522 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://quarternyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 691-3252
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday -Sunday: 10:00am-4:00pm
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday-Wednesday: 4:00pm-12:00am
Dinner: Thursday-Saturday: 4:00pm-1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jason Avery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire at email@example.com
- Special Events: The Quarter can accommodate private dining events for groups of up to 150 people. The venue is great for corporate events, rehearsal dinners, birthday – wedding parties, and many other social gatherings. Our private wine cellar is surrounded by selected wines from around the globe and holds up to 30 people for sit down dinner. For inquiries, please fill out the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: Hudson Street & West 10 Street Corner
- Public Transit: 1 train to Christopher Street Station: Walk 2 blocks west to Hudson Street. Make a right and walk 1 block north to West 10th Street. We are on the north-east side of Hudson and West 10th Street. A, B, C, D, E, F & M to West 4th Street Station: Take West 4th Street and cross 7th Avenue going west to West 10th Street. Take West 10th Street to Hudson
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There are several lots near us in the village. There is one on West 10th between Hudson Street and Bleecker Street located on the left. We also suggest you try Washington Street (2 blocks west of Hudson) between West 10th and Charles Street. Meters are always a good bet (you only have to feed them on Hudson Street until 6pm and Sundays are free).
A word from The Quarter
A neighborhood restaurant with locally inspired American cuisine featuring international accents, in particular Mediterranean and Asian flavors. Relaxed, cozy restaurant where food, beverage, and service are taken seriously. Ours is a place to savor fine wines and memorable beers while dining on modestly priced food presented with crisp, clean flavors with a touch of whimsy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Quarter reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)great for outdoor dining (19)great for brunch (12)good for groups (10)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (9)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (3)special occasion (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Adding to my list of village spotsDonnaDined on 11/1/2014From cocktails to dessert, everything so delicious and service top notch. Unusual menu selections... I had pan seared hake with delicious vegetable mix...my daughters ordered soft tacos and raved about them! Hubby ordered chicken paillard and had nothing but good things to say! Bustling but gracious serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014We stayed in the west village and picked this restaurant because it had been very busy as we passed by at brunch time on Saturday. I was not impressed with our service, we ordered a bottle of wine and were deciding on our food selections. The waiter did not bring the wine until we ordered our dinner about 10 to 15 min later. Some of our entrees were good, but the pasta was tasteless and dry. It should have been returned to the kitchen. We were just underwhelmed with this experience compared to other meals that we had in the area.Special Features:
- Worst service ever!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/25/2014despite the food being above average, it should never take 95 minutes for the main course to arrive. Waitress was completely inattentive and we'll never return.
- Wonderful spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/19/2014We went for brunch and were so happy to see a neighborhood spot with great food and great prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual DiningfoodieVIPDined on 10/19/2014We had Sunday brunch at the Quarter. The food was great.... the best burger that I have ever had. The service was OK. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quarter is a GEM! Don't Miss it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had an amazing time at Quarter. Our waiter Michael was so nice and accommodating. We had a large group of 11 and he put us in a beautiful room surrounded by wines and a cellar. The food was awesome! Drinks were second to none. This place a worth the price too. Portions are generous and the food cooked to perfection. WOW!Special Features:
- fun spot, great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Went here with a group of 7 last minute and they could not have been nicer. Our server Miguel was excellent and very well informed. Food was great, drinks were too. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attitude-free brunchGuyfromDCVIPDined on 10/18/2014We literally fell nto this lovely place- fun and eclectic menu - good helpful service / a great time to Relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOODsudesDined on 9/24/2014Went here for the first time with friends I hadn't seen in a while. We enjoyed sitting outside and catching up while enjoying some AMAZING food! Especially loved the Fish Baha appetizer and the Fig Foie Gras. The service was pleasant, just a little on the slow side (but we didn't mind). I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- AmazinggreatdinnersDined on 9/16/2014I was pleasantly surprised to discover just how delicious everything at The Quarter was. And I absolutely loved the decor and the ambiance. I would certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Quarter adds up to a whole...PKFGDined on 9/1/2014I reserved last minute for a large party outside on the sidewalk terrace. We were very well accomodated overall. My hard to please crowd including 2 pre-teens were all impressed with the service, vibrant tastes and quality from starter to dessert. For dog owners outdoor seating is a great plus. Only complaints heard were due to discomfort of the outdoor seats and a watery decaf cappuccino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FineSuz5Dined on 8/3/2014A good neighbourhood spot. But the brunch choices were very limited. Web site says American Italian when most ingredients were Mexican Service was wonderful!!!!! Great BEER choicesSpecial Features:
- Dog friendly, vegetarian choices?alexjohnsonVIPDined on 8/3/2014Nice place. One big plus and two minor issues. As the seating is on the sidewalk unenclosed, you can bring a dog: not so most of the places across Hudson. I will be back if for no other reason! The quibbles are first, that vegetarian choices are minimal, and removing meat removes a lot of many of the offerings. It's a pity, for example, that a vegetarian burger isn't a substitute for the beef one. I had a good plate of pasta but it wasn't what I'd typically order for brunch. Second, the point of making a reservation is that a table is ready at the time specified without having to wait 10 minutes on the street. These are minor issues: it's a good place with great service and if you eat meat there's nothing to dislike here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 37 reviews are from the The Quarter reviews archive.
