for my husband's birthday. We ordered a range of food and just about everything was very over salted. Half of us got our food at least 5 minutes before the rest of the food came. Our server did not tend to us once we received our 1st drinks. We had to flag down another server to order more drinks.Special Features:
- The food, drinks and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2013The food, drinks and service was awesome. I had the Bison Street Tacos, they were the best. Our waiter was around when we needed something, but he didn't hover. Drinks were local products, great selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac-n-cheese from the heavens!!KrytoDined on 7/20/2013On Saturday, I threw a bachelorette party for my best friend. We went on the distillery tour and lunch at the Rackhouse afterwards. I knew she would enjoy the tour but the main reason I picked the Rackhouse was for the specialty mac-n-cheese as it is her favorite food. SHE LOVED IT. We all did. The service was great, the drinks were delicious, and the food was amazing. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not what it used to be...DenverDinerVIPDined on 7/3/2013We used to eat here quite frequently, and it was always great. We came again, and the menu changed, which isn't an issue, but so did a few of the recipes. Specifically, the mac & cheese; if you've eaten here, you know it used to be the best in Denver. I ordered it with my sandwich, and it seemed heavy on the blue cheese, and overall very runny and sort of...meh. We will go back, but it may be a while.I would recommend this to a friend.