The Quarter Bistro
300 S. Maple Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Quarter Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thequarterbistro.com/
- Phone: (734) 929-9200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch daily 11:00am - 4:00pm Mon - Sat
Dinner daily at 4:00pm with daily chef creations!
Join us every Sunday for our Brunch Buffet 10:00 am -2:00 pm
A wonderful selection of breakfast and lunch entrees. Adults $20.95
Kids 12 & under $6.95
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Plan your next occasion with the Quarter Bistro for an event filled with fun, laughter, and delicious food. Please visit http://thequarterbistro.com/menus.php for all the wonderful choices available. Executive Chef Prokos will be glad to design a custom menu to your specifications that will delight your guests!
The Q offers multiple rooms to perfectly accommodate your specific style of event. From intimate dining in our Chefs Room for up to 12 guests, our unique Red Room perfect for up to 40 guests,to the spacious Sun Room that seats 60 guests, we can create the perfect experienc
- Private Party Facilities: The Quarter Bistro has three private banquet dining rooms, seating from as little as 12 guests up to 60 or more. We can create specialized and/or limited menus to impress your party while keeping your event budget in line. Business meetings, retreats, showers, rehearsals, or your special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Melanie Maroney 7349299200
- Entertainment: For a list of our upcoming entertainment, please go to the following link:
A word from The Quarter Bistro
The Quarter Bistro and Tavern, or the “Q” as the staff affectionately terms it, is pleased to welcome you to their restaurant. A first of its kind in Ann Arbor, the Q aims to deliver a unique and exciting dining experience by marrying European Bistro dining with a Cajun/Creole twist. The cooking style features only the best ingredients. To highlight its unique style of cooking, the Q looked to Cajun/Creole methods for inspiration. A class of cuisine unto itself, Cajun/Creole cooking reflects a proud and strong heritage thatContinued
features an abundance of fresh, native ingredients.
features an abundance of fresh, native ingredients.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Quarter Bistro - Best Restaurants in Ann Arbor ›
The Quarter Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (17)romantic (12)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (9)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great ambiance - Good Food!DawnReneeDined on 11/22/2014We took my daughter & two more cheerleaders to dinner after a cold/rainy UofM game. It was a great, calm place to warm-up, refuel and visit. The ambiance was warm and inviting and it was quiet enough to really carry a discussion. The service was very good and they had a very decent wine list. The meals were good and there was enough variety on the menu to appeal to everyone in our party of 6. We will return to this place for quick visits with my daughter over a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodRedhaeadDined on 11/20/2014We had our Shop Party here, the food was all outstanding, I had the filet which was the best I ever had. My husband the lamb chops he said those were cooked perfectly. Our appetizers were all served at the same time and everyone said nice choice on resteraunt. I would recommend this resteraunt to anyone wanting a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent brunchFoodiecoupleDined on 11/9/2014Hostess was rather rude though our server was nice, the gentleman at the omelette station was also rude. We recently did brunch at the gandy dancer and everyone was pleasant, the food here was decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch- 11/9JoanDined on 11/9/2014Overall nice brunch although when we first entered room there were several empty platters/ chafing dishes (e.g., scrambled eggs). These were refilled after a bit, but that was a little disappointing. They were also out of teaspoons, which did not bother me (I used a soup spoon for my coffee.) Apparently a large banquet had just been seated before we came in. Food was good and tasty. Only other negative comment related to the shrimp. They had not been adequately deveined and there was unsightly black "debris" visible in the bowl and non the shrimp. As a result, I did not take any shrimp on my plate. If it had looked more appetizing, I definitely would have. Waitress was great, attentive, friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining NOT downtown Ann ArborMichiganmomDined on 11/7/2014Found a great place to have dinner with our daughter. No traffic or parking worries on a Friday night like we find on Main St. We appreciated being seated in a semi private room, noise level low, able to converse with our daughter without yelling over the crowd--and it was very busy. The food was delicious, cooked to our order. Salmon for me and ahi tuna for my husband. Creme brûlée was wonderful. Many items creole style we would like to try. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is Cajun Cold?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2014Our food was good but not hot. The waiter was overworked. Consequently, the food temperature suffered waiting to be delivered, the wine arrived midway through the entree, we had to ask twice for bread. Not a great experience.