- Good foodGooseDined on 6/29/2014Good food, nice location with outdoor seating. Does not serve alcohol before noon so keep in mind for early brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice choice!JimDDined on 6/17/2014I offered a friend a choice of four Village restaurants for his birthday dinner, and he picked The Quarter. We were both glad he did. We took our time over our meal, and were never rushed, even though the place became quite full. The menu had a nice variety, and there were half a dozen specials as well. I ordered guacamole as a starter, and was pleasantly surprised to be asked how spicy I liked it. Both of us had fish entrees, which were nicely cooked; mine was just crisp at the edge, and moist underneath. My dessert was one of the lightest bread puddings ever! In the course of the evening, we had two different servers, both friendly and helpful. Another restaurant to add to my special occasion list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay in West VillageTJ2014Dined on 6/15/2014We sat outside, which was very pleasant and fun. (The noise level inside was very loud.) All of the staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. They seemed to want to make sure everyone was having a good experience. Unfortunately for the price point, the food was not exceptional. It's a lively neighborhood restaurant with reliable food. For a "foodie" experience, go down the block to Market Table.Special Features:
- Great Flavorful FindYumcriticDined on 6/1/2014The Quarter was a gem that my husband told me about. He happened upon it walking around in the west village and was taken in by the Salmon. We decided to have another meal there where we had a wonderful 3 dip appetizer, Quinoa Salad and of course Salmon. It was all delicious. The wait staff was very friendly and we enjoyed our dining experience... we'll go back many times!!Special Features:
- Wonderful wonderful brunch!LindaVIPDined on 5/11/2014Sunday brunch on a glorious day. We chose to sit inside but outside looked quite comfortable, as well. The servers were amazingly attentive. Food was great. I had the french toast stuffed with bananas and cream cheese. Mmmmmm!!!Special Features:
- Not a good memoryWolfmanJaxVIPDined on 4/26/2014Went there to meet my cousin.We were seated by the area where the waiters get the food. First one of them dropped some bowls on our legs. 5 minutes later another waiter dropped a red/orange salad dressing on my cousin's wool sweater. The manager was too busy running around and essentially told my cousin to bring the now stained and wet sweater back so he can send it to a dry cleaner. He then ran to "run the restaurant". My cousin lives in An hour away. I will have to say that the chef was very apologetic and professional. The calamari and the Sojouk lollipops were great. A hamburger was very bland and the Steak Special was ok. Our mood was down by the attitude of the manager which may have affected our experience. A creme brûlée was great
- Birthday brunch successacasualdineroDined on 4/19/2014Took a group of right here to celebrate my husband's birthday. Food was delicious, highly recommend the mass pancakes. Service was relatively attentive w/o being intrusive and the space is airy and fresh. Down side? Hard to hear everyone in the table. We would definitely come back! Ps. I left an open table note about the birthday and they gave him a free mimosa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best hake perpetration inPaulVIPDined on 4/2/2014Best hake perpetration in NYC Pleasant for our group of 6 Service spot onSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/8/2014Our dining experience was just ok. Not sure if we would go back. The kitchen was extremely slow to get our food out. Our waiter didn't tell us about any of the night's specials. The short rib was very under seasoned. The peanut butter mousse for dessert was pretty decent.Special Features:
- WonderfulShandaVIPDined on 3/8/2014Great service, good food, fun atmosphere. Never disappointed. The owners and staff are very accommodating.Special Features:
- Love dinner at the QuarterKendraDined on 2/8/2014Went with a dear friend and everything was delicious... from the champagne cocktail, great Malbec, trio appetizer with fantastic onion dip... to the best burger and fries we've ever had. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointedFoodEDined on 1/25/2014This food at Quarter has been inconsistent. Our third visit, the Rigatoni was mediocre, the squid ink pasta with Calamari was overpriced, too much ink and very few calamari. Two of us had the steak special with bone marrow. The steak was equivalent to the size you would find at a diner in an open steak sandwich, tough with no flavor and way overpriced. I miss the New French!
- Great for drinks not foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2013Having lived in the West Village for 5 years I have rarely found a restaurant where the food simply isn't very good... Unfortunately the fare didn't live up to the neighborhood par given the price. That said, terrific for a glass of wine or a beer from the extensive menu.Special Features:
- Has a television in the barOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2013From the photos I expected a different ambience. The place was actually quite loud and there was a television in the bar. We were seated directly next to the open kitchen, which was really loud and affected the lighting (bright kitchen lighting that spilled over to our candle-lit area). Service was non-existant. It was about 20 minutes between each time our waiter visited our table and we flagged down other waiters to ask for more water or wine. The food was good and reasonably priced, so if you don't care about the service and the television, this might be ok.
