The Quiet Woman
3224 Pacific Coast Highway
Corona Del Mar, CA 92625Neighborhood:
Corona del Mar
SteakPrice: $30 and under
The Quiet Woman
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.quietwoman.com/
- Phone: 9496407440
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm (Bar Menu until 5:00pm); Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lynne Anthony Campbell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Entertainment five nights a week.
A word from The Quiet Woman
Since 1965 The Quiet Woman Restaurant & Bar has been a favorite spot for generations of locals. Contrary to trendy and far from fussy, we start with incredible ingredients, add a contemporary twist and finish with a picture perfect presentation that delivers a bit of delicious satisfaction in every single bite. Complete your meal with the perfect pairing from our award winning wine list. Fabulous food, worldly wine, inviting ambiance and seamless service combine to create an exceptional dining experience. Come for cocktails, enjoy dinner and stay for live music five nights a week. Dine, Drink, Play at the QW.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Quiet Woman reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (20)vibrant bar scene (16)romantic (15)notable wine list (14)fit for foodies (13)hot spot (9)great for lunch (7)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- A neighborhood classicQWfanDined on 9/14/2014The QW is a classic neighborhood gem for families or couples. I prefer to eat at the bar although they have comfortable booths also. The decor is dark wood, but with a friendly feel. Their wine list is very nice. I've been going to the QW for at least two decades.Special Features:
- GREAT PLACEFALKNERDined on 9/14/2014First time hear...was recommended by good friend. Food and service was great. Truly enjoyed. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shhhhh...LoveGrasingsDined on 9/12/2014The Quiet Woman is one of the gems of Newport Beach/Corona del Mar. This is one of our absolute favorites to go to. The staff is wonderful- Lauren, Colby, Julius, Jessica, Abby; all of them. Tom and Sierra make the best drinks in town. Food is always great. Did I mention the award winning wine list? If you are a local or from out of town, Quiet Woman is a must for dinner and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambiance - ok foodhighheat31Dined on 9/6/2014For the price of the place I think you are being charged more for the ambiance rather than the food. If two people each get an entree and a few drinks you are looking at a $150-$200 night - which for the quality is way overpriced. I would recommend skipping dinner there but getting early and sitting at the bar as it gets packed and active later in the evening. Must be one of the few places with music because by 10pm it was barely standing room only at the bar. Drinks are priced what you would expect.Special Features:
- Old School ClassicQbeanDined on 8/24/2014A charming, old school classic with good food and an impressive wine list. Foodies will be disappointed, but the less discerning will enjoy the great service and generous quantities.Special Features:
- Beautiful Decor, Fabulous FoodBendDined on 8/6/2014We celebrated my sister's birthday and thought the QW salad was amazing. She ordered the Baseball steak cook medium rare, and it was crusted perfectly and cooked to perfection. We ordered the vegetable platter with wild rice and it was not only beautiful but delicious. The Swordfish elated in your mouth. Do ask for a quiet table. The decor reminds you of fine dining houses of long ago. Yes, we would return.Special Features:
- Great foodKaroDined on 8/1/2014They have the best Lobster Bisque and Creme Brulee.Special Features:
- Great Dinner OutKSMYVIPDined on 7/31/2014We had a great dinner and drinks. Had the whole family and it was a great experience. Not a bad thing to say.Special Features:
- Quiet WomanTryingCAcuisineDined on 7/27/2014The staff was very attentive...service was exceptional. A special occasion place with enough variety on the menu to please everyone. Food is great with great presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dollydoDined on 7/19/2014Food was excellent. Anything ordered was done to perfection. I had the scallops and they were cooked perfectly, not like many places where they turn out rubbery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014GREAT food & excellent service. NO RUSH. Swordfish as good as ever. Baseball steak also a hit with the wife. Recommend the old-fashioned root beer float for dessert. QW always a treat and has stood the test of time through difficult economics that doomed so many other iconic restaurants in Orange County CA.Special Features:
- wonderful spot...scottDined on 7/17/2014Delectable menu with a cozy English country/pub surrounding. I strongly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!QuietpleaseDined on 7/14/2014First time for my friend celebrating her birthday. We had a great meal and were comped a creme brulee birthday surprise! Lovely quiet evening and a great table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delighted1VIPDined on 7/2/2014This was a "new" restaurant to us when we traveled to Newport this year. What a great find!! Loved the lamb!!!!!! Dined there twice and can't wait to go back. Try the "Sugar Dog" Ummmmm. Delish and refreshing.Special Features:
- enthusiastic recommendationHBtwinmomDined on 6/27/2014food is fabulous even if bit pricey! bartenders make a great Mai tai...seafood bisque soup is to die for and kids menu is only place to get $6 steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good LunchBillVIPDined on 6/26/2014A friend and I eat lunch at The Quiet Woman and experienced an enjoyable meal. The restaurant was quiet, the service prompt, the menu diverse, the food good, and the cost reasonable. What more could you ask for! We highly recommend The Quiet Woman for a good, quiet lunch.Special Features:
- QuietWomanVIPDined on 6/22/2014Quiet Woman Rocks - Great friendly atmosphere and one of the few remaining places in Newport Beach with a good live music scene.Special Features:
- favorite placeneddyDined on 6/19/2014as ever our favorite place for dinner..love the seafood bisque and where w go for lamb chopsSpecial Features:
- needbeefVIPDined on 6/8/2014Great food, especially the steaks and Australian Lobster tail. Lamb is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 125 reviews are from the The Quiet Woman reviews archive.
