The Queens Kickshaw
Astoria, NY 11103Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
The Queens Kickshaw
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thequeenskickshaw.com/
- Phone: 7187770913
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 4:45pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Kenji Hurlburt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details regarding your event.
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday night, 9-11:30pm, and special events throughout the year. Check out our website for the latest events - http://www.thequeenskickshaw.com/events.html
- Special Events: Please contact us at email@example.com to request a quote.
A word from The Queens Kickshaw
Specialty coffee, scratch cooking, fancy grilled cheese, craft ales, cider, and wine in Astoria, Queens NY. Open late daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Queens Kickshaw reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Cider heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Bartender was super helpful in selecting a bottle of cider. Very different selection. The food was good and they have gluten free bread which is not advertised very well. Not the best GF bread I've had but it's a grilled cheese sandwich so I can't remember the last time I had one so I'll take it! Over all good experience and would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 24 reviews are from the The Queens Kickshaw reviews archive.
- Yum!CandyVIPDined on 4/27/2014I had read about this place and wanted to give it a try. It has a Williamsburg kind of feel which is cool. Really cool drinks, delicious food! My only issue was the portions were a bit small especially the French toast, however everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, different, worth itaprilshowersDined on 4/4/2014I started coming because of the music, I'd never heard of it before. A few friends came with me and started telling me the food is famous. I tried the grilled cheese with tomato soup... and dang! It's all it's cracked up to be. I like the family style seating in the front, and enjoy listening/watching the band. The wine list is not typical, but I enjoyed the bottle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Restaurant in Queens!KFOXVIPDined on 3/13/2014I have been patronising the Queens Kickshaw for years. They make some of the most delicious food in this state. Here's a real testamant to their culinary prowess... they're a vegetarian restaurant, and I never even NOTICED. I am a omnivore with predominantly carniverous leanings, and it never occurred to me once that I was missing meat from my meals here. They are THAT good. Their Brunch, Their Dinners are exceptional, I wish I lived closer to nab lunch and breakfast there too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden hip spot in AstoriaAndrelle1219Dined on 3/1/2014Excellent list of beers, wines, ciders and mead. Interesting and thoughtful apps and snacks. Awesome selection of creative grilled cheese sandwiches. Brooklyn-style cool in Astoria, QueensSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hipster HotspotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2014For those seeking refuge in a refurbished spot with pre-war ceilings and bare brick walls, look no further than this little gem. Their brunch food is vegetarian, which I did not notice at first because I was too busy scarfing down their delicious grilled gouda cheese sandwich and sipping on their cider cocktails. I have gone here with my family twice and have yet had a bad time. The joint is clearly going for a refined hippie vibe with the selection of ciders and a kombucha beer. The coffee selection is AMAZING. Each has different notes and from a remote and exotic corner of the world. A haven for coffee-lovers. The service was okay, but since it was a busy brunch Sunday brunch time, I can forgive the stone-faced demeanor of our servers.Special Features:
- Grilled cheeses are delicious.PMBTVIPDined on 2/22/2014Grilled cheeses are delicious. I got the Mac N Cheese this time and it was mediocre. Coffee is yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy & DeliciousdeliciousDined on 12/5/2013We didn't eat too much but did taste a few appetizers - they were quite good. Atmosphere was calming and quiet allowed you to both relax and catch up with friends.Special Features:
- Can't Wait to Get BacklinneaviktoriaDined on 11/9/2013Craft beer lovers, this place is for you! They have an astonishing number of bottles and glasses that actually help you enjoy the beer's nose and body. The Cold Poached Eggs are beyond delicious. I could eat only those for an entire meal! They really know how to balance flavors here; every dish is complex and takes a couple bites to fully appreciate. The beer ice cream affogato was sold out when we were there -- just another reason to get back as soon as possible. The wait staff was clearly busy, so our waitress was short with us, but polite. It was clearly an issue of her being a little overworked. Overall, it's a new favorite, and we'll be coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the cheese & egg sandwichfoodieDined on 10/26/2013Had the cheese & egg sandwich which features a cheese crisp - amazing. By far one of the best dishes I've had. Had some cider in honor of Cider Week but I guess I didn't choose so wisely on that part. I'd come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealsirsethalotVIPDined on 10/12/2013This is truly one of the best restaurants I've been to in Queens and among my favorite restaurants in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They served kickass grillFoodiepiggyDined on 9/28/2013They served kickass grill cheese sandwiches. The ambiance and service were warm and welcoming. We had a must have again experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJimmyDined on 9/14/2013Their menu is creative and the drink list is awesome. Been here for brunch and dinner and both times the food was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingfoodieinnycVIPDined on 9/13/2013Service was terrible. Our server left us without water or a drink many times. He was rude. No thank you, have a nice night, thanks for coming, etc. He was too preoccupied watching the band and chatting with co-workers. Food was mediocre and a bit overpriced. We had to send the dessert back because it was terrible.
- Much ado about nothingwr1816VIPDined on 8/17/2013The hype and superlatives about this place do not meet reality. I wish I was as easily pleased as the people who rave about the "Kickshaw." It's ordinary.
- Excellent ExperienceFloresCalabacitaDined on 8/14/2013Having never been here before, and without a recommendation, I chose to bring my boyfriend and guests here for a birthday dinner. I made this decision based on the enticing Vegetarian menu and the website. We were far from disappointed. Ben was great at answering my questions and setting up the reservation. The meal was sumptuous and divine, a real treat for our whole party of varied tastes. We'll be back, especially for the Deep-Fried Squash Blossoms!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and ambianceFoodieDined on 8/1/2013I loved the grilled cheese and how helpful the restaurant was in not pushing us but allowing us to take our time in doing things. I had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- imaginative food with interestingklerDined on 7/18/2013imaginative food with interesting pairings of textures and flavors. extensive beer list. excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent vegetarian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/30/2013Excellent food. Friendly service. Great atmosphere. My only suggestion is to please get more private tables for parties of 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in Astoria!yumyumVIPDined on 5/24/2013Was not expecting this place after having gone out in Astoria a few times and was happily surprised! Service was great and food/menu was awesome! If i lived anywhere near here I would make myself a regular! There was also a live Jazz band playing in the front which was a little crowded but a LOT of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2013I love this restaurant. Everything I ordered was so good. The Kimchi Lasagna was amazing. Everything here is so high quality. Their alcohol selection is huge! I especially like all their cider options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yeah, okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013Overpriced and under portioned. I would suggest they relocate to WB, but even restaurants there don't think it's cute to trot out an anorexic sized portion. Guess that leaves Manhattan.
- We had a birthday party atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013We had a birthday party at Kickshaw. The staff was really helpful and nice. They called ahead to make sure we had everything we needed and let me know I could bring a cake early to put in their fridge. After dinner, the waitress brought out the cake, at my request. I felt very taken care of, and it was a successful celebration, thanks to Queens Kickshaw and their amazing customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only complaint I haveVickyVIPDined on 2/16/2013The only complaint I have (and I am from out of town and we were visiting our son who lives in Astoria) is that the waitress never offered us more coffee after our first cups. Also, after she served our delicious brunches, she disappeared. By the time we saw her to get our check, too late for more coffer. I think it should have been offered when she served our food.Special Features:
- It was perfect. Great draught/ciderCaraVIPDined on 2/9/2013It was perfect. Great draught/cider/wine selection. Yummy comfort food with a sophisticated twist. Great ambience and attentive staff. Will definitely be coming back!Special Features: