The Quarter Bistro
300 S. Maple Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Quarter Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thequarterbistro.com/
- Phone: 7349299200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch daily 11:00am - 4:00pm Mon - Sat
Dinner daily at 4:00pm with daily chef creations!
Join us every Sunday for our Brunch Buffet 10:00 am -2:00 pm
A wonderful selection of breakfast and lunch entrees. Adults $20.95
Kids 12 & under $6.95
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Plan your next occasion with the Quarter Bistro for an event filled with fun, laughter, and delicious food. Please visit http://thequarterbistro.com/menus.php for all the wonderful choices available. Executive Chef Prokos will be glad to design a custom menu to your specifications that will delight your guests!
The Q offers multiple rooms to perfectly accommodate your specific style of event. From intimate dining in our Chefs Room for up to 12 guests, our unique Red Room perfect for up to 40 guests,to the spacious Sun Room that seats 60 guests, we can create the perfect experienc
- Private Party Facilities: The Quarter Bistro has three private banquet dining rooms, seating from as little as 12 guests up to 60 or more. We can create specialized and/or limited menus to impress your party while keeping your event budget in line. Business meetings, retreats, showers, rehearsals, or your special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Melanie Maroney 7349299200
- Entertainment: For a list of our upcoming entertainment, please go to the following link:
A word from The Quarter Bistro
The Quarter Bistro and Tavern, or the “Q” as the staff affectionately terms it, is pleased to welcome you to their restaurant. A first of its kind in Ann Arbor, the Q aims to deliver a unique and exciting dining experience by marrying European Bistro dining with a Cajun/Creole twist. The cooking style features only the best ingredients. To highlight its unique style of cooking, the Q looked to Cajun/Creole methods for inspiration. A class of cuisine unto itself, Cajun/Creole cooking reflects a proud and strong heritage thatContinued
features an abundance of fresh, native ingredients.
features an abundance of fresh, native ingredients.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Quarter Bistro - Best Restaurants in Ann Arbor ›
The Quarter Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (6)romantic (6)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Love this placeCrimsontomDined on 9/6/2014This is the second time we've been there...this time specifically due to an email showing the weekly specials (which we had two of) and we were not disappointed. The cajun clams appetizer was amazingly good (wish it were a regular menu item) and the T-bone steak special was one of the most wonderfully cooked steaks I've had in quite sometime. Service was great. Only slight qualm I had was they sat us in the bar area (they did ask if that was ok and we said yes)...we didn't realize that there seems to be a few regulars in there that are a little on the noisy side, but it didn't take away from our overall enjoyment. We'd go back without a second thought!Special Features:
- Always a great dineEwidabitDined on 8/16/2014Love the Quarter Bistro....went there for a birthday (free dinner), love to go for happy hour during the week. Great appetizers! Love to sit in booth in the bar area.Special Features:
- One of the best in Ann ArborpinnaclepeakdinerDined on 8/12/2014The Quarter is a largely unknown but excellent restaurant in a town known for good restaurants. Because it is located outside the "usual" restaurant areas of Main Street, State Street, and others it appears to be less well known than other excellent Ann Arbor restaurants, but it is better than many of them and over all is an outstanding restaurant. The interior design is near perfect, with many smaller open dining areas, each different, and a mix of accents and decorations that make for a modern yet intimate dining atmosphere. White tablecloths, real flowers, a great menu and wine list, and well-trained service staff make this one of the best dining experiences in Ann Arbor.Special Features:
- Group Dinning Room FantasticNancyDined on 7/25/2014We were a party of eight older adults who had not seen each other in five years so wanted a quiet place to talk and they have a private room that accommodated up to twelve. We had great service not rushed and were able to get separate bills which was great because the women sat at one end and the men at another. The food was good and everyone enjoyed their mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good conversationGoodcosmoDined on 7/14/2014Are in bar area in a booth. Able to order from any menu. Quiet enough for conversation while others in bar area. Food good waiter pleasant and at tentative without interrupting our conversation at bad times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anonymous17Jan2014Anonymous17Jan2014VIPDined on 6/24/2014A friend and I dined at the Quarter Bistro for Restaurant Week.My friend was vegetarian. We dined at The Quarter Bistro because it had many selections, including a vegetarian option. My chicken/shrimp selection was delicious, with hearty amounts; quite pleasing selection. My friend was quite pleased with the vegetarian option. With this good experience, a long-time advisor, colleague, and friend and I dined there for lunch the following day (still Restaurant Week).My chicken selection was delicious, with hearty large amounts; a pleasing selection. My colleague friend selected catfish, and he was quite pleased also. We had take-home leftovers. Though the reservation for this lunch was via OpenTable, it was not found in my dining history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchfitnessgirlDined on 6/15/2014We had a great brunch. Food was good, our table was big enough so we didn't feel crowded with 7 people. We could also hear each other talk. Also we liked that the food was in its own space so people were not crowding over you while getting there breakfast.Special Features:
- WFCDVIPDined on 6/2/2014Very poor service, server dropped items but did not pick it up. Long wait between delivering meal itemsSpecial Features:
- The following 321 reviews are from the The Quarter Bistro reviews archive.