- wine2funDined on 10/25/2014Great birthday celebration spot! Staff very engaging and attentive. Private room was added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menu but food not greatA2a2Dined on 10/24/2014Six of us, including two kids. We were seating at a huge table, which made it hard to carry on a conversation. Most people enjoyed their meal though the pork chops we're overcooked and the salsa pretty skimpy.Special Features:
- DavidDavidDined on 10/23/2014We met with long time friends at this a central location for both couples. I had the Ruben sandwich and the corned beef was not as tender as as I would like. The others of our group were deleted with their choices of the gumbo, talapia and a salad. Service and ambiance was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Find in Ann Arborrobert253VIPDined on 10/18/2014The food, atmosphere, and service were high quality and my guests and I enjoyed the evening. If you are in Ann Arbor visiting someone at the University of Michigan, this is a good find.Special Features:
- Special date with 11 year oldBobbiDined on 10/17/2014Took my grandson to the movies then to your "fancy" restaurant. He ordered the battered shrimp Po Boy but wanted to taste one of my crab cakes. Had a nice time.Special Features:
- One of Ann Arbor's GemsTouristDined on 10/15/2014Although QB is off the main drag (downtown area), and although Ann Arbor has a vast assortment of delightful restaurants to choose from, QB is definitely at the top of the list. Their menu will definitely have you coming back for more--there are so many unique dishes to try. Your taste buds will not be disappointed. Add to that the friendliness of their staff and the warm decor, it translates into a unique dining experience at a very good price.Special Features:
- Romantic EveningMrBrownBrownDined on 10/14/2014I wanted to take my wife out on a date, and she suggested this lovely gem that we've never been to. I was blown away with the overall ambiance on a Friday evening. The delicious dishes, to the service is some of the best in the Ann Arbor area. We will definitely be back numerous times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014Nice brunch. Good selection of food - mostly kept hot. Only concern was the service. Several times we returned from trips to the buffet only to find our previous plates were still sitting there. Considering the alternative brunch options this is a good value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarydinerDined on 10/3/2014Went for the rack of lamb. Don't have it any more. Very disappointed. Had fettucini with gorgonzola sauce, topped with filet. Excellent.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchCitychicVIPDined on 9/28/2014We had not been there for the Sunday brunch for some time. On our recent trip we were pleasantly surprised at how lovely the meal was. I sampled two of the hot entrees (tilapia and chicken). Both were fresh, nicely presented and delicious. The peel and eat shrimp as well as the raw oysters were great and a lovely touch. I finished off my main course with fresh fruit and the salad bar. I found the fixings to be perfectly ripened and very enticing. I can't forget to mention the desserts - I sampled several. Each had that homemade taste. We will definitely return for the Sunday buffet brunch.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and AtmosphereVenner5Dined on 9/27/2014This is a very nice restaurant to go to for a special occasion. The food is superb and the atmosphere is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal for special occasionEMKA2Dined on 9/19/2014We went with friends and had a wonderful evening. I thought the Filet Rossini special was delicious and prepared perfectly. My wife enjoyed her Shrimps and Scallops with pasta, and we both liked the Oysters on the Half Shell, which tasted very fresh. The New York Style Cheesecake for dessert put the finishing touch on a most enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really GoodLadyJaneDined on 9/19/2014Met friends from work and was able to have conversations. Good Menu. If we weren't driving we would have tried the wines. Ravioli special was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeCrimsontomDined on 9/6/2014This is the second time we've been there...this time specifically due to an email showing the weekly specials (which we had two of) and we were not disappointed. The cajun clams appetizer was amazingly good (wish it were a regular menu item) and the T-bone steak special was one of the most wonderfully cooked steaks I've had in quite sometime. Service was great. Only slight qualm I had was they sat us in the bar area (they did ask if that was ok and we said yes)...we didn't realize that there seems to be a few regulars in there that are a little on the noisy side, but it didn't take away from our overall enjoyment. We'd go back without a second thought!Special Features:
- Always a great dineEwidabitDined on 8/16/2014Love the Quarter Bistro....went there for a birthday (free dinner), love to go for happy hour during the week. Great appetizers! Love to sit in booth in the bar area.Special Features:
- One of the best in Ann ArborpinnaclepeakdinerDined on 8/12/2014The Quarter is a largely unknown but excellent restaurant in a town known for good restaurants. Because it is located outside the "usual" restaurant areas of Main Street, State Street, and others it appears to be less well known than other excellent Ann Arbor restaurants, but it is better than many of them and over all is an outstanding restaurant. The interior design is near perfect, with many smaller open dining areas, each different, and a mix of accents and decorations that make for a modern yet intimate dining atmosphere. White tablecloths, real flowers, a great menu and wine list, and well-trained service staff make this one of the best dining experiences in Ann Arbor.Special Features:
- The following 326 reviews are from the The Quarter Bistro reviews archive.