- Great dinner and servicetravelguy09VIPDined on 5/17/2014The night started out rough with a table near by that had 6 kids and 2 adults. It was so noisy we weren't sure if we wanted to stay. They, like us had every right to be there, we just wanted a quiet dinner for the 2 of us. The server and manager were very accomadating to say the least. We moved to the bar area in a nice quiet booth. Granted this was earlier on in the evening so it was good that we made the move. The dinner was outstanding and the service was the best. We will definately be back. Thanks again.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/15/2014The best service and great food, this place always impresses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillVIPDined on 5/11/2014The dining experience at The Quiet Woman was excellent beginning with the bread and salads. The Qw Salad was well presented (a lazy Susan presented additions to the leafy green salad) and the bread (rather toast) was excellent. Entrees were served hot and again well presented. The Chilean sea bass was excellent. The Toll House Pie was a good desert. The restaurant was a little too loud for a quiet conversation but perhaps that was the result of the restaurant being filled to capacity on Mother's Day. The Quiet Woman is a "Casual Elegant" restaurant and would rate a "5 star" in this category but only a four star on an absolute scale (which includes "Fine Dinning" restaurants).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet womqnneddyDined on 5/4/2014we go here often and are always pleased with everything, you know the food is good and service special. great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemMelodybVIPDined on 4/21/2014We found TQW thru Open Table and then checked with our concierge who highly recommended it. It's a non-descript building on PCH in CDM but inside is a different world. It's old school opulence with a Classic American menu. Every morsel that we consumed was delicious. We started with an ahi appetizer and then had the lazy Susan salad. We had the tenderloin and the chicken and both were spectacular. As advertised, Mondays are wine nights so we got a great bottle for 1/2 price. Dessert was great, but perhaps my favorite was the "sugar dog martini". Pink grapefruit and it comes with it's own sidecar! Truly a fantastic experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/16/2014Excellent service and food. Went after a funeral service for a former patron of this resturant and we not disappointed. Wonderful lasting rememberances of our friend. The area can be a nightmare to find a parking space but we were lucky with one of the nine spots behind the resturant. Next time in town will visit you again.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go backPegasus70Dined on 3/31/2014My boyfriend and I went on a Monday night and were pleasantly surprised to learn that Monday is wine night. Our bottle of wine was half-priced, which was wonderful. The entire meal was very well prepared from the garlic bread and salad starters to the hamburger and ahi tuna entrees. By the way, the table is provided with a carousel of fresh toppings to add to their salad. What a great idea! I honestly cannot wait to go again. This was an absolutely lovely experience from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first visit was as a 5OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014My first visit was as a 5 year old, with my parents, in the mid 1960's. It was my pleasure to take them to dinner this time! The service is exceptional...we did not wait to be seated at all. The staff was attentive, friendly, and did a great job. To top it off, the food was great, as usual.Special Features:
- Love this neighborhood place.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2014Love this neighborhood place. Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't know why it is so popularConfusedVIPDined on 3/5/2014No parking to speak of. Crowded and noisy. Food only fair. Wine list very pricey. Can't understand why it is popular but admittedly it is. I guess if you like to be in CDM you do
- Noise level was the only problem,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Noise level was the only problem, to loud. Food was great ,start to finish. Best pork chops everSpecial Features:
- Blandest Swordfish EverZulaberry52VIPDined on 2/13/2014I dined here with a colleague this past Thursday evening. We both ordered the swordfsh which was prepared without any spice and served with 2 steamed baby carrots and a small portion of salty mashed potatoes. The menu says it is "simply grilled on the mesquite" and they mean "simply". I asked for a side of salsa to spice up the fish. The waitress also brought a side of tartar sauce. The Ma's salad was okay and had almost an entire avocado in it. With so many other really good restaurants in the greater LA area, I will not be going back to "The Quiet Woman" any time soon.Special Features:
- Again and AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/3/2014I have been here one a week now for three weeks straight, the food and service is excellent. Will be going back this week! Ask for the Capone table if you want a nice intimate dinner with your partner.Special Features:
- I always like coming hereOCTrojanDined on 2/1/2014Best croutons, the salad lazy Susan is fun, just a fun local place. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014Love the booths & floral table cloths with fresh flowers, house salad & lazy susan with condiments, good entrees. Could ne a great romantic spot but kids made it pretty noisy. Friendly and attentive service. We really enjoyed our evening @ QW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very much a pub!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/29/2014Four of us had lunch here after a nearby garden tour at Sherman Gardens and Library. The atmosphere was great and the food was wonderful. Three of us had the chicken,cranberry and walnut salad with fries. Delicious!! The service was ok. There were quite a few at the bar and they were a bit noisy but we were seated right next to them. Interesting story goes with the pub title. I've already recommended to others and look forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Salad spinnerXladyDined on 1/22/2014We had the Lamb chops and roasted chicken. All entrees come with soup or salad. I love getting the salad because it comes with a lazy susan filled with FRESH toppings. Freshly made bacon bits, croutons, mushrooms, sprouts and carrot shavings. We had the banana chocolate desert that is served in a preserve jar. It is layered with bananas, pound cake, warm hot fudge. So good.Special Features:
- Been local favorite for yearsBrettHDined on 1/19/2014Our family enjoyed the Quite Woman. Service was excellent and the food is always consistently good. Best kids menu around. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good Service Great LiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/7/2014Food Good Service Great Live music started at 9:00. Way too loud for such a small room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!SKHBDined on 1/7/2014I've been coming to the qW since i was a kid. Had another great dinner there this week. Atmosphere, food, service is always great! My favorite steak is the baseball and the QW salad is wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Classic DissapointmentSteveRVIPDined on 1/6/2014I used to go to QW when I worked and lived in CdM. So I came back with my son who recently moved nearby. The food was uninspired and overpriced for the quality. With so many great restaurants in Newport and CdM ky expectations for a nice meal was high and the QW did not come close