- Quarter Bistro never disappointscoachsokDined on 5/10/2014Another outstanding meal from appetizer to entrée!Special Features:
- Last minute reservation!AAloverDined on 5/10/2014We initially made a reservation for 6 for 6:30 but our meeting concluded earlier than expected and we ended up showing up almost an hour early with 2 additional people in our party. They were WONDERFUL about making the accommodation for the number and the early arrival on an evening that was extremely busy everywhere in AA due to law school graduation that day. Our server was very friendly and competent, checking on us frequently but not hovering or intrusive. The wine/cocktail selection is very good and the food was well prepared, plated attractively and very, very good. A very enjoyable evening and we will most definitely return!Special Features:
- FuzzbubbaVIPDined on 5/4/2014The ribs my son ordered were so tough he could barely get any meat off the bone. Plus, it was full of ligaments and fat. We sent it back. The butternut ravioli was good, as was the onion soup. Our server never smile once and seemed extremely bored.Special Features:
- A wonderful experience!gimmeapenDined on 5/3/2014I've been several times, and the food is consistently wonderful. The service is always great. Quarter Bistro is quickly becoming one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mintlessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014My party of four arrived on time for our reservation and was seated promptly in the crowded restaurant. We were then ignored for an extended period of time. It seemed that the server had not been informed by the hostess that he had a new group. Eventually we ordered drinks. The friendly and somewhat apologetic waiter came back three drinks, letting me know that it would take a while yet on the mojito due to lack of mint. The waiter called me and the other male in my group "buddy" which seemed a bit odd. I ordered potato cakes; they were served on a bed of savory lentils and I enjoyed them. But the other three folks in my party found their food to be fair, in the sense of being edible without being particularly interesting in any way.
- GingerDined on 5/2/2014WAy too noisy. Could not talk to the person even next to you. Food distinctly mediocre. The waiters were over taxed.
- Great place!CrimsontomDined on 4/30/2014Had a wonderful meal there and had our 3 year old with us and she liked it as well. We didn't go at the height of the dinner rush, so the noise level COULD be louder at that time...but nothing was out of bounds. Server was fantastic and as a nice surprise we went for my birthday and when someone asked if there was a birthday dessert or something, they said no, but my ENTIRE MEAL was free! Great food, great atmosphere and a really nice policy for bdays!Special Features:
- Possibly the best restaurant in AADELLEDined on 4/29/2014We absolutely LOVE The Quarter Bistro. Excellent service, great surroundings. Dim lighting at night, makes for a great romantic meal. I would recommend this for a 1st date or 100th. Also, for groups they have a private area that is exquisite.Special Features:
- Not up to their usual standardOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/4/2014Not up to their usual standard on a busy Friday night, but the manager made it right taking an entree off the bill and apologized. Last time we ate there the food was excellent. Service has always been very good. Comfortable place to eat. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice variety of food, nice decorGastronautDined on 3/13/2014We had a very pleasant lunch. The variety of dishes was able to satisfy everyone in our party. The food was fresh. The desserts were decorated well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always solidDlynnA2VIPDined on 3/7/2014Been coming to Quarter Bistro for years. Have never had a bad meal or service. Menu is unique - lots of New Orleans inspired food, and some inventive veggitarian options as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, nice wine at aOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/2/2014Great meal, nice wine at a good price. Steve, our waiter, was attentive friendly and professional. We will go back more often.Special Features:
- Fine dining at Quarter Bistrodutcher7barDined on 3/1/2014The ambience was elegant and the service was excellent. Although a bit on the pricey side, the food was very tasty and served in a manner that was well designed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day 2014TravelCeoDined on 2/14/20141st visit to this restaurant and my wife and I were pleasantly surprised. The wait staff was very attentive and the food was awesome. Great menu selection and the oyster shooter is a must try upon your 1st visit. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- New Orleans CuisineJohnBVIPDined on 2/14/2014The "Quarter" serves very good New Orleans style food with Oysters Rockefeller, Catfish bits, steak Diane, Brisket, etc. They also have some good continental style dishes like eggplant parmigiano. Wine list is pretty extensive with good quality wines at several price points. On Sundays they have a very nice brunch buffet. Parking is easy - they are a stand alone restaurant in a shopping center. Service is first rate - something you don't always find true in Ann Arbor - obviously this restaurant pays attention to the details. Finally, you won't go hungry - dishes are ample - but save room for their terrific tiramisu. The only thing that disappoints us is that they don't have an espresso machine - they really need to correct this asap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booked early, terrible tableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Valentines Day is our anniversary. We always make dinner reservations early so we can be assured of a nice place. We were given the WORST seats in the restaurant which made the experience unpleasant. Although we have dined here many times before the experience has turned me off to this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DinnerVoyageurVIPDined on 2/14/2014My wife ordered the roasted chicken which was really only chicken breasts. Not an apt description for what was recieved. The menu shoudl be altered. Overall, I don't know if it was due to being Valentine's Day, but I have eaten here many times and this time found the food skimpy -- salad portions were tiny; few rolls in the basket, etc. I think management needs to look at their food and operations as they seem to be getting complacent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014The food and service were very good. Would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodeatingVIPDined on 2/6/2014Happy hour had a nice selection and the food was good. Will return.
- Dates & Group VisitsGuestDined on 1/31/2014This restaurant is a great place for a small dinner or late night dessert or cheese and wine top off. Also, very good place for larger groups, such as extended family gatherings. Very good services regardless of the size of your group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but loud!GoodfoodDined on 1/17/2014We've been here a few times in the past. When we had a small group we enjoyed the private room but otherwise it is so loud that it's hard to hear anyone at your table. A lot of the sound comes from the Dj or live band on occasion - at the bar area- some might like that. Overall we like it but wish it was quieter. The "full rating" is indicating "do not recall" which is inaccurate. I marked 3 bars which says "energetic" Which is also inaccurate. It's simply too loud, but no option is offered for too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This lunch experience occurredOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/16/2014This lunch experience occurred during Restaurant Week. It was a deal that couldn't be beat and the food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find close locationblondie64Dined on 1/16/2014I love the fact there's a good restaurant that's not locatedin downtown Ann Arbor.It's gets so crowded and parking is a pain,so I enjoy it very much!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Louisiana style in Ann ArborSeniorVIPDined on 12/30/2013A welcome change from steaks and pasta, the Quarter Bistro has a menu from spicy creole to hamburgers. Something for everyone.Special Features:
- Yum!DanLMDined on 12/18/2013We have been going to Quarter Bistro for several years, not as often as we might like since it is on the opposite side of town. Service as usual was good as was the food AND, as usual, we finished our meal with a slice of their fabulous Key Lime Pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday SpecialTessaVIPDined on 12/12/2013A friend and I dined together on the recent Thursday night. The hostesses were welcoming. Our server, Chelsea, was professional, engaged with us and served very well. We both chose the one of the evening specials which was a bit of a splurge. It was a disappointing choice. It turned out we both had had a drink, mine a pricey Scotch which was great, But for a special meal (it was my birthday soon) that came to almost $100, the kitchen was disappointing that night. I have had better experiences at this. The place was expectantly lively as it is the holidays but the acoustics do not lend themselves to conversation without shouting.Special Features:
- Good2die4VIPDined on 12/11/2013A restaurant only has to be good. The Quarter Bistro is just that. Good service, good food, good atmosphere. The steak was cooked perfectly and the brisket was done well.Special Features:
- Birthday BashVictorDined on 12/11/2013Went for my birthday and had a splendid time. We were seated early (the bar where we had come to get an early start was completely packed). The server (who did not give her name as I recall) was efficient and timely. Our party included a 7 year old boy who is not known for adventurous eating but the menu for kids had plenty to his liking. All in our party enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!!GoodfoodDined on 12/5/2013The entire experience was excellent. We were so happy to be in a separate room. If not then the noise would have been horrible for our group. It was a perfect night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be publicized as cajunlovetoeatVIPDined on 12/1/2013This restaurant should be listed as a cajun or southwestern restaurant. The food has a cajun flair. The tilapia/shrimp was very good! The salmon was a bit undercooked, but that's ok for my liking. The jimbalaya was spicy, again ok with the person who was eating it. Nice atmosphere and good service.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurprisetannercatVIPDined on 11/30/2013We tried to make a reservation at a well-known restaurant near the Quarter Bistro but were unable to get one. They suggested your restaurant. Having never heard of it, we were a little skeptical. However we were very pleased with what we ordered. The soup, salad, burger and eggplant parmesan were all very tasty and fresh. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the meal, even the rolls and hummus dip. We told our Ann Arbor relatives about it, and they agreed that it is a good value for your money. The noise level was high but it was the day of the Ohio State - Michigan game. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Average Food, Good WineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2013We have been to this location before, and the first time we were not impressed. Since it is very close to where we live (<0.5 mile), we decided to give it another shot. The food is consistently good, but it doesn't "Wow". The wine list is nice, and we enjoyed some nice Pinot Noir and Malbec and a reasonable per glass price. However, for the average quality of the food, it is slightly overpriced. The bread was okay, but could have used more flavor, and did not pair very well with Hummus. A whipped butter would be nicer, and we would have liked for the bread to arrive sooner, perhaps when we placed our order instead of a while after. Not bad overall, but not an impressive menu either.