- Group Dinning Room FantasticNancyDined on 7/25/2014We were a party of eight older adults who had not seen each other in five years so wanted a quiet place to talk and they have a private room that accommodated up to twelve. We had great service not rushed and were able to get separate bills which was great because the women sat at one end and the men at another. The food was good and everyone enjoyed their mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good conversationGoodcosmoDined on 7/14/2014Are in bar area in a booth. Able to order from any menu. Quiet enough for conversation while others in bar area. Food good waiter pleasant and at tentative without interrupting our conversation at bad times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anonymous17Jan2014Anonymous17Jan2014VIPDined on 6/24/2014A friend and I dined at the Quarter Bistro for Restaurant Week.My friend was vegetarian. We dined at The Quarter Bistro because it had many selections, including a vegetarian option. My chicken/shrimp selection was delicious, with hearty amounts; quite pleasing selection. My friend was quite pleased with the vegetarian option. With this good experience, a long-time advisor, colleague, and friend and I dined there for lunch the following day (still Restaurant Week).My chicken selection was delicious, with hearty large amounts; a pleasing selection. My colleague friend selected catfish, and he was quite pleased also. We had take-home leftovers. Though the reservation for this lunch was via OpenTable, it was not found in my dining history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchfitnessgirlDined on 6/15/2014We had a great brunch. Food was good, our table was big enough so we didn't feel crowded with 7 people. We could also hear each other talk. Also we liked that the food was in its own space so people were not crowding over you while getting there breakfast.Special Features:
- WFCDVIPDined on 6/2/2014Very poor service, server dropped items but did not pick it up. Long wait between delivering meal itemsSpecial Features:
- Quarter Bistro never disappointscoachsokDined on 5/10/2014Another outstanding meal from appetizer to entrée!Special Features:
- Last minute reservation!AAloverDined on 5/10/2014We initially made a reservation for 6 for 6:30 but our meeting concluded earlier than expected and we ended up showing up almost an hour early with 2 additional people in our party. They were WONDERFUL about making the accommodation for the number and the early arrival on an evening that was extremely busy everywhere in AA due to law school graduation that day. Our server was very friendly and competent, checking on us frequently but not hovering or intrusive. The wine/cocktail selection is very good and the food was well prepared, plated attractively and very, very good. A very enjoyable evening and we will most definitely return!Special Features:
- FuzzbubbaVIPDined on 5/4/2014The ribs my son ordered were so tough he could barely get any meat off the bone. Plus, it was full of ligaments and fat. We sent it back. The butternut ravioli was good, as was the onion soup. Our server never smile once and seemed extremely bored.Special Features:
- A wonderful experience!gimmeapenDined on 5/3/2014I've been several times, and the food is consistently wonderful. The service is always great. Quarter Bistro is quickly becoming one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mintlessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014My party of four arrived on time for our reservation and was seated promptly in the crowded restaurant. We were then ignored for an extended period of time. It seemed that the server had not been informed by the hostess that he had a new group. Eventually we ordered drinks. The friendly and somewhat apologetic waiter came back three drinks, letting me know that it would take a while yet on the mojito due to lack of mint. The waiter called me and the other male in my group "buddy" which seemed a bit odd. I ordered potato cakes; they were served on a bed of savory lentils and I enjoyed them. But the other three folks in my party found their food to be fair, in the sense of being edible without being particularly interesting in any way.
- GingerDined on 5/2/2014WAy too noisy. Could not talk to the person even next to you. Food distinctly mediocre. The waiters were over taxed.
- Great place!CrimsontomDined on 4/30/2014Had a wonderful meal there and had our 3 year old with us and she liked it as well. We didn't go at the height of the dinner rush, so the noise level COULD be louder at that time...but nothing was out of bounds. Server was fantastic and as a nice surprise we went for my birthday and when someone asked if there was a birthday dessert or something, they said no, but my ENTIRE MEAL was free! Great food, great atmosphere and a really nice policy for bdays!Special Features:
- Possibly the best restaurant in AADELLEDined on 4/29/2014We absolutely LOVE The Quarter Bistro. Excellent service, great surroundings. Dim lighting at night, makes for a great romantic meal. I would recommend this for a 1st date or 100th. Also, for groups they have a private area that is exquisite.Special Features:
- Not up to their usual standardOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/4/2014Not up to their usual standard on a busy Friday night, but the manager made it right taking an entree off the bill and apologized. Last time we ate there the food was excellent. Service has always been very good. Comfortable place to eat. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice variety of food, nice decorGastronautDined on 3/13/2014We had a very pleasant lunch. The variety of dishes was able to satisfy everyone in our party. The food was fresh. The desserts were decorated well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always solidDlynnA2VIPDined on 3/7/2014Been coming to Quarter Bistro for years. Have never had a bad meal or service. Menu is unique - lots of New Orleans inspired food, and some inventive veggitarian options as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, nice wine at aOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/2/2014Great meal, nice wine at a good price. Steve, our waiter, was attentive friendly and professional. We will go back more often.Special Features:
- Fine dining at Quarter Bistrodutcher7barDined on 3/1/2014The ambience was elegant and the service was excellent. Although a bit on the pricey side, the food was very tasty and served in a manner that was well designed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.