- 3rd time lucky?Scotte14VIPDined on 12/14/2013We are locals. This was our second visit and the first since the restaurant expanded in to the premises next door. Tables in the middle of the restaurant are very close together and we had to ask to be moved because other diners' chairs were touching the backs of both of ours. Salmon turned up burnt and very dry - it was finally removed from the check but only after several requests and then a very slow response. It was very noisy to the extent we couldn't hear the waitress reading the specials but it was a very busy evening. Good wine list, a good selection of beers and with the exception of the Salmon the food was very nice. I will probably give it another shot.
- Where's the excitement?westvillagefoodieVIPDined on 11/16/2013We were seated immediately but only because this is not the hot spot on a Saturday night. The waitress was akward and had to come in closer to see what we were ordering on the menu instead of just listening. At our table, the candle was burnt out, they used the seats from the patio for inside furniture which made it uncomfortable. They sat us next to a door which had a draft and no space for other's to come in without hitting my chair. The food was mediocre. My boyfriend ordered the lam which was 75% fat. I ordered the hake which was greasy fish. It wasn't pleasing. If your looking for cocktails this is not the place to go because they do not serve "hard liquor". My waitress ended her shift and left without excusing herself. DON'T GO
- This is a great place to enjoyHereshowitwasDined on 11/2/2013This is a great place to enjoy dinner with friends. The food is exotic, comfort and gourmet all at the same tiime. Don't miss the spicy tomato soup with little grilled cheese tea sandwiches. Mmmmm!Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/27/2013We were a group of 12 and the restaurant was new so we did expect a little service hiccup here or there. Service was fine unless you want to change or tweak menu items. With a couple picky eaters who were not really accomodated. But I have to tell you the quinoa dish was fantastic. And while they dont have a liquour license yet, the wine list was very good. Friendly staff, good quality food but not so great for picky eaters at this point, maybe that will change as they get their groove!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and FunCaitieVIPDined on 10/12/2013Has a unique menu and good ambiance. The space is a little cramped but that's really to be expected at most places downtown. I'd be more adventurous the next time and try a few of their interesting items on the menu, but even "playing it safe" with the dishes we did get (the guacamole, hake, and rigatoni) it was all still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo for QuartetmaryDined on 9/28/2013just ate in its expanded form. really great. the bar area is very inviting although didn't stay there long. they have a private party room below street level. didn't see but a new feature. the food was excellent and the portions were just right size, not too much or too little. It does get very noisy after 60% occupancy. Service was terrific and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseMumpers1VIPDined on 9/22/2013This was our first time at Quarter. It was a Sunday night. Good choices for both big and moderate eaters.,1/2 price bottle of wine special was a delight . Service a little amateur but well meaning. I think they should spruce up decor in the dining room a bit. All in all a very pleasant experience. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful lunch spotMarinuchaVIPDined on 8/25/2013Charming West Village spot offering fresh and delightful nouveau American cuisine, and an outdoor space on the sidewalk for those seeking al fresco dining. Service was friendly, but unpolished. Hostess was unable to find our reservation, and waitress appeared unfocused at times. Sunday fun day=half price wine bottles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere and good foodMamamusketeerDined on 7/23/2013Although we had an inexperienced waiter, he was trying very hard and did a pretty good job. The food was great and the environment cozy. Great spot before catching a show at the Cherry Lane Theatre in walking distance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed Sunday brunch. ArrivedBarbandbarVIPDined on 7/13/2013Relaxed Sunday brunch. Arrived before the rest of my group & was seated & served a drink. Very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Poor service, ok foodgoodbutVIPDined on 7/8/2013The waitress was not really interested. There were 4 choices for the main course on the on lunchtime menu. We arrived at 12:30 and I selected the fish. 5 minutes later, she returned and said that there was no fish left, so she aked what else would I like. I had to ask what else was on offer and she went off to get the menu. She really should have brought the menu when asking diners to make a new choice from the menu. Overheard from the next table "what is the pasta like?", "pasta, well, pasta is pasta". She gave no details of the dish. Plenty of other better options nearby.
- New neighborhood stapleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/7/2013Cute outdoor space, great wine selection, interesting array of food (tacos, quinoa, seafood, burger, etc) and the other patrons and staff were all super friendly. Really felt like a neighborhood place. The fish and the shrimp tacos were delish, as was the quinoa salad. Plus half-off wine on Sundays! Will be going back next weekend!Special Features:
- Lovely spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2013We had a wonderful dinner with friends - good wine, good food, and excellent service from staff who were welcoming and attentive and made sure we had a great dining experience. The delicious appetizers -- roasted cauliflower, quinoa salad, and calamari -- outshone the entrees, which were also quite good. I look forward to returning for a casual yet exquisitely prepared meal.Special Features: